Budding Part 2

Will You Pick Me Up? It's Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Everybody scream!" Somi shouted over the microphone. 

The IOI members, except Nayoung and Kyulkyung, decided to leave Doyeon and Seungwoo and head to a nearby karaoke bar. Sohye suddenly sat down amidst the celebration and sent a message to Woojin.

Sohye: Hey snaggletooth. Doyeon and Seungwoo-sshi are okay now.

Chaekchaek: Hmph. Snaggletooth... Anyway, really? Wow, what happened?

Sohye: They had lunch together.

Sohye: I heard that Seungwoo-sshi's unit stopped recording because Seungwoo-sshi was really bothered.

Chaekchaek: Good... Do you have a schedule now?

Sohye: I'm with the IOI members... I have no schedule later.

Chaekchaek: Ah... What time will you end?

Sohye: Probably this will be until later... Are you free later?

Chaekchaek: Surprisingly yes. Want to hang out later?

Sohye: Sure, pick me up later, ne?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jinyoung was facing back and forth. 

"Ah hyung, I'm getting dizzy," Guanlin complained. 

"I don't know if I made the right decision," Jinyoung said who still did not stop pacing back and forth.

A rather bitter Jihoon said, "It's right. You're not a couple yet, anyway."

Guanlin and Jinyoung looked at Jihoon in shock. "What?" Jihoon asked as he looked away from his two members.

"Hyung, as a member I really like you, but something's off with you for the past few days," Guanlin said in a matter-of-fact tone.

Jinyoung sat down and said, "Tell us. Do you like Woojin on a different level?"

"Mwoyah!" Jihoon said angrily. He stood up and was about to leave, but Guanlin stood up faster and blocked his way. 

Jihoon was trying to push Guanlin away, "Move!"

Guanlin stood his ground and said, "We're your family. You can tell me and Jinyoung-hyung."

Jihoon, sighing in defeat, nodded. "Do not tell anyone else," Jihoon warned. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Seungwoo-oppa never told me these things during our MC breaks," Mina said as the IOI members at the karaoke bar took a break from singing. 

Doyeon, who arrived past noon, said, "He probably knows that we do not hide secrets from each other... Except for pranks and hidden cameras."

Everyone chuckled. The door of their room suddenly opened. The manager said, "I'm sorry but if you would have to extend, even more, you need to pay more."

The members nodded and Sejeong stood up to take care of the payment as the eldest one in the room. 

"Seriously though, five of us are in a 'some' with Wanna One members... Woah," Chungha said in amazement.

"What do you mean, unnie?" Somi asked.

"Somi! You're the one who told us!" Chungha said.

Somi, finally understanding, said, "Ah... That. Well, I'm fine with it, unnie; I'm a Geum-Sa-Pa." (T/N: This is a Korean slang that, when translated into English, means someone who falls in love with someone fast)

Chaeyeon said, "I already like Minhyun-oppa before in Nu'est... It just grew..."

Sohye added, "I think every one of us is being extra careful though."

Chungha agreed and said, "Of course. You are dating Wanna One members, and we are IOI members. This will cause a big issue."

Sohye then asked, "Is it really considered dating? What we are doing?"

Everyone suddenly looked at Sohye. Sejeong, who just arrived and heard the question, answered, "Well, I guess I am. I decided to go with it, whatever I am feeling for Daniel."

"What are you feeling for Daniel-sshi, unnie?" Mina asked.

Sejeong sighed and said, "I have absolutely no idea. I mean... For one thing, I do not see Daniel as a friend only. That's for sure. Love... I guess not yet. And..."

"And?" Everyone else asked.

"And I'm happy. I'm happy whenever when I'm with Daniel," Sejeong said as sincerely as possible. 

Sohye nodded and said, "Somehow...It's the same. Woojin makes everything perfect. Everything feels nice and perfect. There are problems, but he's there and it goes away."

Chungha took a deep breath and said, "Whenever you will need help, our chatroom is always open. Always know that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Minhyun was walking towards a convenience store near their dorm. Busily preparing for their comeback, Minhyun rarely had time to do other things, except for contacting Chaeyeon. Whenever there is time, the two would send messages or have video calls that would last a maximum of an hour, with Chaeyeon always insisting Minhyun should rest. As Minhyun absent-mindedly opened the door of the convenience store, another hand held the same place, making Minhyun hold the hand of the other person.

As Minhyun looked at the person to say sorry, he was rather surprised by the person.

"Oppa!" Chaeyeon greeted brightly. 

Minhyun smiled; his exhaustion being relieved immediately by the sight of Chaeyeon.

"What brings you here?" Minhyun said as he opened the door for Chaeyeon. As the two idols went in, Chaeyeon answered, "I just passed by the store to have some ramyun. I just came back from an IOI reunion but I'm kind of hungry so..."

"Want to eat something quick?" Minhyun invited.

Chaeyeon nodded, and the two headed to the food section. They both chose ramyun and juice and had it prepared. 

They sat down by the far end so that fewer people can see them, though it is actually around 1 in the morning and there are barely people. 

"How come you ended up so late? I heard Woojin and Daniel headed there," Minhyun asked Chaeyeon. 

"Well, they left kind of early. Actually, it's just me, Chungha-unnie, and Somi that stayed a bit late," Chaeyeon explained, suddenly leaning her head on Minhyun's shoulders.

Chaeyeon sighed and said, "Lend your shoulders, will you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter