seven.

En Route | Yoonmin

“We need a taxi,” Jimin told the woman at the ticket booth. She was young, couldn’t have been more than twenty-six. Her skin was pale and she was a natural blonde with blue eyes. Yoongi kept glancing between Jimin and the woman, mesmerized by the fact that he could hold a conversation with her. He didn’t bother learning much Russian because he doubted he’d come here again and he’d only planned to stay a few days, but seeing Jimin like this inspired him to want to take a serious crack at it. Then he thought about all of the work it would take and upon second thought, he decided it probably wasn’t worth it.

The woman spoke again with an enthusiastic smile as she gestured between the two of them and Jimin immediately blushed before stuttering his response. Yoongi picked up on it and wondered what she had asked him. He didn’t have time to though, because after that, Jimin motioned for them to leave.

“She said a taxi will be here in twenty minutes,” he told Yoongi as he lead them to a somewhat secluded area of the station.

“And it’ll take us to a hotel?”

“That’s the plan.” Yoongi sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

“And how much is that gonna cost?” Yoongi had brought enough money to sustain him for the few days he planned to be here and for a ride home, but he didn’t plan for an unexpected turn of events such as this. It’s not like he could’ve brought enough money anyway. He was already struggling to pay the bills.

“Don’t worry, it’s on me,” Jimin said nonchalantly.

“What? I can’t make you pay for-”

“Trust me, it’s fine. I have the money.”

“I know, you could probably buy me with the amount of money you have but that’s not the point.”

“Just think of it as me buying a hotel room and you visiting me and staying the night. That way, you’re not responsible for any payment.” He grinned slyly, clearly proud of the guilt-free loophole he just presented to Yoongi. He could tell by the look on Jimin’s face that he wasn’t about to let this go, so he opted to just accept what he was saying and go with it.

“I guess,” Yoongi said with a shrug. He pulled out his phone and noticed he had four new texts from Hoseok. He was probably worried that Yoongi wasn’t home yet because he was all too aware of Yoongi’s suicidal tendencies and depressed behavior. It wasn’t unusual for Hoseok not to hear from Yoongi for a few days and then show up to his home to find Yoongi in bed, staring into space. Yoongi made a mental note to call Hoseok when he got to the hotel.

“What did she ask you?”

“Who?”

“The woman at the ticket booth. She asked you something and it made you blush.” Jimin blushed again from the thought of it.

“She called us a cute couple,” he said. Yoongi paused for a moment, not knowing what to say or do, but Jimin broke the silence. “I obviously told her we weren’t.”

“Would it be so bad if we were a couple?” Yoongi asked without thinking. He expected to Jimin to respond negatively, scolding him with something along the lines of ‘We just met, why would I be with someone I just met,’ but he got the complete opposite.

“No, it wouldn’t. You’re not my type though,” Jimin said with a smug grin. And for some reason, Yoongi felt defensive about it.

“What do you mean I’m not your type? I don’t make enough money for you?”

“Why is it always about money with you? You’re just not tall enough.”

“I’m not tall enough?” Yoongi sounded incredulous which only fueled Jimin to more.

“You’re what, 5’5?”

“I’m 5’9. And you’re not one to talk, you’re shorter than me!”

“Yes, but that’s part of my aesthetic.”

“And what aesthetic would that be?”

“The ‘short and soft’ one,” Jimin said smiling so wide the skin around his eyes crinkled. Yoongi had to admit, it was a good aesthetic for him.

“You’re too muscular to be soft though, you can’t be ripped and soft.”

“I’m not ripped, I’m toned. There’s a difference. And I’m like this because I dance.”

“What do you mean?”

“Instead of going to the gym to work out, I go to a studio and dance. I’ve been dancing since I was about five.”

“What side of town do you live on?”

“On the Northern side of Busan.”

“You wouldn’t happen to go to the Jung Dance Studio, would you?”

“Yeah, you know it?”

“Remember my friend Hoseok I was telling you about?” Jimin paused for a second as he put two and two together.

 Jung Dance Studio Hoseok is your friend Hoseok?” he said in shock. Yoongi nodded and then was hit with a hopeful thought that maybe he’d seen Jimin there before. Surely he would have remembered someone as beautiful as Jimin, but he couldn’t recall ever seeing his face. He rarely ever spent time at the studio and when he did, it was usually to help Hoseok with something or bring him food when he worked late.

“C’mon, the taxi’s here,” Jimin said as he glanced outside at the oncoming headlights. They gathered their things and headed outside.

“Oh and by the way,” Yoongi said as he reached for his door handle, “you’re not my type either.” Jimin gave him a confused look as if no one had ever told him that before. “You’re too stable for me,” Yoongi finished with a sigh. He got in the car and Jimin followed and not another word was spoken until they reached the hotel.