PART 4 ~ 9

YOUR SMILE 너의 미소
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi’s POV

 

I took in a deep morning breath. I made it. I opened my eyes and surprised myself. I was still in the hospital room. The sun shone faintly through the heavy curtains by the window. I yawned and stretched my arms. I stared at the wall and smiled satisfyingly to myself.

There was a sound to my left. I turned and the door opened. I saw him coming in with a bouquet of flowers in his hand. The moment he saw me, a wide smile was spread across his face. His tears streamed down nonetheless.

Yes, I made it. I’ve fulfilled my promise.

“Yoongi…” His eyes were shiny with tears as he beamed at me.

“Hoseok…”

I blinked and in an instant, he was right beside me. He held me tightly in his arms and hugged me close. I patted his back softly, startled by his sudden gesture. He pressed his lips against my forehead and didn’t let go for a long time.

“I love you,” he whispered.

“I love you too, you fool,” I said, gripping his shirt tightly.

When we finally let go of each other, both of our faces were wet with tears. I lifted my hand to his face and wiped the tears away with my finger.

“When I die, please don’t come near me,” I said softly, “Because I can no longer wipe the tears from your eyes.”

He held my hand in his and kissed my palm. He closed his eyes and just held my hand against his face. We stayed like that for a moment. When he finally opened his eyes again, he caressed my face. He looked at me as if he knew he was seeing the last of me.

“Yoongi, I…”

“Shh…,” I put a finger to his lip.

“You’ve no need to say anything,” I said softly.

There was no need for any more words. If there was anything to understand, we did, in our hearts. The love in our eyes were undeniable. There was no need for an apology, an explanation, or anything else. Just me and him, together. That was enough for me.

We shared a long, last kiss. I could feel his lips trembling. Or was it mine? I could no longer tell. He held me close. I felt like I was in the safest place possible in the whole wide world. I leaned against his chest and closed my eyes. He rested his chin on my head. I relaxed at his steady heaving of his chest. I smiled secretly to myself as I exhaled the last of my breath. The last image of my memory would forever be embedded deep in my mind. Hoseok’s face, his smile, his kiss. I was happy. And that was more than enough.

 

~                                  ~                                   ~

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter