Budding Part 1

Will You Pick Me Up? It's Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woojin and Sohye were having their late night talks over a video call. 

"I'm really worried about Seongwoo-hyung," Woojin said with a sigh.

"Why? What happened?" Sohye inquired.

Woojin told Sohye, "Remember that night we slept on your couch--"

Sohye covered her face and said in an embarrassed voice, "Oh my, Woojin!"

"Hey, we literally just slept," Woojin said with a chuckle. He continued when Sohye was able to get out of her embarrassment. Woojin said, "Seongwoo-hyung decided to give a surprise visit to Doyeon-sunbaenim but, apparently, that surprised Doyeon-sunbaenim so much that it made her upset... Do you think Doyeon-sunbaenim was really upset?"

"Ani. Remember, I got missed calls from her that night? The moment I was able to go contact her back, she told me everything. She did not get upset really... She got confused," Sohye explained.

"Confused about?" Woojin asked further.

"She is confused about being happy to see Seongwoo but worried but him being tired and all," Sohye answered.

Woojin scratched his head. Sohye chuckled and said, "Everyone of us is in dangerous waters, you know."

"Eh?" Woojin asked in confusion.

"Ugh, why are you so cute," Sohye muttered her thoughts aloud, realizing that she did so when Woojin froze in shock.

"Ani... Uhm... But... Oh well, it's true anyway," Sohye concluded in defeat.

Woojin just shrugged and said, "I do not know what gotten into your eyes. Anyway, do you think we can help Seongwoo-hyung and Doyeon-sunbaenim?"

Sohye replied while trying to hold a chuckle, "What gotten into my eyes? You, you snaggletooth you..."

Woojin showed his curled hands and said, "Don't try flirting; you don't do it well babe."

As Woojin said the word babe, he winked at Sohye. Sohye widened her eyes and said, "Yah, I can flirt better than you."

Woojin shook his head while smiling and said, "You did not answer my first question, jagiyah."

"Stop calling me endearments, Park Woojin. I can make your heart flutter with my smile only, so no need for those. Anyway, sure, we can help them," Sohye said as she showed a finger heart to Woojin.

Woojin just shook his head but smiled at Sohye. Don't make fall for you more. I might not be able to stop myself, Woojin thought.

Sohye smiled back. Where will this lead to? Can I still maintain this? Sohye thought. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seongwoo has not been his cheerful self the past days. He would still try to be the mood maker of the group, but everyone notices the down aura Seongwoo has. 

"Seongwoo-yah, are you okay?" Heize, Seongwoo's producer for his unit 'The Heal', asked him during one of their recordings. 

Seongwoo just nodded but said, "Sunbaenim, may I use the restroom for a while?"

Heize nodded. When Seongwoo was out, Heize asked Daehwi, "What's wrong with Seongwoo?"

Daehwi answered, "Girl problem."

Heize tried her best to suppress a gasp. Heize asked, "Really? Do you think I know the girl?"

"Do you know IOI, sunbaenim?" Daehwi asked Heize.

Heize nodded and said, "Which one of them?"

Just then, Seongwoo just came in. Daehwi then changed his word into something related to their album. Seongwoo went into the recording to do his part. 

Though the sand may fall down

And the clock may stop

The memories that we've made together

Will be with you 

By your side

"Seongwoo-yah, you... Seongwoo-yah?" Heize said as she heard muffled crying noises while reading the lyrics. She looked up (Daehwi just returned to the recording studio as he went outside) and she and Daehwi saw Seongwoo who had tears flowing from his eyes. 

"Hyung," Daehwi said as he quickly went into the recording booth and hugged Seongwoo.

"I'm so sorry, sunbaenim... I... I cannot concentrate at the moment," Seongwoo admitted.

Heize nodded and said, "Ja, let's talk about it here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Doyeon has been restless all day. She did not have any schedule for the day; she wanted to have to keep her busy, but instead she had to stay in the dorm and worry about what happened between her and Seongwoo. 

"You know, I have no idea if you are doing breathing exercise for 2 hours already, or you have been sighing for 2 hours already," Yoojung commented as she gave Doyeon some ice cream from their fridge. The two were in the living room.

"I need something to keep myself busy," Doyeon commented.

"You know, sooner or later, you will have to deal with Seongwoo-oppa. Why not think about it now while you still can?" Yoojung commented as she sat down beside Doyeon.

Doyeon just shook her head and opened her phone. "What if I open it to IOI members? Our members cannot say anything actually to help..."

"As if we have dating experience... Ah! Somi! Yeah, try to message the group chat in IOI," Yoojung concluded.

 

----- IOI Group Chat -----

Doyeon: Unniedeul! Yeorobun!!

Sohye: Omo omo! Doyeon-ah~ How are you? How's everyone!

Somi: Annyeong unniedeul!! I have very, very good news to all... Juicy scoops!

Doyeon: Somi-yah...

Nayoung: Don't worry Somi, I have hunches already.

Yeonjung: Omo omo omo... What's the juicy news Somi and Nayoung-unnie?

Doyeon: I'll spill the beans first... I have a problem concerning Ong Seongwoo

Yeonjung: OMO OMO OMO

Kyulkyung: Waahh... Our Doyeon has grown up already

Sejeong: Kyulkyung-ah, she's not the only one right?

Kyulkyung: Of course, unnie. She's NOT the only one who has problems with famous idols...

Chaeyeon: Me too!

Sohye: What do you mean, me too, Chaeyeon-unnie?

Somi: You have to thank me for making IOI and Wanna One introduce themselves to each other. Let me spill the beans.

Yeonjung: Go, Somi!

Yoojung: I thought it was only Doyeon.

Somi: Of course, we have Kim Sohye-sshi and Park Woojin-sshi, the latter having stayed already at the former's place overnight

Sohye: YAH JEON SOMI!!

Doyeon: Oh wow Sohye-ah

Nayoung: Kim Sohye!

Sohye: Yeorobun! Nothing happened! I swear I will not do that! We're not even dating! But...

Somi: We'll get to that in a while. So, we also have Jung Chaeyeon-sshi and Hwang Minhyun-sshi. I am a state witness. 

Chaeyeon: That's the 'me too' for...

Somi: The one that needs our help right now, Kim Doyeon-sshi and Ong Seongwoo-sshi

Doyeon: How come you know this?

Somi: Daehwi. We also have Joo Kyulkyung-sshi and Bae Jinyoung-sshi.

Nayoung: Under my supervision

Kyulkyung: Unnie!

Somi: And last but not the least, the god-couple

Doyeon: Eh?

Yoojung: Seolma... Seolma...

Yeonjung: What? What?!

Somi: That is correct. Kim Sejeong and Kang Daniel!

Doyeon: Omo omo! Kang Daniel! The Kang Daniel?!

Sejeong: Let's talk about your problem, Doyeon-ah

Yeonjung: Waahh... Wait, who is free like right now? I am!

Sohye: Available here

Nayoung: Sorry guys, Kyulkyung and I have practice.

Doyeon: Yoojung and I

Yoojung: Yup, I'm in

Sejeong: I can come after my schedule.

Yeonjung: Whoever can come, should come! I'll text you the cafe that we can all fit!

Chungha: Yaedeul-ah!! I'll join!

----- End of Conversation ------

 

It was a sudden reunion of IOI. Yeonjung an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter