Chapter 5 - Pleading Cries

Tomorrow's Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“ Now class , you have an hour and twenty minutes to complete this exam an. .” the door suddenly opened and kyungsoo came in “ I’m sorry for being late” he addressed his math teacher with pleading eye and all eyes were looking at him , including Jongin. “ Come in Do Kyungsoo , you are never late , I will forgive you this time” Kyungsoo bowed to his teacher and hurried with limping body to his desk at the end of the class with his head down. “ Now back to what I was saying , you have an hour and twenty minutes to complete this exam , don’t rush and take your time” the teacher said smiling to his students. 

 

Jongin glanced to the left row where the limping boy was seating with his head down and closed eyes and thought “ Do Kyungsoo , the bullied kid , why does his name sound familiar”. Kyungsoo opened his eye and their eyes connected, he smiled and nodded his head and looked away. Jongin froze , he never saw a warm smile like the one kyungsoo gave “ Why would anyone bully this innocent boy ” he thought. Jongin looked away and focused in the exam paper. Forty minutes pass and suddenly a loud cough interrupted his focus , “ Do Kyungsoo , do you need water?” the teacher asked concerned. Jongin turned to the left and saw Kyungsoo , he notice how the boy was turning pale , and kept coughing. Kyungsoo shook his head and whispered “ I’m fine”, he took a quick look at his paper and stood up clutching one hand on his chest and the other have the paper, Jongin followed his movement and noticed his lips turning blue and his body was shaking. “ I’m done , Can I be excuse to the bathroom teacher?” Kyungsoo asked tiredly. The teacher nodded and took the paper from Kyungsoo and he left the classroom bowing to his teacher. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin kept glancing at the door waiting for the boy to appear , he finished his exam and hand it to the teacher, he tapped his pencil into his desk nervously. Jongin felt uncomfortable sitting there and waiting, he thought “ Why is he late , did something happen to him , what if Heechul and Soo jung did something to him” “ Why do you care Kim Jongin” “ But he looked sick” “ Ugh Kim Jongin stop thinking”. He stood up and asked his teacher to be excuse to  the bathroom. 

 

He bolted out of the classroom and headed to the place he thought of first “ the nurse room.” He knocked the door and opened it. He looked around and didn’t find what he was looking for. “ Do you need help?” the nurse appeared from behind a curtain, Jongin shook his head and bowed and closed the door. He looked around the hall but couldn’t find the boy , he went to the bathroom , he was washing his hand when he heard someone trying to muffle their coughing in one of the stall. Jongin moved to the closed stall and knocked “ Hey there , are you okay in here?” Jongin asked. From behind the stall he heard a small voice stuttering “ I - I’m fi - fine”. Jongin moved to the sink and waited for the boy to come out. The bell ring for the lunch break , so Jongin shrugged and thought while exiting the bathroom “ Well , I tried to help” 

 

 

Kyungsoo was in the stall trying to breath in and out “ come on Kyungsoo , breath in , breath out , you can do it” he tried to even his breath. When he was able to breath regularly , he opened the door and looked around and no one was inside the bathroom. His stomach growled reminded him that his body need food since he only had coffee for breakfast. Once he arrived at the front door of the school cafeteria ,he fished his hand in his pocket and took a few bills, he looked at the bills in his hand and remember that he ran out of his inhaler days ago. He needed his medicine since the weather start to get cold and decided that he will eat later when he go to his home. 

 

 

 

 

“ Hey Jongin-yah , over here” Chanyeol waved at Jongin. 

Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Sehun were sitting in a table next to the window. Jongin came up with his tray of food and sat next to Sehun facing Chanyeol and Baekhyun. 

“ How was your exam>” Baekhyun asked with a mouth full of food. 

“ Gross baekhyun hyung , don’t talk while you are chewing your food” Sehun said.

“ I don’t care , so Jongin how was your exam?” Baekhyun ignored Sehun and looked at Jongin. 

“ It was good” Jongin said while rubbing his neck “ Guess what , you know the boy that was bullied by Soo Jung and Heechul”.

“ Yeah , Do Kyungsoo what about him” Chanyeol asked curious. 

“ He’s in my advance math class ”. Jongin said.

“ Yeah we know that , he is in your advance english class too.” Baekhyun said while chewing on his apple.

“ WHAT?!, I didn’t know that , I was shocked when I saw him today at math class” Jongin blinked confused

“ That’s what Kyungsoo are good at , being invisible” Chanyeol chuckled.

“ Why are we talking about that kid again” Sehun asked. 

“ Nothing , I was surprise that I didn’t notice him before” Jongin muttered under his breath. 

 

Jongin started eating and chatting with his friends when he noticed a familiar figure entered the cafeteria. He looked up and saw kyungsoo staring at the money in his hand and turning around and head out the cafeteria. It didn’t take Jongin time to figure that kyungsoo came from a poor background, even though kyungsoo looked tidy for school , his shoes and jacket were worn out. And it broke Jongin heart knowing that kyungsoo might skipped lunch because he couldn’t afford. He looked at his plate and took the milk cartoon and the banana and stood up and excuse himself. 

 

“ Yah where are you going?” Sehun shouted to jongin.

“ I forget that I have to borrow a book from the library for an english paper ” Jongin lied and walked away

“ Jongin and a book?” Sehun asked confused. 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun ignored Sehun and continue with what they were doing. 

 

Jongin run after kyungsoo and saw him at the end of the corridor turning left and followed him silently. He ended up at the front of the school library and thought “ well I didn’t lie , I did end up in th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter