PART 1 ~ 4

YOUR SMILE 너의 미소
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PART 1 ~ 4

 

 

 

 

The time finally came for our graduation. We were 24 and ready to face the world. The end of the speech marked the end of our college life. We threw our graduation caps into the sky and congratulated each other. We celebrated this memorable last day with our college friends and wished them luck for their future undertakings.

Hoseok did the unthinkable. And I told myself that I would never forgive him for that. Right in the middle of the yard where thousands of students stood, he knelt down on one knee and pulled out a bouquet of flowers. My favourites, tulips and calla lilies.

“Min Yoongi,” he pushed the flowers into my hand in which I took it to cover my reddened face. I stared at him in astonishment. Sometimes, I wished he wasn’t so full of surprises all the time.

He took something out of his pocket. A tiny black box. My eyes watered. I fanned at my face, desperately trying to stop my tears from falling. He opened it and revealed a ring with a shiny miniature diamond right on top. I could feel people’s eyes on that thing. I could hear their awes and wows.

“Will you spend the rest of your life with me?” Hoseok finished the question.

That was it. I couldn’t help it as my tears streamed down both my cheeks. I didn’t even care to wipe them away. I knew it’d be useless as they poured down endlessly. I nodded profusely, not being able to speak through the tears.

Then there was that sunshine smile on Hoseok’s face. He smiled widely as he took my finger and slipped the ring on. It fit perfectly. The diamond was beautiful. He pulled me close until I was leaning against him. I looked at him with tearful eyes.

“Yes, Hoseok. Yes.”

He cupped my face ever so gently, and kissed me softly on the lips. I kissed him back, hard. This was true love. I could feel my tears flowing down my cheeks. For that one moment, we’d forgotten everyone else. There were just us. Just me and him. In our very own world.

From that day on, I couldn’t wait for our wedding day. I looked at my engagement ring day after day. Hoseok found a job nearby town. He told me it was nothing, and that he wasn’t tired. But every time he came home, I saw otherwise. One more thing, Hoseok wasn’t a very good liar.

I took up a part time job as a waiter at an expensive restaurant. Their pay wasn’t bad which allowed me to continue my piano lessons. Given our busy jobs, we both made sure to have one day off every week. We’d made sure never to waste that one day of free time.

Sometimes, Hoseok brought me cycling in the park with me locking my arms around his waist. Sometimes, we went road travelling with the secondhand car that Hoseok bought when he first got his pay. Sometimes, it could be something simple like a picnic under the oak tree in the park. Or sometimes, when we’re really lazy, we’d stay home and cuddled together for a movie time or even played games. It wasn’t much, just one day out of the week, but we cherished our moments together.

After what seemed like forever, I turned 25 and we were finally married. Hoseok gave me a piano as a wedding gift. I didn’t know what to say. My tears did the talking for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter