First Marriage

The Third Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Once upon a time in Josen Era,

 

Crown Prince Chanyeol and his brothers are playing in the palace arena. "Hyung that's not fair",  his younger brother Sehun whined. "Sehun you need to accept the truth that you are bad at sword fight", chanyeol laughed.

"Hyungnim let's have a revenge match", Prince Kai wiped his sweat.

"Don't include me in that. I'm tired ",Sehun was exhausted and Kai rolled his eyes.

"Chanyeolll...uh I mean...crown Prince, Your majesty is looking for you", Chanyeol's bestfriend, Baekhyun informed.

"What is it this time Hyung? Did father found out that you, Baekhyun and Jongdae sneaked out last night?" Sehun gave a teasing smile.

"He wouldn't know a thing if you shut your blabbering mouth", Chanyeol looked annoyed and walked away from them as Kai laughed at Sehun.

 

 

 

 

 

"Do you have any idea why father has summoned me?" Chanyeol asked Baekhyun as they walked towards the King's chamber.

"I don't know. But it seemed something important. Even your mother and ministers are also present", Baekhyun informed.

 

 

 

 

At King's Chamber, 

Crown Prince walked into his father's (king) chamber. His mother, Queen Yuri was also present beside him. As soon as Chanyeol went in, he bowed to his parents.

"Prince Chanyeol as you are already seventeen years old, I believe that it's time for you to get married", the king Changmin informed.

Chanyeol knew that he was supposed to have an arranged marriage but it was too soon for him. Also he hated the idea of marriage without any love.

"Your mother and our ministers also agreed to it. So prepare yourself for the wedding", The king ordered.

"But father...your majesty...I ", Chanyeol stuttered as he was afraid to speak. "Chanyeol this is just your first marriage. You don't have to be afraid about it", Queen Yuri tried to ease him.

Chanyeol's father had so many wives and concubines, and that's how he ended up with lots of step brothers and sisters.

In childhood Chanyeol decided that he would have only one wife for life. But he doesn't get to choose his wife and he don't have any other choice except agreeing to his parents selection.

"Your wife to be, is the daughter of our treasurey minister Son. and She is a very pretty and decent girl", his mother gave him the details.

I don't care whose daughter she is. And what does it even mean by ''decent girl?'... Chanyeol was frustrated.

"The wedding ceremony will start in three days. I have already informed Jongdae to prepare your wedding robes. So You can leave now",the king ordered.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol kept his silence and came out of the king's quarters. Baekhyun had secretly heard the whole conversation and teased the future King.

"Looks like someone is blushing", Baekhyun smiled.

" Why would I blush when I'm not at all interested to get married", Chanyeol frowned hard.

"We know this would happen one day and its not a bad thing you know. You can have a nice companion", Baekhyun was always optimistic.

" Don't you think that this is so soon. What if i don't like her?" Chanyeol gave a worried look.

"First of all its not that soon. We both are of same age but I'm already married to Taeyeon. And even if you don't like her at first, eventually you will come to like her", Baekhyun patted his hand.

"Trust me. It happened with me too", He gave him a slight smile.

" Then let's go and try my wedding robes", Chanyeol turned his path and Baekhyun followed him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Son Seungwan was sixteen years old when she stepped into the palace for the first time. Her maids and other servants carried all possessions into her new quarters.

She was very nervous since the day she was informed that she is betrothed to the crown Prince. She heard about him from her father but never actually saw him in person.

Seungwan was the youngest daughter in her family and she always followed the rules and instructions given by her family. She was good at cooking, embroidery,flower arrangements and most importantly she has the perfect lady like manners.

It was one of the reasons why she was chosen as the wife for the Prince. Although Seungwan's parents are rich, she loved simple things and was always considerate to her maids.

Seungwan got settled in her new quarters. She liked the palace atmosphere very much. 

 

 

 

In Chanyeol's Quarters,

"Hyungnim, Are you really getting married tomorrow?" Kai asked as he sipped his tea. Chanyeol slightly nodded his head.

"Ofcourse it's true kai", Sehun smirked. " He looks worried though. How are the preparations hyung?" 

"Yesterday I tried my ceremonial robes and they seemed fine", Chanyeol spoke in disinterest.

Sehun always loved to tease chanyeol and he never let go of any opportunities. "Hyung...I asked about wedding night preparations", Sehun winked and received a smack from Chanyeol. Kai tried to control his laughter.

        Chanyeol was actually worried about and really don't know what might happen after his marriage.

He felt shy and nervous whenever he thought about marrying an unknown girl.

"So what is her name?" Sehun questioned. "I don't know", Chanyeol frowned. "What is her age?" He questioned again. "I don't know", the eld

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter