Chapter 2 : Be Strong, We Love You

Ridicoulous Series's One Shots

It's been few days after Sojung's world seems fallen apart into pieces. Her beloved Daddy passed away. Eventhough Sojung and her family love him so much and wish that he could stay by their side, but seems God love him more, that's why He called him back to His side. Sojung and her family have faith for that, but still... as normal human being they can't help to be sad for being left out. TT

 

Hyun aware and understand of his wife's feel right now, since his parent also already left him at the same time (*Ridicoulous Promise first part, chapter 27). He feel really sad too. His father in-law is a very kind person that he loves and respect very much. They had good relationship. His father in-law used to adore him since the very beginning Hyun tried to approach Sojung years ago. Mr. Kim doesn't has son, so Hyun had been treated as his own son, so Hyun also feeling the lost. But now... seeing his beloved wife looking so miserable and drown deeply into her sadness is even more hurt him. He want to encourage her. He know indeed that it's hard, it takes time, but he really wish that Sojung will get up and move on her life quickly. He know and believe that his wife is a strong and tough woman. It really broke him down seeing her become lifeless and just curled up in a dim corner of their room for days. Doing nothing than deeply crying in grief, eat nothing, no bother to drink, she even not sleep instead fainted over and over again. Her slim body becomes thinner. her face is more gaunt and pale. her lips were dry and trembling. It feel really bad seeing her that way.

 

 

"Honey... eat some. Please..." for the upteenth times Hyun begged to his wife, but she keep on reject.

"Have a drink at least. Please..." he plead again. But Sojung shake his head.

 

"Mommy~... stop crying." Little Geon also pleading with teary eyes.

Sowon pull her toddler son's body closed to her, drown her face onto his belly, then sobs harder than before. Her body is trembeling hard. So Geon sensitively wrapped his arms on his mother's head, and laid his head on it, trying his best to soothing his Mom.

 

Suddenly there's sounds of Sohyun's crying. Their baby girl seems also feel how sad her Mommy at that time. Hyun quickly get up to get his baby. He take her up from her cradle in the baby bed room right next to their room. Then he take that baby girl to her Mom.

"Honey, Sohyun needs you." he ask.

Sowon let go her son then reach out her hands for her baby girl. Hyun give it to her, then Sojung embrace her, trying to soothing by feeding. Sohyun instantly calm down.

 

After a while...

Both Sojung and Sohyun fell asleep. So Hyun decide to wrapped his arms on them then carefully carry them up at once and gently lay them on the bed. His heart as if twisted by looking the pathetic view of his wife and daughter right in front of his eyes in that such condition.

Hyun's tears almost drop, when suddenly he feel there a small but concern hand of his son get hold on his.

"Daddy... is Mommy gonna be okay?" That toddler ask in sorrow.

"Eung... Mommy gonna be okay. Let's give her time. Okay, Son?" Hyun said.

"Okay. But I miss Mommy's smile so much."

"Me too, Son."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs. Kim, Sojung's Mom came to see her daughter. She surprised to see how down her daughter could be. She expect that her youngest daughter is a tough person who supposed to be able to move on, not even drown into sorrow terribely like that. She scold Sojung and tell her to get up and move on. Reminding her that she has husband and children also group members that need to take care of. She shouldn't grieving that bad, since her Daddy already rest in peace. It makes Sojung crying and wailling so bad. Later on, Mrs. Kim leave her, 'till very last keep showing that she upset on how 'weak' her daughter is, eventhough behind Sojung's back Mrs. Kim burst to cry sadly and begged to her son in-law to patiently taking care and support Sojung, helping her to overcome her grieve.

"Lee-Seobang, be patient to Sojung. She used to very close with her Daddy, that's why she drown deeply into her sadness. Please help Sojung to get up." Mrs. Kim ask.

"Yes, I know that very well, Eomoni. I'll do my best to support her." Hyun trying to reassure.

 

The same thing goes to Gfriend members. Yerin, Eunha, Yuju, SinB, and Umji also trying their best to soothing and support their Leader-Unnie to be able to get up and move on. Tell her that they have schedules to fulfill, that they need her back to lead them. But Sojung seems drown too deep into her grieve, instead she ask them to give her some more time. The girls are actually don't mind to give her times to heal, as long as Sowon surely will comeback as the way shr used to be. But after see how bad Sowon grieving, it makes them worry and insecure.

"Hyung-boo, please help Unnie." The girls beg to Hyun.

"Girls, I already try my best. Geon too. He also tried his best. Even her Mom also tried. But Sojung is down too deep... it's hard to get up." Hyun sigh deeply.

"Keep trying, Hyung-boo. We also gonna keep check on her." The girls said.

"Unnie need to get distracted from her grieve. She need to do something. Don't let her alone in silence, not doing anything... we need give her works. She need to think about anything else but her lost."

"Uhmmm... yeah, you are right. We need to force her to do something..."

 

 

 

 

Late at night....

Hyun just finished checked on his works and enter their bed room, when he find his wife awake, sitting on their bed, crying --- again --- while lean her face on her knee, while her arms wrapping her curled legs. Suddenly Hyun burst in anger. He no longer can hold her upset of his wife inabillity-to-move-on-yet.

All of sudden, Hyun pounced his wife and pinned her down on bed. Mercilessly smooching his wife. With his manly strength, he easily ignore her attempts to against him.

 

"Stop it! Let me go!" Sojung wailing. Struggling to get out of his grip.

 

But she is in very weak condition. It's useless to rebel. Hyun is lustfully devoured her. Let go all his emotion, anger, also his yearn for his wife that pent up for too long. He pissed off. He need for Sojung to get up and move on. He tired seeing her broke down for too long. He miss his dignify and dependable wife. He miss her scold. He miss her bossy. He miss her eye sparks. He miss her smile. He miss her laugh. He miss her touch. He miss her very much. Eventhough literally Sojung is stay at home these days, and Hyun actually can see her anytime, but Sojung as if lost her ability to proper socialized, she just lock herself inside a fortress that she build by herself, keep away herself from the world, it makes everything feel so hard.

 

Hyun harshly tear up the top of Sowon's pyjamas, revealing almost all her bare shoulder and chest parts. Sowon shriek in fear. But Hyun ignore then devour her even more.

 

"Stop it! Oppa, please..." Sojung pleading.

Hyun stop, then lift his face up to glare at his wife. "Why I have to stop? I'm having my own wife. Is that a fault?" He challenge her.

"Don't do this to me... not now..." Sojung keep begging with tears streaming swiftly.

"So when you gonna let me?!" Hyun raised his tone upsetly.

"..." Sowon just sobbing.

Hyun sigh, "Look at me!" Hyun cupped Sojung's face in one hand and force her to look at him, while his other hand is still gripping both Sowon's hands stay above her head.

"I need you! I miss my wife. Do you ever thought about me lately? Do you even care about me? Do you ever thought about anything else but yourself and your grieve? Not just you who sad for left by Dad. Not just you who having hard time." He furiously ask.

"..." Sowon just keep sobbing.

 

Hyun clenching her teeth, upset on how passive his wife's respond. Then he just harshly smooch his wife again.

 

"Stop it! Oppa, please... let me go! Don't do this to me... please... leave me alone. I need times..." Sojung pleading desperatedly.

"NO! YOU STOP IT! Stop drowning yourself on your grieving! It's already too much.  It's already too long. You give us --- not just me, but also our children, family, GFriend members, friends, people around us --- very hard time. You hear me?! You give us sadness that worst than loosing Dad!" Hyun scold harshly. It makes Sojung gawk in shock.

"Listen, Honey... Dad is really gone. But don't you think, it's better that he no longer in pain. He rest in peace in God's embrace. How great is that, right?... so now, enough the grieve! You are still alive. You need to move on. You have lot of responsibillity to handle. There're lot of people who need you. Me, Geon, Sohyun... because you barely eat anything, you might end up couldn't feeding her. Sohyun is just few months old baby, she need her nutrition to grow up healthy and properly. It's silly if you abandoning her like that..."

"I am not abandoning Sohyun!" Sojung harshly object.

"Do you aware what you did these days... how many time you.. at least... see Sohyun? When your last time feed her? When the last time you change her diaper? When the last time you check on Geon's need? Do you know that he having a fever right now? He miss his Mom!"

"Geon?... he having a fever?" Sowon can't hide her surprise.

Hyun chuckle bitterly, "See... you don't know that. Don't you hear he called for you? Begged you to hug him? Or at least look into his eyes and listen to what he said? I guess you just too busy with your grief, so you couldn't hear we called for you... you just care about yourself. About how miserable you are... anyone else are not as important as yourself. Right?"

 

Sowon sobbing. She try to escape from her husband's tight grip, but Hyun not loosen for a bit. He doesn't finished yet.

 

"Also... your Mom and your Unnie. They are just like you, as the left by. Don't you think they also having hard time, sad, and need support? But you know what... they already get up and move on. They have faith that there's nothing to worry about your Dad anymore, since he already rest in peace in God's hand. That faith become their strenght to move on their life. How about you? Don't you have your good faith? Are your mind is just filled up with negative thinking?" Hyun said cynically. It makes Sowon even more wailing. Feeling guilty.

"Then, your members. They need you also. But you keep let them struggling by themself when you are the person in charge that supposed to lead them. Where's your leader-dignity that you used to proud of? Are you doesn't have it anymore? Are you gonna keep Buddy worrying you? They sincerely care about you. Are you gonna ignore them too?... geez... what a wonderful idol you are..." Hyun sarcastically sneer.

Hyun sigh, "We all love you very much. But you seems just love yourself and ignore how much we care about you... you let us worry about you for too long..."

 

Then suddenly there's sounds of Sohyun's crying. Hyun quickly aware. Then she let his grip off of his wife, then get up and rushing get out from the room to go to Sohyun's room, not too long, Sohyun's cry is not sounds anymore. Sign that Hyun able to calm that baby down.

Sojung curled on the bed. Crying. Having contemplation, that bring her to feeling guilty. Hyun's words keep banging on her head and her heart, it hurt her. Then without she realize, she fall asleep. Too tired.

 

 

 

 

In the morning...

Sojung wake up with so much puffy eyes. She's alone on the bed, Hyun is nowhere on the room. Sojung decide to get up. The first thing that she remind is about Geon having fever, so she decide to go to her son's room that right across her room.

In Geon's room, she find not just her son, but also her husband and their baby girl. Geon and Sohyun on the bed, while Hyun is sitting on the floor with head lean to the bed.

 

Oh my God... what have I done? The three of them look miserable.

Geon is having fever. Sohyun, ouwh~... my baby, did you got your proper meal? She just few months old.

And Oppa... he look tired, messy, and lost weight.

Did I neglected them?...

How bad I am...

What kind of wife/mother I am?...

Sowon thought.

 

Then she carefully touch Geon's forehead. Yes, he having fever. Sowon decide to put a wet cold towel on her son's forehead, trying to reduce the fever. Sohyun is awaken. That baby girl about to cry, she making a face, so Sowon quickly take her up and console her.

"Hi, baby... it's Mommy. Sorry for left you too long, Sohyun-ie... but don't worry, Mommy is okay now. Mommy will take care of you." Then Sowon bring her baby to her room to change her diaper. Then feeding her. Sohyun excitingly, seems very hungry. After got enough meal, that baby fell asleep, so Sowon put her on her cradle. Then she back to Geon's room, redamp the towel on cold water then put it back again on his forehead.

 

After took a cold bath that fresh her up, Sowon change her pyjamas into shirt and hot pants. She drying her wet hair that she got after wash them in cold water too, then brush it neatly, then set it into casual messy bun. She look her reflection on the mirror. Her eyes still a bit puffy eventhough she already try to put ice on it, but fortunately it's not too bad. Then she put thin BB cream and lipgloss. For the last, she form a smile on her face.

 

Sojung-ah, enough the grief! Now get up and move on! Everybody waiting for you to come back. Don't let them down too long.

You are strong. You'll be fine. You are Mr. Kim's daughter, right?

Daddy might dissapoint if I'm down too long. If he's still alive, he must be scold me for abandoning so many people that care about me.

Sojung-ah fighting!

She encourage herself.

 

She back to refresh the towel on Geon's forehead. Then she go to the kitchen. Her appeareance surprising her house maids.

"Madam, are you okay? Do you need something?" They ask in concern.

Sowon smiling, "Yeah, I'm fine now. I'm really sorry for being ignorance in such long time."

"Ouwh... that's okay. Don't mind, Madam, take your time. But we are so glad that you are fine now. Master Hyun and the children who suffer the most. They really miss and need you. Thank goodness you are recovered now. They must be very happy." Mrs. Jang the senior house maid is shedding tears, but there's glad smile on her face.

Sowon smile and has teary eyes too. Feel so touched on how much they care and concern.

"Okay... enough for the tears!" Sowon shout cheerfully while wiping her own tears away, "Now... why don't you help me make wonderful breakfast for Oppa and Geon. And of course for me also, I need to eat a lot to provide enough meal for Sohyun. She almost had not enough when I feed her an hour ago... I need to give her better later."

"Ah... don't worry, we'll take care of that. What menu do you want, Madam?"

Then Sowon tell them what she want, then she even help to cook. They work together while joking with each other. Laughter can be heard again on that kitchen after these past few days.

 

 

 

Sowon check on her son's condition, the fever is reduce, she sigh gladly. But she decide that she better put the wet cold towel again. So she refresh the towel. But when she about to put it back on Geon's forehead, her son awake.

"Mommy... is this really you?" He ask innocently.

Sowon feel as if her heart being twisted by heard that, but then she successfully put a smile, "Yes, baby, it's Mommy. I'm sorry for took too long."

Geon get up to give a tight hug to his Mommy, "I miss you, Mommy. It's weird that I actually see you everyday on your room but it's like you've gone, and it felt soooo long." he blabbering.

Again, Sowon feel as if her heart being twisted by heard that, "Mommy is back now." She assuring.

"Yeaay!!" Geon happy respond.

"Now, can you be smart boy, go wash your face and brush your teeth?" Sowon ask and Geon nod. "Mommy have to waking up your Daddy."

"Okay, Mommy." Geon peck his Mommy's cheek then obidiently go to the bath room.

 

Sowon looking at her husband that still sleeping, and having thought :

Huft~... his back and neck must be sore for sleeping in that position all night.

Poor Hyun Oppa~... TT

 

Sowon gently pat her husband's arm and call him, "Oppa... wake up. It's morning already."

Hyun's eyelid wriggling a bit, he sigh heavily. So Sowon repeat her action before, adding action caressing his head dearly. Hyun open his eyes. He seems disbelief his sight at that moment. He frown.

Sowon chuckle, "It's really me. You are not dreaming. Wake up!"

Hyun straight his back, there's few cracking sound from his back, he groan and grimace.

Sowon laugh, "Aigoo... you seems getting older now. Do you even go for gym lately?" she mocking.

"I am not. Don't have time for gym... since my wife coudn't be disturbed lately, so I have to took care of my children." He teasing.

"Ouwh~... I'm so sorry to hear that. But now, since your wife is willing to be disturbed, you should go for gym again. Because your wife don't want to loss the sight of packs on your body. Okay?" Sowon tease back.

Hyun laugh, "Okay. No problem. That's easy. Do you have another desire to be seen on my body?"

Sowon blushing, speechless, he nervously gulp, "Just get up now, then go prepare for your work, or you might be late." she try to change the topic.

Hyun laugh louder, but he obidiently get up then walk to the door.

"Oh yeah, don't forget to shave your beard, Ahjussi!!' Sowon shout.

Hyun stop, then turn around to face his wife again, "Why? You don't like it? You said you love masculin man..."

Sowon blushing again, "That's why... I don't want to head over heels on you. Just shave it!"

There's a naughty smirk plastered on Hyun's face, then he walk back closer to Sojung.

"Stop! Why you coming closer to me with that disgusting smirk?" Sowon nervously scold.

But Hyun's smirk is getting wider. Before Sojung make her way to runaway, he already make a quick move to twine her waist and pull her close to him in manly way, then successfully steal a kiss on her lips that makes Sojung a bit gasped. Then he by rubbing his beard onto her cheek, that makes Sojung shriek and furiously hit her fist on his chest and struggling to push him away.

"Euwww~~... stop it!"

Hyun laugh, he stop rubbing his beard on her, but then instead of let her go he kiss her again. A deep passionately kiss. As they end their kiss, both of them a bit panting.

"I'm so glad you finally comeback like you used to be. I miss you so much, Sojung-ah." Hyun said in so much emotion.

"I'm sorry for took too long... thank you for patiently wait for me and taken care of everything when I lost my mind. I'm sorry for gave you hard time." Sowon said sincerelly as she cupped her husband's face and touching their forhead to each other.

"Don't push me away ever again, Honey... just let me help you. Don't ever enjoying your bad times alone. You have me. So please lean on me. I'm here for you, don't you forget that." Hyun begging.

Sojung nod, "I love you, Oppa." Then she peck his lips.

"I love you more." Hyun peck her lips too. Then he pull her deeper into his embrace.

 

 

Later...

That morning, their family have a happy breakfast. Everybody in that house also back to happy mode. The Madam's mood seems to be the main factor that have an effect on the atmosphere of the house and the rest.

 

 

 

After Hyun left for work, Sowon bring her children to visit her Mom and Unnie. They glad Sojung is overcome her grief. They having a happy lunch together.

 

After that, Sowon plan to bring her children to visit her group members. She get to the dorm with bags of groceries. She put apron then busy cooking something on the kitchen while keep her eye on her children who play by themself not too far from her.

 

 

 

Few hours later, Yerin, Eunha, Yuju, SinB, and Umji noisily enter their dorm.

"Hey! I smell something delicious...." Yerin's shout turn them to silent, then they start to sniffing.

"Uhm.. yeah... I smell something too. It's seems.... meat smell!" Eunha said.

 

A familiar face show up from the kitchen door, "Dinner is ready! Girls are you hungry?"

"Unniiiieeeee.....!!!" The girls rushing to her to give her a group hug. "Unnie, you finally back. We miss you so much. We're so worry about you..."

"I'm sorry I took too long. But now I'm ready to move on." Sowon reassuring.

"Owh.. we're really happy to hear that. We need you."

"Yerin Unnie was often missed to lead." SinB tell.

"YAH! It's you who made troubles!' Yerin protest.

"No, I'm not. Sowon Unnie was fine all this time. It's you who incapable. You lack of capability to assuring and securing." SinB savagely sneer.

"YOU-..." Yerin reach out her her hand about to pinch SinB's cheek, but the younger girl successfully dodge then runaway while laugh mockingly. Then those two beagles start to chase-hunt moment all over the dorm.

 

"We had hard time also for waken up Eunha." Yuju tell.

"YAH! Choi Yuna, it's because of you! If you just could slept without made weird noise every night, then I won't lack of sleep." Eunha protest.

Then those roommate start glaring at each other and bickering, no one of them willing to give in. Sowon laugh.

 

"Sowon Unnie, I'm glad you finally recovered. I miss you so much. It feel so good and secure having you around." Maknae Umji encircle her arms on Sowon's slim waist, hug her oldest-unnie and snuggle to her, Sowon hug her back and peck Umji's head dearly.

"Yeah, I miss you too."

 

"SINB-AAAHHH!!!" Yerin roaring while keep chasing SinB all over the dorm and throw pillows or plush toy --- that she manage to swoop from the couch or anywhere --- to her 'prey', but indeed their main dancer is got her position because her wonderful talent for moving her body, SinB easily dodge all the stuffs that Yerin threw to her, while her signature Hyena-laughing sound more and more loud that upseting Yerin even more from time to time.

Then suddenly Sohyun's sound of crying can be heard. That baby girl seems startled by Yerin's roar and also by all the noisy sound of her aunties.

"KIDS! SHUT UP! You better calm yourself down RIGHT NOW!! You awaken my babies!!" Sowon yell upsetly, make them turn to quiet as soon as they hear it.

 

But then...

"Your babies?!... they're here?! GYAAAAAAAA!!! Geon-aaahhh!! Sohyun-aaaahhh!!! Let's play with aunties!!"

 

Later, they having a happy dinner together.

 

===========

A.N :

Inspired when I read the news that GFriend Sowon's father passed away.

I'm worry about her...

Sojung-ah, be strong. Buddy love you!♡