Chapter 18 - Happiness

Tomorrow's Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N at the end.

 

Jongin stood shocked with a mouth wide open and his mind wondered“ Mom why are you apologizing to kyungsoo ? What’s happening ? Why are they crying”.He walked forward when kyungsoo start coughing and he could hear the ragged breathing of kyungsoo. Sun young holds kyungsoo between her arms and said panically “ Kyungsoo are you okay?” and she turn around to call jongin but he was by her side and moving kyungsoo from her arms and holding him carefully. 

“ Jongin , he’s burning we need to take him to the hospital” Sun young said worriedly. Kyungsoo hold jongin’s hand and said weakly between his coughs “ N-no h-h-hospital p-please” and placed his head on jongin’s shoulder and kept coughing. Jongin could feel the burning skin on his shoulder so he picked up kyungsoo carefully and went to his room followed by Sun young. Once he placed kyungsoo in sitting position on the bed , he opened the drawer of the night stand table and took the inhaler and placed it in kyungsoo mouth. It took few minutes before kyungsoo was breathing evenly. Jongin touched the warm skin and spoke softly “ Soo , are you better now ?” , kyungsoo with tears in his eyes nodded weakly and leaned in the touch. Jongin looked at his mother who was standing with dried tears on her cheeks , swollen red eyes and red nose.

“ Mom , can you get me a fever reducer from the kitchen cabinet” Jongin said while he touched his mom’s hand gently. Sun Young moved her eyes from kyungsoo and looked at her son and nodded smiling while tears kept running down her eyes. 

 

Sun young left the room and walked downstair to the kitchen. She heard the front door opened slowly and turned to look at her husband. She dropped everything in her hand and run to him crying.

“Honey what’s wrong?” Young min said worriedly while holding his wife in his embrace. 

“ He’s here, he was here the whole time and I couldn’t remember” Sun young said crying out loud. 

He picked her up and placed her in the couch and said calmly “ Who is here dear ?”. Sun young looked up and said stuttering “ K k kyungsoo , Jinri’s s- son”. He hold her face and looked at her teary eyes “ Honey , we talked about that. I told you earlier he’s..” he was cut off by sun young “ He’s up in jongin’s room , he’s been with jongin and I couldn’t recognize him the whole time”. 

“ What are you saying Sun young” he said gently. 

“ Young min , I remember everything now , I..” Sun young were cut off when jongin called out loudly from upstairs , she turned to the sound and stood up and run off to the kitchen to bring the medicine and went up stairs followed by her husband. 

Sun young stood next to kyungsoo’s bed  and gave jongin the medicine with shaky hand and jongin took it. Young min was standing next to the door and couldn’t believe what he saw , there was a boy laying in bed with red cheeks and ragged breath and jongin was giving him the medicine while sun young was holding his hand and apologizing. He walked slowly toward his wife and took a better look at the boy and gasp. He dropped to his knees and his wife followed him, he looked so much like jinri’s son, he holds sun young’s hand and turn his face and whispered “ It can’t be, I asked around and everyone said that he was..” Sun young hold his face and said between her hiccups “ it’s him young min , it’s our kyungsoo” and he hugged her while tears start to flow out of his eyes. 

 

Jongin covered kyungsoo and turned to stare at his parents who was hugging and crying silently. 

“ Mom , Dad” jongin whispered. They looked up to him and stood and walked out of the room. they sat at the couch in their room and jongin looked at them confusedly and said “ What’s happening? why are you crying and apologizing to kyungsoo. Mom I’m confused”. Sun young looked at him and young min said “ Jongin come sit , we will tell you everything”. 

After listening to his dad , he was dumbfounded by what he heard and turned to his mother who was sniffling “ Is it true ? Kyungsoo is your friend’s child ?” , she nodded and said “ I’m sorry”.

“ Why ?” jongin said “ why I can’t remember?” he felt his blood were boiling.

“ you were young jongin , too young to remember” young min said gently. Jongin stood up and looked at his parent angrily. 

“ Why , why did you left him behind ?” jongin said harshly “ you knew his grandmother wasn’t in a good shape to raise him, you knew he have no one except her , you didn’t think that someday he will end up all alone. How could do leave when you knew he’s sick and alone. How could you” his body was shaking and snapped at his parents. Young min stood up and Sun young cried loudly , she felt sharp pain in her chest. 

“ KIM JONGIN” Young min said angrily “ we tried everything , we did our best but his grandmother refused our help, and you both got into an accident…” he was cut off by jongin “ But dad you remembered , you knew everything and you decide to ignore it and” a hand landed on his face and everything went quite. 

 

 

“ It’s not their fault jongin” was said gently all on sudden. They turned to the source of the sound and kyungsoo was holding the knob and supporting his weak body with it.He heard everything and Sun young whispered “ Kyungsoo”. He looked at her and back at jongin and said with low voice “ it’s no one fault , They did this to provide you with the best. Everything that happened to me is not their fault” he finished with smile. Jongin dropped down and started to cry out loud like a baby. Sun young run to his side and hold her son and kept apologizing. Young min run to kyungsoo who was about to fall to the ground and hold him between his arms. He picked him up and brought him to their bed and laid him down and the rest follow. 

“ Rest now kyungsoo , we are here” Sun young said in low voice while playing with his hair. 

“ We will be on your side when you wake up” jongin whispered while holding his hand. 

“ Sleep my boy , you are not alone anymore”  Sun young said and kissed his forehead.

Kyungsoo looked at them fondly “ Grandma , mom , dad , I remember now , I found them , I’m not alone anymore” he closed his eyes and drifted to dreamland with brightest smile on his face. 

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin felt a soft squeeze in his shoulder and he looked over and saw his dad mouthing a silent sorry and follow me , he felt guilty seeing his dad soft eyes and looked back at kyungsoo and his mother who were sleeping peacefully and stood up and followed him his downstairs.

“ I’m sorry jongin , I thought I was doing the best for my family. Your mom was devastated when she woke up from the coma and she was sick for a while and when she got better , I didn’t have the heart to tell her about the past, I thought I was doing her a favor and I wanted to give her time to remember in her own , I didn’t want to push her , we were young and living in foreigner country ” said Young min with low voice. Jongin saw his dad’s back shaking slightly and he felt bad for snapping and blaming him earlier. He walked closer to his dad and said with guilty voice “ I’m sorry dad , I didn’t mean what I said earlier ,I didn’t mean to hurt you guys , you did what you have to do for this family” , young min whipped his tears and turned to jongin and looked at his left cheek and said “ sorry , I didn’t mean to slap you but the event of night came crashing down and seeing your mother like that didn’t help , I love you guys so much and I will die to protect both of you”. Jongin smiled back to his father “ I love you dad and I hope that someday I will be like you”. They hugged and walked to the kitchen. 

“ We need to clean this mess” jongin said with pout. 

“ Yeah , let’s clean it and go to sleep”  Young min said while chuckling. Jongin removed the candles from the cake and put it back in the fridge. 

“ What were you guys celebrating ?” Young min said while putting everything back in place. 

“ It’s Kyungsoo birthday , we were going to throw a surprise birthday for him tomorrow” Jongin sighed “ I think we will have to cancel it”

“ No we will not. Let’s do it” Young min said cheerfully.Jongin looked up and nodded his head excitedly.  They finished and went upstairs , they peered inside the room and saw kyungsoo and sun young sleeping soundly , young min covered them with warm blanket and closed the door and turn to his son and said “ I think we will sleep in your room son” Jongin laughed and run off to his room and young min followed him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin woke up early in the morning , he texted his friends to come over at 5 pm. He got up , washed and went to his parents room. He knocked the door softly and opened it and saw his mother awake and sitting on the bed while holding kyungsoo’s hand who’s still sleeping. He walked over and touched his mom’s shoulder gently. Sun young looked up and he gave her a warm smile and whispered “sorry mom”, she smiled back at him and said “ I’m the one who should say sorry”.

“ How is he now ?” Jongin asked concerned seeing the sleeping boy.

“ He’s fine , his temperature is back to normal but he still having coughing fits.” Sun young said while playing with kyungsoo’s hand. Jongin sighed in relief and turned his head when he heard a knock on the door. 

“ Good morning guys , I made breakfast , come on let’s eat” Young min said while peering through the door. They followed him down leaving kyungsoo to sleep more.

 

 

 

“ Mom?” Jongin asked softly while touching his mom’s hand who was playing with the food without eating it. She looked up and hammed. 

“ Sun young , you need to eat honey.” Young min said . 

“ I don’t have an appetite” Sun young sighed softly.

“ Do you want me to feed you in front of jongin” young min said while raising both his eyebrows up and down. Sun young cheeks turned rosy and she punched her husband lightly on his shoulder. Jongin looked fondly at them and he understand why his father did what he did , he can see the love in their eyes , touches and talks. He wanted to be like them , he wanted to have this kind of love and his mind wondered to kyungsoo and he felt his cheeks getting warmer just from thinking of the doe eyes boy. 

 

“Honey , we are going to throw a birthday party for kyungsoo” young min said calmly. Jongin nodded supporting his father’s statement. She looked at them and smiled fondly and nodded. 

“ I already invited my friends , maybe we can invite Chanyeol’s and baekhyun’s dad and maybe his managers too” Jongin said in one breath.

“ How about we keep it small , Kyungsoo is still not feeling well and with everything he’s been through he might not be ready to meet everyone”. Sun young said, Jongin nodded and said “ you are right mom.” 

“ You can invite your friends , that will be okay” Sun young said. Jongin nodded and smiled back. 

“ I have a question ?” young min said gently. They turned to him and waited. 

“ What happened to kyungsoo , I noticed his broken fingers , bruises and he’s awfully thin, was he your friend who was hospitalized ? What kind of an accident did that to him?”. Young min asked concerned. Sun young and jongin sighed loudly. Jongin told his father everything he knew and what happened recently. Young min felt shiver run through his body listening to jongin. “ Poor kid” came out as whisper from him. They heard soft footsteps coming down the stairs and they turned to look at kyungsoo , jongin stood up and walked to him. 

“ Good morning Soo , how are you feeling?” Jongin said softly while helping him to walk to the table. 

“ Good morning Nini, I’m fine” Kyungsoo replied shyly. They were in front of the table and kyungsoo saw Jongin’s parents and flashed his heart shape smiled and bowed slightly. 

“ Good morning Kyungsoo, I’m jongin’s father” Young min said while reaching his hand to shake the boy’s hand. 

“ Come sit here kyungsoo” Sun young said softly. They sat together and they literally fed spoon kyungsoo with everything. Jongin fed kyungsoo while Sun young wipped his mouth. Kyungsoo pouted cutely and said “ I’m not a baby , I can do it myself” , they looked at him and cooed together , kyungsoo looked so cute and adorable. Sun young reached her hand to his cheeks and pinched them lightly “ You are so adorable , you look like a baby”. He frowned but for a second before he laughed and they are laughed together. 

“ We are happy kyungsoo that you are with us now” Young min said looking directly in kyungsoo’s eyes “ I’m sorry kid”. Silent fall over the table and jongin reached kyungsoo’s hand under the table and squeezed it lightly. 

“ I’m here now Mr.Kim” kyungsoo said while he smiled adorably “ the past is in the past and what’s matter is that we are all here together”. 

“ You are right kid we are all here”Young min said and smiled back to kyungsoo. Sun young patted kyungsoo’s head “ We are proud of the person you grow in kyungsoo, your parents would be so proud of you” Sun young said while tears gathered in her hazelnut’s eyes.

“ You two go change we have a full and long day ahead of us” young min said gently.The boys went upstairs to kyungsoo’s room.

 

-

 

 

“ Honey , please don’t be like this” Young min said calmly while hugging his wife. Sun young was crying silently in his embrace. 

“ B-but young min , how can we make up for all the years , kyungsoo suffered a lot because of my stupid brain” Sun young hiccuped softly. Young min kissed her head and said gently “ He’s here now , we are together now. Let’s create happy memories from now on. Both of you suffered , both of you are strong and brave” he rubbed her back gently “ Tears and regrets won’t fixed anything baby. Let’s make him happy”. Sun young looked at her husband and smiled sadly “ Yeah let’s make him h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter