Reveal

The Third Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
     

Yuri wanted an heir from the King. She was worried that the other Princes' might attack her son and the least could be that his position might be snatched away.

Because a King without a Crown Prince could be dethroned easily.

She ordered her maids to bring King Chanyeol and the new Queen Seulgi to her chambers.

Seulgi slowly entered Dowager Queen's meeting room but it was empty. She observed the room filled with various books and artefacts.

"Your highness, King's mother will be here soon. Until then please take your seat", A maid showed her a cushioned mat.

Seulgi gave a nod as she sat.

She was still confused as to why she was summoned to the dowager Queen's chamber.

She was internally scared.

She had to dress-up hurriedly to make a better presence for the former Queen. Yeri was the one who insisted her to wear a new pair of robes.

King, in his royal red robes entered the meeting room and was confounded to find Seulgi there.

"Seulgi??"

"Chanyeol!?! What are you doing here?" She raised her chin at the tall man.

" I could ask you the same", He sat on the cushioned seat beside her.

She frowned when she found him next to her.

" Your mother asked me to come", She muttered.

"  Mother ... But why", He rubbed his chin.

" Chanyeol did you complain her about me?", She shot a doubtful glare.

" Why would I do that? You sure have got a lot of accusations on me! And what is even there to complain?" He gave an unimpressed look.

She stayed quite.

"Are you tensed?"

She gave a nod.

"Don't worry, my mother won't eat you", He chuckled.

Chanyeol glanced at her long hair. 

"Your hair! How come it grew so long? Ten days ago it was only upto here", He pointed his finger at her shoulder.

Seulgi rolled her eyes. "I told you it will grow back soon".

" But I didn't expect this soon. It is really long now and it looks silky! " Chanyeol's hands itched to feel the smoothness of her hair. He could smell the unique fragrance.

" Can I touch it? "

"No...Don't!", She snapped.

He ran his fingers through her long hair nonetheless.

"Chanyeol!! Why are you always obsessed with my hair? " She tried to remove his hand.

"I'm not obsessed!! " He replied in sharp tone.

" Then allow me to touch your precious ears"

It took few moments to realise what she said. "Seulgi! No!"

Chanyeol guarded his both ears instinctively. Seulgi smiled cheerfully.

" I'm glad to see you like this ", Chanyeol softly smiled back at her.

Yuri entered the room and cleared . And the couple snapped out of their intense gaze.

"Mother...!" Chanyeol glanced at Seulgi, who was dazed at the arrival of the former Queen.

"My King ", Yuri smiled at her son and she raised her brows at the new Queen.

" You need to bow", He whispered to his third wife.

" Oh! Your highness", Seulgi rose and bowed formally to his mother. She ignored most of the palace etiquettes she learnt as she never even bowed to the King himself.

"Queen Seulgi, please sit... ", Yuri enquired about Seulgi's health and well being.

Seulgi was intimidated by Yuri's aura. The former Queen still got her majestic charm and power.

" So did you two consummate?"

" Mother!!! " 

"  I want a grandson from Queen Seulgi", Yuri clearly stated her reason for calling them.

"Mother! Can we not discuss about this", Chanyeol groaned.

" Queen Seungwan is sick. And we need a crown Prince. My King, I don't want you to delay this anymore" His mother continued.

" Queen Seulgi is healthy enough to have your first child".

Seulgi widened her eyes and gulped. She didn't know that Seungwan was ill and that she was chosen to bear King's first born.

She dared not to look at the former Queen nor at the king.

Chanyeol was irritated. He didn't want to force Seulgi into this. He could tell Seulgi was uncomfortable with that discussion.

" I won't nag you like before but I will make sure to confront you with the help of royal ministers" Yuri glared at her son.

Chanyeol was helpless. They already gave him enough time to have an heir and he knew that they won't wait any longer.

"Your Majesty, you can leave now. I have to speak with Queen Seulgi", Yuri glanced at the quiet Queen.

Chanyeol disagreed. " Whatever that is, speak infront of me".

"These are my chambers".

"This is my Palace", He retorted.

"And I'm still your mother", Yuri gave a death glare.
Seulgi looked at him with worry all over her face.

' Chanyeol don't go ', she screamed internally.

Chanyeol walked out reluctantly.

" Queen Seulgi, I'm giving you three months time. By then I'm expecting you to bear King's child", Yuri ordered.

Seulgi shuddered and a gave a slight nod. Its not like she was given any other option.

"Good...! But if not, I'm afraid that your relatives might face severe consequences", Yuri's warnings rang in her mind .

Seulgi was on the verge of her tears. She didn't expect that Yuri would threaten her.

King's mother always had a way to get what she wanted, even if it was done by force and blackmail.

"Atleast you should feel honoured that you will bear King's first child" Yuri added.

"You can leave", She dismissed her and Seulgi quickly walked out, trying to suppress her pain and anger.

When Seulgi came out, she saw Chanyeol with his gaurds. He waited for her as he was worried.

"What did mother say?" He knew that his mother was not the best person to have a decent talk.

"Nothing important", She lied and headed towards the direction of her chambers and he trailed behind and deliberately bumped into he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter