How they met pt-1

The Third Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

At Royal Palace,

Queen Sooyoung came to know that the King was getting married. She was not happy with the news, infact she fumed up in anger.

She didn't want to share her husband with anyone. She was also scared that he might fall in love with his new wife.

As a queen it was her duty to support the king in every way possible. But she loved him too much and got very possessive about the King.

Sooyoung's only hope was Queen Seungwan. 

Although she hated every inch of Seungwan's existence in the King's life, she needed her help inorder to persuade the king to stop his marriage.

Sooyoung who have never cared to visit Seungwan when she had two miscarriages had decided to visit her.

 

 

 

A Seungwan's chamber,

 

"Your highness, Queen Sooyoung is here to visit you", a maid announced and Sooyoung walked in.

"Queen Sooyoung! You woke up early... I mean...", Seungwan didn't know how to react upon her sudden visit.

"Oh my! Look at your eyes. Have you been crying?" Sooyoung laughed.

" No!" Seungwan in shock, quickly wiped her face and eyes.

Sooyoung rolled her eyes in an irritated way. " Did the King visit you last night?"

"No ", Seungwan was a little scared.

"Well I found out that the king was betrothed to a commoner. And by looking at your puffy eyes I can assume that you knew it too", Sooyoung pointed out.

Seungwan nodded. She came to know about the King's upcoming marriage from her father.

As Minister Son worked at the royal court, he knew about the promise letter and informed it to his daughter the previous day.

" We need to stop this nonsensical marriage", Sooyoung revealed her reason to visit the first Queen.

"Queen Sooyoung, The marriage was already decided by the elders in the palace. We must support the King...", Seungwan tried to explain.

Sooyoung got angry.

"Oh god! When will you stop trying to be a nice lady? I know very well that you don't approve this marriage. You are crying about it. Aren't you?"

No one can really have a proper conversation with Sooyoung. She was hot-headed most of the time.

" I'm not trying to be nice. As the wives of the king we cannot disrespect his decisions", Seungwan spoke.

Sooyoung huffed and folded her hands. 

" I agree that I'm sad. But that's all I can do. I can't forestall his highness from having another wife. When he was betrothed to you, I supported him...", Seungwan explained how she actually felt.

She only cherished her every moment with Chanyeol. She was just glad he made time for her. 

But Sooyoung was completely opposite. She was always jealous of Seungwan and she doesn't want the king to have another wife. 

The second Queen was worried that the king might not visit her anymore.

" This whole marriage must be arranged because they needed an heir from the king. Let us go and speak to the king", Sooyoung held Seungwan's hands and dragged her out.

Her grip was so tight on Seungwan's hand and as she was still weak she gave in.

"Queen Sooyoung......", before Seungwan could protest they were already infront of Chanyeol's quarters.

Seungwan breathed heavily as she held her chest and Sooyoung sighed as she released her grip.

 

 

At Chanyeol's Quarters,

 

 "Y-your Ma-Majesty... both the Queens are here to visit you", the guard who stood at the entrance door, was baffled by seeing the appearance of two Queens at such an early hour, without any assisting maids.

Seungwan wanted to go back right after catching her breath but too bad the gaurd had already announced about their visit.

"Just come and stay with me. I'll do the talking", Sooyoung nudged her and entered the King's chamber and Seungwan silently tagged along with her.

Chanyeol spilled his tea when he heard the announcement of his gaurd and his friend Jongdae laughed at him.

' Last time I checked, Sooyoung hated Seungwan with all her heart?!' 

"Your wives are here! looks like I'm going to witness some intense conversation. I'm glad I came early for work. Too bad Baekhyun missed this", Jongdae chuckled.

Chanyeol was already in a bad mood because of his upcoming marriage.

 " Jongdae! this is not the time to tease me. Whatever the reason they are here for, please try to back me up...", the king stopped when he heard their footsteps.

Chanyeol slowly turned at his wives. He tried not to look at Sooyoung, but she was taller than Seungwan, he couldn't avoid her tall figure.

He dropped his eyes and frowned as soon as he met his eyes with Sooyoung.

" Sooyoung! Why are you here??" He asked with a disinterested tone.

"Your Majesty, did I ask you such questions when you visit me ?" Sooyoung retaliated his question with a smirk.

' An interesting question! I have to agree that second Queen have her own sense of humor', Jondage snorted.

Chanyeol's eyes went wide in embarrassment and he was tongue-tied for a moment. 

'God! This woman!!'

In the meantime Sooyoung settled herself beside the king and Seungwan took the seat beside her.

" Just tell me why you both are here. Seungwan what are you doing with her?" 

"I... we..", Seungwan was scared when he questioned in such an authoritative voice.

"I'll explain", the Second Queen spoke up and as expected, she didn't even flinch.

" We heard about your supposedly third wedding with a commoner. I'm requesting you to not to marry again", Sooyoung tried to cling her arm on his hand but he brushed it off.

" Sooyoung some things won't work the way you want. This issue is not in my hands", Chanyeol sighed.

Sooyoung didn't give up. 

"Then go and inform the Royal officials that you are not willing to marry that peasant. What your grandfather asked you to do is worthless. This marriage won't help you in any way", Sooyoung spoke out her mind.

Marrying Lady Kang will not strengthen his position in any way as she was a mere commoner. But he couldn't disregard his grandfather's wish.

"I can't do that. But why are you against this?" he raised his brows.

" I don't want you to have another wife. I don't think you can be able manage another wife", Queen Sooyoung was also a bit sarcastic when she said that. 

Because whenever Chanyeol wanted to escape from her, the only excuse he gave her was that he was busy with royal works. 

" I don't want this marriage. Trust me", He spoke the truth. Sooyoung gave him a suspicious look.

"Even if I don't gain anything I have to marry because of the royal promise. It's not about spending leisure time", he rolled his eyes.

"Your highness, No! there is more to this. You want an heir from her. Don't you?" Sooyoung raised her voice.

Chanyeol looked at Seungwan.

"Seungwan is this why you came here ? More than anyone you should know that I hate to have multiple wives. I told my mother to wait for an heir until you get better", Chanyeol already explained his situation.

"Then what about me? I could give you an heir if your royal physicians stop giving me those bitter contraceptions", Sooyoung complained.

Chanyeol was guilty about it. Everytime he visited Sooyoung, he instructed the maids to make sure that she was given the contraceptive melange that next morning.

"Let's not talk about that topic for now", The king avoided.

"Fine! But then don't marry again", Sooyoung never know when to give up.

King Chanyeol was fed up. "I told you I cannot do that", he scrunched his nose.

Queen Sooyoung realised that it was pointless to pester him anymore. 

"Then don't give her the title of a Queen. Make her your concubine", Sooyoung suggested as she didn't want a commoner to be addressed as a Queen.

"I'm sorry to interfere your highness. But the letter specially states that Lady Kang should be a Queen", Jongdae spoke up who was silent all along.

Sooyoung glared at him. She wanted to punish him for meddling in their discussion.

" This conversation ends here. So stop talking nonsense and go back to your quarters", Chanyeol ordered.

She stood up and gave him a scornful look. "It's all your fault. You shouldn't have suggested me to do this", Sooyoung blamed Seungwan and stalked out of his chambers.

Seungwan wanted to scream at her that Sooyoung lied.

"Seungwan...I thought we are close but I didn't expect that you came to support her."

"But I..."

"I know that she is lying. she might have forced you to come but the last thing I want is you being friends with Sooyoung", Chanyeol had to reprimand her.

"I'm sorry your Majesty. I'll be careful from next time", She apologized holding back her tears.

Chanyeol was so angry that he didn't pay her any attention. " You should leave too," he instructed her as he checked the papers infront of his table.

Seungwan came back and sobbed secretly in her room. Sooyoung did the same. She cried and refused to eat any meals for the day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At the Royal Court,

 

Jongdae explained Baekhyun about the Queens argument with the king.

"My king, I'm sure that Queen Sooyoung is jealous and afraid of your marriage. Your two wives are very possessive about you", Baekhyun chortled.

Chanyeol couldn't deny. He just held his head in frustration.

"Your highness, I think Lady Kang will suffer the wrath of Queen Sooyoung when she steps inside the palace. So you must take a good care of her ", Jongdae implied.

The king creased his brows. "You said the same thing for my previous marriages, that I should take care of them", he complained.

"Yes. Because they left their homes and came here to live with you. So it's a duty of a good husband to take a proper care of ones wives", Jongdae sounded like a philosophical preacher.

" You know all this and you are not even married yet?" the King questioned with a smirk.

" I don't intend to marry any time soon", Jongdae admitted.

" Chan-um... The king and I have married early. But why are you avoiding your marriage?", Baekhyun was the one who questioned him.

Whenever they discussed about Jongdae's betrothal he would disregard it.

" I didn't find the one yet. I don't want to have an arranged marriage like both of you. When I find a woman I love then I would definitely marry her", Jongdae explained.

"Wohoooo",his friends cooed at him. "Stop it both of you. We have lot of work to do", Jongdae ignored their teasing smirks.

Chanyeol wished he could find someone he truly love too. His mind wandered in thoughts. His heart felt empty.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At Royal Minister Junmyeon's House,

 

Kang Seulgi had been staying at Minister Junmyeon's house from the past one week.

Seulgi loved the ambience of the captial city. It was her first time in the city and she was excited about visiting the crowded market place. She got acquainted with Junmyeon's family members.

She was informed that Junmyeon had two daughters named Hayoung and Chaeyeon who are married to the third Prince Sehun and fourth Prince Jaehyun.

As these princes' lived outside of the palace Seulgi got a glimpse of them when they visited to meet Junmyeon.

 

 

 

 

 

But Seulgi was homesick. She missed her uncle's family, her province and her friend Yixing.

Seulgi was sixteen years old when she first met Yixing. He was twenty years old when they bumped into each other during a lantern festival at their province.
Soon both became good friends even though he belonged to the enemy Kingdom.

They couldn't meet frequently because Yixing would claim that he had very important works to attend. So they met only once in a month or two and spend the whole day in talking or sword fighting or trying to learn other new combat techniques.

Seulgi enjoyed Yixing's company and she missed him alot in the capital city. 

Seulgi sat on her bed and blankly stared out of her window. Her hands played with the sun shaped pendent that dangled from her chain.

"My lady, what are you thinking?" Yeri sat beside her.

Seulgi turned and smiled at her.

"Nothing in particular. Just various turn of events and how we both turned up here in the city", Seulgi continued to touch the pendent.

"  Never in my life I had thought that I would visit this enormous city", Yeri was still awestruck at the beautiful appearance of the capital.

" I feel that this is an unrealistic dream. I mean I never knew that I was eng

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter