Third Wedding

The Third Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol went back leaving Seulgi alone. He was really frustrated and annoyed at himself that he did not know that she was his bride.

He met Baekhyun, who waited with the horses.

" Let's get going...", The king scoffed. He looked really angry.

" Did she reject you?"

"Yes... She rejected me! Happy now?" Chanyeol shot him a glare and Baekhyun was flustered. He assumed that his friend was deeply hurt.

Chanyeol spoke after a few minutes.

"She turned out to be someone that I hated from the past few weeks", his fastened the pace of his horse towards the palace. Baekhyun couldn't grasp what he said. His horse galloped beside the King's horse.

" She is Kang Seulgi...", Chanyeol muttered.

"Oo...huh woah! woah!! woah!!! Kang Seulgi??? She is S-Seulgi your bride?" Baekhyun screamed in shock and then closed his mouth with his hands.

Chanyeol nodded with a big frown on his forehead.

"Isn't that great?! You are going to marry the love of your life", Baekhyun stated with a grin.

Chanyeol glared at his friend and stepped down his horse when they reached the palace wall.

They entered into a secret passage which led them inside the palace.

 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi stood at the Orchard and watched him leave. She was baffled at his sudden retreat. She cried there in silence for a while.

She stumbled on her long robes as she walked back home in a melancholic mood. Her long hair fell on her face but didn't bother to tie up her tangled hair. 

Yeri ran towards her.

" I was informed that Lord Kim and his wife are returning back tonight. But why are you here? Didn't you elope with that Lord?"

Seulgi was bewildered.

" The King will slaughter my relatives if I elope with another man. I don't want any sort of harm upon uncle Minseok's family ".

Even though Yeri decided to help, she was afraid about the latter consequences.

" I wish I could marry the one I love. But that's not going to happen ", Seulgi cried out hugging Yeri.

 

 

 

 

 

 

At Chanyeol's chamber,

Chanyeol saw Queen Sooyoung seated in his room.

"What are you doing in here ?" Chanyeol frowned even more and Sooyoung tried to cling on to his arm.

" I'm missed you so much my king..."

"Just leave me alone ".

" You have been sneaking out too much. Should I complain about this to the dowager Queen?" She tried to blackmail.

Chanyeol was already frustrated and his patience level was nil and Sooyoung made it worse.

" Who do you think you are to threaten the King ?? I told you not to bother me, didn't I? Can't you just consider what I said?", He fumed up. " Just get out before I forcefully push you out", Chanyeol yelled in a harsher tone.

For the first time, Sooyoung got scared of Chanyeol and tears rolled in her eyes. She was confused and felt humiliated at his sudden outburst.

"It's all your fault. You badmouthed about me to the King", She blamed Baekhyun. The man was startled because of the sudden accusation.

"No!! I didn't say ...My Queen-" Baekhyun trialled off when he saw tears in her eyes.

' Woah she can cry too !!!'

Chanyeol felt guilty that he took out his anger on her.

" You didn't eat properly from the past two days so I wanted you to have a proper meal with me ", Sooyoung continued.

" I know that you don't love me but I care about you", she cried.

"Sooyoung...", Chanyeol's voice softened slightly.

" This crying face doesn't befit your character. So stop crying ", He teased a little.

The queen composed herself and stopped crying.

" My father used to say that..."

"So can you go back now? I just want to rest". Chanyeol sat on his bed.

Sooyoung left his chamber without any word.

Baekhyun heaved a sigh. " I didn't expect that you would shout on that fierce queen", Baekhyun clapped his hands in admiration.

 " Did it seem very rude ?"

" What you did is not even a one tenth part of how she scolds others in the palace. I'm proud of you", Baekhyun appreciated with a grin.

"I didn't intend to shout on her. I was angry on someone and I took it out on Sooyoung", Chanyeol thought about Seulgi.

"Why are you so angry Cha- uh My king", Baekhyun stuttered.

"So you are still not going to use my name?  Then get out", Chanyeol glared at his friend.

When he was alone many thoughts ran through his mind. He was still perplexed about her identity.The bubbled up anger inside him confused his love towards her.

 

 

 

 

 

The King became grumpy and insolent towards his ministers and subjects. He authoritatively shouted at everyone who slacked off the royal works.
He scolded his maids and gaurds for every little fault.

"What happened to him?" Jongdae whispered to his friend.

"It is because of Queen Sooyoung's influence. He is acting just like her", Baekhyun frowned as he didn't like Chanyeol's rude and strange behaviour.

In the evening the dowager Queen Yuri visited the King.

" I know you have been trying to avoid me from few days. But we are going to conduct the wedding ceremony after three days ", Yuri informed her son.

Chanyeol was bewildered at the sudden information as he didn't sort out his anger yet. He didn't want to marry Seulgi with such mixed feelings.

" It has been finalised by our royal ministers and even Junmyeon is happy about this", Yuri smiled as she stood up from her chair.

' It's all uncle Junmyeon's fault. He was the one who carelessly let her roam around and then I met her because of that'.

" The bride will enter the palace soon. I need to supervise her new quarters", Yuri happily walked out.

Unannounced, Baekhyun entered the King's chamber with some documents and bowed to the former queen.

"Mother came to inform that the wedding is in three days", Chanyeol sighed as his friend studied the parchments.

" Aren't you happy about it?"

" I'm really angry at her."

" Why don't you meet her, tell that you are the king ", Baekhyun was confused why his friend was angry instead of being happy.

" I won't reveal myself. She will know it on the wedding day", Chanyeol shrugged nonchalantly.

 

 

 

 

 

At Junmyeon's house,

Seulgi was a crying mess and she didn't come out of her room. Eunji and Junmyeon thought that she was sick. So they didn't distrub her.

But Yeri who knew everything was worried about her. The only way to make her friend happy was to bring the man she ever loved.

"My Lady... I went to search for him. But he is nowhere", Yeri sat beside Seulgi in the garden.

" You said he worked in the royal palace. Maybe he got to know that you are the King's bride ", Yeri tried to deduce his identity.

" Either way it's best for both of us", Seulgi tried to suppress her tears.
" I truly wish that he could find someone who would love him back without any constraints".

Lady Eunji approached Seulgi to inform about the wedding ceremony and heard their conversation.

" Who is that man you are discussing about?"

The younger women were startled.

" I just got the news that the wedding is in two days. And here you are talking about another man?!! What exactly happened under my nose??"

' In two days!!! only in two days?!' Seulgi was distressed and she teared up.

Eunji softened up when she saw Seulgi's tears. "'What happened dear?"

" Aunt Eunji I'm really sorry", Seulgi confessed everything to her.

" I'm sorry that I can't help you in anyway possible. But thank you for not leaving eventhough you had a chance", Eunji sympathized her.

"I would never do that Aunt Eun, it's just that I started to love him and I can't forget him. And the wedding is in two days but I can't marry the King when I love someone else", She cried again.

" I will try to postpone the wedding. My Lord is capable of doing that ",Eunji assured her.

 

 

 

 

At Chanyeol's Quarters,

Baekhyun hurriedly entered the King's library.

" Y-Your Majesty, I have stationed few of my men around Lord Junmyeon's house just like you instructed. And they found out that, Lady Seulgi's companion, searched for you around the market".

Chanyeol fumed up even more.

 Jongdae entered the chamber and was shocked when he heard their talk.

" I have a plan ", Chanyeol grinned.

' Whatever that plan is, You will regret it for sure' Baekhyun thought.

"Jongda

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter