Getting Comfortable Part 2

Will You Pick Me Up? It's Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Woojin got home at around 4 in the morning. They were supposed to be in the company by 6, so he had two options: to prepare early or to sleep until the time. As Woojin entered their dorm, he got surprised because Daniel and Jinyoung were still awake. 

"Oh hyung? Jinyoung? You're up so early... Or staying up late?" Woojin said as he yawned. 

"Woojin-ah, I need your help," Jinyoung said seriously. 

Woojin scratched the back of his head and asked, "Why?"

Jinyoung then showed Woojin an article online entitled:  Fans of PRISTIN seen not cheering for Kyukyung during live performances.

 

Pristin V just finished their schedule. Everyone was on a cheery note except Kyulkyung. She smiled at cameras and was lively during the schedule, but Eunwoo noticed that she loses her smile every now and then. The other members noticed as well but decided to ask Kyulkyung later. When they were all in the car, Eunwoo took a deep breath before asking Kyulkyung, "Kyulkyung-ah, is there something wrong?"

Kyulkyung sighed, and said, "I'm fine, Eunwoo. I... I'm just tired."

Nayoung opened her phone and the first article that she saw: Fans of PRISTIN seen not cheering for Kyukyung during live performances.

"Did you... Did you see the articles today, Kyulkyung-ah?" Nayoung asked. Kyulkyung took a deep breath again and said in a sad, dismissive tone, "It's okay, unnie. I'm fine. I'll just rest."

The rest of the members got curious so they turned their attention to Nayoung. Kyulkyung just leaned on her seat and looked out on the window. I'm doing my best to always promote Pristin... she thought as she closed her eyes and tears started to fall down. 

Suddenly, Kyulkyung's phone rang. She wiped her tears to see clearly who was the one trying to connect a video call. 

Caller ID: Jinyoung-ie

Kyulkyung suddenly sat up straight and fixed herself. 

"Who--" Nayoung was about to ask when Kyulkyung answered her question indirectly.

"Oh, Jinyoung-ie! Why... Why did you call?" Kyulkyung said, trying to sound and look like nothing is bothering her. 

Jinyoung smiled and said, "Noona, are you done with all your schedules?"

Kyulkyung nodded and said, "Eung. Wae?"

Jinyoung gulped and said, "Uhm... Ahh... Didn't Sejeong-sunbaenim told you already?"

Kyulkyung was now confused. She said, "No... What's this about?"

Jinyoung suddenly removed his face from the camera. Kyulkyung heard a whisper that said, "I thought you talked to Sejeong-sunbaenim already!"

Kyulkyung chuckled and said, "I can still hear you, you know."

"Uhm... Would you like to go out and have dinner with me?" Jinyoung said as if he is rapping after he appeared on the camera.

As Kyulkyung looked flustered, and the other Pristin V members gasped, Jinyoung quickly said, "Ani... Daniel-hyung and Sejeong-sunbaenim will be with us!"

Nayoung mouthed to her members, "Sejeong? Daniel?"

Kyulkyung said, "Wait, I will ask--"

"Just go ahead," Nayoung and Pristin's manager said in chorus. 

Kyulkyung then said, "Okay, where should we meet?"

A voice not seen in the camera said, "Jinyoung will fetch you, sunbaenim!"

"Yah! I told you..." Jinyoung said as he unconsciously put down his phone and seemingly tackled someone, based on the sounds. 

Kyulkyung giggled and said, "Jinyoung-ie?"

Jinyoung appeared again on the screen and said, "Mianhe, noona. Someone was being..."

"Just message me when you're by our door, okay?" Kyulkyung said with a smile. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seungwoo stopped by Fantagio after his schedule to get some stuff. As he rummaged through his locker, someone tapped him from the back. When he turned, he was surprised to see Doyeon.

"Do... Doyeon-ah!" Seungwoo said in surprise.

"Oppa! What are you doing here?" Doyeon said excitedly.

Seungwoo scratched his head and said, "I was just getting some stuff... You? Practicing?"

"Yeah... But it's our free time now, most of them went out, but I did not want to tire myself much since I have a recording later tonight," Doyeon said as she sat down on the bench in front of the lockers. 

Seungwoo then said, "Then... Want to hang out for a while?"

Doyeon smiled and put her hands on Seungwoo's. She said excitedly, "Jeongmal? Let's go!"

Seungwoo chuckled and looked at his hands that Doyeon was holding. Doyeon finally noticed what she did and lets go of Seungwoo's hand. "Mianhe, oppa," Doyeon said.

Seungwoo chuckled and said, "Want to grab some snacks?"

Doyeon nodded her head. Seungwoo smiled and went out first. Doyeon put her hands on her chest while following Seungwoo. How come he's so handsome when smiling? Doyeon thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daehwi and Woojin helped Daniel and Jinyoung prepare for the dinner. As the idols left, Daehwi and Woojin sat down on the sofa. Jihoon just arrived from a schedule and asked, "Where are Jinyoung and Daniel-hyung going?"

Daehwi answered, "Going out for dinner."

Jihoon nodded, ignored Woojin, and went into his room. Woojin sighed at the sight of Jihoon. Daehwi said, "How come Jihoon-hyung--"

Woojin cut Daehwi and said, "It's too difficult to explain, Daehwi. There is something that Jihoon is not telling me. He does not tell me the exact reason why he is upset with my friendship with Sohye."

"Hmm... Jealous?" Daehwi inquired.

"Eh? Why would he be? He's my best mate, and Sohye is..." Woojin said, trailing off at the last part of his sentence. 

Daehwi looked at Woojin and pressed him to continue his sentence. "Is...?" Daehwi asked.

Woojin, flustered, said, "A friend also."

Daehwi chuckled and said, "Ja, let me talk to Jihoon-hyung. I might be able to help you.

 

Jinyoung and Daniel separated ways to fetch Kyulkyung and Sejeong, respectively. Jinyoung was quite nervous; it is his first time out this year. Not only that, he will spend it as a dinner with his pick during the first season of Produce 101. Jinyoung then grabbed his phone and opened his kakaotalk.

Jinyoung: Noona, I'm on my way.

Kyulkyung: Kurae. I'll go down now.

Jinyoung: Noona! It will be cold... I'll just fetch you by your dorm.

Kyulkyung: Can you manage a five-minute interrogation?

Jinyoung: Eh?

Kyulkyung: My members are curious as to why we are having dinner...

                  And Nayoung-unnie is more curious how come Sejeong-unnie is coming with us. 

Jinyoung: Ahh... Uhm... What do you prefer, noona?

Kyulkyung: Me? Whichever you're comfortable with...

Jinyoung: Ei... Arasseo. I'll get interrogated.

Kyulkyung: Jinjja? 

Jinyoung: Ne... I'm almost at your dorm...

Jinyoung felt extremely nervous as he locked his phone. He did not know what to say to Kyulkyung's members. How will I say that I just want to comfort her because of the article? Jinyoung thought. His nervousness increased as he saw a group of girls in front of the building of Pristin's dormitory. 

"Aigoo..." Jinyoung muttered under his breath. 

 

Kyulkyung was giggling as she and Jinyoung alighted the taxi. As Jinyoung sighed heavily in relief, Kyulkyung finally laughed. 

"Waeyo??" Jinyoung said in a complaining tone, though he smiled since Kyulkyung is smiling. 

"I'm impressed that you managed to say one sentence. It looked like you were about to pass out!" Kyulkyung said as she continued laughing. 

Jinyoung scratched his head and said, "Ani... I just explained that it is just a dinner, that's all."

Kyulkyung then asked, "All of a sudden?"

Jinyoung then looked at Kyulkyung straight in the eyes, "Are you really okay, noona? I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter