From Text Messages to Video Calls

Will You Pick Me Up? It's Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Daniel is riding the van on the way back to his dorm. He was tired and bored. 

"Ai, how I wish I was like Woojin or Jinyoung," Daniel said to himself. 

A week has passed since Woojin and Sohye met at the Han River Park, and Kyulkyung and Jinyoung had the video call. Ever since, the two boys had been busy with their phones, much to the annoyance of Jihoon. 

"You know, I like that those two have close sunbaedeul to them," the manager commented as he heard Daniel.

"Hyung, what if--" Daniel said but was cut by the manager.

'Dating is, of course, not allowed. But, tell me, will I be able to stop them... Or you?" the manager asked.

"Me? Why me?" Daniel asked.

"You have been wanting to contact Kim Sejong-sshi of Gugudan right?" the manager asked back.

Daniel said defensively, "Ani... Aniyo!"

"Contact her now. It's not that late," the manager said.

Daniel opened his kakaotalk and saw that Sejeong is online. 

"Hyung, what are we going to talk about?" Daniel ask.

The manager shook his head and said, "Do you think Woojin and Jinyoung thought about it? Be a man now."

Daniel took a deep breath before typing...

 

Daniel: Annyeonghaseyo, sunbaenim

Sejeong: Oh, Daniel! Annyeong! I can speak banmal right?

Daniel: Ne, sunbaenim.

Sejeong: Ei... You can just call me Sejong, we are the same age, right?

Daniel: Ne... Sejeong-ah

 

"Omo! Omo! Look at this unnie!" Mina said as she was beside Sejeong in their car while Daniel talked Sejeong. 

"Shh!" Sejeong said as she could not hide her smile.

Nayoung (A/N: This is Gugudan's Nayoung) said, "What is it?"

"Sejeong-unnie got a message and is now talking to Kang Daniel-nim!" Mina shouted.

All members of Gugudan suddenly looked at Sejeong. Sejeong shook her head and said, "Ei... We just exchanged numbers during the Produce event... He is just being courteous and all."

 

"Why isn't she replying? Is she busy?" Daniel thought as Sejeong did not reply. Daniel decided to message again.

 

Daniel: Sejeong-ah... Are you busy? I can message later.

Sejeong: Ani! My members are just thrilled that I am talking to Kang Daniel.

Daniel: Oh... Kamsahamnida.

Sejeong: Is there something wrong?

Daniel: What is the feeling of being... Uhm... Kim Sejeong?

Sejeong: Feeling burdened? Feeling pressured? 

Daniel: Ne... I always have to be the Kang Daniel everyone wants to be.

Sejeong: Welcome to my world, then. I always had to be God-Sejeong. 

Daniel: Me... God-Daniel...

Sejeong: Tell me more about it. I might be able to cheer you up. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seongwoo was pacing back and forth inside his room.

Jisung, who was his roommate, said, "Can you just sit down? You're making me dizzy."

"Hyung, Jinyoung was able to contact Kyulkyung-sunbaenim!" Seongwoo said.

"So? Do you want to contact someone from IOI also? Why don't you ask Daehwi?" Jisung said as he lied down on his bed.

"Hyung... I already have Doyeon-sunbaenim's number." Seongwoo confessed.

Jisung sat up and said, "Why didn't you say so? Ja... Is she online?"

Seongwoo looked surprised as he sat down. Seongwoo said, "You're supported of this, hyung."

"It's not like I'm... Wait, do you like Doyeon-sunbaenim?" Jisung asked.

Seongwoo said, "Not that like like... I guess? I mean.. She really liked my jokes!"

Jisung shook his head and said, "Why don't you ask Jinyoung how he did it?"

Seongwoo was about to go out when his phone notified him of a message. 

"Oh, who is it?" Jisung asked as Sengwoo sat down on his bed smiling. 

 

Doyeon: Seongwoo-sshi?

Seongwoo: Ne sunbaenim? Annyeonghaseyo

 

"He replied! He replied!" Doyeon said as she and Yoojung were in the kitchen of Weki Meki's dorm. 

"Omo, omo, omo," Yoojung exclaimed. She then said, "Unnie, what if he has been waiting for you to message since you are the sunb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter