PART 1 ~ 3

YOUR SMILE 너의 미소
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

PART 1 ~ 3

 

 

 

 

A year passed. I was greeted by the morning sun and a kiss on the cheek. I smiled to myself. I could live like this forever.

“Good morning,” he breathed into my ear. I turned to him, returning a kiss on his cheek.

“Morning, did you sleep well?”

“Of course,” he replied, “I dreamt about you all night long.”

“Oh yeah?” I laughed, knowing that he was just teasing me.

“What was the dream about?”

“I rather not tell,” he said and smiled mysteriously, which earned him a punch on the shoulder.

“God, you’re so dirty-minded,” I said, “Come on, time to get up.”

He groaned and yawned as he struggled to get out of bed. I pushed myself off the bed and proceeded to the kitchen to make us both some breakfast. We took the same morning classes that day. Fortunately, I had woken up when the alarm went off. Or else, there would be a great chance that we were going to be late for class.

I hurriedly set up the table while Hoseok used the bathroom. I’ve put up my outfit and packed my stuff the night before. College life can be a hustle.

Once in a while, Hoseok would visit me at the dorm and spend the night at my place. It’s the boy’s dorms, nobody really cared much. He knew I’d sleep better with him around. I often wrapped myself in his arms, leaned against his chest, and sleep would find me sooner.

“Hoseok, hurry up!” I called impatiently, banging the bathroom door, “I have to use it too!”

“Alright, alright,” he said as he opened the door, “I’m done.”

“Breakfast’s on the table,” I told him before going in.

We’ve talked about moving in together after marriage and stuff. But honestly, it wasn’t that much of a difference here.

I quickly dried my hair and put on my uniform. I made my way to the dining room and found him chowing down on the food.

“Tastes that good, huh?”

“Excellent!” he commented, stuffing the bacon into his mouth. I smiled. I was glad that he liked my cooking.

“Come on, finish your food,” he said after swallowing, “We’ve got classes to attend.”

After enrolling here for more than a year, Hoseok got himself a bike. He told me it was good exercise. And every morning, he would come to my door and fetch me to classes. Even when his classes were different from mine, he would meet me downstairs, told me to hop on, and suddenly we were in a romantic movie.

As always, I hopped onto the back of the bike, locked my arms around his waist and leaned my face against his back.

“Ready?” he asked, looking back. I nodded.

“And go!” he said dramatically while pedaling away. I smiled at his silliness. If he wasn’t my boyfriend, I would have felt so embarrassed I could die. But now, I ignored the glances and voices as we passed them by. After all, what do they know?

It was the end of the weekend, and I was drowning my brain with words and terms and names. It was exam soon again. But life had other plans. At midnight, there was a knock on my door. Hoseok knew pretty well that I would not take interruptions well, unless it was a special occasion.

I opened it and sure enough, Hoseok smiled at me like a big idiot in the doorway. Before I could say anything, he pulled out a small bouquet of flowers, calla lilies and tulips.

“Happy birthday!”

“You remembered!” I cried, taking the flowers to my nose.

“Your birthday? Or the flowers?” he asked cheekily. He was lucky that I was too happy to hit him.

“Come on,” he reached out his hand all of a sudden.

“Hold my hand. I’ll take you somewhere no one has ever been before.”

“Where is that?” I asked, hesitating only for a brief moment before taking his hand.

“Paradise,” he looked back and said with a smile.

I’d never feared anything when I was with him. He was my one and only safe place. I clutched onto his arm that was wrapped around my neck.

“Are we there yet?” I asked with pouty lips.

“Soon, soon,” he smiled, pulling me along, “Almost there.”

As we walked, I realized we were moving further and further away from our college compound.

“Hey, Hoseok,” I reminded him, “This is pretty far away.”

“It’s alright, I assure you, this place is perfectly safe,” he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter