Downs Part 1

Will You Pick Me Up? It's Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sohye was staring blankly at her wall. These thoughts were going on her head:

Why did he mention that?

Was it really necessary?

I don't need to be jealous of that, right?

But why did he mention it?

During the V app broadcast of Woojin, Minhyun, and Jinyoung, Woojin mentioned that he pranked Jihoon and that Jihoon was moved by it. This has now been in Sohye's thoughts the entire time she watched the live broadcast. Sohye snapped out of her thoughts as her phone ting-ed.

 

Chaekchaeknim: Sohye-ah, did you watch the broadcast?

Penguin-nim: Ne.

Chaekchaeknim: How was it?

Penguin-nim: It was okay. I'm sleepy so I'll sleep now.

 

"Eh?" Woojin said loudly, making Minhyun and Jinyoung look at Woojin. Minhyun asked, "Why?"

Woojin showed Sohye's messages. Jinyoung then commented, "She must be upset or something."

"About what? I did not mention girls in our broadcast, right?" Woojin asked.

 

Chaekchaeknim: Are you okay?

Penguin-nim: Oh, I'm fine. No one is making an effort to prank me here.

Penguin-nim: So I am complete, absolutely fine.

 

Sohye then threw her phone over her bed. "Aish, that guy," Sohye said in frustration.

Sohye lied down in bed and her phone rang. She saw that it was Woojin calling. Sohye sighed and answered the call. When the video call connected, Sohye saw that Woojin was wearing a sleeveless shirt.  Oh my... His arms... No, Sohye. You're angry at him, Sohye thought.

"Is there something wrong?" Woojin asked with concern.

Sohye shook her head and answered sarcastically, "Oh, nothing's wrong... No one is making an effort to prank me so I can sleep soundly here."

"If that's the case... Then how come you're answering sarcastically?" Woojin asked.

"Me? Being sarcastic? Who said?! I am not being sarcastic since no one is pranking--" Sohye said when Woojin cut him.

Woojin then said, "Is this about me pranking Jihoon?"

Sohye chuckled (sarcastically) and said, "Oh no! Why would I bother over someone who obviously likes you and then I would hear that you would be pranking Jihoon? I am not bothere. I repeat: I. AM. NOT. BOTHERED!"

Sohye then cut off the call. "Park Woojin!" Sohye shouted in frustration.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Have you eaten your dinner?" Sejeong asked Daniel over the video call.

Sejeong is going back to their dorm while Daniel is resting in his room in the Japanese hotel. The two were having their video call when Jihoon suddenly barged and said, "Daniel-hyung! I-- Oh! Mianhe..."

"Wait! Jihoon-sshi?" Sejeong called over the phone.

Daniel looked alarmed and asked, "Wae?"

"Don't worry too much, jagiyah. I just want to hear his side," Sejeong explained to Daniel.

Jihoon sat beside Daniel.  When Sejeong saw Jihoon on the screen, Sejeong said, "I do not mean any harm... I just want to see your side as Sejeong's unnie."

"What do you mean, sunbaenim?' Jihoon asked. 

Sejeong took a deep breath and said, "Do a little debriefing, Sejeong's boyfriend."

Daniel gave a salute and said, "Ne, Daniel's girlfriend."

As Daniel looked at Jihoon, Jihoon looked shocked; Daniel and Sejeong chuckled at the same time. Daniel then said, "Before you just came in, Sejeong and I have been talking about you. Do you really like Woojin like... Us? Sejeong and I?"

Jihoon nodded and said, "Yes. It's hard to explain but I do like Jihoon that way."

"Are you sure it's not just a sort of best friend thing?" Sejeong asked.

Jihoon thought for a while and said, "Honestly, I do not know. How about you sunbaenim? How did you know that you loved Daniel-hyung?"

Sejeong then said, "Who is the first person you want to see everyday?"

"Mostly, it's Woojin; sometimes though, I want to see someone else since I see Woojin all the time," Jihoon answered honestly.

Sejeong then replied, "Me... It's that puppy-looking guy beside you. Whether I'm happy, sad, angry, frustrated... In everything, that guy has to be with me."

"Won't you get tired easily? Always seeing each other?" Jihoon asked.

Daniel then answered, "I think we will get tired. But, if we really love each other, we will continue even if we are sick of seeing each other. How we continue would be the real question, wouldn't it be?"

Sejeong agreed by nodding. She added, "For sure, we'll get into a fight someday. We'll get tired of seeing each other. We'll just meet and have coffee without even talking. I expect that much because I want to see Daniel for a long time. How we endure the times... That's where I will see what we have is really strong or not."

"Aren't you afraid of losing each other? Of being separated? What if you cannot endure it?" Jihoon asked.

"Then why bother to have a relationship in the first place?" Sejeong retorted. 

Jihoon then said, "I don't want to get tired of Jihoon so that's why I do not always go with him. I know he's uncomfortable. But... But what I see from Sohye-sunbaenim and Woojin is not yet that enough to discourage me."

"Do you want to be discouraged?" Daniel asked.

Jihoon considered for a while before answering. 

~~~

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter