A Broken Fantasy

MoTzu/TzuMo one shots

Momo, an idol who is under JYP entertainment. She's a newly debuted singer and dancer who became insanely famous from her hit debut song, "Truth". She trained for about 5 years before she was able to debut, finally her hard work paid off. 

Chou Tzuyu, an idol trainee who is also under JYP entertainment. She's known for her flawless looks and amazing dance moves. Her perfect body blends with the music perfectly. She was friends with Momo until she debuted. Momo got busier and busier and they eventually lost contact.

Tzuyu couldn't lie, she misses her friend dearly. It was like one sided love, Tzuyu's feelings continued to grow and grow without Momo noticing or so she thought. She missed having laughs and sharing inside jokes, she missed holding hands and getting coffee together. But that's just the past. Tzuyu doubts Momo would even glance at her now.

As she was thinking about a certain someone, she bumped into a blonde girl and spilled her coffee all over her.

"Oh I'm really sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going." Tzuyu frantically tried to use her towel with her that she brings for practice.

The girl only chuckled, "It's okay, Tzu ah. It's just me, Moguri." 

Tzuyu stopped moving and tensed up, Moguri? Why is she here? Isn't she busy or something?

"Momo? Why are you here?" Tzuyu asks

Momo chuckled once again, patting the tall girl's head and fixing her hair.

"I'm here to see you, silly." Momo said with affection in her eyes. 

Tzuyu only tilted her head, see me? For what? I'm just a nobody compared to her...

"But why? Aren't you busy unnie?" Tzuyu said and finally relaxed after she stopped holding her breath she didn't even know she was.

"It's my day off, now how about we stop the chit chat and go to the café?" Momo requested and slipped her hand to Tzuyu's. 

"But unnie, your shirt is drenched with coffee. Don't you want to change?" 

"Pssh, I know you always have a spare hoodie in your bag so I'll steal that." Momo said casually as she gripped onto Tzuyu's hand tighter.

Tzuyu nodded her head and took the hoodie out and handing it to Momo. Momo took it and turned her back on her and left to the toilets, winking at Tzuyu before leaving. Blush started to form on Tzuyu's cheeks before she looked down and started to fiddle her fingers.

Momo came out a few minutes later, looking fresher and her hair tied back into a ponytail. The hoodie was a bit big on her but she still looked stunning. Momo jogged to Tzuyu and grabbed her hand, pulling her to the elevator. Tzuyu felt shy once again because well Hirai Momo is holding her hand! Her face probably redder than a strawberry.

Momo eventually notice how tense and uncomfortable Tzuyu seemed. She figured that maybe Tzuyu didn't like holding hands, so she loosened her grip and now her hands aren't warm anymore. 

Tzuyu felt the absence of Momo's hands and looked down to see Momo's hands clasped together. Wow Tzuyu, you just messed up! Tzuyu scolded herself and tried to find her confidence and courage to hold her hands again. 

She was shy, really shy but there's only one chance. Tzuyu quickly held Momo's hand and looked away, embarrassed and shy with blush evident on her cheeks. Momo looked up to see Tzuyu covering her face with hair, obviously embarrassed. Momo only silently laughed and enjoyed the warmth radiating from Tzuyu's soft and supple hand.

The elevator ding'ed, and both of them walked hand in hand. Silence was the only thing they heard. Both just enjoyed their presence, since Momo barely had time for herself these days. They walked to the café they always went when they were trainees, but I guess today isn't a good day. 

Paparazzi started to swarm the area the moment they heard Momo was out the building, Momo used her hood to cover her eyes from the flashing lights. Questions were thrown at her and Tzuyu felt extremely uncomfortable from all the attention and the crowd invading their privacy. 

Luckily that café doesn't allow paparazzi to enter, they sat down and ordered their usual and started to catch up on everything.

"Unni, how's the idol life so far? Do you like it?" 

"It's fine, anything you expect from being an idol. Tired and exhausted, everyday I get home I'm completely out of energy." Momo continued to talk about how everything is going for her career so far.

Tzuyu only listened, nodding her head and smiling. Tzuyu really enjoyed Momo's company, even when they aren't doing much. She really loved the way Momo's lips smile whenever there's something funny or when she wants to describe something but couldn't put words into it or when she mixes in Japanese whenever they talked. 

She loved every little thing and detail about her. She enjoyed every precious moment they had because she's just head over heels for this girl. Time went by like a breeze, by the time Momo stopped talking it was already 5. Momo smiled cheekily and sipped her chocolate latte. 

They then started to talk about their silly stories back when they were trainees. How they met and how close they were. Tzuyu was happy, happy that she could be with Momo. And Momo was glad, glad that Tzuyu enjoyed every moment.

"I'm sorry but we're going to close soon." One of the employees informed us.

They both quickly got up and grabbed their drinks, sipping them lightly as they walked peacefully under the bright moon. For some reason, today felt different. The mood, the feeling, the way both heartbeats are faster than normal. 

Momo was certain, it was time. She didn't mind if Tzuyu didn't share the same feelings but she needs to get it off her shoulders. They walked to the nearest park and sat down on a swing, laughter filled the air as they swing back and forth with happiness. 

"Hey Tzu, I've been wanting to tell you something." Momo trailed on.

Tzuyu hummed and looked up. 

Momo sighed, "I like someone, she's a really special person."

Tzuyu was disappointed, Momo likes someone. Her heart cracked, but hid her sadness.

"Who is it?" Tzuyu asked, curiousity was taking over. 

"It's you."

Tzuyu blinked her eyes, she couldn't believe what she heard. Momo got up from her swing, walking towards the tall girl. She lifted up Tzuyu's chin and inched closer and closer, and their lips meet. There was a spark, something that made both of their stomachs fill with butterflies. 

They parted and they smiled at each other, both madly in love. 

"I like you too." 

Tzuyu started feel dizzy as she said that. Her vision blurry and her head pounding and soon some sort of light blinded her eyes. Confused and curious, she slowly opened her eyes. She found herself in a hospital bed with all sorts of things connected to her. She looked around and found her mother sitting next to her. 

Tzuyu's POV

"Oh my god, sweetie you're finally awake." 

"Where am I? Where's Momo?" 

"Momo? Who's Momo? Wait here I'm getting the doctor." 

I'm  so confused, just a minute ago I was with the girl I love, and now I'm here. 

A man around his 40s came in with papers in his hands.

"Chou Tzuyu, you've been in a coma for almost 2 years.Everything might be a bit confusing but you'll get better with a lot of rest." 

My mother only nodded and walked to my side. 

"Wait! Did anyone named Hirai Momo came?" I asked desperately 

"Sadly no, no one else but your family members and a couple Korean girls came to visit." 

I sigh and looked at my mother. She had tears in her eyes. She must've waited for so long. I held her hand and smiled, I laid back down and closed my eyes. A single tear escaped. Where is Momo? I need her badly now. Maybe she's just busy, yea shes an idol anyway. 

I found my phone on a table next to my bed. I turned towards my mother. 

"Hey mum, do you know an idol named Hirai Momo? She's really popular." I asked

"Sorry sweetie i dont know her, I can google her if you want." 

I nodded and waited, I hope that she wasn't some imaginary girl i made up in my head. We were so happy, it was way too real. It can't be just a fantasy.

"Tzuyu,there's no idol named Momo..." My mother said with her eyebrows furrowed. 

No no no, that's impossible. 

She can't be fake. She's real. She is, I know she is. 

I frantically my phone and went through my contacts, why dont i have her number? 

I don't believe it, I will find Momo. I know she's somewhere. I know she is. 

It can't be just a fantasy.

I want her here. 

I need her.

Tears blinded my sight as I sobbed. She's somewhere. I know she is. 

Momo is real, I just know it.