New Queen

The Third Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
   

Seulgi's eyes nearly popped out from her sockets in surprise and shock when she saw the King.

' Am I still dreaming? He is the King? This seems too realistic to be a dream' She pinched herself.

She was not dreaming. He is the King.

Chanyeol side glanced at his wife's flustered face. She continued to gaze at him in utter shock.

" You can breathe now ", Chanyeol spoke without looking at her and Seulgi flinched. But his voice and a wide smile on his face brought her back.

Seulgi didn't know how to react to that unforseen situation. The man she fell in love turned out to be the King, whom she had hated for some invalid reasons.

' Should I be happy or sad ', She had mixed emotions running through her mind.

Tears rolled in her eyes. Is it because she was relieved that she married her lover or because she was angry and disappointed that he hid his identity as a King. She looked down, to wipe her tears.

" The ceremony is completed. Long live the King and his Queen ", The high priests announced and bowed to the newly wedded pair.

The royal ministers and guests started to congratulate the King. Seulgi silently stood beside him.

Her heart felt uncomfortable whenever he made an eye contact with her while he was greeted by the guests.

Seulgi avoided his looks and glanced over the other guests and spotted Kyungsoo in the crowd. ' His brother Kyungsoo! Then where is Kai??...'

Yeri who stood behind Seulgi all that time, gawking at the King. She was shocked to know his real identity too.

" I think you should close your mouth. It's been open for too long", Jongdae teased Yeri and she shot him a death glare.

Both Baekhyun and Jongdae laughed at her ignorance. Yeri just scoffed and remained silent.

Lord Junmyeon and lady Eunji bowed to Chanyeol.

" If you have any problems in the palace you can inform your uncle about it", Eunji hugged the new Queen.

" The house seems dull since you have left... But My wife has started to call me Junie", Junmyeon chortled and the older couple giggled together.

Seulgi was relieved a bit because of their presence.

 

 

 

 

 

The newly weds and the royal family walked towards the royal dining hall. The maids and gaurds followed them.

Seulgi walked without any sense in her heavy grand outfit and her head was spinning. Yeri tried to guide as she held her hand. Chanyeol walked a bit far from her.

" My Lady! He is-" Yeri tried to whisper.

" I know!!!" Seulgi sputtered out.

" Did you know th-"

" I-I really don't know! "

Seulgi really didn't mean to turn at the King but she did and he caught her eyes. Chanyeol didn't break his gaze and approached her. She blinked and he blinked in response.

" I-", He tried to speak.

Seulgi felt dizzy and lost the strength in her knees. She flapped her lashes as she tried to keep her eyes open. But she fainted on to his side.

" My Lady !!!", Chanyeol caught her before she fell on to the ground. He could see her pale and exhausted face.

' She is sick?!!! ' He was tensed.

"Oh god!!...", Yeri yelled in panic.

" What is going on? " The dowager Queen Yuri hurriedly walked towards the little commotion.

" The new queen has fainted... " Jongdae informed.

Chanyeol was about to lift Seulgi up in his arms but his mother stopped him.

" Your highness, you are not supposed to do such petty things. The servants will help her", Yuri spoke.

The maids rushed over to Seulgi and carried her to the new quarters. Chanyeol watched her in concern.

"My King, You should go and have the feast with royal members. They are here for you", Yuri sent him away. Unwillingly he walked off and his friends followed him.

 

 

 

 

 

At Queen Seulgi's Chamber,

The physician checked Seulgi's condition.

" The Kang clan genes are very strong. Why did she faint?" Yuri enquired with a frown.

She was worried that the new queen– from whom she expected to get a grandchild–was sick.

"It seemed that Her highness didn't eat properly from the past few days. She needs to eat well to regain strength and she will be fine", The physician explained and he was dismissed.

" Make sure that Queen Seulgi takes proper nutritional food. Take care of her health", The queen ordered the head maid.

' Why didn't she eat?? Tensed about the wedding? ' Yuri left.

After few hours Seulgi woke up and they made her eat.

" You almost gave me a heartattack ", Yeri sat beside Seulgi with a worried frown.

Seulgi's head ached and she lied back on the bed.

" I have never seen get this sick. I thought you are immune to sickness because of your magical hair" Yeri adjusted her blanket.

Seulgi chortled. "It's not magical..." She slowly drifted back to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

At King's Chamber,

Chanyeol sat with his brothers, inevitably worried about her condition.

" Hyung, you called her my Lady!! Perhaps do you know her ? " Sehun questioned.

"No", The King lied.

"Aye! Kyungsoo hyung told me everything. And on that day I even saw you holding her hand and running away from us", the third Prince laughed heartily.

Chanyeol face palmed himself. He didn't want his brothers especially Sehun to know that he already got acquainted with her.

" Keep this as a secret. Mother shouldn't know this ", Chanyeol requested his younger brother. Sehun gave a nod.

" Your majesty, I got the information that Queen has fainted due to no proper food intake ", Baekhyun informed him.

'' She didn't eat because of me? I should have revealed myself sooner'' Chanyeol regretted.

' I know you will regret like this ' Baekhyun thought.

 

 

 

 

 

When his brothers and friends went back to their respective homes, Chanyeol was alone and he needed a someone to listen out his worries.

His only other friend in the palace was his first wife. So he visited her and they sat for dinner.

" Why aren't you eating anything your Majesty ?" Seungwan looked at his untouched food.

" Seungwan...I'm worried about her. She became sick and fainted because of me", Chanyeol uttered.

" Because of you ?? " 

The King confessed everything.

" You love the new Queen ??" Seungwan piqued.

" All these years I patiently waited that one day you will love me back, but now you are saying that you fell in love with someone else? "

Chanyeol was quiet due to shock. The calm and innocent Seungwan he knew has yelled at him.

" Seungwan... you are still my close friend ". He didn't know what else to say.

" That's the only reason why I'm surviving in this lonely palace. But I want you to love me. What do I lack? " She started to sob.

Chanyeol rubbed his temples. He didn't expect that such day would come where Seungwan would question him about his feelings towards her.

Seungwan still in tears approached and took the bold descion to kiss the King.

He stayed still as he couldn't push her away. He couldn't do that when she cried and pleaded for his love.

" I really love you...", Seungwan whispered and moved back. Chanyeol caught her hand.
" I can't love you like you love me. But if this is what you want-", He kissed her passionately.

 * Ehem *

Next morning, Seungwan regretted what she said to the King. She was depressed because of her two miscarriages and when he told her about his love towards another woman She lost her conscience.

When Chanyeol woke up, he didn't leave.

" You know... loving a person is different from making love. I'm sure you realise that since you have found someone you truly love. I understand what you did last night was to make me feel better". Seungwan spoke.

He was quite at the bitter truth.

" I'm glad that you spend the night with me eventhough the one you love is right here in the palace". She informed that she doesn't want to be his friend anymore.

'' Remember what I have promised you years ago? I'm going to keep my promise. I will always care about you", Chanyeol dressed up and went back to his chambers.

 

 

 

 

 

**( Next Day )**  

Seulgi felt suffocated inside her room and decided to stroll in the garden beside her quarters.

She glanced at the large orchard of plants and trees. Then she remembered how she climbed a mango tree and fell on Yeol. A little smile crept on her lips.

She glanced at her half curly hair and brushed it with her fingers and made it into a bun.
She heard some footsteps and turned to look at the source, Queen Seungwan.

Seulgi didn't know how to greet her. As Seungwan was the first wife of the King and the first Quee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter