PART 4 ~ 8

YOUR SMILE 너의 미소
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi’s POV

 

I could see it through his eyes that he was holding back the tears as he tried his best to stay strong. For me.

It was funny. His joke. But I couldn’t laugh the way I did a few years ago. My ribs hurt. My heart hurt. They hurt so much that I had to clutch my chest. And every time Hoseok will hold me in his arms and tries to soothe me calmly. He blamed himself for saying something too funny but he didn’t know that it was all that had kept me alive.

I wanted to smile. I wanted to laugh. Just for him. I knew how much he loved it when he saw the corner of my lips curve all the way up. He would always pinch my inflated cheeks and tell me how cute I was.

And I felt so sorry because this time, I did not smile. Instead, my tears rolled down my cheeks like waterfalls. My shoulders trembled and I shook uncontrollably. I could not contain my emotions any longer when I realize that this might be the last time I’m going to see Hoseok. And this just might be the last joke I will ever hear from him. Because I know I’m going to miss him so much. He became nervous as he tightened his grip on my hand.

“No, no, no, don’t cry…,” he said as he wiped the corner of my eyes with his finger. I forced myself to give him a weak smile. And that’s all I could manage.

“I’m so sorry. I’ve been such a pathetic mess all my life,” I said through my tears.

“I still don’t understand how you can put up with my temper all the time. You could be better off without me. You could have been much more happier…”

I was interrupted as he put a finger on my lips.

“Being with you is the happiest moments of my entire life,” he said and smiled warmly.

“I spent my whole life trying to make you laugh, and I succeeded. You laughed. You smiled. And that’s all I needed to see.”

I was speechless. I stared at him. And he stared back. It was as if time had stopped for the both of us. Until he leaned forward and cupped my cheeks.

“I love you, Yoongi. And nothing can ever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter