Crush

MoTzu/TzuMo one shots

Note: Momo and Tzuyu are in the same year of high school. There's also some vulgar language in this one shot. 

 

JYP High. It was just like any other normal highschool, There were the jocks, popular cheerleaders, nerds and any other highschool student. And one of the popular cheerleaders was none other than Hirai Momo. One of the best dancers in JYP High, her sharp and clear steps are undeniebly outstanding and the charismatic aura she radiates as she dances is alluring, causing anyone to be intrigued by it.

A normal highschool girl like Chou Tzuyu is obviously mesmerized by Hirai Momo's dancing skills and beauty like any other girl. Admiring her flawless looks and killer dance moves is normal, her bestfriend Son Chaeyoung thinks the same. It's nothing new to hear people in the hallways talking about the girl and her friends, Minatozaki Sana and Myoui MIna. Many label the Japanese trio as the Holy Trinity.

Tzuyu was indeed the shy type, seeming intimidating to strangers but really just has a hard shell, and you can see the kind and sweet heart she has. Tzuyu saw Momo as just a friend, nothing more and nothing less. Tzuyu was straight like everyone else out there, she liked girl groups better but maybe it was just the music. She never liked guys but maybe she just hasn't found the one. And so, she lived her life like everyone else. Studying and having fun with friends, what can ruin her life? She had a loving family and amazing friends, what could go wrong?

Momo really liked this guy from her dance class, she found him really sweet and caring, he was someone that really made her cheeks flush and heart beat rapidly. And maybe he felt the same, this guy was special to Momo. She would go to class earlier just to hopefully meet him and have a chat before class starts. He would buy cake and coffee for the both of them when they passed by a small cafe that's really near the studio. He would crack silly jokes and make Momo laugh whenever she seemed down. He would make sure Momo was safe when they had to stay back for class and walk her home when it was late. He was someone Momo would love to have a relatiomship with. His name was Jung Hoseok.

It was interesting to Tzuyu, how the boys in her school hand her love letters and flowers every single day, hoping to impress the girl with sweet words and beautiful red roses. Sadly, none of the lads who asked her out succeeded. Even one of the most popular and handsome guys couldn't sweep her off her feet. Tzuyu knew Momo was nice, they shared the same homeroom and whenever there were exams or small tests. Momo would always encourage her and it always gave Tzuyu a small confidence boost in the exam. Momo wasn't exactly the smartest but Tzuyu was the one who would gets A's and Momo would always ask Tzuyu for help whenever she needed it, translating and explaining everything to whatever Momo didn't know. Momo always thanked the girl right after their small lesson, she's grateful towards Tzuyu for helping her out.

They both don't talk much, just occasional hi's and some small talk. But everytime for some reason, Tzuyu would always be there when there's a performance from the cheerleaders, whether it was a big or small event. Momo would always spot Chou Tzuyu sitting by the bleachers with her friend Son Chaeyoung. Momo never thought much of it, thinking that maybe she was just there for her friend and fellow cheerleader member Kim Dahyun. The three were close, and called themselves The School Meal Club. It was cute and endearing, They were like little kids having fun with each other. Tzuyu didn't know why she kept coming and dragging Chaeyoung to watch with her either. And gave the excuse that she wanted to see Dahyun, their fellow School Meal Club member. But truly, she didn't know why she always end up showing up.

It was when Momo gave Tzuyu a really cute letter for her birthday, she read it with a huge smile on her face and couldn't stop smiling after reading it. She felt her chest feel warm and fuzzy and small little butterflies flew in her stomach. Tzuyu didn't think much of it. "She's just a friend, nothing more or less" The taiwanese girl thought. She kept the letter safely in her bag and thanked the Japanese girl for the letter. Chaeyoung somehow found the small but heartfelt letter in Tzuyu's bag and endlessly teased the girl that day after noticing her pink tinted cheeks. 

Ever since that day, Tzuyu just couldn't think straight whenever she saw the Japanese girl. "What is this feeling?" A question Tzuyu couldn't answer even after thinking for hours and days straight. She felt the tinge of jealousy when she saw any boy talking to her, but always shook the feeling off. She started noticing the little details Momo does or the little features on Momo's face. She found herself smiling at her direction more, found herself thinking about her more, found herself watching the girl from afar more. Tzuyu was frustrated, she just couldn't understand anything, she couldn't understand what and why she was doing all the things she would never even do. She can't even fall asleep at night because of this and it's confusing. No answers, just more and more questions piling up. 

Tzuyu's POV

I stare at the ceiling once again, it's been a whole week. Why can't I sleep? I toss and turn under my covers hoping to find a comfortable spot to make myself sleep. My hands unconciously start tracing random shapes and letters. It started off with cirlces and Gucci's name. Then I let my mind wander, my fingers start to trace the letters. M O M O. What? Momo? Why am I even thinking about her? I groan in frustration, my eyes wide awake and my mind racing, her face starts to appear in my head. What's so special about her? Questions and more questions kept emerging in my head and overwhelmed me. My breathing became unstable and sweat soaking my pajamas. Droplets of liquid fell on my sheets, why am I crying? What is happening? Why her? Then it clicked. 

I like her, I like Hirai Momo. I like a girl, I fell for a girl. A girl that is out of my league and straight. What was I even thinking? Falling for a girl, falling for someone I'm not supposed to. Everyone will be disgusted, everyone will hate me. She will hate me. The tears just wouldn't stop. it kept flowing and flowing as I drown in denial and regret. I hate this feeling, I hate that I want to be with her, hate that I want to hold her hand, and take her for dinner, or just hug her close like my life depended on it. How do I undo this? Is even that possible? Well it has to be! I grab my laptop that was across my room, franctically turning it on and quickly opened an incognito window and googled: "How to unlove someone" 

The first thing that popped up was a suicide hotline. I buried my face into my sweaty palms and groaned in frustration and annoyance. 

" all of this." I muttered under my breath, not wanting my parents to wake up. 

I slammed my laptop shut and threw it on my bed, why am I still crying? I punched the wall and stared at myself in the mirror. I hated everything I see, My face, my body and everything. I hated the way I looked and I hated myself. I hate that I am me, that I have a goddamn crush on a girl. I just can't accept that. Why? because my parents will disown me and my friends will never talk to me again if they find out. I am disgusting, I am just a waste of space. I was sobbing my eyes out at this point, what is the point? The best thing I could do is to avoid her as much as possible.

*Tzuyu's POV ends*

Tzuyu walked into school with a stone cold face, she felt empty. She saw Momo with her friends, the one person she didnt want to see the most. Momo waved with a smile. Tzuyu only glanced at her with a cold expression. Momo was taken aback, but shrugged it off. Thinking that maybe she just had a bad morning and continued chatting with her friends. Tzuyu went straight to class, she didn't want to talk to anyone. She just wanted to sit down, read her book and drown in her own sorrow.

The same routine continued, Tzuyu continued ignoring Momo and kept things to herself. Momo wasn't bothered, she actually didn't really notice that Tzuyu was ignoring her at all. And Tzuyu was okay with that, she didn't know if she should be grateful or sad that Momo is oblivous about this. Tzuyu would glance at Momo from time to time, and asked the same question to herself everytime. "Why you?" The question always lingered at the back of her head, no matter how many times she pushed her feelings and thoughts away. Slowly but eventually, they stopped talking at all. Was it worth it? No one knows, not even Tzuyu. She could never find the answers to any of her questions. Feelings lingered around, tingling her heart once in awhile maybe ignoring and pushing everyone away might've been the right choice or bad choice. 

All Tzuyu knows is that Momo is just fine living without her existence, and it was okay. It was fine, but it wasn't. Momo was happy and maybe that's all that matters for Tzuyu, is for Momo to be happy, whether she's with that Hoseok guy or not. It hurts, it really does but it's not like anyone would notice anyway. Tzuyu felt like a background character in Momo's chapter of highschool but there's just this tint of hope that maybe she was a main in it, even if it was just a short part. But maybe she wasn't even anyone in her book, which is something Tzuyu can't do. In Tzuyu's book. Momo is the main lead and that would never change, no matter how much Tzuyu wants to erase it.

______________________________________________

A/N: Hello, I'm back after awhile. I wrote this from my own experience, I'm pretty pathetic heh. Well I hope you enjoy this kinda angst one shot, the next one might be fluffy I'm not sure but please leave suggestions and I'll take them into consideration. Thank you so much for subscribing and reading, I really hope you enjoy this.