His Brothers

The Third Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

King Chanyeol along with, Lord Kyungsoo and minister Jongdae discussed about Prince Jaehyun's multiple acts of treason.

Thanks to Prince Kai's information, Chanyeol's doubts had been confirmed. They can officially prove that Jaehyun was guilty.

They also found out that Jaehyun gave financial aid to the rebel forces in the Kingdom.

They planned to have more investigation about it. According to Baekhyun's recent reports, few royal ministers are also involved with Jaehyun. Chanyeol wanted to catch everyone, whoever are behind those rebel attacks. He was sure that in a week or two Jaehyun would make a move. So they waited for that chance.

It was noon when their secret meeting was completed. Jongdae went out of the chambers. While, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol moved to sit in the main hall.

Chanyeol was hurt that his brother, with whom he played and trained from childhood has became such a ruthless person. He still couldn't believe that Jaehyun was behind all those crimes and murders.

He heard a knock on the door and saw his beloved third wife. His sadness was vanished when he saw her bright smile.

"Hello Soo", Seulgi came in.

"Seul, you are here!?" Kyungsoo lifted his head from his documents.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes in irritation.

 ' what's with the nicknames? Why are my brothers so close to her!'  

"How is Lady Sohyun?" Seulgi sat beside Chanyeol.

"She is doing fine. Thank you for your concern", Kyungsoo gave a small smile.

"Who is she?" Chanyeol butted in.

"His wife...", Seulgi answered.

" His wife?? Kyungsoo is married??" Chanyeol knitted his brows and yelled in shock.

"Yes", Kyungsoo informed casually.

Chanyeol widened his eyes. " Since when?"

"Two months ago", Kyungsoo replied curtly.

" I didn't even know that?! Why didn't you tell me Kyungsoo?" The King demanded.

"Well, you never asked", Short man shrugged his shoulders.

" How am I supposed to ask if you don't even mention about it?" Chanyeol frowned.

"Why should I? You are already busy in your life. I didn't want to discuss about mine", Kyungsoo sighed and rubbed his temples.

" I'm your elder brother. You must tell me such an important matter. Without you expressing anything I wouldn't know what is going on in your life", Chanyeol was frustrated.

" I don't expect you to know everything about me. It's better this way", Kyungsoo lost his patience.

" I'm not a royal family member anymore. I don't want to be called names just because I'm your step brother. Let me live my simple life peacefully", He stood up abruptly and left the King's chamber.

Seulgi was quite. Chanyeol looked sad and she patted his shoulder.

"I tried my best to be a good brother. When he was bullied I wasn't there for him. When his mother died all I could do was to cry beside him. I couldn't even stop him from leaving the palace. So, I understand Kyungsoo's pain", Chanyeol felt guilty.

She embraced him. "Yeol, why don't we visit Kyungsoo's house. Let us surprise him".

Chanyeol snapped back from his melancholic expression with Seulgi's thought.

"He wouldn't like it. But we should go. Maybe tomorrow?!", He was cheerful again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol seemed busy from the past two days. Seulgi knew that he was worried about something.

He asked her to never get involved in the political issues of the Kingdom. She was also not interested in such complicated affairs.

The King was involved in his royal works to the extent that he skipped his meals. Seulgi wanted to feed him with a delicious meal. She asked the kitchen maids to prepare Chanyeol's favourite food.

Seulgi was not an expert in cooking like Queen Seungwan but she wanted to cook him something with her own hands. She remembered the sweets that she made for him awhile ago.

The maids requested the third Queen not to cook but she was determined to cook those sweets for her husband.

Head maids arranged Chanyeol's afternoon meal but he was still immersed in his work. Seulgi snatched away the documents from him.

"Yeol...Eat first", she pointed at the food before him and he had to agree.

"I will feed you a special dish that I prepared", Seulgi hoped that he would like it again.

Chanyeol's food was stuck in his throat. He saw a sweets beside her.

 'Oh no!! Not that sweet again' 

 Baekhyun walked into the dining room. He smiled and bowed to the King and Queen. And then his eyes fell on the sweets that Seulgi made.

Baekhyun made a grimace. He still remembered the weird taste of her dish.

Seulgi looked forward to feed him. When the time came, she held a piece at him. Chanyeol had no choice but to eat it. He didn't want to disappoint her.

She looked at him in anticipation. He felt a weird and coarse taste in his mouth.

"It's good. You have improved Seul", Chanyeol lied and tried to gulp the rest of the sweet.

"Lord Baekhyun...", Seulgi offered.

Baekhyun had to take the sweet but he couldn't dare to eat it. He looked at his best friend who silently chewed and almost gagged on the sweet.

"I'm sorry your highness. I tasted your insipid sweets last time and my stomach was upset for two days. I even asked Chany- his highness to throw away those sweets but he still ate them ", He confessed.

Seulgi was baffled. She looked at Chanyeol.

Baekhyun escaped before Chanyeol could strangle his delicate neck.

"Sorry Chanyeol. I will learn to cook properly ", Tears brimmed her eyes. Even though he didn't like her food he still ate them for her. 

Chanyeol ruffled her hair. " Don't cry. He didn't like them but I do", He ate one more and wiped her tears.

"Oh! And make sure to save these sweets. When we visit Kyungsoo's place I will give it to him. I want him to suffer for overreacting the other day", He chuckled thinking about Kyungsoo's expression.

 

 

 

 

 

 

At Kyungsoo's Home,

Chanyeol and Seulgi sneaked out of the palace. He showed her the secret passage way that would lead them out.

Seulgi was excited. It was her first time to go out of the palace since her wedding.

She was comfortable this time, as they rode on his horse to Kyungsoo's house.

The sky was already dark when they reached the place. Chanyeol held her waist and helped her to get down from his horse.

Her body went rigid with his touch.

"Get used to it", He teased and She blushed a little.

After tying up his horse at a near by tree, He observed the surroundings and his brother's same old house. It looked larger than his last visit as Kyungsoo made some extensions.

Seulgi knocked on the main door. Silence filled the air as they waited. Chanyeol stood behind her and he was tensed. He was sure that Kyungsoo would be angry upon such unannounced arrival.

Kyungsoo slowly opened the doo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter