twenty-seven.

En Route | Yoonmin

The next morning when Jimin woke up, the first thing he noticed was an unfamiliar scent in the room. At least, unfamiliar to his own home. Usually, he could smell the fabric softener in his sheets, but now there was only the lingering scent of Yoongi’s cologne where his head should have been.

Jimin blinked his eyes as he adjusted to the sunlight in the room and d for the area next to him for Yoongi, but he found empty air instead. He sighed then and groggily sat up, rubbing his eyes as he did so. When he finally looked around the room, he was startled to see Yoongi at his desk, a pair of headphones over his ears and his posture focused on whatever was on his computer. He approached Yoongi carefully so as not to scare him and moved into his line of sight. Yoongi looked up at him and smiled.

“Good morning,” he said while removing his headphones and setting them on his keyboard. His blonde hair was fluffy as if he’d only run his fingers through it to brush it and his skin seemed to glow in this light.

“Good morning,” Jimin replied sleepily.

“Did you sleep well?”

“Mhm,” Jimin nodded.

“That’s good. Do you want something to eat? I could make you breakfast.”

“No, I’m not that hungry.” Jimin yawned and stretched his arms into the air. “What are you working on?”

“The song from yesterday.”

“You mean our song?”

“Yeah,” Yoongi gave a small smile, “ our song. You wanna hear the finished product?” he offered, extending the headphones to Jimin who quickly accepted them. Once he fitted them over his ears, Yoongi hit the spacebar and let the song start playing. Jimin was shocked at how melodious his voice sounded. The best he’d ever heard himself sound was in the shower from the acoustics of his bathroom, but other than that he would have considered himself to be an amateur singer at best. He found it hard to believe that the voice he heard through the headphones was his own.

“You made me sound really good,” Jimin commented in awe as he took the headphones off.

“I didn’t do anything. Look,” Yoongi pointed at the editing software and showed Jimin the small changes he’d made to make his voice sound smoother to match the tone of the music. “That’s all I did. You were on key with everything else, I just took a little bit of your rasp out of the song. Had it been a different beat, I wouldn’t have had to do anything.”

“So that’s...me…like all me?”

“Mhm,” Yoongi replied fondly. Jimin became shy at his talent and tried to find something to change the subject.

“Can I use your bathroom?” he asked.

“Sure. While you’re in there, you should shower and brush your teeth too. We’re going out.”

Jimin gave Yoongi a puzzled look. “Out for what?”

“I have to do a photo shoot today.”

“Really? That’s cool! Is it someone famous?”

“Not even close. I work at this photography store that takes family photos and stuff like that. Today is my day and I’ve got 3 families to shoot.”

“And you want me to go with you?”

“Yeah, you wanna see how I work, right?”

Jimin shrugged. “I guess.”

“Well, I can drop you off at your place and you can do...whatever it is you do when you’re not working…” Jimin thought about what he really did with his time when he didn’t have anything to do and figured that most of it was spent thinking about Jungkook and that was the last thing he wanted to be reminded of. Plus, he didn’t like the idea of parting from Yoongi just yet, not when things were just starting to look good for them. But maybe that was too clingy of him, and going home was probably for the best. Jimin frowned as he weighed his options and Yoongi gently pinched his cheeks to snap him out of it.

“It’s a yes or no Jiminie, you overthink everything.”

“I wanna go with you. But I need some clothes, so I need to go back to my place.”

“Alright, I can take you there then.” Jimin almost agreed but remembered what Yoongi drove.

“You mean we have to ride that death trap again?”

“C’mon, it wasn’t that bad.”

“You’re reckless and irresponsible,” Jimin quipped without hesitation.

“I’m efficient ,” Yoongi corrected, bopping Jimin’s nose as he stood up. “Let me get dressed, and I’ll take you to your place so you can get ready.”

“Fine, but I have to pee first,” Jimin grumbled. Yoongi gestured towards his door. “Be my guest,” he said, holding back a laugh due to Jimin’s childish behavior.

When Jimin flicked the light on in the bathroom and saw his reflection, his eyes went wide. On the right side of his neck were purple and red bruising scattered across his skin. He figured Yoongi would leave marks judging by how rough he’d been, but not this bad and not this obvious. His hand reached up to touch the skin and he winced at the contact. He’d gotten hickeys like this before, but they’d never felt this way. It wasn’t necessarily pain, but a light soreness when you put pressure on them. How could he have been so out of it that he let things get this rough?

He hadn’t realized how long he’d been standing there until Yoongi entered the doorway. “Everything alright?” he wondered as he watched Jimin touch his neck.

“Uh huh…” Jimin replied absentmindedly, craning his neck.

“What are you looking at?” Yoongi stepped into the bathroom and stepped to be in front of Jimin so he could get a closer look. “Oh...I marked you,” he said gently. He reached up to touch the spots and Jimin winced again at the slight stinging sensation. “I’m sorry,” Yoongi said quickly. “Does it hurt bad?”

“No...it just feels strange. I’ve never been able to feel them before, they’re not usually that bad.”

“Do you want me to kiss it better?” Yoongi murmured, his face now nuzzled into Jimin’s neck. He pushed Yoongi away, saying “I haven’t even brushed my teeth yet.”

“My desire to kiss you overrides morning breath, Jimin,” Yoongi replied and gripped Jimin’s hips, pulling them towards his own. Jimin was all too aware of the heat coming off of  Yoongi’s body and didn’t stop him when he felt his lips on his neck, kissing the bruises. When their lips connected, the touch was gentle like it had been every time they’d kissed and if Jimin was being honest, he never tired of it. Even though it was soft, he could always sense the need Yoongi felt by the way his body interacted with Jimin’s. His hands moved under Jimin’s shirt to caress his sensitive spots while his tongue swiped across Jimin’s bottom lip.

Jimin melted under his touch and felt that spark of yearning from last night return. He wrapped his arms around Yoongi’s neck and let himself enjoy the moment without worrying about Jungkook or how far Yoongi would take things. He knew he could say ‘no’ and it would be alright. Everything would stop, and there wouldn’t be any arguments. Jimin felt in control for once.

Yoongi’s phone rang in his back pocket and he ignored it at first. Whoever it was would leave a message or call back, and in either case, it would allow Yoongi a few more seconds of indulging himself.

“You...should answer...that,” Jimin struggled to say in between the kissing.

“Not important,” Yoongi muttered. Jimin put his foot down though and put his hands on Yoongi’s chest. “Answer it.”

Yoongi sighed as he rolled his eyes and reached in his pocket for his phone. He answered, “Hello?”

“Ah, Yoongi, glad you’re awake. We need you to come in early today.”

Another sigh. “What for?”

“We double booked a family by accident and one of them came in early and that’s when we noticed the mixup. I told them we could take them in any way.”

“Why the would you tell them that?” Yoongi raised his voice slightly.

“Because they’re paying customers and we’re in the service industry. It’s what we do.”

“I’m not some waiter at a restaurant that gets by on tips, Jooheon.”

“Yeah, but you’re not living in a high rise condo with a supermodel boyfriend either, so bring your cranky in before our boss gets here and asks me why you’re not here.”

“Fine, I’m on my way. Give me thirty minutes.”

“Alright.” Yoongi hung up and looked at Jimin whose pouted lips only made Yoongi want him more. “No time to go to your place. I have to go in early...like now...so you have to shower here. I’ll bring you some clothes.”

“Wait,” Jimin grabbed Yoongi’s shoulder. “Kiss me again, one...more time,” he blushed. Some of the annoyance Yoongi felt got pushed away and he leaned in to give Jimin another kiss.

“Now go get in the shower before I call in sick and take you back to bed.”