How they met pt-3

The Third Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

#****Flashback Continuation****#

 

 

"Seul... you can tell us anything. We won't mind", the Crown Prince assured the younger.

Seulgi took a deep breath as she gripped her robes in anxiety. With one hand she untied the scarf on her head.

Chanyeol and Kai gasped and widened their eyes in surprise.

Seulgi's black hair was in a bright gloden orange hue under the sunlight.

"Wow!!! Your hair! It's... It's b-beautiful", Chanyeol blurted out and covered his mouth right away. 

"You think so??!", Seulgi was shocked to hear such an optimistic comment. No one except her grandfather has genuinely complimented her hair.

" It's very unique. Your hair...!! it's really bright and it suits you.. It's really pretty", Another compliment slipped Chanyeol's mouth.

" I have never seen such hair color ", Kai moved closer to observe her hair.

Seulgi was extremely happy that tears rolled in her eyes but she wiped them off real quick. She thought that they would but it turned out the opposite.

They resumed to walk again and Seulgi walked between them. The young lords are still amused by her eccentric hair. Alot of questions ran in their minds.

" Yesterday it looked normal as in black shade. Why is it different today", Chanyeol asked. Since the day they met, her hair looked ordinary. Chanyeol even pulled her hair when they had a fight on the day of arrival. It was long, black, silky and smooth but nothing special.

" The colour changes only when I'm under the bright sun. The past three days the whether was cloudy, so you didn't see it", Seulgi explained as she brushed the hair with her fingers.

" Such strange hair. I mean how did this even happen?" Kai raised his question.

" I'm actually born with this. Grandfather told me that my mother and the women in her lineage all had such hair", Seulgi answered and the Princes' nodded as they understood that it was due to her family genes.

Kai wanted to feel the texture of her hair. "Can I touch it?"

"Kai...It's just like any other hair", Chanyeol shot a glare.

"All the neighbourhood kids would tease me about my hair. They called me a witch because of its unusual color and rapid growth ", She made a sad face.

" Now that you have mentioned it. Your hair length was upto your waist three days ago and now it's almost near your knees! Is this for real?? Do you have powers?", Kai exclaimed again and Chanyeol cuffed his head.

Seulgi giggled at the brothers.

" Under bright afternoon sun, my hair turns into golden orange hue and it grows pretty fast. So I should have a hair cut almost every week and if I get sick I'd have a severe hairfall. But I never get sick easily. Grandfather says that it's due to my hair. And if I cry too much, my hair strands curl up ", Seulgi casually described about her hair.

Chanyeol and Kai dropped their jaws at such information. Her hair did seem supernatural.

"  I'm glad that you don't seem to hate it", Seulgi held their hands. 

"Hey!!...don't touch me. I'm a prin... just don't touch me", Chanyeol warned and moved away.

And they bickered all the way to the market. As soon as they reached the place Seulgi tried to cover her hair with the scarf. Chanyeol snatched it away.

"Seul! You shouldn't be ashamed to show it. Don't worry about others opinion," Crown Prince told her to be confident.

She nodded dramatically as she tried to have confidence.

 

 

 

The market was filled with huge crowd and the merchants sat at their respective shops, exhibiting various clothes, weaponry, jewellery and also with some food stalls.

Some stores looked colourful and pretty. And some others had decent and plain decorations. Few merchants shouted their slogans to attract the customers.

People stared at Seulgi's hair. "Seul just ignore them", Chanyeol patted her shoulder.

 "Hyungnim let's eat some light food over there", Kai eagerly asked his brother.

"Kai we just had our morning meal two hours ago"

"See it's already been two hours since we ate", Kai retaliated back. Chanyeol gave up when Seulgi sided with Kai.

The young boys loved the exquisite taste of the Yeongi Province.

Chanyeol and Kai wanted to buy souvenirs and Seulgi accompanied them.

They passed by a weaponry store that displayed daggers and swords. Chanyeol bought a dagger for Prince Sehun and another one for Prince Jaehyun. Chanyeol thought of Kyungsoo and bought him a set of arrows.

Kai bought some hair pins for their sisters and a fine clothing materials for his mother. They also purchased some handmade wooden crafts for their brothers.

Then they reached a jewellery store displayed with various jewels and gems. Kai stopped on his tracks to look at them. After a deep thought he picked up a silver bracelet for Seulgi.

Chanyeol observed the displayed ornaments. He then glanced at Seulgi and Kai.

" Kai, I forgot to buy a bow for kyungsoo. can you go with Seul and buy it?"

Kai nodded with a smile. They both walked back to the weaponry store.

As soon as they left Chanyeol immediately searched for a best ornament in the jewellery store. There were so many designs and models that he had a hard time to choose.There were Chains, bracelets, ear rings, grand head pins, beaded jewellry, Stoned jewellery and many more. Everything looked good but he wanted to buy a meaningful present.

The old merchant observed the young boy's distress. "Young Lord, can I help you", he politely asked him.

Chanyeol indeed was in need of help.

" I want a simple but elegant gold chain. It should be long. But it should not have shiney stones and beads ". He described explicitly and the oldman understood his requirement.

"Who is it for?" The merchant enquired as he opened a jewel box from a rack.

"It's a present for a girl. She smiles all the time. So...", Chanyeol mumbled and the old merchant promptly took out a long gold chain which had a sun shaped pendant.

Chanyeol liked it very much.

The Crown Prince was impressed with the old merchant and handed him a pouch of gold coins and then walked to other stores with slight excitement.

'Will she like it? What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter