The emperor

The Third Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Prince Kai and the newly renewed Prince Kyungsoo discussed various issues over alcohol at the royal chambers. Kyungsoo always preferred Kai's company rather than the king.

" Congratulations on the birth of your son...",  Kai clapped his hands happily and Kyungsoo smiled at his childish behaviour.

"We all had kids before him, isn't it ?"

Kyungsoo understood whom Kai has mentioned about. Kai randomly spoke about Chanyeol but it was deemed inappropriate for the Princes' to talk about the king in royal palace which have hidden ears everywhere.

Kyungsoo dragged the drunken man back to his chambers. Kai staggered but he gripped onto his step-brother.

"To be honest, sometimes... I feel that it is unfair..." Kai mumbled and Kyungsoo stopped for a moment.

" No it is not. We don't have any reason to think that way..."

Kai stood still at Kyungsoo's words. Why does Kyungsoo always believed that Chanyeol will be a great king? If Kai had to make a choice he would gladly choose Kyungsoo.

" Hyungnim let us live and even allowed us to stay with him. He is such a kind and loyal brother." Kyungsoo had only optimistic words to talk about Chanyeol.

Kai already knew that. " But I love you Hyung!", He hiccuped.

" I know that Kai...", Kyungsoo chuckled as he knocked on Kai's personal quarters. Soojung opened it wide and gave them a disappointed look but still dragged her dear husband to bed with the help of Kyungsoo.

" Thank you my lord-..."

" Kyungsoo Hyung!...I said I love you...", Kai mumbled in sleep.

" I'm sorry about the little troublemaker for today my lady." Kyungsoo felt awkward.

But Soojung just waved it off, "Good night my lord."


   

 

 

 


 

The second and third Queen became good friends and Queen Seungwan felt left out. She tried to befriend Sooyoung in the past but she was afraid of her outrageous behaviour.

Chanyeol gave his unwavering attention and affection on Seungwan and on the child inside her and it made her content and happy.

The dowager Queen Yuri got quite strict about Seungwan's health and care. She herself personally supervised everything Seungwan ate and did.

Seulgi visited her but the first queen couldn't forgo the bitter emotions she felt towards the king's third wife.

Maybe if Seulgi wasn't there, Chanyeol might have eventually fallen for her?
She still has the hope that Chanyeol will love her, more than he love Seulgi once their child is born. It will be the king's first heir afterall.
Seungwan always had such inner conflicting thoughts but she never shared with them to another soul.


   

 

 

 

 

 

" You must be missing your family at your Kingdom..."

Sooyoung looked at Chanyeol in confusion. They were alone in her chambers and the first thing he mentioned about was about her family. Why all of a sudden?!

" I do miss them. My father, my brother." The second queen spoke. She haven't seen them in a while.

"You should go to your homeland to see them", The king gave out the idea which more likely seemed like an order.

Sooyoung was a princess before and She knew how the royal Kingdoms worked and she grasped Chanyeol's real intention.

The queen gave him an understanding nod and Chanyeol pulled her for a tight hug and started to kiss her neck. Her chambers maids moved away from the doors to give the couple some privacy.

" I want you to pass this to your brother...", Chanyeol whispered at her ear as they were alone and slid a small parchment into her hand. Sooyoung nodded and hid what was given.


 

 

 

" Your majesty, I want your permission so I can visit my family", Sooyoung later requested at the royal court.

" You can go my Queen", Chanyeol agreed after taking approval from his royal ministers.

Sooyoung's father would surely get a shock from her surprised visit. She prepared her baggage to visit her own Kingdom. She didn't miss that place very much but the thought of going to visit it again after few years made her excited.

As Sooyoung was out of the Kingdom and everyone else at the palace were being unexplainably busy, Seulgi was more than bored.

The only one available to talk was Chanyeol but even he seemed to plan his way out of the palace in disguise.

" Am I a bird Yeol?" Seulgi stood infront of her husband.

The latter calmy looked at her. " No..."

" Then you must have surely forgotten that I haven't stepped out of the palace cage since our wedding ."

" Seul... This is not a cage and you are not a bird!" Chanyeol clicked his lips giving a glare at his wife.

" Then take me out with you...", Seulgi clasped her hands together and smiled in hopes of his approval.

Chanyeol rigidly shook his head as he walked out of his chambers to get his horse.
" Please Chanyeol...", His wife begged repeatedly, following him and the man sighed as he mounted on his horse.

" Fine", Chanyeol held her waist and picked her up onto the saddle. Seulgi grinned triumphantly.

" Shall we get going?" Chanyeol asked as he hugged her from behind. His wife gave nod.

Seulgi thought they would just roam the capital city and spend time together just like how they did before their wedding but her hopes were drained when her husband took her to the residents area.

" Why are we here?"

" That is Baekhyun's house." Chanyeol got down from his horse. Seulgi should have known better. Chanyeol has to deal with palace works rather than enjoying time with his beloved.

The Byun family were always used to the King's unannounced visit to their home but they were shocked to see his third wife.

Seulgi was a little glad that she finally got to meet Baekhyun's wife and their son.

" Hey Son-in-law...", Chanyeol poked the little boy's cheeks and the boy gave him a shy grin. Seulgi was surprised to hear that.

" Baekhyun's son will marry our future daughter. I made

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter