Her Jealousy

The Third Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Few more weeks passed in a bliss, for both the King and his wives at the palace.
Chanyeol started to spend his free time with Sooyoung too. His hatred towards her was completely gone.

The palace maids gossiped about the King and second Queen. It was a rare sight for everyone because Chanyeol used to hate Sooyoung to the core.

Seulgi assumed he was indulged in royal works but she was glad that he visited her whenever possible.

Soon Seulgi came to know about Chanyeol and Sooyoung improving relationship.
She got jealous. She shouldn't be as she was the one who came later to the palace.
But when in love, jealousy was bound to happen.

The third Queen watched Queen Sooyoung, always surrounded the King and trying her best to get his attention. Sometimes the second Queen would get clingy , but the King didn't seem to mind it that much like he always did.

Seulgi was irritated at such closeness. She then paid attention to palace maids secret talks outside her chambers.

"The King and the queen... I'm so shy to speak about it", One of them said but the other maid tried to probe further.

"Is it about the King and his new wife?"

"No, Queen Sooyoung and our handsome King", The maid whispered.

"So what happened?"

"Well, I was instructed to serve the herbal tea in King's study chamber, but I saw Queen Sooyoung on the floor and his highness on top of her!"

The women squealed in surprise.

" Oh come on! King is into his third wife. Everyone knows that...", The other maid gave a disbelieveing groan.

"But this is true. I even heard their explicit sounds", the maid added more spice to her description.
The giggling maids dispersed when they caught a glimpse of the third Queen.

Seulgi was extremely rattled and saddened at such information. She would have preferred ignorance than the knowledge on what went between Chanyeol and his other Queen but those gossips filled her mind.

A King, having multiple wives, he had the right to sleep with whoever he wants. But Seulgi was scared to lose Chanyeol. Jealousy made her mind and heart restless.

 

 

 

 

Queen Sooyoung started to learn cooking, one of her strategies to claim the King, Seulgi concluded.

" Rest assured my King, because the tasting maids said the food turned out just fine", Sooyoung invited Chanyeol for dinner, but Seulgi was at his chamber at that point of time.

She held Chanyeol's arm and tried to stop him.
"Seul... I'll come to your chambers later... Why don't you go and rest until then", said the King and went with Sooyoung, as a sincere smile adored his face when his second wife held his arm.

Seulgi was sure that Chanyeol hated Sooyoung, even just few days ago. What made him change so much? Just watching them together made her boil with rage.

Chanyeol interacted and spoke well with the maids as well and all those females were always awestruck at such an attractive and  gentle King.
Kang Seulgi turned possessive. She couldn't take it anymore. Worry, pain and mostly jealousy filled her heart.

Maybe Sooyoung forced herself on the King!
Maybe Chanyeol doesn't love her anymore, was all she could think.

Sharing her dear man with other women was not at all possible.

There was a heavy weight of responsibilities on the King's shoulders and he was a busybody. So she should know better that she shouldn't enter his chambers unannounced.
First few times Chanyeol forgave her but Seulgi didn't stop her tactics.

" Seulgi, I will visit you tomorrow", He repeated as he was annoyed with her.

" Promise?" The third Queen pouted childishly and the King laughed and nodded.

Seulgi roamed in the garden, watching at the moon in the sky.
There are many bright stars but only the pole star was closer to the moon. She wished she was that star.

" Yeol doesn't love me now? No! he said he loves me. But what if he said the same to Sooyoung ?" She mumbled herself and continued to think with a deep frown.

 Chanyeol changed... Or was he always like that, surrounded by woman?! 

She was hurt, thinking that she was not the only one in Chanyeol's heart.

 

 

 

 

The King, as promised visited Seulgi's chamber that next night.
Chanyeol placed his arm on her waist to kiss but she doesn't respond.

"Why are you so quite?"

Seulgi kept her silence. Chanyeol stretched out his long arms and locked her in his embrace.

" Seulgi...?" He nudged her shoulder.

She broke their hug and reluctantly looked at his side.

"What are you thinking about?"

"About your other wives...", She answered honestly.
" You are very close with Sooyoung now a days. I don't like it".

Chanyeol speechless, withdrew his hand from her.

Seulgi was wrong she knew it, so she hanged her head low in guilt.

"Chanyeol... I-I am so..."

"Seulgi...I want you to respect them. Both Sooyoung and Seungwan", Sadness reflected in his eyes.

" I respect them as they are the queens of this Kingdom but you have been spending more time with Sooyoung and I thought you love her too ."

"She is my wife and I do like her. But the love between you and me is different. You don't have to compare with Sooyoung or Seungwan", Chanyeol frowned and gave her an unimpressed look.
"They are my responsibility".

"I know...", She mumbled.

"So I need to give them my time. I can not just ignore them!"

" But You are the love of my life. Our bond is stronger than we think, Seulgi. So you don't have to feel insecure", Chanyeol asserted.

She found her voice and apologized.
"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have doubted your intentions. You mean well but it's just that I am afraid that you won't love me..."

Seulgi realised how stupid she was. Chanyeol always showed his utmost love and treated her with care, but she was blinded by mere jealousy.

"I'm so sorry... really sorry. Please forgive me", She let her tears fall.

" I don't want your apology Seul. I just want you to-...", He was quick to wipe her tears.

"I understand now. I'm going to support you, with your other wives", She hugged him.

" You look pretty when you were jealous too".

Seulgi blushed at the King's compliment.

" But you do have a reason to get jealous. I know how much it pains to see our loved ones with someone else. I saw my mother, Kyungsoo's mother, how sad and depressed they were when father married again and again. So from next time make sure to discuss your worries with me ", Chanyeol asked in his kind tone.
She knew he forgave her but she apologized over and over again.

" I was informed that you fought alot with Sooyoung. Is it due to your jealousy too?" Chanyeol chuckled lightly.

Seulgi was about to protest.

" I find those squabbles really funny", He smiled.
"But you should try befriending her. Maybe you can succeed", Chanyeol didn't want Seulgi to judge Sooyoung without personally knowing her.

He hugged his wife closely and his embrace was warm, contrast to the weather. Seulgi smiled and felt calm in his embrace.

She turned to the other side to sleep and closed her eyes. Images of horrible deaths passed her mind.

"Chanyeol... I'm scared", Seulgi said quietly.

"Why?! "

"About giving birth...", She finally uttered those words. She felt something inauspicious might happen.

" Are you by any chance-", He sat up in anticipation.

"No! Not yet. I'm still not sure about it", Seulgi denied.

Chanyeol stayed quite. Was he disappointed!? Yes he was but he couldn'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter