Chapter 3 : Enchanting Bangs

Ridicoulous Series's One Shots

Sowon just having new hair cut for GFriend's next comeback for their 9th album 'Sunny Summer'. She having a bangs! And Hyun is surprise when he see it for the first time.

 

*****

 

That day...

Hyun just enter the hair salon which his wife and her members used to come. He goes there to pick their children up, because Sojung can't take them along with her because she need to go to GFriend's upcoming music video making and jacket album photoshoot, since it gonna busy and tiring that's why they think that the children better to not go along with her.

Hyun actually pretty familiar with his wife's working places and people who work along with her, including that hair salon and the staffs, but for politeness Hyun still ask the salon recepcionist, where his wife is, then he's been told that they are upstairs, so then Hyun go upstairs. As soon as Hyun show up on the upstairs, his children welcoming him cheerfully.

 

"Daddy!!" Geon, their son quickly jump down from SinB's lap to run for her Daddy. While their baby daughter, Sohyun, seems don't want to loose from her older brother, she babbling and giggling noisily while crawling with all her might to her Daddy. Hyun immediately squats to greet his children, then scoop up and hold both of them at once on her arms. They having sweet bonding time and just got interrupted when Sojung get up from her chair after the hairstylish just finished his work on her and remove her cover, then when she turn around to greet her husband, her new appearance makes Hyun as struck by lightning (*sorry for exagerate^^).

 

"Oppa, you're here..." Sojung greet her husband with cheerful voice and bright smile.

 

Oh my God.... how God is so good so that He bless so much by giving me a goddess as wife...

Hyun thought inside, while dropping his jaw as he staring at his wife who walk toward him.

 

"Oppa"

"..."

"Oppa, how's my new hair? Do you like it?"

"..."

"Oppa, are you dislike it?"

"..."

"Oppa, say something!"

"..."

 

Umji interrupting, "Seems your husband having wifestruck for I don't know how many times now, Unnie." Everybody who hear that, laughing.

Sojung turn to look at everyone else then back to her husband who still staring at her.

 

"Mommy, you look beautiful. I like your new hair." Geon says, bring Sowon to beam a smile.

"Really? You like it, Son?"

Geon nod excitingly. Then Sowon reach out to take her son from her husband's arm, while Hyun still staring at her and seems not aware of his surrounding.

 

"OPPA!!"

Sojung slap her husband's arm, successfully bring him back to his sanity.

"Ouch! What that's for?" Hyun protest.

"For ignoring me!"

"What? How could I ignored you?"

"You did it. You were not respond when I'm talking to you."

"What're you talking about?"

"See... you even not heard my words."

"Sorry... but you just blow me away..."

"(Sigh) How can you even blame me for your ignorance. I'm the victim here. It's me that you've been ignored to."

"No. I'm not blame you, Honey. It's just... gosh... you're beautiful... how can you be this gorgeous?" Hyun said with emotionally voice, that somehow bring a smile back on Sojung's face.

 

"Argh! Stop it Hyung-boo!! Your exageration gonna make me puke in a moment.." suddenly SinB savagely protest.

Hyun turn his face to look at SinB, "I am just being sincere, SinB-ah. Really."

"Yeah... yeah... we've heard that for many times." SinB said while roll her eyes irritatingly.

"Wow! You have new hair color too!... right?" Hyun exclaim, trying to sound excited, but then frown in doubt.

"Yeah... yeah... nice try, Hyung-boo." SinB said while roll her eyes irritatingly, again.

Then Hyun turn to see at his other Cheojes, then frown, "Hey, there's something different on your each look..." but just got a very cold respond from the girls.

"I bet you won't never figure out what's different on us than before. Do you?" Umji said cynicly.

"How'd you know that? Indeed I feel something different on all of you, but I don't know exactly what is it." Hyun ask in surprise. That makes his Cheojes sigh deeply, while the staffs are laughing.

"Even at me too? You can't sense what different on me than before?" Sowon testing.

"You got bangs." Hyun said quickly, that makes Sowon beam a satisfied smile. While the other members become even more pout.

"Hyung-boo just care about his wife." Yuju sulky said, that got nods from the other members.

"Hey, don't say that... I love you all, girls. You are my lovely Cheojes. I will not trade you with anything." Hyun trying to console his sulking cheojes, but just got scoffs from them.

 

 

But then something weird happen...

When Sowon pick up her baby daughter from her husband's arms, that baby is gawking at her mom, then look around seems confuse and looking for someone/something, then start to cry loudly. Her short arms are flapping and trying to reach out and seems trying to escape from Sowon's arms. Hyun take his baby back with him, then Sohyun gradually calm.

 

It's odd. Everybody in that room are wonder. Sohyun never do that before. Thay baby used to love stay in her Mommy's arms.

 

Sowon frown and pout, "What's wrong with her?" Then Sowon trying to get Sohyun's attention, but as soon as that baby look her, Sohyun start to cry then drown her face on her Daddy's chest. Seems doesn't want to see Sowon.

"Sohyun-ah, what's wrong baby?" Then when Sowon trying to take her, Sohyun crying louder and gripping her Daddy's shirt and doesn't want to let go. It confuse everybody.

"Uhmm... She seems not recognize you, Unnie..." Yuju guess.

"What? It can't be..." Sowon objected. "Sohyun-ah~... baby... this is Mommy, Sweety..." Sowon trying to wooing her baby.

Hearing her Mommy's voice, it makes Sohyun turn her face, but then when she look at Sowon, that baby is crying again and back to hide her face on her Daddy's chest.

 

"Hey! Why don't we test it...?" Umji suddenly say.

"Test? What test?" Eunha questioning.

"Among us, is just me who not change style. My look is just as same as before. Let me try approach Sohyun..." then that Maknae calls her niece, makes Sohyun turn to look at her, then when Umji reach out her hands offering to pick her, that baby is willingly, then even gradually calmer in Umji's arms.

Umji smilling in satisfaction, "Then it means it's true that Sohyun-ie is not revognize you with your new bangs, Unnie. Try to arrange or hide your bangs to look like your former hair style, then try to approach her again."

By hearing that, Sowon quickly go to the mirror then do what Umji's idea. Then when she trying to approach her baby again, Sohyun quickly reach out her hands to her as soon as she see her and smile. And stay calm and happy when Sowon take her into her arms. Everybody sigh in relieve.

"See... I'm right." Umji proclaims.

"Maknae-ah, you are genius." Yerin pull the maknae into her hug then pouring her with kisses, that makes Maknae protest and trying to escape.

"Unnie~... enough~...!"

 

"So then... what we should do to make her accept me with my bangs?" Sowon ask.

"Uhmmm... why don't we train her?" Umji said while still trying to keep away Yerin's face from her.

"Train? How?" Eunha ask.

"I notice that everytime you feed her, by feed or milk bottle, Sohyun used to love to staring at you, right Unnie?" Umji said. Sowon nod.

"So... later, when you feed her, while she in peace staring at you, try to reveil your bangs to her, bit by bit. So she can see your changes, learn to accept it and recognize you in your new look as her same Mom. How do you think?"

"I think that's great idea. Let's try it." SinB respond excitedly.

 

Later, they trying Umji's idea, and it's work. Sohyun can accept it smoothly. Everybody sigh in relieve.

 

*****

 

Even after pretty while, Hyun is keep staring at his wife, and everyone are aware of that. Yerin is having an urge to Hyung-boo, so then she moves to block Hyun's sight at Sowon. Yerin purposely walk back and forth and the very last she spread a blanket and lift it up by her arms, perfectly blocked Sowon appearance from Hyun's sight. And it works... Hyun frown then snap back to reality.

 

"Yerin-aaahhh!!" Hyun protest, while Yerin laughing.

 

"Move away!" Hyun command Yerin.

"Uh'uh... I'm not moving~..." Yerin mocking, showing her tongue and dancing silly.

"Then you will never got even a piece of snack that I bring next time. Forever!" Hyun warn.

Yerin gasp, "Okay, okay... I'm sorry. I'll move away right now. Spare me Hyung-boo~..." then she quickly move away and bring her blanket along.

 

 

Next day, in the evening on video music making location...

Hyun enter the location. He undoubtfully looks like hot daddy. He still wearing a suit, because he went from his office, on his shoulders there Sohyun on baby carrier, his right hand is holding Geon, while his left hand carrying bags of snacks.

As soon as he in the shooting location, he scanning the place, looking for his wife. And there she is... lovely as usual. Sowon is shooting a 'grape snacking' scene with SinB. Hyun staring at his wife. Fascinated on how Sowon's fringe of bangs moving naturally blown by the air.

 

"Mommy!" Geon call out.

Sowon turn to look at Geon then cheerfully wave her hand to her son. "Wait up, Geon-ah, Mommy have to finish this."

"Okay, Mommy." Geon obidiently answer.

Hyun and Sowon having a glance and a smile to each other. Hyun mouthing 'I miss you' to his wife, then Sowon reply by mouthing 'me too'.

 

"Hello~.. we are in the middle of work here... stop your lovey dovey now, before wrecking my mood." SinB sneer savagely, but just got a chuckle from Sowon.

 

After finished her scene, Sowon go to her family. Geon is playing with Yuju and Umji, SinB then also join them and replace Umji's spot, because Umji have to go to shoot her scene part. While Sohyun is babbling along with Eunha while in Yerin's arm. So that chance is use by Hyun to drag his wife to secluded corner.

He pushed Sojung to lean to the wall, then rushing to kiss her lips passionately. When they brake their kiss, Sojung breathless gasping for air.

"I miss you so much. You know I hate to spent my night without you... please don't leave me too long." Hyun begging in hoarse voice, trying to compose himself. But he seems failed because then he urgely smooching Sojung's neck while his hand roaming touching Sojung's slim waist skin, since Sowon's outfit is crop top it very advantageable for him to do that.

"Oppa, we shouldn't do this... here... right now... somebody might caught us. Also.. you can't left hickeys on me at time like this... it gonna shown on the music video and the photos." Sojung try to remind, while she actually also having hard time to keep her sanity when her husband is doing those amazing things on her.

 

"AARRGHHH!! For God's sake!! Geezz!!" suddenly there're shocking shrieks.

 

There are SinB and Umji who caught them off guard. Umji quickly turn around to avoid to see more 'adult scene', but Sowon fast enough to caught Maknae's blushing face. But SinB is bold enough turn around back to face them eventhough also blushing (*or maybe her face is red because her anger... ^^). With hands on her hips, that second maknae is savagely scolding her elders.

"For goodness's sake, get a room!! There're children here. And these pure maknaes who shouldn't see too much 'rated scene' yet. Be resposible adults, will you!! Geezz!"

 

Sowon feel her face become so hot, due to embarrassment.

"Oppa, let me go. I've told you to not did this..."

Then Hyun reluctantly let his wife go with deep sigh. He glare to SinB.

"What?! It's your fault." SinB bravely protest.

"Yeah, yeah..." then Hyun dearly pat Umji's head, "Sorry, Yewon-ah."

"You not sorry to me?! I'm maknae too!" SinB protest again.

"Sorry, SinB." Hyun said with witty smirk and SinB just scoffs him.

 

 

 

Later...

Sowon is having break time, since it other members turn to shoot their scene part. She just gave Sohyun feed, then both of them are cuddling sleeping on the couch. Geon is big enough to play around with people there, he loves watching his aunties working and he has interest to filming tools. While Hyun is busy on the phone doing his work.

 

"Daddy, where's Mommy?" Suddenly Hyun feel Geon pulling his hand. He turn to face his son, then put away his phone to answer, "She's right there, on the couch with your sister, Geon-ah."

Geon turn to see where his Daddy point to, but then he pulling Hyun's hand again, "Daddy, I need to go to the toilet."

Hyun then walk his son to the toilet, while keep talking on the phone at the same time. After a while, Geon come out from the toilet in glad face.

"Daddy, can I have a warm milk?"

Hyun nod, then they go to where their bag is. Hyun pour warm milk from the thermos that he prepared, then give it to his son who accept it gratefully then drink it. Geon give back the empty glass to his Daddy, then yawn.

"Go to sleep, Son." Hyun said after put away his phone.

"I want to sleep with Mommy." Geon said, then start to rubbing his eyes, his natural sign when he sleepy.

 

Hyun nod, then he walk his son to couch where Sojung and Sohyun sleeping. Geon climb the couch, then pick a place next to his sister.

"Mommy, I want to sleep with you too." He said in a bit whinny tone.

Sojung wriggle, then open her eyes to look at her son. She smile motherly, "Come here, Son. Come to Mommy. But be careful to not fall on your baby sister."

Geon nod. Before he lay down, he bend to peck his mommy's cheek, "Goodnight, Mommy. I love you."

"Goodnight, Son. I love you too." Sowon said in return.

Then Geon carefully peck his sister's cheek too and wish her a sweet dream. Then he reach his arms to his Daddy who still busy talking on the phone, but Hyun manage to bend to let his Son peck his cheek, "Goodnight, Daddy. I love you."

"Goodnight, Son. I love you too. Sleep well." Hyun said in return while keep away his cell phone. But then he go to finished his bussiness phone call on the outside, after Geon lay on the couch to sleep.

After finished his phone call, Hyun go to see his wife's doing, and he can't help to proudly smile to see that his wife eventhough very busy and tired but still able to be a good mom for their children. Seeing Geon and Sohyun sleeping soundly while cuddling to their mom is a heartwarming sight.

 

*****

 

Just few days before Sunny Summer release, GFriend is attending movie premier of 'Maquia : When the Promised Flowers Blossoms' that GFriend become brand ambassador of the movie. That was the first time Sowon's new bangs shown to public, and the respond is very good. Everybody says that she looks good with that bangs, that she upgrade her beauty, and she looks younger and fresh. And after that ocasion, netizens also keep talking about Sowon's new bangs. Even more after the album release, GFriend start to promoting, so the review and the topic about Sowon's bangs even more. Which is good for promotions, but Hyun somehow feel insecure about it, and he can't hold any longer the urge to talk about it with his wife.

 

So then, one day, Hyun is in his office, busy and frowning while looking at his cellphone, turns out it's not about works but he actually browsing about Sowon's bangs topic.

 

 

 

July 22, 2018, at Makdong Fansign

GFriend just finished the fansign event and on a hallway on their way to the parking lot, to their vans, they need to go to their next schedule, when Sowon's phone is ringing. The notification is video call from Hyun. So then she accept the call.

 

Hyun : "Hello-.. Oh wow! Where are you?"

Sowon : "I just finished the fansign event and now on the way to the parking lot. Why you call, Oppa?"

Hyun : "Why?! I can't call my wife?!"

Sowon : "Of course you can call me...(sigh)"

Hyun : "By the way, Honey, did you look like that on the fansign?"

Sowon : "Is there something wrong with my look?"

Hyun : "Did you wear that blue crop top and those cute round glasses also with that kind of curly bangs and ponytail hairstyle?"

Sowon : "Yeah. It's cute, right?"

Hyun : "Exactly. Right. You look adorably cute. So why you look like that?"

 

Sowon rise her eyebrow. Confuse.

 

Sowon : "It looks good, right?"

Hyun : "Right."

Sowon : "So why you asked?"

Hyun : "Why you have to look that cute and gorgeous on the fansign? I bet there's a lot of people there..."

Sowon : "Yeah. Of course. The venue was full."

Hyun : "So WHY you had to looks like that there?"

Sowon : "Oppa... I don't get it... what do you mean of your question?"

 

"AARRRGGGHHHH!!! Stop it Hyung-boo!!" Suddenly SinB interrupting the video call.

Sowon look at SinB in confuse.

"Unnie, do you really clueless about what your husband trying to say?" Umji ask.

"Yeah. I don't get it..." Sowon innocently say.

"Your husband is jealous." Yuju tell.

Sowon tilt her head while frowning. Confuse. "Jealous. Jealous about what? To who? I didn't anything in particular..."

"Yuju means is... Hyung-boo doesn't like you to showed your cute and beauty on the front of other people than him." Eunha explain

 

Hyun : "Correct! My Cheojes indeed are smart."

Hyun shout through the phone.

 

Hearing that, suddenly Sowon turn off the video call. Shocking her members.

 

"Unnie, did you just turn off Hyung-boo's video call?" Yerin ask.

"Yeah." Sowon said shortly and firm.

 

Then Sowon's phone ringing again. It's a call from Hyun again. But Sowon reject it.

 

"You just rejected Hyung-boo's phone call?" Eunha ask in wide eyes.

"Yeah." Sowon said again shortly, firm and cold.

"Why?" Those 5 members ask in unison.

"I don't want to talk about it. When his childish and silly jealousy still dominate him, I refuse to talk to him. It just useless. None any of you become his mediator! Or I will grounded you with dorm works. I'm serious." Sowon sternly warn, makes her members feel shrunk and speachless.

 

*****

 

It happen at particular TV station...

Hyun is on his way to see his wife who at GFriend waiting room. He walk on the hallway and greet somebodies that he know, since he quite often went to anywhere GFriend work, that's why he know some of the staffs and artists. He is just walking casually when suddenly he see 'something' from a far that makes him stare at that 'thing' and distract his focus on his way then cause him bump into a wheel-cabinet of tools and technical stuffs that trampled him, lost his balance then stumbling fall on the floor with the tools also scattered messily all around him. People near quickly help him to stand up.

"Are you okay, Sir?" People ask.

"Ah, yes. I'm okay." Hyun chuckle sheepishly, "I'm so sorry, for messing all this stuffs." Then Hyun quickly help to gather all the scattered stuffs.

"Oppa, what happened? Are you okay?" There's familiar voice that makes Hyun turn his face to look at the voice owner.

 

Whuah... Goddess...♡

The goddess that I just saw, now is right in front of me...

 

Hyun can't help to having that thought while staring at that goddess's face, she helping gather those stuffs from the floor. While the goddess is nearby, Hyun made the most of his opportunity to look at and enjoy the beautiful view before him. That goddess is wearing casual white t-shirt and denim hot pants. Get to look at her thigh at that close is breathtaking. Hyun unconsciously gulp hardly. That goddess has a simple hair bun, it giving Hyun chance to freely look at her long tempting neck. When Hyun back to staring at her face, she look worry, it clearly shows on her eyes, also she has that cute frown on her forehead.^^ And her bangs... oh goodness... it's in normal casual style actually, it just casual bangs that has the longer strands of hair on the side, but no matter how Hyun try to think about it, he really can't figure out how that bangs absolutely fit her and somehow 'framed' that gorgeous face that at that time giving a cute pout at him..

 

Ooh Dear... that red plump moist lips is pouting at me...♡

 

But somehow, those sparkling eyes is looking at him sternly.

 

Hey... she looking at me...

Whuah~...

But... wait a minute... why she look upset at me?

...

This goddess upset to me...

Why?...

What did I do that makes her upset?

...

 

"Oppa!"

 

Whuah! This goddess call me 'Oppa'

 

Hyun can't hold his silly grin.

Suddenly the goddess grab Hyun's hand then pull him along with her, and Hyun is willingly follow her. She take him to a room. When she let go his hand, Hyun can't help to feeling sad and missed the warmness and the gentleness of her hand on him, he even almost whine, fortunately he manage to hold himself. She push him to sit on the couch.

 

"Oppa!"

 

She calls me 'Oppa' again...

Silly grin formed on Hyun's face again.

 

Hyun hear a giggle around him, but he can't stop to just focusing at goddess in front of him.

 

"Hello~... Oppa! You hear me, right?"

The goddess waving her hands in front of Hyun's eyesight, trying to distract him.

 

"Aarrggh! Geez! Oppa, are you lost your mind? Hello~... knock.. knock..." the goddess trying to call him.

"Unnie, it seems Hyung-boo is having a wifestruck again at you."

Hyun heard that comment, feel familiar at that voice too, but he too into the goddess in front of him and choose to ignore the other.

 

PAKK!!

 

Suddenly the goddess cupped Hyun's face. She's to upset, that's why she cupped it hardly. It should be hurt. It meant to be hurt. And fortunately it works. Hyun yelped.

 

"Ouch!!" He groan. His cheeks feel hot and sore sting.

 

"Oppa, do you recognize me?" She ask.

 

Hyun blinks, but after a while he calls "Honey..."

Sowon sigh in relieve, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah... why you ask me that?'

"You just fell. Don't you remember?"

"Did I?... oh yeah... I remember now... it's because I saw a goddess and I couldn't stop to stared at her."

"..."

 

The girls laughing while Sowon is pouting upsetly.

 

"Wait a minute... it's you. Honey, YOU'RE that goddess!" Hyun's eyes wider, he looks shock.

The girls are laughing louder. Yerin laughing really loud on the corner of the room, SinB rolling on the floor, Umji is squating and hitting the floor, Yuju and Eunha laughing while holding their stomach, the other staffs also laughing.

 

 

After a while... back to calm.

Sowon is treating her husband's temple chafed that he got from his fell, a moment ago. While scolding him for his silly accident, for how careless he was, for how ridicoulous he was for not recognized her, stared at her and thought her as goddess.

"How could you called me silly? It's your fault... why you have to be this gorgeous?" Hyun protest.

"Oppa... you already married me for almost 5 years now. We have 2 children already. So how can you be this silly? It's ridicoulous..." Sowon keep on scolding her husband, while at the same time she gently and carefully treating his other scratches.

"... sorry... but you just too gorgeous, Babe..." Hyun desperatedly admit, "Even more your new looks with those cute~ bangs, your 'spell' on me is getting stronger. I just really can't turn away from you."

Sowon scoffs harshly, "So, do I have to look ugly to keep you safe?" She almost upsetly yell at him.

Hyun gasp, "No, no, no!!! How can you said that? After all... you can't look ugly, it's impossible."

 

"EEEEWWWW~~...!!! Stop your exagerated, Hyung-boo!! You gonna makes us puke!" His cheojes protest. "Unnie, educate your husband!! Pleeeaassseeee~...!!" TT

Sowon sigh, "I already tried to educated him all these years..."

 

"My Dear, Husband... please grown up and behave..." TT

 

 

==========================

A.N : sorry for this cringy things. I might have to get the same 'education' as Hyun also.^^