Chapter 15 : Because I'm Your Oppa (Part 4)

Ridicoulous Series's One Shots

[Time approximately on first night, pass midnight, after the kidnapping. At Lee family's residence]

GFriend members are have been there right after they heard the news yesterday. They all gather there to support Sojung and Hyun. Also to keep in track the update about their missing nephew and niece. They don't wanna miss every single thing. Fortunately they have no performing or filming schedules, they just skipped their practise schedule, afterall they got permitted from the company because this particular circumstances.

Everybody are restless. They anxiously keep on waiting the news update from police. Good news of course. Nobody wish nor ready for bad news afterall...

 

 

*Yerin POV

I gently caressing Sojung Unnie's head that snuggling on the croock of my neck, letting Sojung Unnie's head to rest on my shoulder. I've been hearing her continuesly crying since we heard about the news, it just stop when ever she fainted. That fact is broken my heart. I really can't choose where the better one is... between hearing Unnie's sobbing and seeing her unstoppable tears that keep on streaming out from her eyes, that make her weaker and weaker along the time, or... not hear it for a while it just because she fainted and then we have to calm her down everytime Unnie awaken then wailing looking for her babies. Both are hurtful. I hate both options. Nothing's better. But I want to be with her and to take care of her, trying to calm as best as I can, while I actually also really sad and worry about my nephew and niece whereabout right now. I wish they are okay and get back as soon as possible in healthy and good condition.

 

Dear God.

It's fine if You take all the rest of Your grace for me for the rest of my life, as long as You grant my prayers this time... please take care of my nephew and niece, allow them to return home safely, regather the family of Sojung Unnie and bless them forever.

I silently send my prayers.

 

"Yerin-ah~..."

 

I slightly jolted by that whispering-call, "Yes, Unnie? Do you need something?"

Sojung lift her chin to look at me. "I need you to do something..."

"What is it, Unnie?"

"Go back to dorm and bring the rest of members with you. It's been pretty late at night. You should get some rest. We have schedule early morning tomorrow. I'm sorry, but I won't be able to join, not until I get my babies back. So you should be the one who in charge to being my vice as a leader."

I sigh, "Let we stay here with you and Hyung-boo. Afterall we won't be able to rest eventhough we back to dorm. We won't able to stop to worrying and thinking about Geon and Sohyun. They are our beloved nephew and niece. Don't underestimate us. We love them as much as you do, Unnie... So, let's be each other supporters. We all need it afterall..."

I can feel that Sowon Unnie is tightening her hug on my waist, "Actually... I want you all to stay here with me. But..."

I quickly interrupt her sentence, stop her to say the words that I thought a dignity leader would say, "You don't have to be a Leader all the time, Unnie... it's okay to being normal human being." I lowering my face to peek at Sojung Unnie's face and gently caress her cheek, "Don't worry, I accept the task you gave me. I'll wear your 'Leader-Badge' as long as you need it. You don't need to worry about our group. We'll fine. Also feel free to lean to us as your dongsaengs. For your remind, we also willing to do whatever it takes to help you."

Sowon nod, "Thanks."

"Eung, don't mention it. Be strong, Unnie. I'm sure Geon and Sohyun are gonna get home soon." I can hear my own voice that trying to soothe her, but even for myself, I sound flat.

 

Damn Jung Yerin!

Was that the best thing you can say to her?

What a lousy....

I want to slap my own mouth, at situation like this, I should at least put my best 'acting' to comfort Unnie instead terrible support that I said to her just now that might sad her even more.

 

But then I hear her saying....

"Yeah... I shouldn't doubting your love to my babies. I'm sorry Yerin-ah. Geon and Sohyun are so lucky to have you all as their aunties."

I feel 'thorny lump' in my throat is getting bigger, urge me to wailing, but I know I shouldn't do that. It will make everything messier and become burden for Sojung Unnie and Hyung-boo, I shouldn't be that bad. So I try my best to gulp down 'the thorny lump' and just hug Unnie tighter than before.

 

Gosh...

Jung Yerin, be strong! Don't be such a cry-baby! At least this time... Unnie need me to be stronger than she is right now.

I made my mind.

*end of Yerin POV

 

 

*Eunha POV

I don't know what to do. I want to help, but what can I do?...

Huft~.. this is upset me. The fact that I can't do something to help to get back my cuties, Geon and Sohyun, nor at least ease the pain and sadness that Sojung Unnie and Hyung-boo have right now. How can I ease their pain when I even can't handle my own sadness and worriedness?

Sojung Unnie look gradually calm down in Yerin Unnie's embrace. I'm glad. I have to admit that despite of Yerin Unnie's 'bad touchy' habbit, she indeed hugable. Also... I know very well how their bond to each other. You can't underestimate the power of been '(around about) 7 years of roommate' quality bond is. I'm aware that among our members group, Sojung Unnie only able to 'a bit' letting herself to lean on to Yerin Unnie rather than to other members. Perhaps the close age of them is also the supporting factor that make that possible to happen.

But I'm close with Sojung Unnie too!

I almost always next to her, on her left side. Thanks to our group basic order of line up, that Sojung Unnie almost always on the very right side, then me, then Yerin Unnie, SinB, Umji, and the very left side is Yuju. We also one of the popular ship in GFriend, WonHa, I'm confident that every Buddy know about it.

Huft~...

But now, what am I doing? Sitting here far from her...

I should claim my 'spot' next to her!

Yup!

That's I should do from before. What a stupid Jung Eunbi!

*end of Eunha POV

 

 

*Author POV

Eunha then get up and go closer to sit next to Sojung and join to hug her along with Yerin.

"Be strong and have faith, Sojung Unnie. Geon and Sohyun will come back soon safe and sound. They are good kids, so God must be love them so much and take care of them. I'm sure!" Eunha said in soothing sound.

No matter how sad Sojung is, but she just can't help herself to smile at how sweet, cute, and innocent also naive of Eunha says just now. She can feel how honest and sincere Eunha's concern and love to her and her babies. It bring heartwarming that increase her faith that what Eunha said is true. It somehow makes her feel a bit better.

 

While few meters away, Yuju and SinB are seriously concentrating on watching those multiple CCTV monitors from yesterday record, those from several CCTV spots that suspected by the police as a hiding area of the kidnapper. Police trying to track the direction of the kidnappers 'escape based on the order in which the kidnappers' cars were first ascertained from the Sohyun's Day Care CCTV then continued with CCTV along the road.

*End of Author POV

 

 

 

*Yuju POV

Eugh~...

I actually also want to support Sojung Unnie's mentally like Yerin Unnie and Eunha doing. But too many people surround her maybe gonna stuffy and won't be comfortable. So I guess... I better stay here and helping by using my strength, my sanity, my eyes, and my brain. At least, I still can give some of contribution for helping. I don't want to be useless. I wanna do something to get back my nephew and niece.

Gosh... I wish Geon and Sohyun will get back soon, safe and sound.

Yuna-yah... focus! Consentrate! Keep on your eyes on to those monitors and find something usefull!

*end of Yuju POV

 

 

*SinB POV

Yerin Unnie and Eunha Unnie seems doing good on calming Sojung Unnie. Sojung Unnie finally calm down after constantly wailing since we heard the bad news this evening. Or... is it because she strenghtless and have nothing more energy to wail? Huft...

 

I shift my sight at Hyung-boo.

He's not in better condition than Sojung Unnie. He look tired as well. He might not wailing like Sojung Unnie did, but I'm sure he also in very hard time as hard as Sojung Unnie's, he just not express it as much as Sojung Unnie did. Maybe I should try to help him,

 

I shift to get closer to Hyung-boo's side...

"Is there any chance that this is a threat from any of your collegues or competitors, Hyung-boo? Pretty much the same like what happened to Sojung Unnie years ago (* Ridiculous Promise begining story)?"

"I already thought about it. And checked about that. But until now, we just know what their demand is about money. And it's not too much actually... so I guess, they just criminals without other motives such as bussiness matters. But it makes me more worry actually..." Hyun said.

"Why?"

"Without other motives, it means the have no other purposes. They got nothing to lose. If they got no money, it easy for them to hurt my children. They won't care. That's what I afraid of."

 

I don't know how to respond that...

The imagination of what Hyung-boo said is scared me to death...

My nephew... my niece... Geon... Sohyun..

They are still so young...

How this aweful thing could happening to them?

 

 

I gulped my saliva with effort, "We gonna find them soon, Hyung-boo. I have good feeling that they are okay. Geon and Sohyun are healthy, strong, energetic, and smart kids. They're fine." I said it while gently tap Hyung-boo's shoulder, trying to transfer my energy to him.

Hyung-boo just show me a thin smile and nod.

Then we back to watching those monitors along with Yuju Unnie, Minhyuk Oppa (*the police officer, friend of Hyun who helping to find Sojung when she got kidnapped. Remember Ridiculous Promise the beginning story), and other policemen.

*end of SinB POV

 

 

 

*Umji POV

I can see clearly that Yerin Unnie is trying to be strong for Sojung Unnie right now. Even though Yerin Unnie is our group 'official Cry Baby'  she suppressing herself from cry as best as she can to comforting Sojung Unnie. Then me... what am I supposed to do to help?

 

I decide to sit alone in the corner trying to slightly apart from everyone. For me... I rather become nothing than become nuisance. But then I keep on fidgeting. Feeling insecure. Worry.

 

I can't calm down. I have to do something.

Anything...

 

Then I get up and wandering. I end up at the kitchen. I find Hyung-boo's servants gather there. But they fell asleep while they sitting on their seats. Just Mrs. Jang, the senior maid and chef of Lee's family that serving fo years, she's the one who still awake. That old lady is standing while leaning onto the door frame, staring outside, that's why she doesn't aware when I enter the kitchen.

 

I purposely clear my throat to catch atrention. And it works. Mrs. Jang turn to look at me.

"Oh.. Miss Maknae (that's how she used to call me)..." while quickly wiping her eyes.

"Mrs. Jang, were you cried?"

"(Sigh) I couldn't help it... I'm so worry about Geon and Sohyun, also to Master Hyun and Mrs. Sojung."

"Yes. Me too, Mrs. Jang."

"I love them very much... as if they are my own children and grandchildren."

"They are, Mrs. Jang. I'm sure they also love you as their family."

Mrs. Jang smiling while her eyes are glassing, about to cry, so I caressing her shoulder to calm her down.

"Ah.. (sniff) do you need something Miss Maknae?"

"I can't stop fidgeting and anxious. I'm sure everybody here also feeling the same. So, I have an idea to make warm tea for everybody, to calm us down."

"Oh.. that's great idea. How could I missed that? Let me make it."

"Can I help?"

Mrs. Jang motherly smiling, "Yes, please."

So then we start to make the tea.

*end of Umji POV

 

 

 

*Author POV

Not too long Umji back into the living room, bringing a pot and cups of tea, while Mrs. Jang bringing some snacks. They put it all on the table. Then Umji bring 5 cups of tea to the CCTV monitors section for Hyun, Yuju, SinB, Minhyuk, and the other policeman who operating. While Mrs. Jang preparing the other cups of tea for Sojung, Yerin, and Eunha who on the couch.

"Have a tea Madam, misses... this is Miss Maknae's idea to maintain your stamina. A bit of sugar and warm tea will be good for you." Mrs. Jang say.

"Thank you Mrs. Jang, we'll drink it well." Eunha politely say.

Mrs. Jang about to back to the kitchen when Sojung stop her for a while, "Thank you Mrs. Jang. You should go to sleep. It's already late at night. Please tell to the others too. You all must be tired after all your works. Today is tough day. You don't have to suffer along with me."

"Me and everybodies who works here are loves Geon and Sohyun too, Madam. We worry about them too." Mrs. Jang carefully say.

Sojung taken aback, "I'm sorry.. please don't be offended. I didn't mean to underestimate your concern to my children... I-..." she chocked, her tears streaming on her cheek again, "Thank you. It means a lot for me. So many people love my children and hoping the best for them. Thank you... very very much." then Sojung suddenly get up, release herself from Yerim and Eunha's warm embrace to hug Mrs. Jang and they crying together and it brings tears to the girls also.

 

 

 

Few hours later...

The sun already rised moments ago and the sky is bright when Yuju awake. She rubbing her sleepy eyes. Yawn. Streatching her body, releasing the sore on her body, then spread her sight on her surrounding. The first to be detected is SinB who still sleeping next to her, in fact her head is on Yuju's lap, while her legs is sprawling out of the couch arm rest where they are laying right now, dangling aimlessly. The policeman who operating the CCTV monitors alredy shift to other person. While Minhyuk Oppa nowhere near to be found. Maybe he sleeping in other room, or maybe went to head quarter, or maybe just on somewhere in this house, having coffee and discussing with Hyung-boo, because Yuju also can't find her brother in-law in this hall. On the other side she find Yerin and Eunha are still sleeping, or to be exact they are cuddling on the couch, where they supposed to be comforting Sojung.

 

Tsk... those cuties are indeed sleepyhead.

They completely lost their mission to comforting and take good care of Sojung Unnie once they fell asleep.

Yuju thought while smirking at them.

 

Yuju shift her sight to the other side to find that Sojung is standing near the open window, looking outside. Look serious, sad, and tired. Just by looking her face, Yuju somehow unconsciously trying to estimate the humongous pain that Sowon might feel in her heart right now. Her yearning for her children to comeback to her warm and safe embrace as soon as possible. Yuju is mesmerised by the view of how Sowon's beautiful long hair near her ear is softly waving by the wind, Yuju admit that her oldest Unnie indeed gorgeous, Yuju know that fact since she know Sojung from the beginning, but her visual at that time looks too dreamy, while Sojung's sad face even support the elegant feel of it. But then Yuju snapped back into reality when she look that Maknae Umji is right next to Sojung, side hugging, wrapping her arms on Sojung's waist, seems doing her best to comforting their Leader-Unnie. They talking to each other, Yuju can assume it by how their lips moving while they are talking, but she can't hear any word from her current position, since it too far away, but when Yuju see tears streaming out from the corner of Sojung's eye, glistening by the sunshine, eventhough it's beautiful view but at the same time also breaking Yuju's heart by seeing it. The fragile side of Sowon at that moment is hard to accept, opposite from Sowon's charms as their group leader that used to be dignity, thoughtful but indisputable, resolute but also motherly, and fortitude, refering that she must be having hard time to make 5 hyper beagles to follow her lead 

 

 

"Unnie, be strong. Don't lose your hope. Geon and Sohyun will back safely." Umji soothing while tightening her hug on her leader-unnie.

"(Sob) I can't help to imagining that my babies are having hard time like happened to me years ago. (Sobbing and wipe her tears) I have to find them and get them back as soon as possible. (Sobbing and clench her teeth) and if I happen to meet those kidnappers I will definitely smack them." Sowon sternly said her last sentence.

"Oh..  you scary, Unnie..." Umji said with timid wincing.

Sowon low her face to look at Umji. She can't hold to chuckle when she look at the terrifying look that Umji has at that time.

"Oh... I'm so glad to see your smile, Unnie."

"Maknae-ah... thank you to make me feel better." Sowon said then hugging back the younger girl.

 

 

 

 

 

 

To be continued...