Being a King

The Third Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Being a king was very challenging for Chanyeol and he worked hard for the prosperity of his kingdom.

And also He disguised himself and sneaked out of the palace to check on the lives of his people.

There were many invasions on their borderlands but with his ingenious planning and strong mercenary he was able to protect the kingdom.

King Chanyeol's wives are addressed as the queens, which made Queen Sooyoung really pleased and content.

'I'm born to be a queen' Sooyoung was gleeful.

Seungwan at first was quite awkward with the title of queen but soon she got used to it.

The royal officials praised her that she was a perfect First Queen for the King and second Queen was quite jealous about it.

 

 

At Sooyoung's Chamber,

Minister Baekhyun visited the second Queen quarters as he wanted to discuss something very important with the king.

"My queen!! Is Chanyeol still at your chamber? I'm here to deliver an important message...", Baekhyun spoke briefly before lowering his gaze.

" Minister Byun!!!, What did you just say?" Sooyoung glared. "How dare you call the king by his given name?" 

 Baekhyun explained that Chanyeol was his close friend and he himself asked to use his name.

"His majesty is a generous man. So he might have pitied you as his childhood friend and gave permission to address by name but now he is a king to this kingdom"

She continued.

"A king is like a God to his kingdom and it's a great offence if you use the king's name"

" You must address him as king. Otherwise I will have to throw your family in prison for disrespecting the king".

Queen Sooyoung smiled at the agitated expression of Baekhyun.

"I apologize your highness. I won't use king's name again. So Please don't harm my family".

Baekhyun was scared of Sooyoung's warning because he knew she was capable of doing such ruthless things. He slightly bowed to her and left.

Sooyoung thought she could have the king for herself if he won't have any friends. Sooyoung praised herself for such cruel idea.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

King Chanyeol was always overjoyed if anyone called him by his name. But no one in the kingdom dared to use his name and was always addressed by his titles.

Even his family and wives addressed him as king or Majesty.

But there was one exception to it. His friends Jongdae and Baekhyun habitually called him 'Chanyeol' from childhood.

But since the day he became a king, Jongdae started to call him with his title.Chanyeol tried to persuade jongdae to use his name but the man was firm on his resolution and eventually Chanyeol gave up.

The King was on his throne and Prince kai and Minister Jongdae were seated at their respective Seats.

Baekhyun slowly entered the room and Chanyeol greeted him with a grin. 

Jongdae teased that he was late for work but Baekhyun didn't pay much attention to his words.

"What happened Baekhyun? You look wearisome" Chanyeol asked as he looked dull.

"I'm totally fine!! your Ma- Majesty", Baekhyun bit his lip as he stuttered. Chanyeol was upset about the way Baekhyun addressed him.

The king understood that something was wrong with his friend. 

" Use my name like you always do", Chanyeol waited for his response.

After a long silence Baekhyun looked at the him.

"I'm afraid that from now on I won't be calling your name. Iam so sorry your Majesty", He looked away trying to avoid Chanyeol's piercing gaze.

" What's with the sudden change?"

" I shouldn't use king's name just because we are friends ", Baekhyun tried to explain but Chanyeol was irked.

He enquired further if the other palace officials had forced him to do so.But Baekhyun told him that it was his own decision.

" I have the privilege to use your name but others might not take it like that. They may assume that you are showing discrimination among your officials. And I don't want that to happen... being a king you are supposed to be fair for everyone..."

"Stop talking nonsense Baekhyun. Even Jongdae stopped using my name and now you ..!"

Chanyeol had a miserable expression.

Jongdae silently watched the two of them. Prince Kai tried to support Baekhyun's decision.

"I'm so sorry Cha...!! Y- Your Majesty" Baekhyun mumbled.

Chanyeol fumed up as Baekhyun didn't accept his plea.

" From now I'm going to call you as Minister Byun. Let's use our titles just like you wanted", Chanyeol folded his hands.

Baekhyun was sorry for Chanyeol. But he need to protect his family.

"As you wish my king" Baekhyun bowed a little.

"Now you act as if iam not your friend anymore", Chanyeol scoffed.

Baekhyun was in a dire situation as he really can't go against Sooyoung's warning.

" We are still friends... Our friendship will be the same" Baekhyun assured him. "You are my very good friend. Nothing else will change except the way I call you. I promise".

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol and he can tell that his expression had softened.

" So, now you should stop acting like a whining lady already", he teased to remove the tension around them.

Chanyeol gave a handsome smile at the his friend's comment.

" Thank goodness you both stopped this argument. Your emotional drama was too much that I swear to god, I thought one of you will cry and confess your love", Jongdae chortled.

 Prince Kai giggled at his remarks.

" Kim Jongdae!!! What love confession!!!?" Baekhyun slapped him hard on his thigh and Chanyeol laughed.

Sooyoung's plan to ruin Chanyeol's friendships was a failure as Chanyeol and Baekhyun continued to be close friends.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At Queen Seungwan's Chamber,

Seungwan had a second miscarriage and she was extremely depressed about it. Chanyeol paid a visit to look at her condition.

The royal physician had checked and concluded that Seungwan's body was still very weak and advised some healthy foods for the queen.

He informed the couple that she can't bear a child for two to three years.

Seungwan cried when she heard that.

"Iam sorry my king, that I cannot give you an heir", she clutched his hands.

" Seungwan you don't have to apologize. Your health is more important than an heir. You must take a good care of your health", He assured her.

" You should have a child with Queen Sooyoung. So go and talk to her about it", Seungwan suggested.

"I'd rather not", He declined. 

Chanyeol didn't want to have a child with Sooyoung.

Seungwan was still guilty about not giving an heir, even after five years of marriage. She wanted to get better as soon as possible.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After Few Months,

 

Dowager Queen Yuri was worried that her Son, The king didn't have an heir. 

Chanyeol was occupied with some paperwork and his friends Baek

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter