Their Apology

The Third Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After a long journey around the whole Kingdom for more than three weeks, Prince Kai and his family has returned back to the palace.

Prince Kai and Lady Soojung visited the King to give their respects.

Lord Kyungsoo was present when they walked into the King's chamber.

"Your majesty...", The couple bowed to Chanyeol before they sat infront of him. Kai greeted Kyungsoo as he handed over few documents.

"Kai...It's good to see you", Chanyeol was relieved that his brother returned back in one piece from his secret mission.

"It's good to see you too Hyungnim. And I'm proud to inform you that our plan had been successful", Kai flashed a smile.

"I knew you are capable in this. But because of this your wife and children had to suffer... ", Chanyeol apologetically looked at both Kai and Soojung.

" I did my duty as a prince. And we also had a great time during our trip ", Kai spoke.

"Yes, your highness, for once we are glad to spend some time out of the palace and our kids enjoyed the travelling too", Soojung added with a smile.

Chanyeol thanked his brother nonetheless as Kai risked the safety of his family.

"So, where are your children now?" He was curious as he wanted to see his naughty niece and nephew.

"They are with mother. She missed her grandchildren so much that she snatched them away from us as soon as we entered her chambers", Kai chuckled.

Chanyeol smiled as he wondered when he would have his own kids to play with. He was a little jealous of his younger brothers.

Kyungsoo paid attention to their conversation and also studied the documents that has Kai submitted.

Every other royal minister except for Baekhyun and Jongdae thought that Kai went on a family trip.
But the main reason of his trip was to secretly investigate about the corruption and treason of royal officials in various provinces of their Kingdom.

Kai documented his findings on every province and submitted it to the King.

" Kai, are you sure that no one else knew about this?" Kyungsoo was skeptical.

"Yes Hyung, I mostly investigated at night and I am sure that no one else knows ", Kai explained.

Kyungsoo nodded his head.

"Your Majesty, according to Kai's report I think your suspicions are true", Kyungsoo spoke up hesitantly.

"So that means the traitor is Pri-", Kai trialled off because of his wife. Although Soojung supported his investigation, he never told her about his findings.

He doesn't discuss the secret political affairs of the Kingdom.

Soojung understood his predicament. "I can leave. You can continue..."

"No, lady Soojung, you can stay. Kai we can talk about this tomorrow morning. Let's not discuss about this for now", Chanyeol stopped her.

The servants came in and served some herbal tea.

" I forgot!! Congratulations on your marriage Hyungnim", Kai greeted with excitement.

Chanyeol smiled and wanted to introduce Seulgi to the couple.

" Go and summon the third Queen", King ordered one of the maids. She nodded and went out to bring Seulgi.

 'Let's see if Kai remembered her or not...'  

Kai was a little confounded. Chanyeol never called his other wives when he was with his brothers.

 ' Is it Seul? '  Kai awaited to see the new Queen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yeri completed a painting and showed it to Seulgi in anticipation of her reaction.

" secenery looks so realistic...", Seulgi complimented as she closely observed the art.

"My Lady, I need a favour ".

" I drew this as a present for Lord Jongdae. He helped me out from Queen Sooyoung that day. So I want to thank him properly",Yeri spoke.

"Oh! that's a great thought. So you want me to pass it to him on your behalf ?" Seulgi raised her brow.
She thought Yeri hated Jongdae as much as she hated Chanyeol.

"No... I'll give it myself. But I want you to write a thank you note on behalf of me. Please...", Yeri never learnt how to read or write.

Seulgi sat down at the table to write and Yeri brought a parchment, some ink and brush for her. They were disturbed with a knock on the door.

"Your highness, His majesty wants you at his chamber ", A maid informed.

" This can wait. Go", Yeri assured her.

Seulgi was not in her best robes as it was evening and didn't expect such sudden invitation from the King.

But she didn't want to dress up for him. She quickly walked out of her chambers and the maids behind her.

Seulgi walked into his meeting room but didn't dare to look at his face.She remembered how the King has kissed her twice. She felt tingly in her stomach.

Chanyeol found her standing awkwardly near the entrance.

" She is here...", He gestured at others.

Seulgi lifted her head and found Kyungsoo and two other new persons in the room.

" Just as I thought", Kai exclaimed loudly.

"So you remember her? ", Chanyeol was not impressed. He thought his brother was same as him. Forgetful!

"Yes ", Kai smiled and gazed at the new Queen.

" Kai...?" Seulgi blinked as she walked to their table.

" Seulll...Oh it is you!... It's so good to see you. You have grown well into a fine lady", Kai stood up from his chair and approached her.

" Kai... You are a Prince!", She smiled. He had changed so much since she last saw him.

"I'm so gald that you remembered me Kai, unlike someone", Seulgi frowned at the King behind him.

"Hey that was because I didn't know your full name", Chanyeol argued.

" Hyungnim, Kang Seul and Kang Seulgi, similar enough", Kai grinned and she nodded with giggles.

Even though they met after a long time, Seulgi was able to converse comfortably with Kai.

Soojung cleared . She could not stand the scene infront of her.

"My dear Prince, why don't you sit and talk", she intervened.

"Oh! Seulgi I forgot to introduce you to my wife, Soojung", He pointed at his wife from where he stood.

"It's good to meet you my lady", Seulgi bowed awkwardly.

"My Queen", Soojung bowed a little.

Soojung didn't knew what to think about the new Queen. But she disliked the fact that her husband seemed close to her.

Kai started to ask more about her life and Seulgi spoke about how she lived with her uncle's family until her wedding.

" I don't like what I'm seeing" , Soojung muttered.

" I feel the same", Chanyeol agreed with a nod.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter