Chapter 10 - Hold Me

Tomorrow's Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kyungsoo tried to open his eyes when he heard a soft knock in the door but they felt heavy so he kept them close . The door were opened slowly , he heard hushed voices echoing in the room , and he felt shadows hovering over him. He tried to open his eye again and when he opened them , he saw blurry faces , he kept blinking his eye then he rubbed then with his small fist and his sight adjust to the four faces looking at him curiously. His eye shined and he smiled to them.

“ Kyungsoo-yah , you are awake” Baekhyun said in whisper and he raffles the boy’s hair. 

“ Kyungsoo-yah , you scared us. Don’t do that again , Hyungs will help you always.” Chanyeol smiled big and squeezed his hand lightly. He looked at the duo and nodding thanking them with silence. He tried to sit up.

“ Let me help you hyung” Sehun said adjusting the bed into a sitting position.

“ Thank you” kyungsoo whispered. Then he moved his eye to jongin who were looking at him with hard expression. 

“ Ahm Baekhyun and Sehun how about we go to the cafeteria , I bet kyungsoo is hungry , we will buy drinks and snacks.” Chanyeol said opening the door , and the other boys followed. Chanyeol closed the door to give jongin and kyungsoo some privacy. Kyungsoo dropped his head when jongin start walking toward him. 

“ Soo?” Jongin said softly lifting kyungsoo’s chin to look him in the eye. Kyungsoo eyes were full of unshed tears and on verge of falling. 

Jongin looked at kyungsoo worriedly and bent down and wrapped his arms around the small body gently and whispered softly “ Let it out kyungsoo , just let it out all ,I’m here now”. Kyungsoo body began to shake , he grip jongin’s shirt and hide his face in jongin’s chest and burst out crying loudly. Jongin hold him tighter and patted his back gently. Kyungsoo cried and said between his cries “ I’m scared”. Jongin didn’t know how many minutes have passed until he heard soft snores coming from the petite male in his arm. He looked down at kyungsoo who was asleep in his arms , the sight made his heart skip a beat. Kyungsoo’s cheek were pink and dry tears were painting them , his nose was pink and his lips were red and swollen from biting them to muffle his cries. He laid kyungsoo back and wiped the tears from his face and kissed him in the forehead and sat next to him. “ I’ll be here kyungsoo when you wake up, I’ll be here” Jongin whispers to the sleeping boys and he didn’t notice the small smile that bloom in kyungsoo’s face.

 

-

 

 

Chanyeol opened the door quietly and saw kyungsoo sleeping peacefully and jongin dozing off in the chair beside kyungsoo’s bed. He smiled at the sight in front of him. Baekhyun and Sehun followed after carrying drinks and snacks. They decided to leave the snacks and leave for today and come tomorrow to visit , leaving jongin with kyungsoo. 

 

-

 

Kyungsoo rubbed his eye and yawned when he woke up , he looked around and saw jongin sleeping in uncomfortable position in the chair next to him, he was about to reach the sleeping boy when he heard a knocking on the door. He waited and the door opened slowly , A tall beautiful women came in , she had tan skin and soft eyes. He looked confused because it was the first time seeing this women , the more he looked at her , he can see a resemblance between the women and the sleeping boy. 

“ Hello , I’m Kim Sun Young , Jongin’s mother” Sun young whispered smiling softly and bowed. Kyungsoo’s heart beat fast , “Have he met this women before , he was sure that he heard her voice before but why can’t he remember” he thought looking at the women. He smiled back and whispered shyly “ I’m Do Kyungsoo , Jongin’s friend”. Sun young froze when she took a better look at the petite boy. “ Kyungsoo why do you look so familiar , those doe eyes where have I seen them before.” she thought. She closed her eyes for a second and opened them and looked at her son and said smiling “ He literally can sleep in any position and anywhere.” She laughed and kyungsoo looked at the boy snoring lightly and smiled. 

“ Are you feeling better Kyungsoo?” Sun young asked. 

“ I’m much better thank you Mrs.Kim” he replied shyly.

“ I came by to check on you and to drop some change for nini”  Sun young smiled warmly to kyungsoo. 

“ Thank you for coming by , I’ll let jongin know that you came by” Kyungsoo whispered.

“ I’ll leave now , I’m glad you are getting better kyungsoo.” Sun young said and left the room. Outside the room, Sun young clenched her heart and hold her head , she had a bad headache and seeing kyungsoo tightened her heart , she felt strange and she wanted to cry. Why did she felt like this , why does her heart hurt once she laid her eye on the boy. She shook her head and left the hospital. 

 

-

 

 

Jongin wake up to something buzzing in his pocket , he covered his mouth while he yawned and looked at his watch, his eye went wide when he saw the time , he slept for two hours. He ignored the buzzing in his pocket and looked around , he saw kyungsoo staring at the ceiling and he seems to be in deep thoughts because he didn’t noticed him. He turned to his left and saw a small bag and smiled knowing that his mom stopped by. He sat up and let out a groan because of the awkward position he slept in. Kyungsoo seemed to notice that jongin woke up and adjust his bed into a sitting position. 

“ Soo why didn’t you wake me up” Jongin pouted adorably ,Kyungsoo laughed softly.

“ You looked so peaceful , I didn’t want to disturb your sleep” Kyungsoo said shyly and jongin smiled to him. 

“ Your mom stopped by and dropped change.” Kyungsoo whispered.

“ Yeah I saw the bag, I will go change now.” Jongin said and kyungsoo nodded. 

Jongin changed his school uniform and wore a black sweat pants and white T-shirt. He went and sat in the chair and asked “ Where are the others ?”. 

“ They left a note saying that they will leave for today when they saw us asleep and that they will visit tomorrow” Kyungsoo said. 

“ How are you feeling kyungsoo?” Jongin asked looking at the boy’s face.

“ I’m doing fine” Kyungsoo sighed. 

“ What were you thinking when I was asleep?” Jongin asked softly playing with kyungsoo fingertips. Kyungsoo felt his cheeks getting warmer while seeing jongin playing with his fingers.

“ Nothing” he said avoiding looking at jongin eye.

“ Soo , I know we meet recently but I want you to know that I’m here for you and I want to know you more ” Jongin said softly and continue “ Don’t ever think that you’re alone”. 

Kyungsoo felt his heart skip a beat , jongin’s words fluttered his heart. In kyungsoo’s world , no one have ever said something like this to him , he was always on his own. No one paid him attention or care for him nor were interested in him.He liked the attention jongin is giving him , he want to tell jongin everything but he couldn’t because he was afraid. 

“ Kyungsoo you can tell me anything whenever you are ready.” Jongin looked at kyungsoo’s eye and let his eyes show how sincere he is. 

“ Can you stay here today?” Kyungsoo said in almost a whisper dropping his head.

“ Only if you want me too.” Jongin face broke into a big smile and kyungsoo heart beat fast at the sight and he nodded shyly.

 

 

 

A nurse came in and checked up on kyungsoo and give him his medicine and left the room. After five minutes , Dr.Kim came into the room and greeted the two boys. 

“ I see you are here Kim Jongin” Dr.Kim teased the tanned boy. Jongin cheeks turned light pink and smiled to the Doctor. 

“ So how do you feel kyungsoo?” Dr.Kim looked softly at kyungsoo.

“ I’m feeling better Dr.Kim , when can I be discharged?” Kyungsoo asked.

“ Easy boy you just woke up from a 5 days sleep and you are still recovering from pneumonia and 2 broken ribs.” Dr.Kim said calmly and continue “ We will keep you here for another week to make sure that you are 100% healthy”. 

Kyungsoo said sadly “ Another week.” ,he wanted to leave the hospital soon , he still need to take care of his three jobs and since winter break started he thought he can work for longer shifts so he can pay his landlord back and to afford a place to live in since he have no place to go expect his grandma place and he know he can’t stay there because it’s not healthy for him. 

“ Okay kyungsoo , I will come up tomorrow to check on you” Dr.Kim said and left the room.

“ Why do you want to leave the hospital kyungsoo ?” Jongin asked suddenly.

Kyungsoo let a long sigh and said “ I need to take care of my job , even though I think they fired me”. 

“ Soo , don’t worry about your job , the others covered you up.” Jongin said and looked at him “ And you should take care more of your health kyungsoo , imagine what would happened if you fainted somewhere else.” Jongin sighed. 

Kyungsoo looked at him and saw how worry jongin’s eyes were. 

Kyungsoo reached for jongin’s warm hand and covered them with his small white hands and said softly “ Jongin , I’m fine don’t worry about me , I have always handle it on my own. I learnt how to survive since I was 6 years old”. 

Jongin eyes began to tear “ Why didn’t you ask for help Soo , why did you have to suffer alone” he sniffled back some tears. 

Kyungsoo extended his hand and wiped the tears that are now running in Jongin’s cheek , he smiled warmly to the crying boy and said softly “ Because jongin , people don’t care about a kid like me ,They all just ignore me when they see me.” Jongin heart shattered to million pieces , he let his tears fall some more because it hurt to imagine a small boy with doe eye and warm heart shape lips being ignored by the world. He cannot understand how can kyungsoo still smile and stay positive

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter