Chapter 8 : Maknaes on Duty

Ridicoulous Series's One Shots

At GFriend's dorm..

"Are you sure about this?" Sowon questioning with uneasy expression plastered on her face.

"Yeah. Of course. This is not a big deal. We used to babysit them since their born. Why you are not trust us? Is it because we are maknaes so you look down on us?" SinB protest, rolling her eyes, irritated by her unnie's doubtness.

"No. I'm sorry, don't offended. I know both of you play along very well with Geon and Sohyun, but this time there's nobody else but both of you. You have to handle all the possibilities by yourselves, no one else you can depend on." Sowon keep trying to remind.

"It's okay, Unnie. Just go now. You might late." Umji also trying to reasuring.

"We still have time. I can take them back to our home. There're people on our house who will take care of them. So you can just leisurely having fun and take a rest. I'm sure you need it." Hyun also trying to persuade.

"But Daddy, I don't wanna go home. I want to stay here with Maknaes Aunties. They're more fun than Mr. and Mrs. Park or Mrs. Yoon or Mr. Nam or Joon-ie Hyung or Bora Noona (*they are names of servants at their house. Butler, chef, driver, etc) or anyone at home." Geon protest, as he quickly hugging SinB's leg.

"See...? You heard that, right?" SinB said with savage-winner smirk on her face. Feeling so proud that her nephew even clearly showing his insist to stay there with them.

Sowon sigh, "At least let me take Sohyun to ease your burden."

"No! Sohyun-ie should be here too with me!" Geon suprisingly being whiny. Then for more surprise, it's like hearing her name been called Sohyun seems become motivated to blabbering.

"See... Sohyun-ie want to stay here with Oppa and Aunties, right lil' sis?" Geon feel like being supported by her sister. And Sohyun just keep blabbering. It's sound so cute. It makes them chuckle and squeals.

"We'll fine, Hyung-boo, Unnie. Don't worry. They are not burdens. They are our beloved nephew and niece. We loves them so much. So, then you better just go now!" Umji said soothingly.

"But-..." Sowon still feeling uneasy. Suddenly Sohyun waving her hand, and SinB quickly use that chance as excuse.

"Indeed, Smarty Sohyun-ie. Say bye to Mommy and Daddy. Bye Mommy! Bye Daddy! See you later."

Sowon sigh. She turn to look at her husband, Hyun also looking uneasy, but then after take a deep breath he just nod his head, while twine and squeez Sowon's shoulder, trying to comforting her.

"Okay then... we give up. We will try to put our trust on both of you to taking care our children tonight. Please do well. And call us whenever you need it, our phone will always on stand by. We will get here as fast as we can. Afterall the event is not too far from here. I will run to get here fast if it necessary." Hyun said.

"Hahaha! Okay. Don't worry." SinB said.

 

Sowon kneel, "Geon-ah, be good boy! Don't give your Aunties hard times. Listen well and be obidient to them, okay Son?"

"Okay, Mommy. I'm a good boy." Geon reasuring, make them chuckle.

"Okay then, give Mommy a hug, please." Sowon ask while spread her arms. Then Geon let go SinB's leg then come closer to hug his Mommy and give few pecks on her cheek.

 

After bid goodbye, Sowon and Hyun finally left the dorm. That night they have an event to attended. A charity event, big and elite event that attended by many big companies CEOs, billionairs, celebrities, and government superiors. An event with good purpose, as well as opportunities for business networking and marking the status of respect among the elite community. Obviously, it's for Hyun's necessity for his business image. Sowon is going with him as her support because she is Hyun's wife. If before the married, Sowon happened to also attend at that event was just as GFriend, one of performing artists, not as an invited guest. It's important event that they need to attend as couple, it for supporting a stable and trustable image of Hyun, that will also affecting his business network.

Even though Sowon actually didn't too fond to attend that such events that needed a lot of 'sweet talks' with people that she not too familiar with. Honestly she preferred to working hard with her group to fulfil their busy schedules or just being at home with their children, but for her husband's sake Sowon willing to attend, even dress up extra glamour to strengthen her husband's image.

 

Huft~... the responsibility of the businessman's wife....

 

It's not like she hate to dress up, definitely no, Sowon likes it, she has very good sense of fashion, though... It's just that it's not the environment that she familiar with. Aside the fact that even though she has been married to Hyun for about 4 years, she still can't adapt well in that environment made Sowon nervous on how she supposed to deal that event.

Actually Sowon knows and being good friends with some people in that environment. Some of businessmen's wives and some of Hyun's friends, it's not like they like to being superior than another people or boasting their richness or being such spoiled brats, no, they are kind and fun people, even also have sensibility to help anyone who needs, from just simple things to big deals, Sowon is having no problems and able to get along very well with them, but as personally, not because of certain interests, such as business.

 

 

 

Oh well, enough for business dilemma, let's back to check on how SinB and Umji babysitting their nephew and niece...

 

 

 

 

At GFriend's dorm...

"Geon-aaahhh!!! Get back here! Finish your dinner!"

SinB yell as she chasing her nephew all around their apartment, while Geon with so much witty sliding between Umji's legs, that makes his Maknae Aunty shriek in surprise, fortunately she kept safe the glass of water on her grip. Geon laughing out loud, it distract his focus a bit, it causing him trip over his plushy Teddy Bear that scattered on the floor. Geon fall rolling on the floor, but he not cry, he aware that his Aunty SinB is getting near, he quickly get up try to runaway, but this time unfortunately not fast enough. SinB manage to elongated her arms to catch him then drag him along with her and not let him go before he finished his dinner.

 

"Geon-ah, your house maids must be very exhausted everytime they has to feed you..." SinB nagging.

"No, they're not. I won't give hard time for them. I just doing this when I'm with Aunties." Geon honestly tell with witty grin on his face.

SinB glare at him, "Why?!" She ask upsetly.

"Cause Aunties are so much fun than anybody else." Geon said, chuckling.

 

Poof...

 

SinB's upset dropped instantly by heard that, "Is that so?" She ask with calmer voice, since she freel heart warm inside, while trying to hide her proud smile.

Geon nod excitingly, "I love spending time with Aunties. All of you are the best.. of course right after Mom and Dad and Sohyun." Geon said between munching his dinner.

SinB glance at her roommate, Umji seems heard that too, they exchange proud and happiness, feels warm at their deep hearts.

 

But, SinB is being mischievous enough to not let her nephew to easily slide away.

"Is that so? You being a good obidient boy at home but giving your aunties hard times instead?" SinB teasing, pretended to sulke.

Geon tilt his head, wondering, "Did I being too naughty to you, Aunty?"

"Yeah. You made me had to ran chasing you on this entire dorm. It's exhausted, you know?" SinB complain, exagerating her expression.

"Oh... I'm sorry. I won't do that anymore." Geon said with somehow teary eyes.

SinB staring at her sad nephew, then regreting her prank at him.

"Geon-ah, Aunty SinB just kidding. She never mind to run after you for no matter how long. We all loves playing with you and Sohyun. Right, SinB-ah?" Umji said, worry that Geon become sad for too long.

SinB smiling wide, "Yeah. I just kidding, Geon-ah. You definitely never give us hard time."

Geon bloom a smile, glad smile. Then he thrown himself to hug SinB. "I love you, Aunty!" As he hug SinB's neck tightly.

SinB almost spil the spoonful of Geon's dinner, luckily she agile enough to quickly drop it on the plate. Then she hug back her beloved nephew.

 

 

"Blah... bla... bla... whooahh... waw... waaaw..  dadada.. blah...!!"

Sohyun babbling excitingly. Not sure what she trying to say, but it sounds happy and cute, it makes her Maknae Aunties and her brother laugh.

"Sohyun-ie, were you trying to say that you love me? Like your Geon Oppa said to SinB?" Umji trying to joke.

"Blah.. waw..." Sohyun babbling again while staring right at Umji's eyes. Then suddenly Sohyun laugh and giggling also making a cute loud shout that make them laugh again.

 

 

 

GFriend dorm finally in peace when Sohyun asleep. Umji carefully put her niece on her bed, while Geon is in the living room drawing with SinB.

"Aunty, should I coloring this car in red, like Mommy's car?" Geon asking.

"Yeah, use whatever you want, Geon-ah." SinB unchalantly answer, not even bother to look at her nephew, and that seems makes Geon feel unpleased.

So, while SinB is having fun watching about Animal Farm video on her cellphone, Geon decide to become 'more creative' as he shift his drawing media from drawing book to SinB's white over size shirt that there's some part of it lie down on the floor.

 

But the peaceful moment is not goes for too long...

It stopped by Umji's gasp right after few steps out from her room, "Oh goodness sake~... SinB-ah you won't happy about what Geon doing on your t-shirt ...."

"What?" SinB questioning, still unchalantly, without care to turn her attention from her cellphone screen.

"Oh I guess I'm wrong... you can continue what you are doing, Geon-ah. Aunty SinB don't mind. Have fun." Umji said with witty smile to her nephew who grinning.

SinB finally turn to look at her back. At the time she look at Geon's 'masterpiece' --- permanent marker doodles -- on her shirt, she shriek.

 

"LEE GEON!!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY NEW WHITE T-SHIRT??!! Oh man... I just wear this once. Geon-aaaaahhh!!!"

 

Geon chuckle then quickly get up and stay away, manage on decent safe range position away from her Aunty SinB. There's satisfaction and mischievous grin plastered on his cute face.

Geon dashing to right behind Umji's back, as soon as SinB making a move toward him. Geon using his Kind-Maknae Aunty as his fortrees, as his shield to keep him safe from SinB's anger.

Umji is playing along. She spread her arms trying to block SinB's way to get their nephew.

It goes very loud and hype up their addrenaline. It stop just because of Sohyun's cry that snapped back them into reality. Umji quickly dashing back into her room to get her niece. It causing Geon to lost his protection. So SinB easily get him. In the end Geon have to facing his punishment.

 

Geon have to sitting still on the corner of the living room for a half hour without toys, and lost his supper snack, a chocolate ice cream with springkles of corn flakes and honey. SinB even teasing him by eat the ice cream leisurely on the couch, right for Geon to watch and staring at her with so much desire that he has to hold.

 

 

GFriend dorm back to peace...

Geon fell asleep curling on the corner. Sohyun is back to sleep after Umji change her wet diapers to the dry one. SinB and Umji finally flopped themselves on the couch with glad sigh.

"Geez... I never experience this so much exhaustion just for baby sitting." SinB grumbling.

"Yeah, me too... this is more tiring than a whole day dance practise." Umji also grumbling.

 

Silence...

 

Both maknaes feeling the emptiness on their ears after loud chaotic sounds before that filled with the mery of their nephew and niece along with their voices. It feels peace indeed, but somehow it doesn't have to take a long time for them to missing the chaos.

 

SinB sigh, "Why they have to sleep at these early? I still want to play with them."

Umji smirking and glance to her roommate, she chuckle, "How weird are us... few seconds ago we grumbled that baby sit them were exhausted, and so grateful that they finally sleep, so we can have a rest. But now we wish them to stay awake to play with them more."

"Yeah... how weird are us." SinB chuckle, "Uhmm.. no wonder that's why I never be able to stay at my family home for too long. It felt bore to live with less people, without our members and these babies around me." SinB confess.

"Yeah, me too, being apart from all of you is always succeed to make me feel lonely." Umji said.

SinB sigh again, "If the babies are sleeping, I wish at least there're our unnies here."

"Yeah, what took them so long? They've been left this whole day." Umji pouting.

 

"Yerin Unnie might stay a bit to chit-chat. Even more because she filming with Joy Unnie and Hayoung Unnie. They maybe spend longer time to hang out together than the filming. While Yuju Unnie and Eunha Unnie might work hard doing their vocal recording, they just start this evening after Yuju Unnie finished her class. While Sowon Unnie..."

Umji's sentences interrupted by SinB, "For Sowon Unnie, especially for her, I don't mind that she back lot more later. I don't want her take her children back to their house too fast. I even wish she will let Geon and Sohyun stay here."

Umji chuckle, "Yeah. I'm totally agree with you."

Then Maknaes do high-five and chuckle.

 

 

"Aunty SinB~..."

Suddenly there's Geon called. Both maknaes turn to see him.

"Is my punishment time over?" Geon innocently ask, while cutely rubbing his sleepy eyes.

"Aawww~... Geon-ah, come here, Boy!" SinB dearly called her nephew.

Geon get up then toddling to the couch where his Maknae Aunties sitting. He yawn and just gives up when SinB pull him up and place him on her lap and peck his cheek also when his Aunty Umji peck his another side cheek.

"Is there still left over ice cream from me?" He ask, makes SinB and Umji chuckle.

"There's Ice cream only for a good boy." SinB teasing.

"I'm a good boy. So give me ice cream." Geon asking.

"Prove it!" SinB challenging.

Geon frown and hesitate for a while, but then...

"Aunty SinB, I'm sorry for drew on your shirt. I won't do that again. Aunty will forgive me, right?" Geon said while showing his best smile with his twinkling eyes, trying his best to look adorable.

SinB feels like melting by the sweetness and cuteness of her nephew. She bloom a wide smile. She bring her face closer, then Geon naturally also goes closer to give her a peck on her lips. "I'm sorry and I love you Aunty." He sincerely said.

"I'll get the ice cream for you, if you also give me a kiss." Umji pleading, since she feel jealous.

"Okay." Geon said as he reach out his arms to Umji, cupped her face then peck her lips like he did to SinB.

Umji smile in satisfaction. Then get up and go to the kitchen to get an ice cream for her beloved nephew.

 

Geon is leaning his head on SinB's chest, while SinB gently rubbing his back.

"Is Mommy still not back yet?" He questioning.

"Eung... still not yet." SinB answering, "Why? You don't want to be here any longer?" She ask back.

"No. I love here. But I miss Mommy." Geon innocently said.

"She will be back." SinB assuring, as she peck on Geon's crown head, soothing.

"Are Aunty Yerin, Aunty Eunha, and Aunty Yuju also haven't back yet?" Geon ask again, as he straight up his back and look right at SinB's eyes.

"Eung.. they also haven't back yet. Do you miss them too?" SinB ask.

"Eung. I miss them too. Can we call them?" Geon asking.

"Sure. Let's call them." SinB said then take out her cellphone from her pocket.

 

 

*video call on*

SinB (waving her hand) : "Hello! Unnie..."

Yerin : "What's up SinB-ah?"

SinB : "Are you still filming?"

Yerin : "Nope. Already finished that hours ago. I'm hanging out with Sooyoung and Hayoung."

SinB : "Will it stil long for you to come home?"

Yerin : "Yeah, I guess so.. why? You want me bring you something to eat?"

SinB : "No. It's not that. I just want to tell you that there's somebody who miss you."

Yerin : "Who? You?"

SinB : "Nope! Not me. A boy..."

Yerin : "A boy?"

SinB shift the camera to Geon, who excitingly waving his hand to greet Yerin who squeal as soon as she look at her nephew.

Yerin : "Geon-aaahhh!! My baby boy!! Yah, Sooyoung-ah, Hayoung-ah, look it's Geon!"

Sooyoung and Hayoung : "Let me see him. Gyaaaa!!! Geon-aaahh!! He already that big! Anyeong Geon-ah!! Remember me, right?!"

 

The three of them (Yerin, Sooyoung, and Hayoung) stuck their faces at each other, cheek to cheek, trying to be on the camera also trying to look at the phone screen at the same time at once. SinB and Geon laughing at how funny the three of them.

 

Geon : "Of course I remember Aunty Joy and Aunty Hayoung. Aunties anyeong!"

Yerin, Sooyoung, and Hayoung : "Gyaaaaa!!!"

Geon : "Aunty Yerin, are you not come home soon?"

Yerin : "You want me to go home now?"

Geon : "Eung."

Yerin : "Okay. I go right now. Bye Sooyoung-ah. Bye Hayoung-ah."

Sooyoung, and Hayoung : "Yahh!! Take me with you! I want to meet Geon too."

Yerin : "Is Sohyun there too?"

Geon : "Eung. But she's sleeping."

Yerin, Sooyoung, and Hayoung : "Gyaaaa!!! Sohyun-ie!!"

Yerin : "Bye girls!"

Sooyoung, and Hayoung : "Yahh!! Yerin-ah take me with you. Ye-..."

"End of video call*

 

SinB and Geon giggling at how funny those three girls.

Umji back with a bowl of ice cream for Geon who accept it cheerfully.

 

"Should we call the vocal couple too?" SinB offering.

Geon nod, "Yeah, let's call them too!"

 

*video call on*

Eunha : "Hello. What's up SinB-ah?"

SinB : "Are you not gonna come home soon?"

Eunha : "Yeah, I guess so. Why?"

SinB shift the camera to Geon, who excitingly waving his hand to greet Eunha who also squeal as soon as she look at her nephew.

Eunha : "Geon-ah anyeong!"

Geon : "Aunty Eunha Anyeong!"

 

Eunha showing her phone screen to her roommate, Yuju is inside the recording room, in the middle of vocal taking process, is squealing as soon as she look at Geon who waving at her. It causing PD-Nim scold her, "Yah! Choi Yuna! Focus!!"

"Oh, I'm sorry PD-Nim." Yuju begging and bowing repetedly, but when she shift to look back at Geon, she squeal again. "Can I take a break?" 

PD-Nim scoffs, but then nod, eventhough a bit upset.

Yuju dashing out from the recording room to join Eunha on the couch, they squealing and giggling.

 

Geon : "Aunties, when you gonna come home?"

Eunha : "We really can't come home soon. Sorry..."

Yuju : "We still have lot of parts to record."

Geon : "So, I wouldn't see you tonight?" (Pouting)

Eunha & Yuju : "Aaawww~...! We're so sorry, Geon-ah. We also really want to see you and Sohyun.'

Geon : "It's been pretty long time since I met you, Aunties. You two have been so busy lately."

Eunha : "Yeah, we know. We miss you too, Geon-ah."

 

Eunha turn to look her roommate, "Should we go home now?"

Yuju pouting, "I wish I can. I really wish we can. But we can't..."

Then both of them deeply sigh.

 

Yuju : "Why don't you and Sohyun-ie sleep over on our dorm..  so tomorrow morning we can see you."

SinB & Umji : "Yeah, that's great idea. Okay, Geon-ah?"

Geon : "Mommy should sleep over here also..."

SinB : "Yeah, we'll talk to her later."

Umji : "But... will Hyung-boo agree to this?"

SinB : "I will force him to agree if I have to..."

Eunha, Yuju, & Umji laugh.

 

Eunha : "Okay then... see you tomorrow, Geon-ah."

Yuju : "Anyeong!"

Geon : "Anyeong Aunties!"

*end of video call*

 

 

Later...

"WHAAAAAA...!! WHAAAAA`...!" Sohyun cry loudly.

Umji dashing out from the kitchen, at the same time SinB dashing out from the toilet.

"What happened?" Both maknaes questioning at the same time.

"I thought you were here?! You supposed to be here!!" Again, both maknaes questioning at the same time while pointing each other.

Geon somehow look guilty. He rubbing Sohyun's head, "I accidently hit Sohyun's head with my toys."

"Oh Dear... Sohyun-ie, Sweety... come to Aunty Yewon." Umji said as she quickly scoop up Sohyun, trying her best to wooing her. While SinB busy fumbling to put back properly her pants. She has the serious face --- frown forehead, pouting lips, and forwarding her below jaw --- that she used to have everytime her hands focus doing something.

"I was on the kitchen washing the dishes, remember? We had deal that you the one who paid our dinner delivery service, and me who wash the dishes. Because you prefer to sitting them." Umji said. "So you who supposed to be here."

"I just left for a while for the toilet. Since I couldn't held it any longer." SinB grinning sheepishly.

 

Umji sigh, "SinB-ah, why don't you make a warm milk for calming Sohyun?" Umji suggestion.

"Yeah, yeah, okay... wait up a bit. Let me properly put back on my pants first." SinB stil fumbling with her button pants. But then suddenly...

"Oh geez... I haven't flush the toilet yet." Then SinB dashing back to toilet.

"Eeeuuuwww~...!" Umji shrieking her disgust.

 

 

After a while... at Unnie line's room.

Sohyun finally fell asleep on Umji's embrace after finished her milk. Umji staring at Sohyun's bruise temple by the accident just now. She already applied an ointment to relieve swelling and bruises on it, but somehow it can't reduce Umji's regret by seeing that.

 

"I'm so sorry... I didn't meant to hurt her..."

 

Umji turn to look at her nephew. Geon look sad and feeling guilty, he sitting on the floor, leaning on to the wall, holding his knees, far apart from where Umji and Sohyun.

"Ooh.. Geon-ah, I know you never want to hurt Sohyun-ie. I know very well that you love your sister a lot. She's okay. Don't worry. The bruises will heal soon." Umji trying to reassuring with soothing smile. She trying to forget her own regret to comforting her nephew. Umji scolding herself that she forget that she also have to managing Geon's feeling, since she too focus on treating Sohyun.

"Really? Sohyun-ie will be okay, right Aunty Yewon?" That little boy still asking. The sad still there on his face.

Umji nod, "Yes. Sohyun-ie is fine." Umji smile, "Come here... see her by yourself."

Geon get up, he come closer, Umji then sit on the side of Sowon's bed, lowering Sohyun, so Geon can peek his little sister. He carefully peck Sohyun's blue bruises.

 

"Oppa so sorry, Sohyun-ah. Geon Oppa love you."

 

Umji smile at the heartwarming scene that just happened right in front of her eyes.

 

 

 

"I'm home! Geon-ah! Sohyun-ie!"

There's Yerin's voice calling.

"You hear that? It's Aunty Yerin. She's back. Go to greet her!" Umji trying to distract Geon's sadness.

Geon's eyes wider, there's smile that forming on his face. He nod, then dashing out the room to greet her Aunty.

 

"Aunty Yerin, you're back!"

He run to her then excitingly jump to hug Yerin who also excited to see him and ready to catch him. She swing him few rounds. They giggling happily.

 

After a while, SinB and Umji secretly tell Yerin about the accident. It makes Yerin also worry and regret, but she trying her best to not show it to Geon, worry if that makes that little boy sad again. They playing together mischievously, to make Geon forget/distract his guilt.

After they play for quite a while it seems Geon already calm, that little boy back to how he used to be. He able to smile and laugh cheerfully, even teasing his aunties. Yerin, SinB, and Umji glad, thought that they doing great sitting their nephew.

 

Yerin just back to the living room after had a drink on the kitchen, she shriek when she find nobody there.

"Yah!! Where's Geon?!"

SinB dashing out from the kitchen, with mouth full of food. Scanning the whole living room.

"Umji-aaahhh!!"

Umji come out from the toilet, "What?"

"Where's Geon?"

Umji naturally also scanning the whole living room, "He supposed to be with you. I told you that I have to go to the toilet, 5 minutes ago."

Yerin and SinB look at each other, silently blaming each other.

 

But Umji is calm enough to think straight, she go the Yerin's/unnie line room, open the door, then there he is, she find it. Geon is sleeping on his mom's bed, curling right next to his little sister.

"He's right there."

Yerin and SinB quickly go closer to peep inside the room.

 

After they close back the door, the three of them flopped on the couch. Suddenly feel exhausted.

"Wow! Sitting babies is tiring." SinB whine.

"Yeah, how Sowon Unnie did all this, plus lead us, also did her personal activities, and being Mrs. CEO as Hyung-boo's wife. So many things that she has to take care of. How tired she must be..." Yerin counting.

"Sowon Unnie indeed worth become my role model. I'm proud of her." Umji said.

 

The three of them almost fall asleep, when suddenly there's sound of the door open.

"Kids, I'm back!"

It's Sowon's voice.

Yerin, SinB, and Umji yelped.

 

"Oh, hi girls! Did I wake you up? Sorry... you must be very tired." Sowon said with concern.

"No. We're not sleeping." SinB tell.

"Really?" Sowon doubting.

"Yeah. We are indeed sleepy, but we're not sleep yet..." Umji add.

"Okay." Sowon chuckle.

"And for my beloved Cheojes, I bring snacks for you." Hyun said as he lift the food bags.

"Yeeeaaayyy!!" Yerin, SinB, and Umji quickly get the bags from their Hyung-boo.

 

"By the way, Unnie... you look gorgeous and elegant tonight." Yerin compliment while munching her snacks.

Sowon smile, "Just tonight?"

"Of course you always... but tonight especially. It's like you going to red carpet." Yerin add.

"To me, her look is always worth to walk on red carpet." Hyun said as he steal a peck on his wife's lips, that successfully makes her Cheojes squeal.

 

"Mommy..."

Suddenly there's Geon's voice

 

"Son.. come here, Boy." Sowon reach out her arms to her son who look still sleepy, he cutely rubbing his eyes.

For their surprise, Geon suddenly start to cry as he walk to his Mom. Sowon scoop him up and hold him on her embrace.

"Hey, why you suddenly crying? Did you had nightmare?" She ask in soothing tone.

"No. Mommy, I'm sorry... whhaaaaa!! Whaaa!!"

"Why you sorry?"

"I accidently hit Sohyun-ie's head with my toy. I'm sowwyyy~...!!"

"Oh.." Sowon a bit taken aback by heard it. She glance to her dongsaengs. They also look regret.

"Sohyun-ie's head turn from red to blue. It must be hurt. I'm sowwyyy~... whaaa..!!" Geon keep explain between his cry.

"It's an accident, right Son? You didn't meant to hit your little sister purposely, right?" Hyun ask.

"Yes. It's an accident. I'm sowwyyy, Daddy. You not gonna mad at me, right?" Geon pleading. He look pity.

"Let me check on Sohyun-ie." Sowon said then suddenly give her son to her husband, who nimbly take over. Then she go to her room.

 

Sowon eyes is like scanning at her little daughter's body. Check on every details. She find the bruise on Sohyun-ie's temple. It makes her heart as if being twisted. It hurt her and make her suffocating. She having the urge to cry.

 

Oh.. my baby girl.

She still so small and young.

She even can't yet to talk to tell how hurt it must be.

It must be hurt....

She's bruising...

I'm her mother, the person who should be here to took care of her. But instead I'm at that party...

What kind of mother I am, partying while my baby got an accident.

 

Sowon feel a hand touch her shoulder, and gently squish it. She doesn't even have to see who that hand belongs to, she know very well how her husband touch.

"Don't blame yourself. It's an accident. It just a small bruise. Don't worry. It will be heal quickly." Hyun's calm and gentle tone, gradually soothing Sowon's regret.

Hyun bend to whisper on his wife's ear, "Don't let Geon see your sad face. It might gonna make him become more sorry. He already feeling guilty."

Sowon nod.

 

Sowon carefully take her baby girl into her embrace.

"Are you gonna take them back home with you, Unnie? Don't you think that it's better to sleep over here?" Yerin ask.

"I better go home and take them with me. All of you must be already tired and need peaceful rest." Sowon said.

"No. We're fine. We love having you all here with us." SinB said.

"I have works to do, check on presentation brief for tomorrow meeting. The documents is on my laptop at home, so I have to go home." Hyun's excuse.

"I better not let your Hyung-boo working too much. There's nobody else on the house who brave enough to intervere him on his working room, except me, to tell him that he need to sleep. So I need to go home too. Sorry." Sowon also giving excuse.

Yerin, SinB, and Umji pout. Unpleased.

 

"I'll stay here with Aunties." Suddenly Geon said that.

Everybody look at him, surprised.

"Are you sure, Son?" Hyun ask.

Geon nod, "Eung."

 

So then, Sowon and Hyun let Geon sleep over at GFriend dorm, but they take Sohyun home.

 

 

"Geon-ah, who you want to sleep with?" Yerin, SinB, and Umji ask with hopeful eyes.

"Uhmm.. can we sleep together?" Geon ask back.

"Together?"

"Eung. At the living room, using mattress. Can we do that? Please..." Geon pleading.

Yerin, SinB, and Umji look at each other.

"Okay!"

 

 

Later...

They laying next to each other. SinB and Umji are arguing who gonna right next Geon, because Yerin already place herself right next to Geon, so there just 1 more person who can lay next to him. Both maknaes refuse to back off. They decide that they should try with 'rock-paper-scissor' way in three rounds. Geon and Yerin excitingly watching how mischievous their maknaes fighting.

The first round win by SinB.

The second round win by Umji.

The third round win by....

 

Yerin suddenly said, "I'll back off. I'll let you both right next Geon. Since both of you were working hard sitting them since evening."

"Thank you, Yerin Unnie!" Both maknaes throw themself to hug Yerin.

Yerin is shrieking to get attacked by maknaes, she curled and hug Geon. In the end the four of them become a huge 'ball' while hugging into each other. They even rolling for more than a meter. Yerin and Geon who sit on the matress, their position change almost a round, their heads almost on the floor and their feet are on the above. While SinB is poorly stucked on the bottom and Umji is on top of them all, wrapping her arms on them. They giggling and laughing happily.

 

 

After a while, they laying calmly on the mattress, the lamp is already in dim.

"Geon-ah, why you asked to sleep together here? Are you feeling lonely?" Umji carefully ask.

"Eung." Geon shortly answer.

"Why you not go home with your family?" SinB ask too.

"I'm scared." Geon said, almost can't be heard.

"Scared of what?" SinB ask again.

"Scared that I might hurt Sohyun-ie again. I better stay away from her. So she safe."

It somehow breaks his aunties heart to hear his answer.

Umji feeling there's lump on , and it's hurt. She then twine Geon small body into her embrace, as she snuggle her head close to Geon's head. "Geon-ah, don't say that. You are good Oppa. You love Sohyun very much. Everybody know that. The bruise on Sohyun's temple was not your purpose. That's why it called accident. Don't be to hard on yourself. Just make sure you become more careful next time, okay Sweety?"

Geon nod, "Yes, Aunty Umji. I'll be careful next time."

"So tomorrow when you meet Sohyun again, hug her and tell you love her and will try your best to become better Oppa for her. Okay?" SinB add.

"Yes. I will do that, Aunty SinB." Geon's voice getting more normal.

"And next time be more careful when ever you do anything. Be safe for your own sake also other people. Don't recklessly swing or throw your toys, okay Geon-ah?" Yerin join to advice.

"Okay, Aunty Yerin." Geon obidiently answer.

 

 

Few hours later...

Eunha and Yuju finally back to their dorm. They suprised when they found their members and their nephew sleeping together on the living room. They quickly clean theirselves and change to pyjamas then join to sleep on the living room. They don't want to missed another chance to bond.

 

 

 

 

In the morning...

It's still early in the morning, the girls and Geon still soundly sleep at the living room. Their neat position last night change become disordered. Yuju and Eunha sprawling on the couch. Their each head on the opposite side of the couch, but their legs are overlapping, Yuna's arm hanging down into the floor. The most messy are the beagle girls, Yerin's arms are stretched to left and to the right, it crossing over SinB's forehead, while SinB's arm are stretched up over her head, so it's above Yerin's arm that on her forehead, maybe that's why it feel pretty much pressuring SinB's head, no wonder SinB has frown and pouting even in her sleep. SinB's leg over Yerin's stomach, and other her leg is being clamped between Yerin's legs. Those two girls maybe having dream wrestling with each other. Fortunately Geon is safe in Umji's embrace on the very side of the mattress, a bit apart from the others, warm and comfortable tucked in blanket.

 

Suddenly there's sound notification of the door being open.

Turns out... it Sowon and Sohyun. Sowon chuckle as soon as she look at how messy her dongsaengs way to sleep, and feel glad when she look that her son is safe and sound in maknae's embrace.

 

Sowon put Sohyun's baby basket-carrier on the kitchen table. Sohyun is sleeping. So Sowon decide that she better start doing her plan, to make breakfast for her members, she hope she can finished it right on time they wake up later.

 

 

Finished.

But their dorm is still in silence. They sleep too deep. Sowon is washing her hand when she heard her baby girl's babbling inside the carrier, it sounds adorable, it makes her smile. After she wipe he hand using napkin, Sowon open the carrier cover, then there she is, Sohyun-ie, her baby girl giggle as soon as she look at her mother.

 

"Sohyun-ie... sweety, do you miss your Oppa? He still sleeping though... let's wake him up. Okay, Sweety..." then Sowon take out her baby girl from her carrier. Sowon still can see bruise on Sohyun's temple. It's not too noticable actually, but Sowon still clearly see it as her mother. But Sohyun-ie seems doesn't mind, she not in pain, she got no fever, she's fine and Sowon is truly grateful for that.

Sowon open the kitchen door, bring Sohyun out to get closer to her Oppa. Sowon staring at her son who still in deep sleep in Umji's embrace. She feel a lump form in , she remember how sad Geon's face, his regret voice, how he apologized, how he plead to his Daddy to not mad at him, and how he said that he want to stay with her aunties, the way he wave goodbye to her last night. Sowon tears streaming. Last night she's too worry about Sohyun, that makes her awareness about her son was lessen. She feel guilty now.

Sowon wipe her tears away, when Sohyun is excitedly reach out her hand also bend down try to touch her older brother while babbling.

"You miss Geon Oppa? Okay, Mommy will take you to him. Wake him gently, okay Sweety?" Sowon said then kneel on the mattress, between Geon and SinB, then put down her baby girl on the mattress.

Sohyun naturally, crawl closer to her Oppa, her small hand reach out to him, touch Geon ear, shift to his cheek. Then all of sudden she slap him while babbling, maybe she intended to just tap but since she hasn't selfcontrol yet it turns to a slap.

 

"Ouch!" Geon groaning. Then open his eyes and turn around his body. He about to cry, tears are forming in his eyes, but when he look that his Mommy and his little sister are there and smile to him, he cancel his attempt to cry. Instead a wide smile forming on his face.

 

"Sohyun-ie! Mommy! You are here!" He shout excitingly.

 

Umji awaken by Geon's shout. She cutely rubbing her sleepy eyes. While Yerin and SinB also start to wriggling.

Yerin sniffling the air. "Smell of food... seems delicious..." she mumbling still closing her eyes.

"I'm hungry~..." SinB grumbling.

 

Sowon chuckle, "Then wake up! Breakfast is ready!" She shout.

Yerin and SinB officially open their eyes as soon as they heard the announcement.

 

"Sohyun-ie, are you okay, Sist? Geon Oppa really sorry about last night. Oppa didn't meant to hurt you." Geon said while check on Sohyun's temple.

Sowon smile by heard that, "Geon Oppa love Sohyun-ie, right?"

Geon nod, "I'll be more careful next time, Mommy. I promise. I won't hurt Sohyun ever again. I will take good care of her."

Sowon nod and smile, "Good boy. Sohyun is very lucky to have Geon Oppa."

Geon smile.

"Come here, Son, let Mommy hug you." Sowon beg.

Geon get up to hug his Mom. Yerin, SinB, and Umji watching that heartwarming scene in front of them with smile.

 

Suddenly...

PAKK!!

"Ouch!" Yuju got slapped right on the face by Sohyun-ie.

That baby girl already crawling to the couch to wake her 97 line aunties.

Yuju yelped then clumsily tumbling into the floor, "Ouch~... is there an earthquakes? Why everything seems shaking?" She innocently ask, it makes everyone who already wake up laugh at her slapstick.

Sohyun excitingly clapping her hands. Then crawl to Eunha who amazingly still sleeping even after those crowdness that just happened. Then...

 

PAKK!

"..."

PAKK! PAAKK!!

"Eugh~... Yuna-yah sleep calmly, please..." Eunha just mumbling, then turn around her body and pull the blanket covering her head.

But Sohyun is persevere baby. She seems also inherit her parents persevere character as much as her brother too. She grab the very side of the couch, pull her body up, she turn to kneel position. Her hand is trying to reach out, but still too short to touch Eunha. Suprisingly she turn her feet on the floor, then pull up herself. And voilà!! ...

 

She standing on her feet, while keep grabbing the couch to balancing.

 

Sowon, Yerin, Yuju, SinB, Umji, and Geon gasp at the same time, witnessing the first stand by Sohyun by her own feet by herself. It's overwhelming.

 

Sohyun wobblingly stand, but she seems still challenged to reach and wake her Aunty Eunha up. She trying to reach out her hand to Eunha once more, she get Eunha's strands of hair, Sohyun grab it. The audience (Sowon, Yerin, Yuju, SinB, Umji, and Geon) are gasping again, they about to stop her next plan, but it's too late...

Sohyun already grab Eunha's hair then she pulls it hard.

 

"OOUUUCCHHH!!!"

Eunha jolted to sitting position, touching her head. While Sohyun who yelped by Eunha's sudden and loud groan fall back on her , that baby girl start to sob then gradually become a cry, a loud cry.

Sowon quickly get up to scoop her baby up into her embrace, trying to soothe her. While Yerin, Yuju, SinB, Umji, and Geon are laughing out loud. And Eunha is rubbing her pain head, clueless on what just happened to her and why people are laughing while Sohyun is crying.