Her Name

The Third Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
     

The King was bedridden with sickness, atleast that's what everyone in the palace thought.

That previous night He returned to the palace in a soaked state and caught slight fever and cold. But it was not the reason why he declined his meals.

Chanyeol was in solitude since Seulgi rejected him. He didn't like the way they parted. And the worst thing was that he made her cry.

The King even refused to see his queens. And when Jongdae pestered him about his drenched state he was annoyed at his friend. He was exasperated and ordered that no one should enter his chambers.

"My King, are you really that sick? From yesterday you didn't even come out of this room", Baekhyun was an exception. He visited him in concern.

Chanyeol was quite. But he was only person he could talk to.

"She is getting married...", Chanyeol explained what has happened.
 Baekhyun was shocked.
His friend has never loved any woman before so he sympathized his love predicament.

"But you said she liked you", Baekhyun questioned after a pause.
"Yes... She said she liked spending time with me", Chanyeol earned a frown from his friend.

Baekhyun face-plamed with both hands.

 Chanyeol made a confused face.

"That doesn't mean that she likes you. You are so dumb. How did you even become a king?" He pinched his brows and sighed.

Chanyeol was crestfallen.

"Listen my King. She might have liked you as a friend. But you got ahead of your feelings and assumed that she liked you", Baekhyun stated.

" I'm not her friend. I ardently love her", the king flopped on his bed.

"She said she doesn't love you. And she is engaged too. Maybe you should give up-

"No I'm not giving up on her. All those times we spent together, I can feel that she likes me too. I will make her tell the truth", the King was determined.

"What if she declines you, again?" Baekhyun folded his arms. He was being practical as the woman was getting married to another man.

Chanyeol spoke after a long pause. "Then I will forget her. But I have to find her ", He stood up in a hurry.

Baekhyun couldn't stop his friend from going out. But as Chanyeol looked weak he decided to assist him. They secretly came out of the palace on their respective horses.

 

 

 

  At Junmyeon's house,

Seulgi was deeply wretched that she had to break his heart. When she returned home with wet clothes and red eyes, Yeri was worried.

She stayed in her room and she was vexed that she couldn't speak the truth. Her heart ached.

" It's all my fault for meeting him ', she reminded herself bitterly, wrapping herself up in a blanket with tears, when his face flashed in her mind.

Yeri entered her room with food. "My Lady please eat this", she tapped her shoulder.

"No... I'm not hungry".

Yeri gave her an apologetic glance.

Seulgi didn't move a muscle.

Next day was the same. Seulgi refused to have any meals by stating that she doesn't have much appetite. It was already evening and Yeri was tensed about Seulgi's miserable state.

"My Lady... Please tell me what has happened? You always said that I'm like your own sister. So can't you share your pain with me?" Yeri knelt down before Seulgi's bed.

Seulgi know that Yeri won't judge her when she revealed her feelings.

"He kissed you!?? Oh god", Yeri bulged her eyes. "But I'm glad you slapped him. He deserves it"

"No!!...He is good man but I was at fault. I should have listened to your warnings. I acted thoughtlessly."

Yeri patted her shoulder and was glad atleast her lady opened up to her.

" I miss him so much...", A tear fell from her eyes.

"You love him too?"

" I don't know how it happened. I know I shouldn't, But I fell in love...When I rejected him he was really sad", Seulgi wept bitterly. Yeri didn't know how to console her friend.

She decided to help her anyway possible.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yeri walked to the intersection to find that stranger. She didn't have any information about him and was unsure whether he would show up or not but this was the least she could do for her friend.

Luckily Chanyeol and Baekhyun roamed around the same area in search of Seulgi and he immediately recognised her.

" Yeri ?!!!" Chanyeol got down from his horse. Baekhyun followed behind.

"Oh god...You are here? My Lady had been crying since last night and she didnot eat anything. I didn't know what do", Yeri had a sad expression.

" I believe it's all your fault", she frowned with a grimace.

" Can I talk to her? I want to meet her once...I have never requested anyone like this before...", Chanyeol was desparate.

She scoffed at his words.

"Yeri please...She is not the only one who is suffering. She rejected me and I'm heart brok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter