六: I Want To See

Tutors And Teachers

Yoongi sighed as he walked up their driveway, unsure why he agreed to be Jimin's tutor.

He'd texted that he was coming over, and Jae had responded almost instantaneously.

Yoongi lifted his hand, knocking on the door with soft thuds.

But no one answered.

He heard music and concluded that they were in the backyard.

"Hello, Miss Park?" He called out as he opened the back gate.

"Oh, Hey!" She said as she stood up from tending to her lilies.

She brushed herself off, turning the music down before approaching Yoongi.

"Thank you for doing this, it means a lot to me for him to finish college." He nodded, his backpack shifting awkwardly on his back.

"He's just in here..." She said as she lead him into the house, which was surprisingly homey.

"Jimin, Yoongi's here!" She called with a little bit of a catch in her voice.

She coughed once then continued into the living room, which reminded Yoongi a lot of his own.

Once everything was settled she smiled, holding a thumbs up to Jimin.

"Okay, well I need to get back to my garden. Have fun!" She called over her shoulder as she basically hot-footed her way to the back door.

Yoongi pulled everything he'd need out, even bring extra's in case Jimin didn't have something.

~~

After about an hour Yoongi was taken back by how much Jimin knew and retained.

"What I don't understand is how you're doing perfectly here, but failing your classes." Yoongi commented as he checked the younger's work.

"It's not that I'm not good, or that I don't do it, it's because I can't focus in class. Everything is just too disruptive." Jimin tried to explain to him.

"Sounds like you've either got test anxiety, or a really bad case of ADHD, or even ADD."

Mid conversation, Jae screamed from outside.

Jimin leapt out of his seat like a rocket, unsure if she was okay.

Yoongi followed after Jimin, and was surprised to see his English teacher on top of the picnic table.

She kept repeating a word in Chinese, unable to think of any other way to say it.

"Jae, calm down, you know I don't understand Chinese." Jimin said as he approached his sister.

She made put her hands together, making a smooth kind of wiggle from side to side.

Finally she managed to choke it out in English.

"Snakeu."

Well, mostly English.

Once Jimin understood her, he went to the back porch and grabbed the gardening ho.

Then he started prodding where Jae said the snake was.

"Maybe it's best if we go to the porch." Yoongi said as he offered his hand to Jae, helping her get off the table.

She practically ran to the back porch, eyes still wide, breathing still partially labored.

"Got it!" Jimin called out, holding a headless snake in his hand.

Jae was still weary, but didn't seem so panicked anymore, which made both of the boys calmer.

"So what exactly happened?" Jimin asked as he tossed the snake over into the neighbors yard, because no one on that street liked Mr. & Mrs. Lee.

Especially Jimin.

"I was fixing the shed, and I went to grab a box when I kid you not, a snake drops from the damn ceiling. It landed on my head, then I hit it off, and I started freaking out. You know how I feel about snakes, Jimin!" She whined, looking like a bit like a little kid.

"Snakes, good decorations, not good when alive." He said with a chuckle.

"You're worse than Hoseok, honestly." Yoongi said with a slight smile.

"Yeah, he's pretty scared of them..." Jimin said, locking eyes with Yoongi before they both erupted in laughter.

"Yeah, Yeah. Laugh at us, go ahead..." She mumbled before walking into the house.

"Jae, where are you going?" Jimin asked as he lead Yoongi back into the house.

"To get a shower, Idiot!" She shouted from upstairs.

"I love you too, Jae!" He shouted before heading into the kitchen.

"You want something to drink?" He asked Yoongi as he poured himself some iced tea, something Jae had introduced him to which he could no longer live without.

"Just some water." Yoongi replied casually as he entered into the kitchen.

"Thanks." Yoongi said as Jimin handed him a glass of water.

"Thanks for dealing with the snake, Jimin." Jae said as she rounded the corner, coming directly into the kitchen.

"No problem." Jimin said casually as Jae walked in, clad in a black dress that fell just above her knees.

Yoongi didn't want to admit it, but he rather enjoyed seeing Jae like this.

Her hair was tousled, still dripping onto her bare shoulders. Her legs were scarred, but were attractive in some way, and he didn't know why he felt like it was normal to see her like this.

"It's like 60 degrees outside, you're going to catch a cold." Jimin chided as she Poured herself a glass of tea.

"I would love to wear something a little less showing of my skin, but your job is laundry, and the only things in my closet I have to use all this week." She said with a sigh, taking a long sip of her tea.

So, after a couple more hours of studying, and Jae making side comments from her desk, it was time for Yoongi to get home.

"Thank you, Yoongi." Jae said as she bowed to him.

"It's my pleasure." He said bowing back.

"Get home safe." She said as he walked out the front gate.

"I will!" He shouted as he walked down the street.

~~

Yoongi smiled to himself as he walked in his front door, not even the bills piled up could break his mood for some reason.

"Dabin, I'm home!" He called out as he threw his bag and jacket onto the couch.

"Yoongi!" She called back happily as she ran up to him.

He smiled when he saw the bright orange monkey tucked under her arm, he'd gotten that for her fourth birthday was surprised it was still in perfect condition.

Aside from the awkward stitches from where she decided scissors were toys, Yoongi had to sew it back together.

"What do you think we should do for dinner?" He asked as he lead her into the dinning room, helping her into her usual seat.

"Spaghetti!" She happily hollered from the seat.

Yoongi was no master chef, but if there was one thing he could never screw up: It'd be spaghetti.

"Alrighty, spaghetti it is."

It was a little past 12:00am when Yoongi settled himself into his bed, because right after dinner, Dabin threw a tantrum.

It wasn't anything out of the usual for her, seeing as Yoongi had been leaving her at the house more and more, but it was getting ridiculous lately.

Last time she'd thrown a tantrum, she'd ended up breaking a photo frame that had their parents picture in it. So naturally she was 'depressed' for two weeks after, knowing what she'd done was really wrong.

But Yoongi still loved her none the less.