Chapter 9 - I'll Be Here

Tomorrow's Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“ The contact number on his emergency list is out of service , do you know his guardian number?” The nurse looked at the four boys. The boys looked at each other and they shook their heads no. The nurse looked at the sick boy and sighed. 

“The paramedic will arrive soon and they will need a guardian number” the nurse said.

“ I’ll go with him please.” Jongin pleaded with eyes soaked with tears.

“ No you can’t go , we need to reach a family member and tell them the situation, kyungsoo is so sick, someone need to be with him”. The nurse said.

A whimper came from kyungsoo mouth , Jongin reached to him and tried to calm the boy down.

He hold his right hand and touched the boy face with the back of his palm. Tears were coming down from his closed eyes. Even with an oxygen mask , his lips were still blue and his fingertips too. 

“ He have no parents or relatives” Chanyeol said sadly.

Baekhyun and Sehun looked sadly at the weak limp on the bed. 

The nurse sighed and said “ Wait here for the paramedic ,they will arrive soon , I need to talk to the principal to inform him with the situation.” 

“ Please don’t tell him about kyungsoo’s family.” Baekhyun stopped in front of the nurse and begged with tears in his eyes.

The nurse looked at him and back at kyungsoo and said “ Don’t worry , I’ll talk to the principal to let me go with kyungsoo.” he patted baekhyun shoulder and left the room. 

The three boys hover over the bed and saw the pale body sitting with close eye.

“ What will happen now ?” Sehun said concerned.

“ I’ll call mom to come to the hospital , she will be able to handle it better than me.” Jongin said  with shaky voice. 

Chanyeol patted jongin shoulder and said “ We are here for you jongin , don’t worry we won’t leave kyungsoo side”.

Suddenly , kyungsoo opened his eyes that were full of tears and blurted out “ Grand- Grandma , Mo - Mom , Da -Dad..” He looked around and kept calling for his grandmother and parents while clenching his hand on jongin’s shirt. 

The scene of kyungsoo calling his parents broke the boys heart. Baekhyun burst into tears and cried and Chanyeol hold him and patted his head while Sehun turned around and huffed. Jongin looked at the boy’s face and his heart shattered , he couldn’t do anything except holding the boy in his embrace.Kyungsoo burst out crying desperately , his whole body shook roughly when he tried to breath for air. He whispered “ Grandma , come and take me please. Mom Dad please I want you.” His vision was blurry and it was hard to breath even with oxygen pumping into his body , his grip on jongin’s shirt began to loose. Jongin tears were running down his face like a waterfall, he looked at the boy who went limp in his embrace again.But suddenly Kyungsoo body’s stiffened and jongin panicked.Kyungsoo body’s began to shake violently. At that moment , the paramedic arrived and one of them went directly to jongin and the shaking boy followed by the nurse. 

“ What’s happening to him?” Baekhyun screamed. The boys were terrified from the scene that’s happening in front of them. 

The paramedic man stood by Jongin and hold his shoulder and said “ Talk to him , try to calm him down”. Jongin looked shocked at the paramedic man and back at the shaking boy and said softly” Hey Soo, it’s Jongin , I’m here, I won’t leave you alone” “ I will stay with you” and he kept comforting the shaking boy, once the shaking body calm down , the paramedic came over and hold the weak body and moved it to a stretcher.

“ Please sir let me go with him , I’ll call my mom to come there , please I can’t leave him.” Jongin said crying and tugged the nurse sleeves. The paramedic man looked at the boys and nurse and said “Only one can go.” The nurse sighed worriedly and said “ Jongin go and I’ll follow you guys to the hospital”. Jongin hold into kyungsoo’s hand and got into the ambulance.

 

 

“ What happened to him back in the room?” Jongin asked with shaky voice.

“ He was having a seizure” one of them said while holding the bag valve mask around kyungsoo’s face and the other squeezes the bag and focuses on breath and timing.

“ What’s your name student?” the man asked.

“ Kim Jongin sir” Jongin replied. 

“ Kim Jongin I need your help here , I want you to hold the mask around Kyungsoo’s face , you think you can do it” Said the one who’s holding the mask. Jongin looked at him and nodded.

Jongin hand were shaking badly , the paramedic looked at him and said gently “ You can do it kid , the boy need you , you helped him back when he had his seizure , you can do this too”. Jongin gulped and nodded. He hold the mask securely around kyungsoo face and the other paramedic took a device the same one the nurse used to measure the oxygen level. Jongin looked at the kyungsoo and back at the paramedic and said softly “ Can I talk to him ? Will he hear what I say”. The man smiled to him and nodded his head and told him to go ahead. 

“ Hey Soo , It’s me jongin.” Jongin said with soft voice. “ I will be here when you wake up , I will not leave you , I promise you.” Jongin voice crack at the end. The other paramedic hold jongin hand and told him that he did great and he can let go of the mask. They arrived at the Seoul Hospital and a Doctor was waiting for them and they took kyungsoo in , Jongin tried to follow but he wasn’t allowed inside. An old nurse came to him and took him to the waiting area and said “ Don’t worry your friend is in a good hands.” and smiled and continue “ Do you want to drink something?” Jongin shook his head.Then she said “ I will update you with your friend status okay, now take a seat here , I’ll bring you something to drink” and she disappeared. 

 

 

Jongin took his phone out of his pocket with shaky hands and saw text messages from his friends asking him about kyungsoo. He couldn’t reply to them and dialed his mother number. 

“ Jongin , Are you okay ? Something happened?” Sun young asked immediately because it was 10 am and her son should be in class right now.

“ M-Mom” Jongin cried. 

“ Nini why are crying , please son where are you” Sun young panicked.

“ Mom it’s K-Kyungsoo” his voice cracked and he cried.

“ Where are you jongin?” He heard noises from the other line. 

“ Seoul hospital” he whispered tiredly.

“ I will be there in 15 minutes , Jongin son everything going to be alright. I’m coming now” she hanged up. 

Jongin let out a long sighed and pulled his knee to his chest and buried his face in his knee crying and praying to god to let kyungsoo be alright. 

 

Two shadow hover over his body , he looked up and saw his mother and the school Nurse Mr.Lee. Sun young bend down and hugged her son and jongin start to cry again.

“ Mom” Jongin let out a shaky sob.

“ Kyungsoo will be alright nini , He will be fine.” Sun young patted his shoulder in order to calm him down.

“ Kyungsoo is a fighter , he will overcome it.” Mr.lee said trying to reassure the crying boy.

 

 

-

 

 

At lunch break , the 3 boys sat quietly at their usual table and kept checking their phone every now and then to see if jongin respond to any of their texts. Luhan came by and sat next to Sehun.

“ Have you heard what happened today , an ambulance came today and took a student because he was in a fight and he was hurt badly” Luhan sighed and drink his apple juice.

“ It was Kyungsoo , luhan hyung” Sehun said sadly. 

Luhan chocked on his drink and turned his face to look at the three of the boys sitting. 

“ Did you say it was Do Kyungsoo, what happened to him?.” Luhan voice cracked. Sehun looked at luhan and saw the latter on the verge of crying.

“ We don’t know and we are waiting for jongin to update us with his status” Chanyeol sighed.

They heard a sniffle and turned to Baekhyun who covered his face with his small hands and cried silently.Chanyeol put his arm around Baekhyun shoulder and pulled him close and whispered to him that everything is going to be okay , kyungsoo is strong. 

“ Please Sehun update me with his status , I want to help with whatever I can.” Luhan said putting his hand in Sehun shoulder. The bell ring indicating the end of the lunch break. The group went to their respective classes.

 

-

 

Its been 2 hours since the doctor took kyungsoo in . Jongin , Sun young and Mr.lee were waiting in the waiting area. The door to where they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter