Chapter 11 : When Mom not around

Ridicoulous Series's One Shots

The setting time is around 8 years of Hyun & Sojung's marriage life. So it makes Geon about 7 years old, already on his second year of Primary School, while Sohyun is around 3 years old toddler.

 

====================

 

"Dad, wake up! I have to go to school! And you have to go with me! You've promised!"

Hyun heard his son's nag and he feel somebody shaking his body. He definitely heard and felt those, but Hyun feel doesn't want to wake up, since he know his wife isn't there...

 

"Fine! I'm gonna tell Mom that you refuse to wake up and ignore me! So Mommy gonna reject your call later..." Geon is threatening. That little boy seems exactly know what his Daddy's weakness.

 

Hyun sigh, then open his eyes, turning his face to look at his sulking son, "Don't do that... I'll wake." He energyless said.

 

5 minutes later...

Hyun is ready. He drink the warm milk that Mrs. Jang (the senior house maid) prepared for him in one shot.

"Okay, let's go, Son!" Hyun said then offering his hand to Geon to take a hold.

 

They leave to Geon's school...

That day is family day at Geon's school. There's a festival and sport competitions that all the family members have to participated. But due to GFriend full packed schedules of their world tour, Sojung can't join the festival, so Geon have to go just with his Daddy.

 

*****

 

Few days ago they talked about it on phone...

Sojung : "Mommy so sorry, Son.. but I think I can't join on your school festival. You know Mommy is in the middle of GFriend 2nd World Tour..."

Geon : "(sigh) Yeah, I know..."

Sojung : "Can you go just with Daddy?"

Geon : "(sigh) Yeah..."

Sojung : "Oh c'mon, Son... don't do that to Mommy~... you gonna make me cry..."

Geon : "What? What did that I do? I didn't do anything, so why you have to cry?"

Sojung : "You keep on sigh deeply. I can hear that..."

Geon : "I'm just breathing, Mom..."

Sojung : "I'm sorry... I know I disappointed you. I'm also disappointed. I want to go with you.. really..."

Geon : "I know... I understand."

Sojung : "(sobs) Mommy so sorry, Son.."

Geon : "Oh c'mon... don't start to cry, Mom! I get it. It's fine. I even can go with Mr. Park (driver) or Mrs. Park (house maid, Mr. Park's wife) or Mrs. Yoon (house maid) or Mr. Nam (gardener) or Mr. Jang (butler) or Mrs. Jang (the senior housemaid, chef, Mr. Jang's wife), or even with Joon-ie Hyung (servant) or Bora Noona (servant, Mr. And Mrs. Jang's daughter). Anyone will do... or I'll just skip it, I don't have to participate. It's okay... I already used to it. Don't overreacting like it's my first time..."

Sojung : "(wailling) Oh my God... I'm so sorry, Son... I'm such a terrible Mom, so you have to gone through these kind of things for numerous times... ㅠㅠㅠㅠ!!"

Geon : "(deeply sigh) Mom, stop it! I'm not fond of this kinda drama side of you like this... how many time do I have to tell you that I understand. It's because your job. I get it, okay?.. so calm down, now. Please... I hate to make you cry."

 

Sojung gradually calm down, her wail is slowly but sure turn to sob.

 

Sojung : "(sob) You have rights to ask me to go home right now so I can attend your school festival, Son..."

Geon : "You don't have to, Mom. I still have Dad to go with me. But if Daddy also have important meeting to attend, then it also fine... I can just resign from the match, and just go to school as spectators. It's not a big deal."

Sojung : "Uhmmm.. let Mommy call Miyoung Imo (Hyun's secretary) to make sure your Daddy 's schedule at that day. Let me talk to your Daddy to make sure he go with you. Okay, Son?"

Geon : "Okay, Mom. But don't force him, okay? I don't want Daddy go forcefully."

Sojung : "Okay, Son. Let Mommy handle that."

 

And Sojung really handle it. Hyun agree to go to Geon's school festival.

 

*****

 

In the car, on their way to Geon's school..

"If you don't want to do this, you should tell Mom and me from the start, Dad... but you said you'll go with me..." Geon scolding his Daddy.

Hyun sigh, "It's not that I don't want to go with you, Son... but actually I hoped that your Mommy would make time to come home so we can go together to your school festival. I just disappointed that she can't make it. I miss your Mom very much." Hyun confess to his son.

"I understand. I miss Mom and Sohyun too. They've been left for almost 2 months... this is the longest they've gone." Geon tell.

 

Silent...

 

"Can we go to visit them this weekend, Dad? Tomorrow is weekend by the way... You know where they are now?" Geon ask.

"Uhmm... I can ask to find out. Do you want to go, Son?" Hyun ask.

"Eung!" Geon nod.

"Let me check my schedule first, okay. I want to see them too..." Hyun said.

 

 

Eventhough their morning was a bit messed, but then Geon and his Dad are having fun on Geon's school festival despite the fact that not like other people on that event their family is not complete that day, since Sojung and Sohyun are at overseas.

After the festival, Hyun and Geon decide to have a brunch at a small stall near Geon's school. They walk on foot to go there and order a big bowl of Bibimbap and spicy fried chicken. Hyun let Geon mix up the bibimbap. Geon look excited.

 

"Son, do you ever annoyed by my work and your mom's work, that makes us unable to be with you to attend your school event, or even to play with you, or help you doing your honework? Do you ever jealous to your friend because their parents almost always be there for them?" Hyun carefully ask.

Geon scoop a spoonfull of bibimbap then eagerly put it all in his mouth, he unchalantly nod while munching.

"Do you angry with us?" Hyun ask again.

Geon shake his head while starting to make another spoonfull, "I understand what Daddy and Mommy works on. It's okay. I'm aware that both of you are already trying your best to make time to be with me." Geon said then put the spoonfull into his mouth.

Hyun a bit taken aback to heard Geon's said. He can't help to proud to his wise little son. Hyun smile, "Thanks, Son. It means a lot for Daddy and Mommy. But Son, feel free to ask us to spend more time with you, okay?"

Geon nod, "I know. I asked you a lot, though... Like this time too... I told you about this event. It's okay if you busy and couldn't go, you just have to tell me from the begining. But if you already said that you would go, then I'm gonna mad if you brake your promised."

Hyun nod, "Okay. That's fair." Then start to join to eat the bibimbap.

 

"Did you forced to went with me today, Dad?" Geon ask.

Hyun shake his head, "No. I had fun today, thanks to you."

Geon smiling, "Me too. Today is fun. Thanks for went with me, Dad."

Hyun nod also smiling.

 

"Uhmm.. what do you want to do next, Son? Let's play together this whole day!" Hyun offering.

"You not gonna go to your office?" Geon ask.

"Nope! Let's just play this whole day." Hyun said.

There's a wide grin that gradually form on Geon's face. He looks so happy. "First, let's go to amusement park, then play catch ball on our home backyard."

"That's all?" Hyun ask.

"That's all for now. Uhmm.. maybe later we can figure it out another things to do." Geon said.

"Okay. Let's go!" Hyun said then get up from his seat right after they finished their lunch, then offering his hand to Geon to hold on, they walk happily hand in hand, steps lightly, sometimes Geon would hopping excitingly. That whole day, Hyun and Geon is having so much fun.

 

 

Night, at their home...

After had dinner, Geon go to his room to check on his homework or any assignments that he might have. While Hyun is at his working room to check on her work. Since that day he had not go to his office, he find more notifications than usual on his email. He check on those notifications and reply those that he able to answer at that time.

 

Suddenly Hyun's working room door knocked...

"Come in.." Hyun said calmly.

The door is opened, then Geon who already on his pajamas coming in.

"Hi, Son! You need something?" Hyun sweetly ask.

Geon coming closer, then climb to have a seat on his Daddy's lap, "I had so much fun today, Dad."

"Me too, Son." Hyun said while his arm naturally embracing his little son's body, pull him close deeper against his body, "You done your homework?"

"Eung. It's not much, I've done it all. Afterall tomorrow is Saturday. So I'm free." Geon said.

"Smart boy." Hyun complimenting while dearly messing Geon's hair.

 

"Will we go to see Mom and Sohyun, tomorrow, Dad?" Geon asking, reminding about what they were talked about at the car in the morning.

"Oh right... I forget to tell you... uhmm... I have meeting tomorrow, Son. Sorry, we can't go." Hyun carefully tell.

Geon sighing, dissapointed, "So you will busy tomorrow..."

"Uhmm.. we can play at morning. My appointment with one of my client is at lunch time, so if you willing to be my companion, after lunch I will take you to where ever you want and play what ever you want. What do you think?" Hyun offering.

"Uhmm... Okay. I will go with you to your meeting. So you better keep your promise, Dad." Geon said.

"Okay. It's a deal then?" Hyun asking for assurement.

"Deal." Geon firmly said.

Then they twine their pinkies as a promise.

 

 

So then...

While Hyun working, Geon is stay on his Daddy's lap and playing games with his nintendo switch.

 

It's been a while...

 

THUD

 

Hyun check on the sound, then he found out that it's from Geon's Nintendo board that dropped on the carpet floor, while Geon himself is fell asleep on his lap. Hyun smile.

 

My Dear Son..

I hardly belive that I'm having a son that already in his second years on primary school. He almost 7 years old...

 

Geon is good boy. I'm so proud of him.

 

Hyun dearly staring at his sleeping son.

 

You have no idea how I struggled to get your Mom, so then now I can have you and your sister...

If your Mom insist to reject me and our ancestors deal to engaged us, then I must be not have you right now on my lap like this, Son...

If your Mom couldn't be saved from kidnappers years ago, then I must be not have you, Geon...

If only your Mom had not been merciful, pitied me and accompanied me during my mourning for my parents' death, then now I would not be able to have you..

 

Fortunately...

Your Mom was made her decision, endured and went through her suffer, always being kind-angelic person the way she is.

So now I can be her husband and father for you and your sister.

 

 

*****Back to the past.....*****

 

Around time when Sojung about in her 2,5 months on first pregnancy, carrying Geon. The first trimester of pregnancy is the critical periode. The most dramatic changes and development for baby occur during the first trimester. It's also during this time that the fetus is the most susceptible to damage from alcohol, drugs, certain medications, and illnesses.

 

The first trimester of pregnancy is exciting and scary. Like other pregnant women, Sojung also experiencing morning sickness, it's pretty awful. It drains her energy, she faints couple of times. Also lots of other common symptoms such as lightheadedness, heartburn, constipation, visible veins, then also physical changes, being too much emotional, body changes, and also the good one symptom is pregnancy glow that make her look more graceful and her mature beauty overflow, for that special symptom is the most favourite of all symptoms, Hyun, GFriend members, and even their company Source Music are delightful by that.^^

Once again Sowon's appeareance become trending topic like she did before on 'Gashina' and 'Hush', but in totally different side of appeareance, it's not about being y but elegant motherly gorgeousness.

Sowon (some with other GFriend members, some even with Hyun) got invited to lots of talk shows, variety shows, beauty shows, and other shows that actually unfimiliar for girl group, talking about health, family, mother and baby, parental guide, and such... uhmm... it brings lot new experiences and knowledge for them...^^

 

Waiting room at particular TV show...

"Ugh~..." Sowon let out soft moans while slowly massaging her temple.

"Do you feel sick, Honey? You want to go to hospital?" Hyun worrily ask.

Sowon shake her head, "No... not necessary." Sowon reach out her hand, and Hyun quickly take a hold of her hand, "Let's go. Take me to the next schedule. The girls must be already there and waiting for me."

Hyun sigh, "Skip it!"

Sowon lift her face to stare at her husband, "What did you say?"

"Skip it! You are tired. Don't force yourself too much. It's dangerous. At least please mind our baby in your womb."

Sowon clench her jaws, "I'm fine. We are fine." Sowon insist, while caressing her belly, secreatly trying to wooing the fetus inside her womb to be strong and keep up going along with her desire.

"Honey... please..." Hyun begging.

 

Hyun then get up from his seat to kneel in front of his wife, without let go Sojung's hand.

"Honey please... skip it! At least one schedule. You need to rest." Hyun keep persuading.

Sowon pouting and frowning.

Hyun dearly caressing Sojung's cheek, "You already pale, Jagiya. Please... let me talk to your Manager, okay?"

Sowon just keep on silent.

"Do I need to use my authority and force you as your husband? You know I have rights and I can force you, right?" Hyun insist.

Sowon sigh, "Just one schedule..." she finally said almost in whisper.

Hyun gladly sigh, "Yes, at least one schedule. I actually prefer you to skip the rest of your schedules for today."

"Eu~ung..." Sowon whining and shaking not just just her head but also her shoulder and pouting, cutely showing her disagreement.

Hyun chuckle, "Okay... okay... at least one. Oh.. you really know how to whine, don't you Babe?... but I think I have to stay kneel like this for a little longer, since I lost my strength to get up. Hahaha!"

And Sowon laugh along with him. She actually touched by how her husband is always concern about her, always trying to take good care of her, adore her, and she love how Hyun always have his sweet way to soothe her. But on the other times, Hyun being overprotective and possesive is annoying her.

 

Along their ride to the next venue of GFriend schedule, Sojung is sleeping soundly, snuggling close to her husband that wrapping her body in his arm.

 

"... yes, at least a schedule... she really pale, and I don't want to take a risk... you know how bad her sickness right?... yes... okay... thanks Hyung.... we are in our way to get there... she's sleeping all the the way. She really tired, but refuse to lessen her activities and that makes me upset because I can't force her stop. So then I have keep trying to make her take time to rest and eat as best as I could, please help me. I know you care about her too, you love her like your true dongsaeng... yes... okay... thanks... I call you later when we got there." Then Hyun end up the phone conversation with GFriend's Chief-Manager, he got his approval to let Sowon skip her one schedule in order to get time to rest.

 

Hyun staring at his sleeping-beauty wife in his embrace. She look cute and adorable, at the same time look angelic and graceful. Hyun always feel that no matter how much his grateful about having her in his life will never enough to thank God for His grace and bless on his life.

 

 

Later...

At parking lot of particular venue, where GFriend have to perform on outdoor event.

They already reached that venue since about half an hour, but Hyun and Sowon are still inside the car, because Sowon is still sleeping and Hyun don't have even slight intention to wake her up or at least tell her that they already there for a while. He already told his driver, Mr. Park, to go inside the venue to tell the skip-deal to GFriend's Manager and that Sowon actually already there, just in case they really need to wake Sowon up to do something.

 

Not too long, Mr. Park comeback with GFriend's Manager, Yerin and Umji who want to check on Sowon. Afterall, Hyun already got approval from Chief-Manager so it's okay, Manager-in-charge just need to check.

"Unnie is okay, right Hyung-boo? She indeed look pale..." Yerin concernly ask while bend and entering her head through the open window car to peek to look at her Leader-Unnie's face that comfortably and peacefully snuggling on her husband's chest.

"Look at those visible veins, those look scary~..." Umji said, while scrunching up her face in worry.

"Your Unnie is fine. The visible veins also still in normal state, so you don't have to worry. But she need to rest. So, I beg you kids... let her get some rest. You can handle your performance without her around, right?" Hyun begging.

Yerin and Umji nod, "Don't worry Hyung-boo, eventhough we indeed are more at ease if Unnie next to us but we prepared for this such condition. Don't worry, we can handle it. Just keep Unnie rest little longer, okay.."

Hyun gladly smile and nod, "Okay. Thanks."

 

 

About two hours later...

"Ugh~..." Sowon let out soft moans while slowly wriggling. The first thing she see when she open her eyes is sleeping Hyun. Sowon's brain processing to remember how she end up in that current situation. Quickly she remember. Instinctly she trying to find out what time is it, she turn to look at Hyun watch that stil protectively twining her waist even at his sleeping state.

"Oh my goodness... I sleep too long." Sowon mumbling then trying let herself off from her husband's embrace. But when she about to open the car door, she feel there's a strong arm that pull her back in quick then suddenly she already landing safely on Hyun's lap, then another arm circling her body and secure her position in her husband's barricade.

Sowon gasp in surprised.

 

"Where you about to go?" Hyun questioning in his hoarsh sleepy voice.

"To go in to the venue. To my members." Sowon honestly answer.

"Sleep little longer..." Hyun order.

"No. I already sleep almost 3 hours. It's enough. I'm okay now. Let me go." Sowon beg.

"Just little longer..." Hyun said while tightening his wrap on her.

"Oppa~..." Sowon start to whine.

"I'm still sleepy..." Hyun said then snuggling deeper onto his wife. Sojung naturally adjusting her position. Lean onto the car's door, and her arm wrap Hyun's shoulder from the back, so he can lean his head between her chest and shoulder, right under her chin, then when Hyun leaning his back onto the seat, Sojung also got pull to lean on him. They end up lean into each other comfortably.

 

Sowon sigh, as she give up and just enjoying the moment to have some more personal time with her husband inside their car.

"Oppa..." she call in gentle voice.

"Eung?" Hyun casually answering.

"Do I bothering you?"

"No. What bother you refer to?"

"Me and my pregnancy. Before you know me, you were one of 'the most wanted bachelors' in this country. You used to travel to all around the world, for business and for fun. I know you pretty popular in elite society, among young and successful excecutives -..." Sojung's sentence interrupt by Hyun.

"... and among bunch of brats... hahaha! Yeah! I do know them." Hyun jokingly add, and there's witty smirk plastered on his face.

"Uhmm... maybe you do know them. But the important thing is you are definitely not one of those brats." Sojung said as she dearly caressing Hyun's hair.

 

Hyun open his eyes then lean onto his car-seat-head-rest without let go his circling arms on Sojung's waist, just loosen it, he staring at his wife.

Sojung smile to him, "My dear husband, I'm so proud of you... also proud to be your wife."

Suddenly Hyun dash to kiss Sojung's lips passionately and she also equally reply. Then they drowning into making out.

Hyun passionately kissing her all over her lips, face, neck, arms, hands, fingers, anywhere he can reach to, as he keep hugging her tight against his body. His hands roaming on all over her body, agily to pull out her blouse from her skirt, then slide inside to touch more of her skin. Hyun then lift her to turn her position become to lay on the car seat, so she can be more comfortable and he can crawl above her, and moving more freely.

 

But then...

"Ouch...!"

Hyun stop whatever he doing currently to look at his wife, worry, "What? Did I just hurt you?"

Sojung a bit panting, her looks at that time with hair strands stuck on her sweaty skin is damn-too-gorgeous, but Hyun forcedly to snapped back into his sanity when he see her nod, "Where?"

Sojung try to answer as she manage her breath, "Actually, all over my body... it sore..."

"Ooh... I'm so sorry Honey." Hyun quickly open the door behind him then get out from the car to provide more spacious place for his wife to heal herself.

 

 

After a while...

They decide to sitting on the bench under the tree not too far from the parking lot.

"Here. Have a drink, Honey." Hyun offer a bottle of mineral water that he just got from the vending machine.

Sojung take it then drink it.

Hyun sit next to her, "I'm sorry, Honey... I've been excessive."

Sojung smile, "Actually I like that you still being excessive to me."

"Eung?" Hyun look at her in surprised and wonder, "What do you mean?"

"Actually... I'm bit worry because we married in hurry. We haven't know each other too long. Then I'm pregnant even before we married. We don't even have proper enough time to date as couple. So I thought I haven't let you to enough devouring me... while the other hand, you always adore me too much. That's why I actually pitied you, Oppa... I thought I being unfair to you... You give me a lot, but I give you less..." Sojung trying to explain.

"Hey... don't think like that. You don't know how much you give me all these times. To have you as my wife and your pregnancy, are greatest gifts that you give me that can't compare to anything in this world. I think I'm too low to deserve to have you and our baby." Hyun assuring.

Sojung lean closer and lay her head on Hyun's shoulder, "No. Don't say that. Of course you deserve us. You are a good man, Oppa. Actually I want to spoil you sometimes, like just now ... but I messed it up myself. I'm sorry..."

"Don't be sorry. I like the way you spoiled me." Hyun chuckle.

"But I messed up before I make you satisfied." Sojung whine.

"I'm satisfied. I'm happy. Don't worry, you done great. I'm looking forward your next spoil at me, Babe." Hyun assuring then happily peck on Sojung's head.

 

Suddenly...

"Ugh..." then Sojung get up then walk away as she say, "I have to go to the toilet."

 

Not too long, Sojung come out from the toilet and find Hyun is standing fidgeting right at the outside of the toilet. As soon as he see her out, Hyun quickly go closer to her and offering a pack of tissue that Sojung gladly take to wipe and sweat.

"You need to see the doctor, Honey?" He worrily ask.

Sojung shake her head, refuse, "No. Not necessary. It's just nausea. I got that a lot, remember?" She said between her chuckle.

"You want to eat something? I will get anything you want." Hyun offering.

"Can we go to the waiting room? I really want to see my members." Sowon ask.

Hyun silent.

"I promise to skip this schedule. I won't perform for this event. I'll rest a bit more. But let me at least stand by close with them. It makes me at ease. Please..." Sowon beg.

Hyun sigh, "Okay." 

 

 

At the waiting room...

"Unnie!" The girls happily greet as soon as Sowon enter the room.

"What are you doing here? You supposed to be rest." Umji protest.

"Well.. your Hyung-boo didn't let me rest..." Sowon jokingly say.

"What? How could that be? Hyung-boo was the one who insist you to skip this schedule so you can get some rest." Umji wondering.

Sowon chuckle, "Yeah. That's right. I already got rest. I'm all better now."

"But you still look pale, Unnie." Eunha said in concern.

"Because I'm hungry." Then Sowon turn to look at her husband, "Oppa, can you please get me porridge with mushroom, strawberry milkshake, tteokbeokki, chiffon cake, and..."

The girls interrupting to add lot more menu list that Sowon start just now with their own craving menus. While Hyun gawk in dumbfounding. But in the end he agree to get all of the list for them.

 

Then after they finished to ate all food they craved for, Sowon fell asleep on the couch on their waiting room, while her members performing on stage.

 

You had lot to went through, and still have lot more to go through, Sojung-ah.

But, don't worry, Honey... I will always by on your side, and my love for you is gonna keep on flame, not gonna fade away.

Hyun thought while dearly staring at his gorgeous-sleeping-wife.

 

***** back to present *****

 

"So, Geon-ah... be good to your Mom." Hyun carefully whispering.

 

Hyun pick his Son's toy from the floor then carry him to his bed room. He gently lay Geon on his bed, then tucked him on his blanket. Before he left, Hyun carefully peck on Geon's forehead.

"Goodnight, Son... sleep well and have a sweet dream. Daddy love you." Hyun whispering his greet.

 

 

 

The next day...

Hyun keep his promise. Since early morning he and Geon are playing together. Then at lunch time Geon go as his Daddy's companion on the meeting appoinment with one of Hyun's clients. He being good boy and politely waiting until the meeting done. After that they go to amusement park and arcade center, then they go home after have a dinner and fell asleep even before they reach their home. So Hyun just carry his sleeping son from the car to his bed and tucked him on blanket.

 

Later...

*on phone call*

Hyun : "Hi, Honey. Miss you so much..."

Sojung : "(chuckle) Hi. You sound so desperatedly missing me."

Hyun : "I am. Miss you so bad. When you gonna come home?"

Sojung : "Ouwh~... Oppa, I really want to come home, but we still have 3 more countries to visit. If everything on schedule, then I'll be back in 8 days."

Hyun : "Argh! 8 days?! That's still long...!"

Sojung : "Yeah... I know. Why don't you and Geon come to visit us?"

Hyun : "Yeah. Yesterday Geon and me planning to visit you and Sohyun, but unfortunately I had a meeting today. So we had to canceled our plan."

Sojung : "Ooh... meeting on weekend, huh?!"

Hyun : "Why you sounds like that? It's real meeting. Geon even went with me."

Sojung : "Oh yeah? Is it Geon there? Let me talk to him?"

Hyun : "Unfortunately he already sleep. He fell asleep on our way back home, and I put him on his bed just now. We had so much fun these days. We play together a lot."

Sojung : "Really? Wow... good to hear that. Oh, how's my little son? He is doing great, right? Did he whine a lot?"

Hyun : "No. Don't worry. Geon is a good boy. Honestly, I'm surprised on how mature and wise he is. You doing great as his Mom, you nurture him very well. Thanks, Honey."

Sojung : "What happened?"

Then Hyun tell his wife about his conversation with Geon yesterday, about Geon's understanding about his parent's business that makes them unable to always be there to participate on Geon's activities.

 

Sojung : "Oh... my Dear Son (sob)... how I wish I'm there to hug him right now to tell him how proud and grateful I am to him (sob)."

Hyun : "Ouwh... don't start to cry Sojung-ah! You being dramatic."

Sojung : "(sob) What you expect me to do after heard your story?...(sob) this is natural Mom reaction. Don't ask me to stop (sob)."

Hyun : "(chuckle) okay... alright."

Sojung : "Can I see him now?"

Hyun : "Okay. I'll go back to his room. Wait up a bit..."

 

Then Hyun get up to Geon's room. Then activate the video call, he look the appeareance of his wife, she look gorgeous as always, there's a yearn to his wife that suddenly overflowing that barge on his chest that makes him growling in deep tone.

"Ugh~.."

"Oppa are you alright? You wincing, are you in pain?" Sojung ask in concern.

"Goodness..   I wish I can touch you right now..." Hyun grumbling deep.

Sojung's worriness fade away as soon as she heard that, and change into smirk, "Me too... I wish you can touch me now."

 

Silent... while they staring on each other.

 

Snap!

 

Sojung : "Enough! Let me see my son..."

Hyun : "Argh! I admit I'm jealous to Geon at time like this.. you seems love him more than me..."

Sojung : "(chuckle) Yup! Your guessed is correct. I love him more than to you."

Hyun : "WHAT?! You said I'm the love of your life!"

Sojung : "I never said that. It was you who said that to me..."

Hyun : "Argh! It's not fair! Then I won't let you see Geon!"

Sojung : "Ough~... why~..?!! C'mon! Don't be such a whiner! Let me see Geon!"

Hyun : "No! I'm disappointed! You choose Geon over me."

Sojung : "Argh! C'mon! Don't be childish!"

Hyun : "Whatever! I don't care eventhough you call me childish."

Sojung : "Argh! Tsk! Fine! I will extend my tour then... so you gonna sleep alone longer. I'm hang up! Bye!"

*End of video call*

 

"Hey! Wait! Sojung-ah!" Hyun trying to stop her, but she already hung up the phone call. "Huft~... what a such bossy woman! ... tsk! But I love her, though... huft~... I want to talk and see her longer..  tsk! Why I whined to her? Why I had to be jealous to Geon? He is our son, though... tsk! Silly me!" Hyun keep blaming and scolding himself.

 

 

The other day...

Hyun is in the middle of important meeting when Miyoung, his loyal secretary, text him a message that shock him, it says...

 

[Sorry to intruding your meeting, Sajang-Nim. But there's very important matter that I have to tell you right away... It's about your Son.

His school called to asked you to go to Geon's School, as soon as you can.

Geon was did 'something' today at school.

And apparently it's not 'something' good...]

 

Hyun suddenly feeling to get an upset stomach, after he read the text messages. He deeply sigh, then he do his best to wrap up his meeting so then he go to Geon's school.

 

 

Geon's school, at teachers office...

"Ah, Mr. Lee... glad that you making your time to get here today." Geon's Room Teacher greet him and shake his hand with serious expression, "Please have a seat."

"Yes. Thank you." Then Hyun have a seat on the chair that thr teacher offer to him.

The teacher seems anxious, but he try his to explain, "Uhmm... here's the thing... your Son, Lee Geon... I know he naturally a good kid. He is smart and energetic. But today he was did something... that not too nice..."

Hyun frowning his forehead, "May I know what actually Geon did today?"

"He punch his friend and got him a nosebleed. Fortunately it's not that bad. The school's Doctor already took care of him." The teacher finally said.

Hyun's eyes wider in shock, "What?! What happened?"

"Uhmm... actually it's not Geon who initiated it. Geon just triggered by his friend's mock at him." The teacher tell.

"What mock?" Hyun chasing.

"Uhmm.. yeah... uhmm... his friend's said that 'how pity Geon is... because his parent are so busy so can't attend 'Parent as Guest' project today. Geon's turn was actually weeks ago, but he keep on postponed it until the last turn of the entire class. Well... today is actually the last turn. But he said, you have important meeting today, while his Mother is stil on World Concert Tour, that's why none of you able to attend today." The teacher explain.

 

Hyun is having flashback to the past that reminding him that Geon actually mentioned and asked him for few times to make time to go to his school about attending his school project about 'Parent as Guest' today, and Hyun told him that he will check on schedule to make sure when he can make it. But Hyun always forget about it.

 

Argh... I'm screwed ...

 

"Can I see my son?" Hyun ask.

"Yes, of course. But I'm sorry to say that due to School Regulations, I have to give him a punishment. I grounded him on the hallway." The teacher carefully told.

Hyun deeply sigh, he feel like got a punch on his epigastrium that makes him a bit hard to breath, "Okay."

 

Later...

The teacher walk Hyun to where Geon is. From a far, Hyun can see that Geon is kneeling on the hallway, while keep his arms up, that view is hurting Hyun's heart, he feel so mad and sad at the same time.

 

Thank goodness that you don't have to see this, Sojung-ah...

Hyun thought while clenching his teeth, trying to hold his sanity patiently.

 

 

"Geon-ah, here's your Dad." The teacher said.

Geon lift his face. Then his eyesight meet with Hyun's eyesight. Geon tearing up as soon as he look at his Dad.

"I will let you talk." Then the teacher left them.

 

Later...

Geon sitting on a bench under the tree outside the building school, facing the school field, he look sad.

"Here's Son... have a drink." Hyun coming then offer a bottle of cold water.

Geon take the bottle then drink it, while Hyun take a seat next to him.

 

"Sorry Dad, I made trouble." Geon said.

"It's okay, Son. I'm sorry too... it's because I'm too busy..." Hyun said.

"Don't be sorry, Dad, it's your job. You are busy doing important things. So it's okay." Geon said 

"You are important too. So I should manage time for you too." Hyun said.

Geon just low his face in silent. Hyun can see the glimpse of Geon's trembling chin, sign that Geon is trying to hold back his tears, trying to not cry. It hurt Hyun's heart even more.

 

"Ouwh... Son~..." Hyun can't hold himself anymore longer. He hug his son. Then Geon burst to cry as soon as his face drown on his Daddy's chest. His small body trembling by sobs and sniffles. Hyun wrapping his arms on his Son's body, while caressing his head.

 

 

Later, at Geon's classroom.

"Hi! I'm Lee Hyun, Geon's Father. I'm a CEO of Lee's Company Group. We doing things like Contractors, Properties, and such building things. Our company it considered in Top 5 development company in this country. Later, you can ask me anything about how to build things. Since our company doing lots of project to build many things in this country. So that's why it actually kinda hard for me to make time to come here as your 'Parent as Guest' project. While Geon's Mother, Kim Sojung a.k.a Sowon is the Leader of Girl Group called GFriend. Do you ever heard about GFriend? They got lots of awards, you know? She also a top model and actrees. Right now, she at the other side of the earth, in the middle of GFriend 2nd World Tour, that's why she can't make it to be here today. Uhmm.. Geon actually already asked both of us for a couple of times, but due to our bussiness, our hectic schedules, that's why I just able to made it now. So sorry to make you wait too long. As our apologized, Geon's Mom even called from a far to ordered ice cream for each of you, and I bring it here with me. Is that okay?" Hyun grining.

"YEEAAAYYYY!!!!! ICE CREAM!!!" All the kids on that classroom shout in excitement.

"Geon-ah, your Dad and Mom are the most awesome parent I've ever know!!! You are so lucky!" Geon's friends complimenting. That makes Geon can't hide his wide grin from ear to ear, feeling so proud and happy for his parent. He look at his Dad that wittily raising his eyebrow ups and downs, it makes him laugh.

"Thanks Dad. You fixing my messed up day." Geon whisper.

Hyun dearly messing Geon's hair, "Thanks to your Mom's splendid idea in quick to ordered ice cream for each your friends. It actually that fixing all the mess."

Geon chuckle, "Yeah. Luckily you called her, Dad. Mom always able to give the best solution. Ice cream indeed is the best way to fixing mess."