Second Marriage

The Third Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
    At Royal Court,

The king had informed Chanyeol that he will be married to Princess Sooyoung.

Chanyeol was out of words as he heard his father's order. He was completely shocked with the news that, he was going to get married again.

"Princess??" Chanyeol was confused with the title.

Because it was usually the officials daughter's or royal family daughter's that are chosen as the brides.

"Well...as you know, our neighborhood kingdom, Hangil is a small territory but it has powerful mercenary. In recent years there are so many enemy invasions at our borders. So, we require each other's help".

"We decided to join hands to form an alliance and support each other during the time of war",the king explained.

"And to do it officially, it is necessary to marry one of the princesses of that Kingdom", the queen spoke.

Chanyeol was not all interested in another marriage and he wanted to make it clear to his parents.

"Why am I supposed to marry that princess? One of my brothers can marry her instead of me", Chanyeol tried to reason with the king and queen.

" But you are the future king. So only you, the crown Prince is eligible to marry the princess of Hangil ", King coughed.

"But father...ah! Your majesty... I have decided that I won't get married again. So please don't force me", Chanyeol gathered up his courage to decline his father's order.

The king and queen were outraged by Chanyeol's resolve.

"Chanyeol!!! Stop acting like a stubborn kid. Soon you are about to be a king and having only one wife doesn't aid at all. Even in future you have to marry again", his mother was angry.

"Being a king, sometimes we have to sacrifice our personal lives. A king must always prioritise his kingdom first and then comes the family",the king tried to convince Chanyeol that this political marriage was very important for him.

"Also marrying a princess is beneficial for your position",one of the minister's spoke to him.

'Such old-fashioned people..."

Chanyeol knew that this marriage was essential for his kingdom.And when every official in the court tried to convince him, he finally had to agree fo his second Marriage.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At Chanyeol's Quarters,

"Baekhyun!! Why life is so unfair? I'm still not sure how I could handle this second marriage", Chanyeol was in a confused state.

"Don't over react. As they said it is for the sake of our kingdom, you don't have any choice", Jongdae said as he walked into Chanyeol's chamber.

"Jongdae! Not you too. Having one wife is enough for me and Seungwan will feel sad when she knows about this".

"Crown princess must get used to it. I'm sure when she got married to you, she knows beforehand that in future you will be having more wives", Baekhyun told him.

Prince Chanyeol heaved a long sigh.

"But Taeyeon would literally kill me, if I marry again", Baekhyun joked and the other two men cracked up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

In Seungwan's quarters,

"Seungwan are you displeased with me? You heard the news?" Chanyeol asked his quite wife.

"Crown Prince, I'm not at all angry. I understand that this is one of your responsibilities", Seungwan touched his hand.

'But I'm afraid that you won't love me when you get a new wife'

Chanyeol glanced at her tears rolled down her cheeks. 

"Please don't cry",he embraced her small figure.

"I shouldn't be crying but I'm really scared to lose you",she confessed her fears. 

" I love you so much".

Chanyeol was surprised by her confession.

"I know that you don't love me...But I...really...", Seungwan stuttered with fresh tears in her eyes.

"Seungwan...we both have a special bond. And I promise that no can replace it",Chanyeol kissed her forehead.

She was happy with his assurance.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At kingdom Hangil, 

Princess Sooyoung was summoned into her brother's court.

Park Jimin was the crown Prince of their kingdom and he informed Sooyoung about her marriage with their neighbourhood Kingdom's crown prince.

"Princess sooyoung...you are already eighteen years old. So father and I have decided that it's a best match for you", Jimin spoke.

"I'm delighted to marry a Crown Prince. Thank God that I don't have worry about marrying a mere palace officials son", Sooyoung was a spolied daughter of the king. Being a princess she always got what she wanted.

As her mother, the queen died when she was very young, the king allowed her to do whatever she wished.

Sooyoung had grown up as a stubborn and rude girl because of the excessive pampering from her father and seven step brothers.

She punished her maids and servants even for very minor mistakes. Everyone in their palace are afraid of her.Sooyoung looked pretty and lovable but her personality was completely different from Seungwan.

She never cared for anyone except for her father and her favourite step-brother Jimin.

" You have to prepare to leave the kingdom. Your marriage will take place in a week. So prepare yourself", Jimin informed her.

Sooyoung became qu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter