His First Love

The Third Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seulgi ran home as quickly as possible eventhough it rained heavily. She was worried about her aunt's outburst.

" Seulgi...Where were you all this morning ?" Eunji fumed up.

Seulgi without any answer, went into her room. She was confused about her new feelings towards the man she met just three days ago.

And on top of that he turned out to be stubborn who said he would wait for her on daily basis.

' Is he out of his mind !??...It's raining heavily. I hope he goes back safely'

Seulgi tried to sleep but all she could think of was him. His image was in her eyes. Thinking about His smile made her smile widely like a mad person.

She recalled their conversations from that morning. She tucked herself in blanket and rolled on her bed and didn't realise that Yeri looking at her with confounded gaze.

"My Lady!! So you met him?" Yeri sat on the edge of her bed.

"Yes", she smiled warily.

" Did you tell him that you cannot meet anymore", Yeri enquired.

"I told him but he wouldn't listen to me", she sighed.

"So ...?" Her friend raised her brow.

" I told him firmly that I won't go even he waits for me", Seulgi explained with a sad frown.

Yeri softened her expression. She promised Minseok that she would stop Seulgi if she ever act recklessly.

Seulgi couldn't rest at all. It was not easy to control her bubbled up feelings.

Chanyeol couldn't sleep either and his heart raced when he thought about her. He really hoped that she would come to meet him even though she disagreed.

 

 

 

 

 

For the next three days, Seulgi didnot step out of the house. She obediently followed all the teachings given by Eunji.

She looked gloomy and dispirited and ate very little. She had a lot going on her mind but kept those feelings to herself.

Lady Eunji was really worried about Seulgi.

"My Lord, Am I being too harsh and strict on Seulgi ?"

"No dear. What you are doing is for her best interest and Seulgi understands it too", Junmyeon assured her.

It's been almost three weeks since Seulgi had arrived to the capital. She was a happy and gleeful woman who always had lot of interesting matters to share.She tried her best to adapt to the city.

But from the past three days Seulgi was gloomy and she didn't speak more than a few words.

"Are we restraining her ? She seemed fine before but now by the look on her face I can interpret that she is melancholic. What should we do my Lord?", Eunji had a sad frown.

" Seulgi is indeed a free soul. So maybe we should allow her to go out or do however she likes", Junmyeon spoke after a long thought.

"Sure my Lord. After the wedding she would be restrained in every way. So atleast until her stay in our house we can let her be free", Eunji agreed thoughtfully.

 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi was called into the main hall where Junmyeon and Eunji are seated together. She looked glum and out of place as she sat before them.

" Seulgi, what happened?" Junmyeon asked in a calm tone.

"Nothing Uncle Junmyeon", she replied immediately and faked a smile.

" You stopped using those weird but cute nicknames", He grinned.

This time she smiled for real but kept her silence.

" You are getting married in a week. I can understand that you are greatly pressureed about it. But we are here to help you however possible", Eunji gave a warm smile.

"Thank you for such assurance Aunt Eunji. I'm worried a little but other than that I'm doing fine", she lied.

" From today my wife will cease all her etiquette teachings. You are free", Junmyeon informed with a grin.

Seulgi was perplexed.

" You can go out whenever you want. You can look around the capital and we can go to my daughters house if you are bored. Or I can carry you on my back if you don't want to walk till there. Oh I heard you are a prankster. So maybe we can sneak into Yeri's room and scare her with....".

Seulgi laughed at his continuous chatter.

"Uncle Junie, stop it. You don't have to do anything. Thank you for thinking about me", she smiled.

Seulgi was happy that she was granted permission to go out. But that was not the reason for her depressed mood.

She was confused about her life. Yeol, was her first Love. Even though she was just ten when she met him, he made her feel confident about herself. She liked and adored him since then.

That Yeol had a special place in her heart. When she came to know that she was betrothed to him, she was a bit happy and relieved because it was Yeol, her friend.

But after coming to the capital, the things she have heard and seen made her realise that the Yeol she knew has completely changed into a fierce and heartless king.

And when she met that special stranger, her heart wavered. 

 

 

 

 

  That evening, Eunji called Seulgi and Yeri into her room.

"Seulgi, I was informed that your new robes have been prepared. So why don't you go and get them from the cloth merchant", Eunji suggested.

Yeri and Seulgi went out to get her grand robes that she was supposed to wear when she go to the palace.

They passed by few noisy old men who sat under a tree and talked about irrelevant issues about their Kingdom.

" She was brutally killed on the orders of the King ", one of them spoke which gained Seulgi's attention.

" Her family was imprisoned and tortured to death", the other old man spoke.

' King ordered to kill a woman? Aren't women and children spared from such punishments. so cruel!!!', She muttered.

They finally reached the place where she previously met Chanyeol. She glanced at the spot where he said that he would wait.

Seulgi was downhearted that he was nowhere to be seen. When she stepped out of the house she hoped to have a peek at the man but the stubborn man was absent.

'  I'm here but where are you? '

The old lady at the stationery store recognised her.
Seulgi gave her a slight smile and turned to look at the empty place. Somehow she was depressed again.

"My Lady... Are you here for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter