Chapter 9 : Babe, Don't Do That! Part 2 (Sequel from Chapter 1)

Ridicoulous Series's One Shots

"Babe, please... I beg you... spare my life... Do you realize that you gave me hard times lately?" Hyun's voice is sounds desperatedly.

Sojung turn to look at her husband, "What? What did I do that makes you having hard times lately?" She wonder.

"Do you need me to list it?" Hyun offering 

"List? There's more than one?" Sojung frown.

Hyun nod. His face is somehow look pale.

 

"1. You turn your hair color into blonde." Hyun starting his list.

Sowon raise her eyebrows.

"2. Your Special stage cover of Miss A's 'Hush' on 2018 KBS Gayo Daechukje." He continue his list.

Sowon start to fold her arms on front of her chest.

"3. Your 'Gashina' special stage on Golden Disc Award." Hyun's eyes become glassy and he a bit chocked.

Sojung deeply sigh, there's upset expression plastered on her face, "Oppa.. do you want to protest about my y performances again? are you still unable to overcome that? How many times we had talked about this topic?... I thought we had a deal. That you understand these as my job responsibility. That this just ocassionally tasks. That's why it called as Special Stage/Performance. Remember? I'm not do these kind performance often. If you willing to count it, on year 2018 I just did that twice : Gashina & Hush. And at this new year 2019 I just did it once. It's not a lot if you compare it as a year performances quantity."

"In reality you can't count your 'Gashina' performance as just one. You performed that on your every Concert all over Asia. Even if you just did it once a year, I still gonna protest. I hate you showing that side of you publically." Hyun insist.

Sowon pout, "You being too much! You are too greedy! You being unprofessional! You being too clingy, unmatured, overly possesive and protective!" She furiously protest.

"It's because you are my wife! I won't do that to somebody that have no relation with me. It's normal if I being like this over you! Instead.. you should worry if your husband okay with something like that!" Hyun raise his tone.

 

"Hyung-boo... Unnie... calm down!" The rest of GFriend members trying to arbitrate.

 

"Tell your Hyung-boo to do that! I'm fine, though..." Sowon nag then sit on the couch.

"Tell your Unnie to behave! Remind her that she already become a wife and mother of two!" Hyun also argue. Then flopped himself roughly on the couch, right next to his wife.

 

The girls sigh. They hate to become mediator everytime that stubborn couple fighthing. It always put them in uncomfortable position.

 

 

That night, Sojung refuse to back home with her husband, she insist to sleep over at the dorm and she takes her children along with her.

"Unnie, don't you think that instead taking apart purposely from your husband, you should discuss it with him to reconcile?" Eunha advice.

"I didn't do anything wrong about those performances. But he insist to blame me. I refuse to apoligized to him. We are in the opposite. I can't talk to him when he so into his jealousy. When he not in his right mind, there's nothing I can deal with him. We gonna keep argue and might goes really bad if we force to discuss it now. It's better for us to calm ourself down first before we talk about this again." Sowon said, trying to keep herself chill and rational.

The girls sigh. They think their Unnie is right. They can't talk about it when they can't control their flooding anger to each other.

 

"Sojung-ah! Don't you walk away from me! Let's go home! We need to talk!" Hyun insist. He knocking on their car window.

Yerin and Eunha jolted. They never see their used-to-be-cool Hyung-boo being in that rage before.

Sohyun seems surprised by that raging knocked, that baby girl burst to cry. It makes the situation inside the van become so uncomfortable.

"Mommy, why Daddy like that? He seems mad at you..." Geon asking while look scared.

"Daddy is upset to me. Mommy can't talk to him now. We might gonna fight badly. Mommy think that we should wait Daddy to calm down first. Mommy gonna sleep over at the dorm with your aunties while waiting your Daddy to calm down. Mommy want to take you and your sister along. But if you want to go with your Daddy it's fine. So who you gonna choose, Geon-ah?" Sowon asking her 4 years old son.

Geon look at his Mommy, then to his Daddy who keep knocking on the window car. That boy hesitate. The tears building up on his eyes, ready to stream out anytime. He turn to look at his Aunty Yerin. And Yerin is like heard the unspoken message from her nephew, asking for her help.

 

"Just stay with us for now, Geon-ah. Okay, Boy?" Yerin make decision. Geon nod. Sowon gladly sigh.

Sowon rolled down the window, "We can't talk now. I'm gonna sleep over at the dorm, and I bring the children. Let's talk again when we calm down. Bye Oppa." Then Sowon roll up the window.

"Hey, wait! You can't walk away from me like this. And you also can't take away my children from me! Kim Sojung get out now and get back home with me!" Hyun keep insist.

"Just drive, Oppa!" Sowon order the driver-Oppa.

"Are you sure?" Driver Oppa hesitate.

"Yeah! We better go now before people see, and medias blow up this embarassing matter." Sowon said.

Then they go, leaving Hyun who furiously yell at them, asking her wife to stay.

 

It feel stuffy inside the van. They drown into their own mind.

Sowon is trying her best to soothing her baby girl, while Geon is snuggling deep on Eunha's embrace on the back seat. That toddler boy is sobbing quietly. He scares and sad. So Eunha trying to soothe him with her soft voice, caressing his head and gently rubbing his back.

 

 

It's been 3 days since Sowon and her children staying at GFriend's dorm...

Hyun called her so many times, that's why Sowon decided to blocked his phonecall. Then Hyun called to his Cheojes's phone. The girls tried to talk to him, but the anger seems conquer him too much, he insist that he is the right one, that he is the victim of Sowon's selfishness. The girls end up to blocked his phonecall as well. Gave up to faced him. At least for now...

 

 

 

Almost a week since that incident. It's new year. The girls is on their break time for 3 days. They went home to their parents home, but Sowon and her children still at GFriend's dorm. Eventhough Sowon actually want to go to her parent's home to spend her new year with her family, but she has to restrained it because worry if her still-angry-husband would come and causing troubles, also because she hate to argue with him. The dorm is the safest place for them currently. The security will blocked his way to them as long as Sowon has not allowed it.

 

 

 

SinB's hometown, Cheongju, is the fartest among the members. SinB is the rarest member who went home. But eventhough she just at home for a night, she feel insecure, worrying her leader-unnie and her children who staying at their dorm by themselves. That's why after thought about it, in the afternoon, SinB finally decided that she better go back to their dorm eventhough she actually still has break time until tomorrow. She explain the matters to her parent and asking their understanding to let her go sooner than she supposed to be.

She spent her one and half hour on the way to Seoul to think about what she should do to help her oldest-unnie, in the end she decide that she should talk to her Hyung-boo. That's why as soon as she get out from the Seoul KTX Station, she took a cab to her Hyung-boo's office.

 

 

At Hyun's office...

"Miyoung Unnie, can I meet Hyung-boo?!" SinB ask to Hyun's loyal secretary as she rushly come out from the elevator.

The secretary frown her forehead, staring to the seems young girl with cap, mask, and thick oversize hoodie, who suprisingly called her as 'unnie' casually. "I beg your pardon... Miss..  may I know who you are and who do you mean of 'your hyung-boo' is?"

SinB taken aback, "Ah... sorry." She then take off her mask and cap.

"Oh.. SinB-ah." Miyoung quickly recognize her as soon as she look the face behind the mask.

SinB is grinning, "Can I meet Hyung-boo?" She repeat her question.

"Sajang-Nim is still on the meeting room with clients." That secretary tell.

SinB pout, "Is it still long? Can I wait him here?"

"I don't know how long gonna be.. but of course you can wait him here, or in his office. I'll tell him that you waiting." Miyoung tell, then walk SinB to the CEO's office, open the door for her.

"Okay. Thanks Unnie." SinB then get in the office.

"You want something while waiting for him?" Miyoung ask.

"Uhmm... can I have a water? I've been continuesly ran to get here." SinB grining.

Miyoung chuckle, "I'll get you a water." Then she closed back the door.

 

 

SinB wandering inside Hyun's office, looking at the entire interior design of that wide office. It feel formal and masculine, it has minimalist design, but when SinB look at Hyun's desk it contrast from the mostly feeling that she get about the room. There're lot of family pictures on that desk. Not only Hyun and his parent, then of course Sojung and their children, but also his in-law Kim family and his GFriend Cheojes. It all have happy faces. SinB can't hold to smile, as she feel warm on her heart.

 

Suddenly the door open...

"SinB-ah! It's great to have you here." Hyun warmly greet then pull his savage-cheojae into his hug.

SinB warmly tap her Hyung-boo's back, 'manly' hug him, "Hyung-boo, we need to talk!" She bluntly said.

Hyun sigh, "About your Unnie?" There's somehow blaming tone on the way he said it.

"About both of you, for goodness's sake!" SinB almost yell.

Hyun sigh again, "Did I act too much?"

"YES!" SinB shout.

"I have rights to mad at her." Hyun insist.

"Yeah. Of course if you need to. But not for that reason. You being childish and narrow-minded! You seems don't know your wife really well... I'm sure your logic brain already told you that Sojung Unnie was did that definitely not for filrting on somebody. It's pure art and professional." SinB savagely scolding.

"Your immature is make my Unnie, my nephew and my niece's life become miserable. Because your anger and terror to them, they have to locked themselves at our dorm, when they should be having good time with their family at home on these New Year Break Time. Huh! What a great man you are!" SinB cynically scold.

Hyun lowering his face, somehow embarrased.

 

SinB give a while moment for her Hyung-boo to digest her words. Then she tap Hyun's shoulder, "Go to them and say you sorry. Don't blame my Unnie. I'm sure you are mature enough to understand what she did. I'm sure deep down in your heart you understand that Sojung Unnie is true to you only. Right?"

Hyun nod.

 

"Good! Okay. It's all I had to say. I better go now." Then SinB walk away.

"Hey! SinB-ah!" Hyun called.

SinB stop then turn to face him.

"Thanks." Hyun said.

SinB smile, "No problem."

SinB about to go when Hyun call and stop her again, "SinB-ah... uhmm... uhmm..."

"Tsk.. what?!" SinB irritated by Hyun's hesitation.

"Uhmm.. would you acompany me to talk to Sojung?" Hyun finally said.

SinB mocking, "Are you scare to seeing your own wife?"

"You know... Sojung can be really scary when she's angry. Even more because she's right and I'm who's fault." Hyun innocently say.

SinB laugh, "That's why you shouldn't let your immature and ridiculous jealousy conquer you. Sowon Unnie used to say : Keep your sanity! Remember?!"

"Yeah, yeah.. I get it. It just... saw her looked that gorgeous and y and hot..." Hyun groan a bit, "In front of so many other people... it hurt me~... I shouldn't let that happened... she's mine. She shouldn't show that kind of her special side to anyone else but me... she-.."

SinB interrupting, "Stop it! You start it again! You still don't get it yet. You better don't talk to Sowon Unnie now... not until you get it. You gonna ruin it even more."

SinB stomping her steps as she walk to the door. She open the door, almost bump into Secretary Miyoung who bring her a glass of water, luckily SinB managed to slide aside and dodge.

"Oops... SinB-ah, here's your water." Miyoung offering 

SinB scoffs, "Unnie, I think you better give that to your Sajang-Nim, he need it to cool down his head and his heart. Tell him to loosen his possessivity." Then SinB leave.

 

 

*****

 

Meanwhile at GFriend's dorm...

Sowon feel as if her heart is about to jump out of her chest when she heard the door bell ring. Geon is sleeping on the couch, while Sohyun is playing on the matrees.

"Sohyun-ah, Sweety, don't go anywhere, okay? Mommy has to check the door for a while." Then Sowon set fence to prevent Sohyun to crawl out from that area without her supervizing, then she get up and go to the door. Sowon carefully peek through the peek-hole on on the door. She sigh gladly when she saw Yuju and Umji. She open the door.

 

"What are you doing here? You should be at home now," Sowon questioning.

Yuju and Eunha grining, "We worry about you, Unnie. Is everything fine?" They ask.

"Yeah. Everything is fine." Sowon said almost can't be heard.

 

"Unnie...?" Eunha call her name in doubt tone.

 

Suddenly Sowon pull them both for tight hug. Eunha and Yuju taken aback for moments, but then they quickly regain their sense and hug their Leader-Unnie and rubbing her back, soothing.

 

"I'm sorry, as the oldest and leader I'm should bring peace on our group, but instead I'm the one who make you worrying me because my personal matters. I'm incompetent leader. I'm sorry..." Sowon mumbling.

"Hey, don't say that... Unnie, you are dependable and capable leader. Your leadership is that makes our group able to in-track." Yuju soothing.

"Your personal matter can't change that fact." Eunha add.

Sowon loosen her hug, wipe her tears, "Thanks girls." She form a smile.

 

Then they get inside the dorm.

Sowon suddenly gasp, "Oh my God! Where's Sohyun?!" Eunha and Yuju startled.

 

There's a small gap form because the fence wedged by a teddy bear plush toy. That small gap maybe the way Sohyun got out from her fence. Sohyun is energetic active baby who on crawling phase. She might crawl to everywhere if there's nobody supervised her.

 

"Split up! Find her quickly!" Sowon firmly order. Then the three of them dashing to complete the order.

 

After a while, they gather back at the living room with no result. Sohyun can't be find at anywhere at the dorm, eventhough they already looked at every crooks and under the table also under the bed, Sojung check on the balcony terrace, Eunha looked to the refrigerator, Yuju even search among the laundry, but they can't find her.

 

"Maybe she go out?" Eunha questioning 

"How she did that? Sohyun can't open the door.." Sowon said.

"What if she sneak out when we just arrived and talked while the door open?" Yuju guess.

"Uhmm..." Sojung contemplate, "Could it be?..."

"Ouwh.. let's try to look for her outside." Yuju dash out.

Eunha about to follow her roommate when Sowon stop her, "Eunha-yah, you stay here, watch Geon for me while I go to search with Yuju. We better not leave him alone."

"Oh, okay Unnie. Don't forget to bring your cellphone." Eunha reminding.

'Oh right." Sowon quickly snatch her cellphone on the table then dash out.

 

*****

 

Meanwhile...

SinB just come out from the elevator on the Lobby Floor of Hyun's company building when she notice the glimpse of her members, Yerin and Umji. She calls them.

"Yerin Unnie! Yewon-ah! What you guys doing here?"

Yerin and Umji surprised to see her. "SinB-ah, what are you doing here also?"

"I can't stop thinking and worrying about Sojung Unnie and her children who stay on our dorm, so I decided that I should do something to help. I thought I should talked to Hyung-boo." SinB tell.

"Ah, the same reason with us." Umji said.

"Then, how it goes?" Yerin ask.

SinB pout and scoffs, "I just know that Hyung-boo can be really immature... I wonder how Sojung Unnie deal with him all these years..."

Yerin and Umji disappointed to heard that.

 

 

"Then what we should do now?" Umji break the silence.

Yerin and SinB shake their head gloomily, "I really don't know..."

 

 

 

But then, at the same time their cellphone ring a message tone.

It from their group chat..

 

Eunha : [How's going?]

              [Anyone find her?]

Sowon : [Not yet]

Yuju : [Still searching]

           [Unnie, where are you now?]

           [I'll go to the west wing, so you better go the other wing]

Sowon : [Okay]

 

 

Yerin, SinB, and Umji glance to each other, confuse.

 

SinB : [What are you talking about?]

Eunha : [Sohyun is disappear]

Yerin : [WHAT?!]

Umji : [Where?]

Eunha : [Dorm]

SinB : [We'll coming...]

 

Then Yerin, SinB, and Umji rushing to their dorm.

 

 

 

Those 5 girls continuesly running and searching on every floor of their dorm building. They even check on the emergency exit stairs and check on the CCTV monitors on the security office. They find that Sohyun indeed sneaked out when the door open when Eunha and Yuju came. Then that baby crawl along the alley then got into the opened elevator. Then came out on the other floor, crawling around there a while then got into opened goods-lift when there's package-delivery-man come out brought a lot of packages that seems blocked his sight to that baby existance, then Sohyun come out on the basement parking lot, crawling between and under the cars that parking there. After that it's difficult to find her. So then the girls decide to search on the basement parking lot, some of the security men join to search, while Umji stay to monitoring the CCTV.

 

"Oh my God~... Sohyun-ah, my baby~... where are you Sweety?" Sowon wailing.

"Don't be weak, Unnie! Keep searching!" SinB who few meters away yell.

 

There's a car just enter the the basement parking lot, it suddenly stop. A head popped from the open window. It's Hyun.

"Yerin-ah what are you doing?" He ask Yerin who the closest range to him.

Yerin turn to see him, "Hyung-boo! Ah thanks God, you here. Quickly! Help us to find Sohyun."

"What?! What happened?" Hyun surprised.

"She crawling by herself, sneaked out from the dorm when the door open. C'mon! Quickly!" Yerin rushing.

Then Hyun quickly parked his car then join to search.

 

Then, at the same time the girls cellphone ring a message tone from their group chat..

Umji : [I just find from the CCTV, that Sohyun just got out from the parking lot, she crawl outside the building]

           [I'll check to the garden]

           [Quickly!]

           [Before she crawl on the street!]

Sowon : [OMG!]

Eunha : [Geon is awake. He crying want to help to search his sister]

Sowon : [NO!]

               [STAY!]

               [I can't loose my both children]

Yerin : [We'll find her, Unnie]

            [Calm down]

SinB : [Keep your sanity!]

 

They search outside the building, even check on every bushes, it's a mess.

Sojung searching while crying. Her voice cracks a lot. She panickely running while checking on everywhere, calling her baby girl's name desperatedly. Hyun see that and feel pain in his heart to see how fragile his wife can be at that time. It's totally different with her usual image, even more it's the opposite from how performed her special stages. On 'Gashina' and 'Hush', Sowon looked tough and intimidating. But now... she look nothing but a normal Mom that panic and desperate looking for her baby. It turn back his natural instinct to love and protect her, to embrace her and tell her that she doesn't need to be afraid, that they will find Sohyun immediately, that Sohyun is okay, that he want to confidently say that he will make sure everything is gonna be okay. But Hyun aware that he doesn't have that power. He doesn't have the ability to guarantee those. That he just ordinary man that have a lot of weakness and lack. At that moment, Hyun realize that he was did wrong to made fuss to his lovely wife. If he not angry to her before, they wouldn't have to deal with this matter now. They might be at home, happy and safe. Hyun feel so guilty.

 

"UNNIIEEEE!!! I FIND HER!" Yuju shout.

 

Everybodies dashing out to where Yuju at. She really find Sohyun. That baby is curled sleeping soundly while laying her head on a dog. That baby is become very dirty, she got a lot of dust, mud, and some other things, since she crawled to lot of places. The dog is dearly her, wipe some of the dirt. When they want to take her, the dog growling at them, seems trying to protect that baby. Fortunately the security men come and soothe the dog. Turns out the dog is belong to the security guards, the dog is also the guard of the building.

 

One of the guard take Sohyun from the dog guard then give the baby to her Mom, that hold her tight and pour her with kisses as soon as she accept it. The movements is waken Sohyun up. That baby start to cry, upset because her sleep got interrupted.

 

Sojung chuckle between her cry, "My baby. Sohyun-ah... you made Mommy really scared."

 

Then they back to the dorm. Sojung bath her baby. Then even before she able to dress her up properly, that baby crying loudly, but quickly calm down when her Mom feed her. Seems that baby is hungry. No wonder, Sohyun have been crawling so far and for quite long time, she must be tired, hungry, and thirsty.

So after the bath, Sojung quickly dry Sohyun using towel then just wrapped her baby in blanket to keep her warm. She feel Sohyun strongly and eagerly. It bring pain for the Mom actually, but it's better than lost her, so Sojung hold the pain, the gladness to have her baby back in her embrace is definitely multiple times better than the pain.

 

Hyun staring at his wife that finally look calm sitting on the couch, feeding their baby. He notice the grimace between her smile.

"Is she strongly?" Hyun ask while take a seat next to his wife. Sojung nod without turn to look at him.

"It hurts you, right?" He ask again.

This time Sojung turn to look at him, motherly smiling. "Yes. It's hurt indeed. But that's okay, I can hold the pain. It's way better than lost her. As long as they safe next to me, I'm willing to face anything. I will do anything for their best."

Hyun feel as if got a hard punch on his epigastrium, it makes him gasp out of breath, "Is it also to face me?"

"Yeah." Sojung honestly answer.

"You will forgive me and keep being my wife eventhough I'm immature and clingy?" He ask.

"Yeah." Sojung said again.

"Is it because I'm their Dad?" He ask childishly.

Sojung chuckle, "Yeah."

"Just for that reason?" He testing.

Sojung smile, then lean her head to his shoulder, "Also because I love you. And I know that your immature and clingy things to me is because you love me."

Hyun adjust his position, he shift his arms behind her wife's back, twine her slender body that somehow feel frail than she used to be. He pull her closer, make her lean comfortably and lay her head in the crook of his neck and shoulder.

"I'm sorry Sojung-ah. I brought troubles for you." He said in hoarsh.

"It's okay, I can hold it." Sojung said that makes Hyun feels like as if his heart being twisted.

"I'll be good to you more from now on. So please stay with me." He beg.

"Okay." She answer almost in whisper.

"Thank you. I love you Kim Sojung." Hyun said then peck his wife's crown head.

But there's no reply from Sojung, since she fell asleep.

 

She must be very exhausted...

 

Then after a while, after he sure that both his wife and his baby daughter already sleep tight, Hyun carefully lift them up at the same time by his arms. Carry them to lay them on Sowon's bed then tucked them on blanket. Then get out and close the door.

 

Then he face his cheojes.

"Girls, I'm sorry." He said.

"Saying sorry won't fix the problem." SinB savagely scold.

"I'll try my best to be more mature and wise to handle my silly jealousy." He said.

"GOOD!" Those 5 girls say at the same time.