Chapter 2 - Age of Eight

Tomorrow's Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As years went by , Kyungsoo’s grandmother became sick and weak , so kyungsoo from a young age learned everything. He cleaned the house , cook the meals with whatever is available and did the laundry. He was mature for a six years old kid. At the age of seven ,kyungsoo’s grandmother send him to school. at first, kyungsoo refused to go to school and his excuse was that he wanted to help his grandmother around the house. Kyungsoo was a kind kid but also a smart one, when he gave it a thought, he wanted to learn everything and wants to grow up fast to help his grandmother and earn money so he can provide both of them a good life. 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo’s day started by woking up at 6 am , he showers, change his clothes and clean his shared room with his grandmother. After he finish cleaning , kyungsoo prepares breakfast for both of them. 

“ Grandma breakfast is ready “ kyungsoo said softly, his grandmother came out from the room walking and she looked tired.

 “ Aigoo kid , I don’t know what will happen to me without you.” Kyungsoo’s grandmother said. Kyungsoo smiled warmly to her and start to feed her first and then when she finished , he start eating what’s remaining. He do the dishes and massages his grandmother’s body and gave her a kiss on her forehead and go to school. “ My poor baby , maybe I should had let sun young take you with her , I’m sorry kyungsoo.” Grandmother whisper and wiped her tear from her wrinkly cheek. 

 

 

 

At school , Kyungsoo sat in his chair near the window and wait for the class to start. Students start to fill the class , a girl came by kyungsoo desk and asked “ Kyungsoo- yah , do you have parents ?, I heard that they died in car accident.” 

Kyungsoo looked at her confused and wondered where have she heard this nonsense “ My parents are on a trip and they will come soon , my friend jongin is on a trip too and he told me he will bring them with him when he comes back”  Kyungsoo deadpan.

More student rounded kyungsoo desk and kept whispering. 

A boy said “ But my father said that you are an orphan, that’s why you live with your grandmother”.

Another boy said innocently  “my mom told me to be nice to you because your parents are dead and they will never come again”.

The same girl who started the conversation said “ Maybe your friend jongin died too.” Kyungsoo looked at her and froze , his breath hitched and he felt dizzy , he felt a tighten in his chest and had trouble breathing and started to cough. At that moment , the teacher entered the class and came around kyungsoo desk “ what is happening here kids ?”. 

One kid said “Kyungsoo is sick teacher” ,the teacher looked at kyungsoo and panicked , his face was pale and his lips turned blue , his left hand clutched to his chest and his right hand covered his mouth while coughing loudly. She carried him and run to the nurse room. Kyungsoo was having asthma attack , he was born with sever asthma , he used to get regular check up with his doctor when his parents were alive but now with the financial situation he is in with his grandmother , he couldn’t ask her for it and he endure it alone . The nurse treated his asthma and was about to call his grandmother to pick him up when he said weakly “ Can’t I rest here till the school end please ?” 

The nurse looked at him worriedly “ why kyungsoo , you can go home and rest”.

He smiled with tired eyes said “ My grandmother is sick and it will be a burden to come to school and pick me up , I can go home myself” 

The nurse looked at him and sighed“ I can’t let you go by yourself kyungsoo , you are sick and it’s not safe to go alone. What if something happened to you out there ?”. and got up to call his grandmother.

 

Kyungsoo was laying on the bed  and stared at the ceiling , he mind wondered about what the kids said earlier. Did his parents died? what about auntie and jongin? did they died too? where are they? he kept thinking and his eyes began to get glossy from the unshed tears but he hold them back because if he cries that will confirmed what he heard earlier , he didn’t want to believe it.There was a knock on the door that cut his thoughts , his neighbor’s son came to pick him up, “ Hi kyungsoo , your grandma sent me here to pick you up, you know she’s old and weak , she couldn’t come”.

Kyungsoo looked at him and swallowed his tears and said “ I’m sorry for being a troublesome” his neighbor smiled and sighed “ It’s okay kyungsoo , let’s go now , do you need help?” Kyungsoo smiled tiredly at him and said “ No thank you , I can walk”.

 

 

 

Walking through the familiar neighborhood , kyungsoo took notice of the houses .The houses were small and shaped bad , some houses were falling apart and some houses were abandoned since they collapse. He arrived to his home and noticed how weak structured it looked , he notice the crack on the outside wall and it looked like if a strong wind came by it will knock the house down. He entered the house and saw his grandmother sewing , she looked up and saw kyungsoo and said “ come here kyungsoo” and patted the space next to her. 

“ Grandma , I’m fine ” kyungsoo said before his grandmother says anything. She looked at h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter