Chapter 4 : Homesick

Ridicoulous Series's One Shots

GFriend is at Japan for their promotion.

Sowon is taking Baby Sohyun go along with them, but unfortunately she has to left her son stay at South Korea because he has school to attend and need to be train to be independent and not clingy to his Mommy, because GFriend has lots schedules to do on forward, like their Asian tour plan, so Geon need to be prepared.

It's hard of course... Hard for Sowon also for Geon, and for their whole family. But they have to endure it no matter what.

 

It's already late at night, but Sowon still awake because she has to feed Sohyun. While feeding her baby girl, Sowon remember about her son. She miss him so much. It's been days since she left. Sowon dials her husband's phone number, and get pick up on the third waiting-tone.

 

*phone conversation

Sowon : "Oppa..."

Hyun : "Hi Honey!"

Sowon : "Did I woke you up?"

Hyun : "No. I haven't sleep yet."

Sowon : "You still working?"

Hyun : "Yeah."

Sowon : "(sigh) Don't overwork, Oppa..."

Hyun : "I know. I'm gonna finish this soon. But why you also haven't sleep yet either?"

Sowon : "I'm feeding Sohyun."

Hyun : "Oh, my baby girl. How is she?"

Sowon : "She's fine. And how about my son?"

Hyun : "Geon-ie is okay. Don't worry."

Sowon : "Was he bothering you?"

Hyun : "No. Geon is great. He is easy to waken up at the morning, he not being whiny, he willingly eat by himself. He's being good boy."

Sowon : "Good to hear that. Is he keep asking about me?"

Hyun : "No. Just sometimes."

Sowon : "I miss him a lot (sobs)."

Hyun : "Hey... don't you start to cry."

Sowon : "(sobs) But I miss my son (sobs)."

Hyun : "I know. I miss my baby girl too. And you too."

Sowon : "Me too. I miss you, Oppa (sobs). Can I see him?"

Hyun : "Sure. I want to see you and my baby girl too."

 

*Then they on their video call

Hyun go to Geon's room, so her wife can see him.

Sowon : "Ooh.. my baby boy. He sleep soundly."

Hyun : "You want me to wake him up?"

Sowon : "No. Not necessary. Let him sleep. I'll call tomorrow morning to see him."

Hyun : "Okay."

Then Hyun get out from Geon's room, back to his working room.

 

Sowon : "Oppa, are you really okay with this kind of condition? We apart like this. You busy, I'm busy. Sometimes we hardly meet for certain period of times. I mean... uhmm... you have rights to forbid me to continue this job."

Hyun : "Hey... do you want to make me as the bad guy who stop you being an idol, so you can be housewife and be with our children all the time?"

Sowon : "..." (pretend to looking somewhere else)

Hyun : "No. I won't do that. Never ever. Eventhough I'm your husband, but you are the one who should decide your own way of life. Besides... Cheojes will kill me if I do that."

Sowon : "..." (looking down sadly)

Hyun : "(sigh) You better go to sleep now, Honey. You thinking too much. I bet you tired and also have lot of things to do tomorrow."

Sowon : "..." (nod weakly)

Hyun : "Don't worry. Me and Geon here are alright. We support you always. So you, Sohyun, and Cheojes are should doing great there too."

Sowon : "..." (nod weakly again and teary eyes)

Hyun : "I love you, Sojung-ah."

Sowon : "I love you too, Oppa. Thanks for understanding and always supporting me."

Hyun : "Kiss goodnight for Sohyun from me, tell her Daddy is miss her a lot."

Sowon : "Sure."

Hyun : "Goodnight, Honey."

Sowon : "Goodnight, Oppa."

*end of phone conversation

 

 

In the morning...

While having breakfast at the hotel restaurant with her members, Sowon video-call her husband again.

 

*phone conversation

Sowon : "Oppa anyeong! Good morning. Oh my God!..."

Sowon gasp in surprise, then quickly put down her phone, because she can see through the phone that Hyun is seems just finished took bath, he has wet hair and bare-chest, which is actually look really hot, that's why she blushing, but she can't let anyone else see that since she on public place that time. But her members who near her of course curious about her reaction just now. They look at her with curious face, but Sowon just ignore them.

 

Hyun : "Hahaha! Sorry! Hi Honey! Good morning." (Sowon can hear Hyun's voice, then look back at her screen-phone, Hyun already put a t-shirt)

Sowon : "Is Geon already wake up?"

Hyun : "Yeah. Wait... I'll give it to him."

 

Then Sowon can hear Hyun calling for Geon.

"Geon-ah, Mommy calls. She want to see you."

Then not too long Sowon finally see at her son on the phone...

 

Geon : "Mommyyyy...!!"

Sowon : "Geon-ah! Mommy miss you so much, Son!"

Geon : "Me too. Where is Sohyun?"

Sowon : "Here she is."

Then Sowon face the phone at Sohyun who sleeping in the baby-basket-carrier that she put on the seat right next to her.

Geon : "Sohyun-ah, Geon-ie Oppa miss you so much!"

 

"Aawww~... so sweet~..." GFriend girls reacted of that heartwarming statement from their nephew.

 

Geon : "Is that Aunties's voice?"

Sowon : "Yes. You want to greet them?"

Geon : "Eung!"

Then Sowon face the camera of her members to give a sight to Geon.

Geon : "Hi, Aunties!" (He waving his hand excitingly)

GFriend : "Geon-ah, anyeong!!" (They also waving their hand excitingly)

 

Then Yerin take the phone so she can take a look at her nephew more properly. Then the other members also take turn. They having warm and fun conversation. They laughing together eventhough just through the phone. Sowon looking at that with so much gratefulness.

When the phone finally back to Sowon, Geon already wearing his school uniform and sitting on the dining room, ready to have breakfast. They talking while having breakfast together while on their each places that far apart. They keep talking on the phone while doing their each activities, even when Geon is on the car with his Dad who drive him to the school, and Sowon is also on her way to her shedules at Japan. Sowon and her members waving at Geon who about to enter his kindergarden school's gate.

 

GFriend : "Bye Geon-ah! Study well and have fun at school! Be good boy! Anyeong!"

Geon : "Anyeong! Mommy and Aunties!! I love you!" (Then Geon send kiss for them through the phone)

After peck his Daddy's cheek, Geon running happily entering his school. Look happy to see his friends and teachers.

 

"Ouwh~... my baby boy is grown up." Sowon said sheding tears.

"Aww~... Unnie? Why you crying? You should be happy and proud of him." Her members soothing.

"I am happy and proud of him." Sowon said while wipe her tears.

 

Hyun : "Honey, can we talk again later? There's phonecall from my client. I have to pick it up."

Sowon : "Okay. Have a nice day, Oppa."

Hyun : "You too. Greet my Cheojes from me-..."

Suddenly his Cheojes who seems heard it appear on the screen-phone.

GFriend : "Yes, Hyung-boo?"

Hyun : "Hi girls! Can you please take care of my wife and daughter for me? Sojung seems a bit down because missing Geon a lot. So can you please cheer her while I'm not there?"

GFriend : "Of course. You don't have to ask."

Hyun : "Thanks. Have a nice work-trip then. Bye! See you again."

GFriend : "Thanks. Bye Hyung-boo!"

Hyun : "I'll see you again later, Honey!"

Sowon : "Okay, Oppa."

*end of phone conversation

 

"Unnie, are you really down because missing Geon?" Yuju ask. Sowon nod with sad face.

"Geon is doing fine. You saw him by yourself." SinB said.

Sowon sigh, "It's not that simple, SinB-ah... I'm a mother, Geon is my son, he just 4+ years old, but I can't be with him everyday to at least wake him up and get him ready for school, or make sure he eat properly on time. And Sohyun too... she just few months baby, but I dragged her all over the places, even to Japan like right now, another country far away from her Daddy and Oppa. What kind of mother I am... (sobs)"

Her members taken aback when Sowon start to cry.

"Aww~... Unnie, don't cry. Geon is okay. Sohyun too. Don't worry." Eunha and Umji give her leader-unnie a hug.

"Geon is smart and tough boy. He know very well what you do. You took him everyday to work since he still baby for years. I'm sure he understand." Yerin said.

"Eventhough he understand, but me... I want to be with him. I want to by his side on everything he do. And make sure he doing okay." Sowon said between her crying and sobbing.

"So what you want to do?" SinB asked in somehow cold tone, secreatly having suspicious thought, "You want to quit work for stay with your children?" She raise her voice, sneering and at the same time checking her thought.

"M-... ma-... may I?" Sowon ask stutterly nervous.

"NO!!" Her members almost shout in unison. That unfortunately startling and waking up Sohyun, makes that baby cry. Sowon quickly trying to calming down her baby, she pick her up, lay her head on her shoulder then rock-a-byeing her gently, then Sohyun gradually calm down then back to sleep.

 

 

Later...

GFriend just finished their showcase for their new album. When they just entering their waiting room, they welcomed by Sohyun's loud crying. Sowon who still behind quickly barged in, rushing to get her baby.

"Aww~... Sweety, why you crying so loud? Are you miss Mommy?" Sowon wooing her baby who still crying. Sowon look at Hairstylish-Unnie who by chance the last carrying Sohyun just now before Sowon take it back.

Hairstylish-Unnie timidly grinning, "I'm sorry but I accidently dropped my comb onto sleeping Sohyun. It startled and woken her up. Sorry Sojung-ah..."

Sowon sigh, "Oh... it's okay, Unnie. I'm sorry too if Sohyun troubled you."

"No. I love Sohyun. I love baby-sit her. Seriously." Hairstylish-Unnie trying to assuring.

But, seems like Sowon already down, that's why then she said, "Everybody, I'm really really sorry for troubling all of you all this time. For add more of your already busy work with baby-sit my children. Where me as their mother, is the one who should taking care of my children. I'm sorry for my unsensitiveness. Please forgive me!" Sowon bows deeply to everybody.

"No, no, no... you don't have to said that! We all love your children. We are family afterall. Don't apologized about it. Sojung-ah stop it!" They all trying to stop her from bowing at them over and over again.

 

"SOJUNG UNNIE, STOP IT!!!"

 

Her members finally can't hold their anger any longer. Their yell makes the room turns into silence, just Sohyun's whine that fill the air.

Yuju and Umji steps closer, try to calming down their Unnie, "Unnie, have a seat first. You need to calm down for calming down Sohyun. She needs you. Maybe she's hungry. Let's try to feed her. Or maybe change her diaper."

While Yerin, SinB, and Eunha trying to compose the room situation, quietly telling everybody that their Leader-Unnie is just having home-sick that's why she 'acting' that dramatically. It's enough to calm everybody down in understanding then back to their activity.

 

After changing Sohyun's diaper, that found indeed wet, then Sowon feed her, not taking too long Sohyun finally calm and sleep. Situation back to condusive.

After change their stage outfit to casual clothes, one by one, the girls come and stay close with Sowon. Securing the leader's mood, since the members are the people who the most know her well. Not letting Sowon just being alone with Sohyun. The mood-swings of their leader-unnie is always be a high concern of the members. The girls learn that lesson multiple times hardly when Sowon pregnant Geon and Sohyun, both were hard. it surely drive their group's well being. Fortunately they successfully through those. Huft~...

 

"Unnie, Sohyun already back to sleep. You can go to change your clothes and clean up your make up, we'll stay here to take care of Sohyun." Eunha advice, trying her best to carefully pick the right words and her intonation to talk to her moody-unnie.

"Okay." Sowon just said that, then carefully put her baby on the baby-basket-carrier, then get up to do what Eunha told her to do. Leave her members that quietly sigh their relieve.

 

 

About a week later, GFriend finally back to South Korea. At the airport, Hyun and Geon already there excitingly can't wait to see Sojung and Sohyun back.

"Is it still long, Daddy?" Geon ask for the upteenth time.

"They just announce that the aiplane just landed, Son. Let's wait some more. I think it probably about 15 minutes." Hyun tell his son. Geon nod eventhough pursing his lips, irritated, since he really miss his Mom and litle sister.

 

After minutes that feel hours, finally Geon can see his Mom that carrying his baby sister come out from the open gate, along with his aunties. That boy quickly run as fast as he can to the people who he longing want to see very much.

"Mommy, Mommy!!! Seohyun-ie!! Aunties!! I miss you all so much!!"

Sowon's smile bloom as soon as she look at her son running to her, "Geon-ah!" She fastering her steps. Few meters before Geon reach her, Sowon kneel, and Geon throw himself to his Mom's embrace.

"Oh, Mommy miss you so much, Geon-ah." Sowon said while pouring kisses to her son.

"Me too, Mommy! To Sohyun-ie also." Geon said also busy kissing his Mommy and baby sister.

"Hey, hey... left Daddy some of your Mommy and your sister, Geon-ah." Hyun teasing, then greet his Cheojes and staffs.

"Hi, girls, welcome back."

"Hi, Hyung-boo. It's great to be back, nice to see you again." The girls warmly greet back their Hyung-boo.

 

"Honey..." Hyun bend to steal a kiss on his wife's lips then take Sohyun from Sowon's arm, "My pretty baby. Daddy miss you so much." As Hyun pouring kisses to his baby girl. It makes that baby girl wriggling and let out a cute sound that makes everybody who heard that squirm and squeal at her cuteness.

"Let me see her, Daddy." Geon beg. Then Hyun adjusting Sohyun on his arm, then scoop up his son on his free arm, so while both of his children on his arms, then Geon can take a look at his cute baby sister. Geon naturaly twine his Daddy's neck, while his free hand caressing his baby sister's cheek. "Sohyun-ah... Oppa miss you a lot, Sweety." Geon said wooing his baby sister. He sound so confident calling himself as 'Oppa'. That makes his parent and aunties chuckle.

They walk together to the exit gate, then separated, Sowon will go home with her family, the rest of GFriend members back to their dorm, staffs also back to their own places.

 

 

Later...

After Geon and Sohyun sleep right on their each respective bed, Sowon clean up her lugage and manage to put her stuffs back on each place, after done it, Sowon lie down on her bed ready to sleep. But then after few minutes, even though she feel tired and sore all over her body which supposed to doze her easily, but oddly she can't sleep. She feel forget something. She staring the ceiling and blinks once in a while, trying to figure out what she missing. She sigh then sprawled her slender body trying to filling her king-size bed.

 

Uhmm... this bed used to feel fit and warm. But why now feel so wide and empty?...

...

Of course this different with hotel... here is my home, my room, my bed.

....

Did I left too long? Do I need to adapt myself back at my home?

Tsk... it can't be. It's ridiculous...

But why this bed feel odd...?

...

Ah! I got it! Silly me...

I forget about Oppa!

No wonders this bed feel so empty and cold.

Sowon quickly get up from her bed then go to Hyun's working room on the first floor of their house.

 

 

She open the door to peek inside. There he is... her husband, handsome as always.

"Oppa.." she calls. Hyun turn to look at her, and a smile form on his face as soon as their eyes meet.

"Hi Honey! I thought you already sleep." Hyun said.

Sowon enter the room, then close back the door. Then walk slowly until she close enough next to Hyun's seat, then she lean on his working desk.

 

Hyun can't help to staring at his wife who coming closer to him. She wearing a robe with cute bunny pattern, but he could see a bit part of the lace of her nightgown. She tied up her hair into messy bun, revealing her tempting slender neck and deadly jaws. Sojung's appearance at that time is more than enough to encourage him to imagine how y his wife could be behind that robe. Even just from that imagination is enough to make Hyun suddenly short of breath and heating up. He hardly gulp.

 

Oh.. goodness! How she can look this gorgeous...?

Hyun screaming inside.

 

 

"Oppa, are you still having lot of work? is it still long? Aren't you tired or sleepy? Are you gonna let me sleep alone? don't you miss me? because I miss you a lot. I miss you by myside... can't you-..." Sojung can't complete her sentences, when her husband suddenly get up and shut her lips by kissing her passionately.

Sojung gasping for air, when Hyun let go her lips to smooching her neck, and she naturally tilt her head to give better acces for him to make a route from her jaws down along her neck to her collar bone.

"You shouldn't have rights to whine, Babe.. even if you just stand still, you already make me crazy about you. Do you want to kill me?" Hyun murmured and growl between his smooch.

"I-... I thought you-... (moan) Oppa~... (moan)" Sojung stutter, hardly gripping her sanity.

 

Sojung felt the strength of her legs faded. But when she about to drop, fortunately her husband is quick enough to lift her by her waist and sat her on the working desk. Letting her lean to him. Sojung's arms naturally encircling her husband's neck. Her slender fingers slipped between Hyun's strands of hair. Gripping and pulling it gently, that makes Hyun growled, having hard time to controlling himself.

 

"You killing me, Sojung-ah... (growl) Don't blame me if I'm getting harsh (growl). You the one who start this... (growl)"

"Oppa, can't you take me (moan).. to our bed now? (moan).. please... (whimper)."

 

Sojung doesn't need to ask twice. Hyun rushingly lift and carry her toward their bed room. They keep locking kisses even as they climb the stairs. But Hyun are gentlement, he manage to gently lay his wife on their bed. Eventhough then he almost tear up her robe off and lustfully smooching all over her body, but he will always trying his best not to hurt her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Indeed... there's no place like home.