PART 3 ~ 2

YOUR SMILE 너의 미소
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PART 3 ~ 2

 

 

 

One day, Jimin brought me my answer. It was a week later after the beach. Like always, he’d visit me on Fridays. This time, he wasn’t alone. Twelve noon and right on time, I heard his knocks on the door. He was the only person I saw throughout the whole week. As soon as I opened the door, he greeted me with a warm smile.

“Still not going out?” he asked.

“Sorry,” I said, feeling embarrassed, I didn’t really try even though I said I would.

“Here,” he pushed a small box into my hands.

“Problem solved,” he said and winked.

Curious, I opened the lid almost immediately. And my jaw dropped. I couldn’t believe my eyes. The tiny puppy had creamy brown fur and cute button eyes. I recognized it as a Shiba Inu because of its fluffy cheeks. I fell in love with it right away.

“Cute little guy, isn’t he?” he said, patting the little puppy on his head.

“What’s his name?” I asked.

“I should be asking you that question,” he smiled. I figured, I’m his owner now, I might as well think of a name for him. Something clicked inside my head.

“Aki.”

I took a long look at the puppy’s eyes staring up at me and I knew I’ve found the perfect name. He’s my bright little star right now. My saviour from above. And I got the feeling that we’re going to be the bestest friends.

“Aki…,” Jimin repeated, “Nice name.”

“I’ve got one for myself too,” he continued, “A kitten, Scottish Fold. I called him Goyangi.”

“Aww, that’s such a cute name,” I commented, my eyes not leaving Aki.

“They’re so cute, aren’t they?” he smiled at the thought of his kitten, “They like to cuddle, needs love and taking care of, just like a little child.”

Child…

The word struck me. I felt like a thousand needles stabbing at my heart. My face felt warm and my eyes began to water. I didn’t really realize it until I saw the look on Jimin’s face.

“Are you alright?” he looked concerned. I wiped away the tears hastily.

“It’s nothing,” I tried to smile to hide it.

“What’s wrong?” he put a hand on my shoulder, “You know you can tell me.”

“Just drop it,” I snapped, and his hand recoiled.

“It won’t matter anyway.”

“I’m sorry,” he said softly.

I knew I shouldn’t be mad at him. In fact, I wasn’t. I was just mad at everything that has happened, everything unfair that had happened to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter