PART 4 ~ 5

YOUR SMILE 너의 미소
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PART 4 ~ 5

 

 

Yoongi’s POV

 

Day 12 and still counting. I’ve gotten quite sick of the hospital. Everything about it didn’t seem right. The fragrance of the flowers in the vase by the bed. The creaking of the bed when I got up. The sound of the curtains fluttering when the nurses pulled it open. The smell of food when they brought it to me. The usual checkup by punctual nurses. The beeping sound on the monitor. The deafening thumping of my heart in my ears. My heavy breathing…

The only thing, the only person, who made this livable was Hoseok. Every morning when I open my eyes, he’d be there. Every meal I have to eat, he’d be there to share it with me. Whenever I was tired, he was there to tuck me in and kiss me goodnight. He had never left me ever since the day he came to the hospital.

“I’m never leaving you again,” he whispered to me, “Ever. Not even for a second.”

“Oh, Hoseok,” I laughed lightly and we kissed.

I was sure he was tired of the hospital as well. The only ‘bed’ he slept in was a worn out couch that I knew wasn’t anywhere near as comfortable as the one I slept in.

“Hoseok…”

“Yes, my love,” he held my hand, leaning closer.

“I…thank you,” I smiled, “Thank you for being here…with me.”

“Of course I’ll be here with you,” he smiled, “What were you even thinking?”

“It was nothing…”

“Come here,” he pulled me close and I leaned against his chest.

“It’s okay,” he soothed, “We’re together, aren’t we?”

I nodded without saying a word. You’d think that for someone who had lived this long would have seen everything, and wouldn’t be this afraid when the time comes. But truthfully, nothing could really prepare you for the moment. No one could really be fully prepared.

 

~ ~ ~

 

Afternoon came, the nurse brought in lunch as usual. I caught a whiff as she carried the tray across the room. I was secretly disgusted. Porridge again. She placed it on the table on the bed. I thanked her politely before starting to eat.

“You wanna try some?” I asked Hoseok.

“No, thanks,” he said, “I’ll get something to eat later on.”

“Speaking of which, go on and finish your lunch,” he suddenly said, “I have something planned out.”

“Something like what?”

“That’s a secret, of course,” he smiled mischievously.

I gulped down the porridge, curious of what his surprise might be. A gift? A present? Or something entirely different.

Once the nurse cleared out my empty bowl, Hoseok wheeled in the wheelchair.

“Why ever do I need that for?”

“Just for safety purpose,” he replied, “Come on, don’t resist it so much.”

I didn’t want to sit in some wheelchair and made myself look like some disabled person. But when I tried to stand up, I realized I didn’t have the strength anymore. I stumbled and almost fell if Hoseok hadn’t caught me. Obediently, I made my way to the wheelchair and sat down.

“Where are we going?”

“Somewhere no one has ever been before,” he smiled mysteriously.

“Where is that?” I asked.

“Paradise,” he said with a smile.

There was no use of car, just us two, walking, making our way to this paradise that Hoseok claimed. We enjo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter