Budding Part 3

Will You Pick Me Up? It's Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisung, Jinyoung, and Woojin were the first one to have their hair and makeup done for their schedule. Jinyoung used this opportunity to explain to Woojin what he was supposed to tell him last night, which was actually just about 3 hours ago. 

"Are you sure you are supposed to tell me this?" Woojin asked with concern.

"No... But at least maybe you can do the first move and settle things with Jihoon," Jinyoung answered.

Jisung then commented, "Just make sure that Jihoon takes it the good way. Jihoon might get mad at you, Jinyoung."

Jinyoung said with determination, "But I am positive it can help settle things. I know what Woojin feels now that Sohye-sunbaenim is there for him."

"Like Kyulkyung-sunbaenim to you?" Jisung asked with a teasing tone.

"Why did it go to me now?" Jinyoung defended himself.

Woojin chuckled and said, "I'll try to talk to Jihoon later. Let's hope he listens... Though I have no idea what to say."

Woojin's phone suddenly ting-ed. 

Penguin-nim: Are you awake, snaggletooth?

Woojin scoffed at the message but smiled.

Chaekchaek: I'm already at the hair shop. We have an early recording today.

Chaekchaek: Aren't you up early?

Penguin-nim: I have a photo shoot later so I had to prepare early.

Penguin-nim: How about you? I guess less than 2 hours of sleep is not enough...

Chaekchaek: I was with you anyway so it's fine.

Penguin-nim: Is this how you flirt early in the morning?

Chaekchaek: Why? Does it make your heart flutter, babe?

Penguin-nim: Stop. You're going to make me sick.

Penguin-nim: I have to go now.

Chaekchaek: I know you like it, anyway.

Chaekchaek: Do well today. Fighting!

Penguin-nim: You too! Fighting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Really? That's it for the day?" Kyulkyung and the other Pristin members asked in surprise. It was still an early afternoon; they were driving from a music festival back to their dormitory.

The manager said, "All the trainers have a meeting in the company. Even I have to be there..."

Nayoung then said, "Can we head to the company to practice on our own?"

"I guess so? You want to head there?" the manager asked.

The members of Pristin V, the sub-unit, all nodded. The manager then decided to let the Pristin V members practice. As they arrived in the company, the sub-unit already headed for practice. After 2 hours of practice, the members rested for a while. Kyulkyung opened her phone to check.

 

Jinyoung: Fighting for today, noona!

"Omo!" Kyulkyung shouted as she lied down on the floor.

The Pristin V members were surprised by Kyulkyung's reaction and asked, "What's wrong?"

Kyulkyung showed her phone as she continued to lie down, hide her face, and squeal.

"Aish, Can't you give us someone to date also?" Eunwoo complained after seeing the pictures.

Kyulkyung answered, "We're not dating!"

Nayoung then said, "Eh? With all of the sweet stuff, late night calls, and all that? You might just be led on and get your heart broken in the end."

Kyulkyung then sat up and said, "Should... Should I clarify things?"

"If you're prepared for both answers, then yes," Eunwoo replied. 

 

After the break, Pristin V continued their practice until late afternoon. As they were practicing, someone knocked on their door. Since the group was dancing, they were not able to open the door. As the door is unlocked, the person who knocked let himself in. Every Pristin V member was surprised to see Jinyoung carrying bags and entering through the door. 

"All I wanna do, Wanna One! Sunbaenim-deul, annyeonghaseyo! I am Wanna One's Bae Jinyoung!" Jinyoung greeted enthusiastically. 

Kyulkyung, still stunned, could not even move from where she was. Nayoung was the first one to recover from the surprise so she said, "Oh... annyeonghaseyo. What brings you here?"

Jinyoung answered, "I was allowed to have a half-day off... So I brought some snacks for you, sunbaenim."

Kyulkyung suddenly grabbed the bags from Jinyoung, put it down, and pulled Jinyoung to go out.

"Noona--" Jinyoung said as she was suddenly dragged outside.

A few steps away from the practice room, Kyulkyung lets go of Jinyoung. 

Jinyoung asked nervously, "Noona... Are you mad? I... I just thought it will help--"

Kyulkyung cuts Jinyoung with a hug and said, "Thank you. It means a lot to me."

Jinyoung hugged back and said, "It was for you, noona. No worries."

The two released each other, now feeling a bit awkward. They returned to the practice room to see the other Pristin V members eating already.

"Yah!" Kyulkyung said as she went to the members, dragging Jinyoung by the hand. 

"Ja, Jinyoung-ie, of course, you know Nayoung-unnie and Eunwoo. This is Rena, and Roa-unnie," Kyulkyung introduced as the two sat down. 

All the members greeted Jinyoung, who was obviously nervous. Eunwoo then said, "You were the one who did 'Growl' during the company evaluations right?" 

Jinyoung nodded, unknowingly doing the exact same thing as he did during that time: lowering his head. 

"Ja, let's go to the point. What do you like about Kyulkyung?" Eunwoo asked suddenly.

Kyulkyung, who was eating a sandwich by that time, choked on her food. Jinyoung immediately grabbed a bottle of water and let her drink from it. The Pristin V members chuckled (though Nayoung showed concern) at Kyulkyung's reaction. Kyulkyung was about to say something when Jinyoung said, "It's more on how she understands what I am feeling..."

Pristin V made teasing noises as Kyulkyung bashfully cupped her face to hide her blushing cheeks. Jinyoung just cleared his throat in embarrassment. 

"Wait, wait! I have one more! Kyulkyung said you are not dati--" Eunwoo began but Nayoung nudged her to the side. 

"That's not your business now," Nayoung strongly reprimanded. She continued, "Wait. I think we need drinks."

Jinyoung said nervously, "I'll buy!"

 

Kyulkyung and Jinyoung were awkwardly walking to the convenience store. They both expected that they have to run for people might recognize them, but the sidewalks were clear. It was not yet rush hour. 

"Eo... Noona," Jinyoung began. 

"We're here!" Kyulkyung declared as they were already in front of the convenience store. 

The two entered and Kyulkyung immediately went to the drinks section. Jinyoung scratched his head and followed.

"Cola...Sprite..." Kyulkyung was obvious in faking her preoccupation. 

Jinyoung then got two bottles of cola silently, passing Kyulkyung. Kyulkyung scratcher her head and thought, Aish, I'm not doing a good job...

Kyulkyung followed and stood beside Jinyoung. The two silently paid for the drinks and left the convenience store. Jinyoung left Kyulkyung again. So, when Kyulkyung caught up with Jinyoung, she said, "Are you mad?"

Jinyoung then said, "Noona... Should we start dating?"

Kyulkyung froze. Jinyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter