Chapter 12 : Because I'm Your Oppa (Part 1)

Ridicoulous Series's One Shots

The setting time is around 9 years of Hyun & Sojung's marriage life. So it makes Geon about 8 years old, already on his second year of Primary School, while Sohyun is around 4 years old toddler.

 

====================

 

"Sohyun-ah, c'mon!" Geon reach out his arm and offer his hand to his younger sister.

"Wait up, Oppa, my shoelace is untied..." Sohyun said while kneeling to fix her sholace.

Geon looking at his sister who fumbling with her sholace.

"Tsk... babies..." Geon scoffs then walk closer to her then join to kneel, "What take you too long. Let Oppa fix it for you." Then he take over the sholace from Sohyun's hands, then agily tied it up for her.

Sohyun grinning, "Wow! Geon Oppa is so cool. You fixed it so fast." She cheerfully compliment.

Geon stand up and feel like his body so light, he feel good to hear Sohyun compliment, "It's a piece of cake. I'm an Oppa, remember?"

Sohyun chuckle, "Eung, my Oppa indeed awesome." She said happily.

And it makes Geon feel even more proud.

 

"C'mon!" Geon once again offering his hand.

This time Sohyun quickly grab it. Then Geon pull her to stand up then they walk hand in hand.

 

"Where we gonna go, Oppa? Are we gonna go home? I want to go home. I miss Mom and Dad and GFriend Imos. Can we go home now?" Sohyun babbling.

"Okay... okay... I hear you. Oppa want to go home too. That's why we need to be quickly. You don't want those bad ahjussis catch us and bring us back to that dark place, right?" Geon trying to persuade 

"No~... that dark place was scary. Also those ahjussis are scary. I wanna go home. I want Mommy. I'm hungry." Sohyun keep on whining.

 

Then from afar Geon notice a familiar big black car just make turn ti his direction...

"Oops! Hide!" Geon suddenly turn to the right, about to enter a small alley near them and pull Sohyun along. Unfortunately Sohyun is not agile enough to follow his quick movement. That toddler fall on the rough aspalt.

 

"Ouch!" Sohyun groan.

"Tsk!" Geon can't hold himself to upset. But he quickly scoop his baby sister and bring her to the narrow alley that he about to go.

"Oppa, it's hurt~~..." Sohyun whine. She has tears building up and ready to let it go at the nearest time.

"Oh...No, don't cry. Not now! Not now, Sohyun-ah, we have to hide now. Or those bad ahjussis might will find us and take us back, so we won't able to get home. You don't want that happen, right?"

Sohyun shake her head, while her tears already streaming down from her eyes, her chin and bellow lip are trembling.

"So be quite, okay?!" Geon command.

Sohyun nod, "But it's hurt. My knee is hurt."

Geon look at Sohyun's knee, there's scratches and bleed a bit, no wonder that toddler feels hurt and crying. Geon feel so guilty and sad. He force himself to gulp down 'the lump in his throat', he sit on the dirty floor then pull his little sister to sit on his lap, facing him, "Just hug Oppa! Don't make any sound! We have to hide, so then we can go home to see Mommy and Daddy. Oppa will allow you to cry as much as you want once later we finally at home. Okay?"

Sohyun nod. She sobbing quietly then wrap her arms on her Oppa's body and drown her face on Geon's chest. While Geon also wrapped her tight and rubbing her back, soothing.

 

 

After a while...

Geon hear there's no more sobs from Sohyun, she finally calm down. Geon keep watching the road, then he look a familiar big black car passing by the road, followed by few men that look scary looking around. Geon quickly pull himself and Sohyun to hide more securely behind the trash can on that dim, dirty, and narrow alley. He wait for some more time.

"Sohyun-ah, I think it safe now. Let's continue to walk home." Geon said in whisper. But there's no answer or movement from Sohyun.

"Sohyun-ah..." he call again, but still got no respond.

Geon carefully peek at his little sister's face, then find that Sohyun is sleeping.

Geon sigh, "Yeah... no wonder... she must be tired. Me too. Maybe I should sleep too for a while." Geon decided, then close his eyes.

 

 

Quite a while later...

Geon waken up, a bit confuse with his surrounding. It's already dark and the smell from the trash can beside him is pretty aweful. He wonder how he and his sister able to sleep while they being there.

Geon decide that they should go now. He want to get home as fast as they could. But Sohyun is still sleeping and he think that's better than she awake and whine. Geon then get up while carrying his sister. Sohyun wriggling a bit and mumbling whine.

"It's okay, you are with Oppa. Just go back to sleep."

Geon gently caressing her head that snuggling between the crook of his neck and lay her head comfortably on Geon's shoulder. Sohyun fall back to sleep. Geon sigh gladly. Then he start to walk. Before they go out from that alley, he check on his surrounding, to make sure it safe enough.

It's pretty hard for Geon to carrying Sohyun along their way. He think it will be much better if he can change their position, since his arms are sore very much. But he doesn't have heart to wake Sohyun up. He keep on hold his suffer, until they reach a park. Geon put down Sohyun on the bench, then he massaging his sore arms and have a rest there. He carefully looking his surround, make sure those kidnappers doesn't chase them. He remind what happened yesterday...

 

 

*****

 

*back into the past...

All of a sudden, Geon's school was dismissed earlier than supposed to be time, because the whole teachers of his school had to attend sudden important meeting. That's why Geon and his friends decide to play soccer while waiting to get picked up by their parent or their driver. One by one Geon's friends got picked up, and left him alone.

 

Huft~... where is Mr. Park anyway?

What took him so long?

 

Geon grumble upsetly. He then check his smartwatch, there're 3 misscalleds and an unread message all from Mr. Park, that Geon might ignored them while he play soccer with his friends a while ago.

 

The message is from Mr. Park, their family driver :

[Young Master, I just got the news from your teacher that you finished earlier today, but I'm sorry I can't pick you up right now. I'm still at the market with Mrs. Jang (the senior housemaid) for shopping groceries. As soon as I finish this, I'll come to pick you up.]

 

Geon pout, but then he got an idea, then reply Mr. Park's message :

[It's okay Mr. Park. Don't have to rush. Take your time. Meanwhile I can walk to Sohyun's Day Care and wait there with her. So later, you can pick us up at once. See you there.^^]

 

But then Mr. Park call by phone :

Geon : "여보세요 (yeoboseyo : hello)?"

Mr. Park : "Young Master, did you already at Sohyun Day Care?"

Geon : "No. I haven't. I'm still at my school,  just about to go there."

Mr. Park : "Why don't you just wait there at your school? Go read some books at the library or play with your friends."

Geon : "I already played with my friends. They all already got picked up now. There's no body else here. I don't want to wait alone at the library."

Mr. Park : "Uhmm... just wait there. I'm on my way to drive Mrs. Jang back, after that I'll go to you."

Geon : "That's gonna take about an hour. I already bored here. That's okay Mr. Park, I'll be fine. It's not too far after all... see you at Sohyun's Day Care. Bye!"

Mr. Park : "But, Young Mas-..."

*Geon hung up the phone call before Mr. Park finish his sentence.*

 

Then Geon walk to as his plan. It is really not too far actually. He get there about 15 minutes. And his little sister look surprise and very happy to see him, it makes Geon very satisfied.

 

"Geon Oppa! You come to pick me up?!" Sohyun leave what ever she play at that time to get up and run to get her older brother.

Geon happily scoop up his sister, "Eung! You like it?"

"I like it a lot!" Sohyun squeal excitingly.

 

So then they play together, also with another toddler and the Day Care Ahjummas. They are so happy.

 

Then Mr. Park call again :

Mr. Park : "Young Master Geon, are you already with Sohyun at the Day Care?"

Geon : "Yes."

Mr. Park : "(sigh gladly) Thank God..."

Geon : "Hahaha! You are being exagerating, Mr. Park."

Mr. Park : "I'm really worry, you know?"

Geon : "Okay, okay... we'll wait you here."

Mr. Park : "Okay. I'm on my way there."

Geon : "Okay. See you..."

*end of phone call*

 

But then something happened out of the blue...

Bunch of men in black also black mask, barge into the Day Care.

"Where CEO Lee's daughter?!" They shout.

Everybody in the day care are panic and screaming and crying. Geon also very shock, but once he heard that they look for his sister, Geon quickly sense a bad possibillity, he quickly pull Sohyun. Among those crowdness of panic, the two of them able to secreatly move to the side then quietly move to hide beside the shelves then sneak out of the class to alley. There's nobody else there beside two of them.

 

"Sohyun-ah, let's go!" Geon said as he tightly hold Sohyun's hand and pull her.

"To where? Who are those men? They look scary. Is me they looking for? CEO Lee's daughter..." Sohyun ask while following her brother.

Geon a bit surprised that his little sister is actually aware about that. "No. It's not you. It's other Lee's daughter. There's lots of Lee, you know that, right?" Geon making excuse.

"Ooh.. okay." Sohyun obidiently said then just let her Oppa pull her to go.

 

They about to succeed to get out from the back door, when Sohyun refuse to get out...

"Oppa, we have to take our shoes from the front door." She said.

"Just forget about it! We have to get out now." Geon trying to persuade.

"Then we'll go just wearing socks? Mommy will scold us! She always said that we shouldn't forget to wear shoes or at least flip-flop everytime we get out, to keep our socks and feet clean, also to protect our feet so it won't hurt if we might step on dangerous thing. Do you forget, Oppa?" Sohyun remind.

Geon sigh, "Just this time, Sohyun-ah. Forget about it. Believe me! If we stay here, it will be more dangerous. Just do what Oppa said to you or ... Mommy will very sad... because... Argh! Just do what I said! I'm your Oppa, so obey me!."

"Eung? Why Mommy sad?" Sohyun questioning with cute frown in her forehead.

"Tsk! Just do what I said! Quickly!" Geon pull his sister to get out

 

They sneaking right under the window, crawling, to avoid to get find out. In the middle of them crawling, Geon find a worn shoe aimlessly laying behind the bushes. He spread his sight trying to find the pair of it. After a while he find it few meters away also under the bushes.

 

"Sohyun-ah, stay here!" He said to his sister.

"Oppa, where are you going?" Sohyun ask.

"Just a minute..." then Geon crawl under the bushes to take that shoe. He ignoring bushes that scratching his clothes and even his skin.

He back to where his sister waiting with a pair of shoes, "Sohyun-ah, for now.. just wear this, okay?" Geon said.

"Euww~... but that's dirty. I want my own shoes." Sohyun refuse.

"We'll take your shoes later... just put this for now. Or do you want to just wear your socks? Look! Your socks is gonna getting more dirty." Geon trying to persuade.

Sohyun look hesitate, she looking at her dirty socks then to the dirty shoes, she pout, but in the end she nod, "Okay."

Geon smiling, "Good girl. You listen to Oppa very well. Let me put this on for you." Then Geon trying his best to dust away the shoes, then put the shoes on Sohyun's feet. Luckily the size just a bit bigger, but it way better than nothing.

"Okay, let's go!" Geon take a hold of Sohyun's hand and pull her along.

"But, what about you, Oppa? You not gonna wear shoes?" Sohyun ask.

"It's okay. Oppa is strong. I'll be fine. Afterall, it's fun wearing no shoes once in a while!" Geon making another excuse and Sohyun believe him.

 

They about to reach the gate, when suddenly a pair of arms from behind scoop them up at once.

 

 

 

To be continued...