Budding Part 4

Will You Pick Me Up? It's Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ji.. Jihoon-ah," Woojin said.

It was another rare complete Wanna One dinner. Every member was surprised that Jihoon was overly serving Woojin. 

"Hey, it's nothing," Jihoon said with a smile as he finishes setting up Woojin's utensils only.

"How about mine?" Daehwi and Guanlin said together.

"You're big enough to do your own," Jihoon commented as he sat down beside Woojin. 

Only Jinyoung found the behavior very unusual.  Jisung then said, "Ja, come one guys! It's rare that we get to eat all 11 together for dinner."

Jinyoung kept staring at Jihoon, who was getting overly sweet with Woojin, who was trying his best to hide the discomfort.

"Hyung, look at the pink sausages," Jinyoung whispered to Daniel and Seongwoo, who were at his left side. 

The two looked at the people Jinyoung referred to. Daniel then asked, "What happened? Woojin looks very uncomfortable."

Minhyun, who was at the right side of Jinyoung, then said, "I'm guessing there is a competition now to win Woojin's heart."

"Eh?" Jinyoung, Daniel, and Suengwoo said, loud enough to get the attention of the other members.

"Why?" Sungwoon asked.

Minhyun hurriedly said, "Ani... We're all eating here, but there's no dessert!"

Jaehwan then said, "Hyung! We're just starting! You also need to keep that abs!"

"Even though," Minhyun said, a little relieved that his excuse was bought. 

 

A little later, Woojin was tasked (forced, because he lost to the rock-paper-scissors game) to do the dishes. When Jihoon was about to volunteer to be with Woojin, Minhyun and Daniel said, "We'll do it."

"Why? All of a sudden?" Jisung asked.

"I... I think I won't be doing the dishes for a long time so I'll volunteer!" Daniel excused. Minhyun nodded in agreement with Daniel.

Jisung nagged, "Then why did we have to play... Anyway, after washing, you have to rest for the X-Con rehearsal tomorrow, okay?"

Daniel and Minhyun nodded and the three guys went to do the dishes. While washing, Woojin was suddenly surrounded by the two hyungs and asked, "What's wrong with Jihoon?"

Woojin gulped before answering, "He confessed to me that he likes me... And he said he will do anything to win me over Sohye."

Daniel and Minhyun almost dropped the plates they were holding. "Really? Are you serious?" Daniel asked.

Woojin nodded and said, "It's too uncomfortable for me. He's overdoing things; he does not do those things before."

Minhyun then said, "Didn't you reject him?"

Woojin shook his head as he finished cleaning up the sink. He then said, "How could I? I want to keep him as a friend and, workwise, we have to keep the friendship as well."

"So I guess the best decision is to let him give up? Did you tell Sohye-sunbaenim this?" Daniel asked.

"I did yesterday when we met," Woojin answered.

Minhyun then said, "How come you - Woojin, Seongwoo, Daniel, and Jinyoung - can meet them but I..."

"You have an official date this Saturday... Hyung! It's tomorrow!" Woojin exclaimed. 

 

Woojin was on the building rooftop having a video call with Sohye. 

"I'm totally clueless," Woojin said. He just told Sohye what happened with him and Jihoon.

"You should not have acted all cute and all to him," Sohye said with a tone of jealousy. 

Woojin raised an eyebrow and said, "I do not act cute, more so in front of him. You just find me naturally cute because you like me so much."

Sohye scoffed and said, "As if you are not crazy for me."

Woojin chuckle and said, "Now, you know how to fight back?"

"I learn from the best," Sohye said with a smile.

"But for Jihoon-sshi... I guess you have to endure? That's the best thing... Well, that's what I think. You know him far better than I do. But do tell him to challenge accepted," Sohye continued.

"Eh? What do you mean?" Woojin asked as he looked confused.

Sohye covered her eyes and said, "I must be blind. Stop acting cute!"

Woojin replied, "I am not acting cute..."

As Woojin finished his sentence, he smiled with a "V" pose showing his snaggletooth. Sohye chuckled and said, "You are so dead when we meet again. I going to squeeze you hard."

Woojin laughed for a while before saying, "But thank you... Jihoon's my best buddy and I do not want to lose our friendship."

Sohye nodded and said, "I understand that... Wait! It's almost midnight. You need to sleep!"

Woojin nodded as he yawned. "You also," Woojin said.

"Go down now, I won't hang up until I see you in bed," Sohye said.

Woojin smiled as he nodded and went down. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hyung, doesn't it feel strange that the managers are not stopping us from meeting?" Daniel asked Seongwoo. 

The two, after their X-Con rehearsal, were allowed to have the night off, as the two will have schedules in the morning. They rented a car (arranged by their managers) and went together to meet Sejeong (for Daniel) and Doyeon (for Seongwoo). 

Seongwoo thought for a while as they made a U-turn. Seongwoo then replied, "I did try to ask manager-hyung why are they allowing us to date and all. All he said that is we're big enough to decide."

Daniel nodded. It was Seongwoo's turn to ask. He said, "How about you? For sure, you get a lot of calls--"

"Ei, hyung! You know I rarely answer those," Daniel replied.

"But when you and Sejeong would talk over the phone, wouldn't it bother sometimes?" Seongwoo asked.

Daniel nodded and answered, "It does. That's why I had to meet her tonight. Last time, she just cut the line. It was like the 4th or 5th call while we are talking. I just cannot change my number yet."

 

Seongwoo dropped off Daniel in a cafe near Jellyfish Entertainment headquarters. Daniel was pacing to and fro in front of the cafe.

"Yah," a very familiar voice yelled.

Daniel turned to see Sejeong, though she seems annoyed.

"I'm busy so let's make this quick," Sejeong said as she walked to Daniel. 

Daniel then asked, "Are you still mad?"

"Mad? Oh no, I'm not mad! I'm just busy... I have a lot of calls to entertain here and there," Sejeong said, trailing off while taking a glance at Daniel. 

Daniel then took Sejeong's hand and said, "Then, would the busy god-Sejeong have a cup of coffee with me?"

Keep your cool, Sejeong. He's just holding your hand, Sejeong thought, though her heart is beating fast even by the touch of Daniel.

"I... Uhm... Sure!" Sejeong said as she tried to take back her hand, but Daniel used his strength not to. 

"You don't want to hold hands with me?" Daniel said, trying to look cute.

Stop it, Sejeong thought. She then said, "What if... What if people see us?"

Daniel looked around and said, "I do not think people would care if two grown-ups would hold hands? Come on, let's go!"

Daniel held Sejeong's hand and slightly pulled her to the cafe. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seongwoo was driving towards the cafe where he and Doyeon met when he saw crowd gathering in front of the cafe.

"Oh no," Seongwoo exclaimed. Doyeon and Yoojung were crowded by a lot of people who would take some pictures.

Doyeon then saw Seongwoo's car (Seongwoo sent her a picture of the car and the plate number) and nudged Yoojung. 

"Yeorobun, I'm sorry but we just went out to buy some coffee and then we have to go back to our company," Yoojung said dismissively as she and Doyeon went to the cafe. 

However, there were still people who followed them. Seongwoo then parked somewhere near the cafe and sent a message to Doyeon.

Seongwoo: Doyeon-ah, I'm one block away from the cafe.

Doyeon: Oppa, I don't know how to slip out.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter