Chapter 17 - Memories

Tomorrow's Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : LONG CHAPTER :P ENJOY ~ 

 

Jongin kept rocking kyungsoo back and forth till kyungsoo whimpers dropped and replaced by soft sniffles. Jongin kept patting kyungsoo’s back gently and humming a song. When jongin felt kyungsoo’s body relaxed and the hold on his shirt loosen , he looked down and saw kyungsoo’s eye opened and he looked like he is spaced out. 

“ Kyungsoo ?” jongin called softly. Kyungsoo didn’t answer and jongin wondered what was kyungsoo thinking. 

“ Soo?” Jongin tried again but still no answer from kyungsoo. He shake him gently and kyungsoo blinked and was about to look up when the door to kyungsoo’s room opened and 3 boys entered. Kyungsoo’s body start to shake and he buried his face again in jongin’s chest and hold him tightly and said in whispers “ Don’t leave me” and jongin hold him closer with a worried look written in his face , he patted his back gently and rocked him back and forth. The 3 friends stood in their places and was confused from the scene in front of them. Kyungsoo never looked so fragile like this , he was hiding his face from them and holding jongin so tight that they were sure that the shirt will be rapped in any second. Jongin looked up and shook his head sadly and they nodded and left the room waiting in the cafeteria. Jongin tried to calm kyungsoo down but kyungsoo was super clingy and he flinch and hold him tighter whenever jongin move or he hear sounds around him and it made jongin more worried so he tried talking to him. 

“ Soo , it’s only me in here. Look at me” Jongin said softly and waited for kyungsoo to look up. 

“ Do Kyungsoo. Look at me” Jongin said in calm voice which made kyungsoo loosen his hold on him and look up immediately. Jongin heart broke for the million time looking at kyungsoo’s state. Jongin touched kyungsoo’s cheek gently and wondered “ Kyungsoo, what happened to you? please tell me. You were getting better , what happened to you that made you like this?” , his thought were cut off when kyungsoo called him in whisper. Jongin hummed and waited for kyungsoo to speak up. Kyungsoo moved his hand from jongin’s shirt and placed his shaky hand on jongin’s cheek and he could see the worry and fears in jongin’s eyes. He gathered his last bit of courage and with shaky voice and tears running down his face he said “ Jongin , help me please. I’m so scared. They will kill me. They want to hurt me and . . “ and he hiccuped roughly and cried loudly and tried to say “ T-they w-want t-to ..” and he moved his hand from jongin’s cheek and moved back and hugged himself to stop his body from shaking and dropped his head and it all clicked now in jongin’s head. Jongin moved forward and hugged kyungsoo and said “ Soo, no one will lay a finger on you while I’m here. No one will touch and hurt you as long as I am by your side. I will never leave you”, kyungsoo nodded his head and cried silently and said desperately between his cries “ J-jongin , p-please I w-want t-to g-go h-home. T-take m-me h-home”. Jongin secured kyungsoo between his arms and said “ I will kyungsoo. I will talk you home”. Kyungsoo felt safe in jongin’s embrace , he wanted to stay there forever , he believe and trust jongin. Jongin looked down and saw kyungsoo closed eyes and parted lips and loud breath were coming in and out. 

“ Soo , are you having trouble when you breath ?” Jongin asked worriedly. Kyungsoo nodded tiredly and opened his eyes and closed them again. 

“ Soo, I need to call the doctor to check on you. Are you okay with that?” Jongin said in begging voice. Kyungsoo respond by nodding weakly and said with tired voice “ S-stay w-with m-me. D-don’t l-leave m-me a-alone w-with t-them.” and tried to inhale but a cough stuck in his throat and he started to cough loudly. Jongin pressed the button to call the nurse and few seconds a nurse came in and jongin said worriedly while trying to calm kyungsoo down “ Call the doctor now please”. The nurse left the room hurriedly and came back with Dr.Jang who walked fast to where jongin and kyungsoo sitting.

“ What happened to him? Why is there blood in his pants?” Dr.Jang asked confused and tried to move kyungsoo from jongin but kyungsoo kept holding jongin and shaking his head while struggling to breath. Jongin looked at the doctor and said silently “ Wait” and Dr.Jang nodded and step backward. 

“ Hey soo, Dr.Jang here want to help you and I will be right next to you. I’m not leaving you alone okay. Do you understand me soo? I’m not going anywhere and dr.jang will not hurt you. You know him , he only want to help” Jongin said softly looking at kyungsoo in the eye. Kyungsoo looked back at jongin and like magic his words calm kyungsoo and he nodded weakly. Jongin laid kyungsoo in bed and hold kyungsoo’s hand tightly and nodded for the doctor to come and check. Dr.Jang put oxygen mask around kyungsoo’s nose and mouth , he then lifted kyungsoo’s hospital gown and checked his chest , he pressed gently and kyungsoo flinched and tight his hold on jongin’s hand and jongin said worriedly“ Doctor , he’s in pain please stop”. Dr.Jang nodded and sighed ,jongin notice bruises of shape of finger in kyungsoo’s chest and frown.

“ Dr.Jang , what are those ?” jongin asked and pointed with his other hand and the doctor followed jongin’s  hand and checked the bruised area and frown. He looked up at jongin and back at kyungsoo and said gently “ Kyungsoo, can you tell me what happened ?” , kyungsoo stayed quite and turned his face to the other side. Jongin moved his eyes around the room and notice a basket of fruits and energy drinks , the fruit looked fresh. Jongin run his thumb on kyungsoo’s back hand and said softly “ Don’t worry , I’m here” while his mind wondered “ I need to figure out who visited you kyungsoo. Whoever came today , did that to you. who did that to you , how dare they come here and hurt you. I will kill them”. Dr.Jang checked kyungsoo thigh and notice the same bruises near the deep gash and sighed and jongin notice the bruises too and hold kyungsoo hand gently and kissed it. Dr.Jang run some test and sighed in relief , jongin looked at him with question on his face and Dr.Jang said in gentle voice “ Thankfully , nothing serious. His chest is bruised and no sign for further broken ribs and his ribs are healing nicely. The stitches on his thigh are still in there places and not opened , however the area around the gash will be bruised”, jongin looked at kyungsoo who fall asleep. Dr.Jang was about to leave but he was stopped by jongin , Dr.jang turn around confused.

“ Can kyungsoo be discharged from the hospital ?” Jongin asked nervously. 

“ Of course no. He’s still injured , and with his mental status he need to be under medical observation” Dr.Jang said and sighed loudly. 

“ Dr.Jang, I know he is injured but can’t he stay at home and rest. I can’t let him here alone. I will have to go to school and my mom is sick, who will take care of him when we are not around” Jongin said desperately. Dr.Jang looked at him sadly and said gently “ But jongin we are here. He will not be alone”. 

“ But he’s hurt. Whoever hurt him can come again when no one around and hurt him” Jongin said while tears gathered in his eyes. Dr.Jang looked at kyungsoo and wondered and turned to look at jongin and said in serious voice “ Mr.Kim , kyungsoo never said who hurt him and you said he have no family. Maybe kyungsoo hurt himself , when the other doctor came earlier said that kyungsoo was alone and with a piece of glass. Can’t you see it jongin , maybe he’s doing that for attention or other reasons , and  because of that I want to appoint him to a psychiatrist”. Jongin opened his eyes wide open shocked and turn his head to look at kyungsoo who was sleeping in peace. 

“ How could you say that?” Jongin said angry while tears run down his face and continue “ You are a doctor , you should know better ? look around” and jongin pointed at the basket of fruits and said “ You said it yourself , kyungsoo have no family. Who would bring these ? My mom was sick and she was hospitalized and I was sick. This basket was not here last time I saw kyungsoo.”. Dr.Jang turned his face and looked at kyungsoo and stared for a while and let out a loud sighed and said gently “ Take care of him Mr.Kim. He’s healing nicely , I think I will take out the cast on his legs but the one on his hand will stay for another week and half. I can discharge him tomorrow or the day after. But I still want him to see a psychiatrist , this poor boy have been through a lot.” he turned to jongin and patted his shoulder gently and left the room while jongin was standing there with open mouth and eyes. He shook his head and walked to kyungsoo and sat at the edge of the bed and said after he kissed his forehead “ I will take you home Soo , we are going home”.

 

 

Sun Young was sitting on a blanket in familiar park with her friend jinri while jongin and other kid were playing on the swings. Jinri was watching the kids playing with big warm smile on her face and Sun young was staring at her , tears were dropping out of her eyes and she wiped them softly. Jinri turned her face and looked at Sun young and reached her hand to wipe from Sun Young’s face and smiled brightly. 

“ You look ugly when you cry” Jinri said playfully. Sun young let out a soft laugh and said “ gosh I missed you Jinri” Jinri giggled and opened her arms for sun young and she didn’t hesitate to bury herself in jinri embrace and cried out loud while jinri patted her shoulder and hummed a lullaby. After 5 minutes , Sun young cried turned to soft sniffles and Jinri wiped her tears away. 

“ It took you so long to remember me Sun young” Jinri said teasingly. Sun young let out a soft laugh and said “ I’m sorry Jinri for not remembering earlier”. Jinri hugged her and said “ You have been through a lot Sun young” and Sun young returned the hug and was interrupted by young jongin. 

“ Mommy” jongin said with big smile.  Sun young pushed herself from her best friend and looked at her son who jumped to her lap and hugged her tightly and giggle which made Sun young laugh. Jinri stood up and called for her son who was playing by the swing alone and Sun young followed her with her eyes. 

“ Mommy ?” Jongin said cutely. Sun young broke the gaze and saw her son and hummed softly.

“ I like playing with Soo , we are best friend like you and aunt jinri.” Jongin said with bright smile and averted his gaze to look at the mother and son and jumped out of sun young lap and run to other kid to play. Sun young felt her heart tighten while she repeat the name in her mind “ Soo ,Soo ,Soo” , Jinri approached Sung young again leaving the kids to resume their playing. 

“ I’m sorry jinri for not taking care of your son” Sun young blurted out and tears were running down her face again. 

“ it’s okay” Jinri said sadly with small smile and averted her gaze from Sun Young to her son and whispered “ He will be fine since you are here now.” Sun young crying turned to confusion and jinri words played in her head “ He will be fine since I am here ?”. 

“ What does that mean? he will be fine ? didn’t he . . .” Sun young were cut off by the little boy who came running to jinri and Sun young froze. A boy with white skin , owlish eyes , thick black hair and heart shape lips came running followed by jongin and laughter were coming out from from their mouths. The little boy jumped into Jinri’s lap and buried his face in her embrace while Sun young felt her heart skipped beat and whispered “ Kyung..” and everything turned black , Sun young was surrounded by darkness. 

 

Sun young woke up to the sound of her husband frustrated voice , she looked up and saw the frown in her husband face and noticed that he was talking in the phone. She picked up some of the conversation like “ My family need me” “ I can’t be there” “ I know the meeting is important but my family come first” he huffed annoyingly and hang up. Jongin’s father turned around and saw Sun young looking at him with warm smile. He walked and sat in the edge of the bed and hugged her gently.

“ How are you feeling Sun young?” Jongin’s father said softly.

“ Young min , I’m fine. Who were you talking with? is it work ?” Sun young said while touching Young min’s cheek. Young min looked fondly at Sun young and said while kissing her cheek “ Don’t worry Sun young , I’m staying here with you”. Sun young smiled warmly at him and said “ Young min, I’m fine.  Don’t worry about me.” 

“ Yes dad. You don’t need to worry about mom , I’m here for her” Jongin said brightly. 

Young min turned his face and Sun young smiled looking at her son. Jongin walked to his parents and placed his hand around his father’s shoulder. Young min smiled to his son and said “ How are you feeling son?” 

“ I’m back to normal dad. If work need you , go and finish it and come back to us.” Jongin smiled big to his father and sun young touched jongin’s hand.

“ Does that mean you will go to school tomorrow” Young min said teasingly and winked to Sun young. 

“No , I still need to recover. I still feel warm” Jongin said pouting which made his parents laugh and his father pinched his nose. 

“ Oh how is your friend ?” Young min asked. 

“ He’s fine , they might discharge him tomorrow or the day after tomorrow” Jongin said avoiding his father gaze. 

“ What happened to him why is he hospitalized?” Young min asked concerned. Jongin gulped slowly and was about to answer when Sun young said calmly “ he’s been in a car accident , that why we were here in the first place.” Jongin looked at Sun young and smiled thankfully to her. 

“ Oh , who is he ? is it Sehun ?” Young min asked worriedly. 

“ No , it’s not Sehun. It’s Kyun…” Jongin said but was cut off by a knock in the door and Dr.Park came in and Young min stood to greet the doctor and talked for few minutes outside while jongin stayed with sun young. 

“ Will they really discharge kyungsoo tomorrow ?” Sun young said doubting. Jongin looked at her sadly and she noticed the change of the mood of her son, so she reached his hand and said “ What happened jongin? Is Kyungsoo alright ?” Sun young said while she felt her heart tightened whenever kyungsoo’s name is mentioned. 

“ I don’t know anymore mom” Jongin sighed out loud and said “ He begged me to take him from here. He kept begging me to take him home mom.” 

“ Why? what happened ?” Sun young asked concerned. 

“ Someone visited him and I have a feeling that it was his attacker, he was bruised in his thigh and chest mom. He had a piece of glass in his hand and was about to hurt himself.” Jongin said sadly “ Mom it hurt in here “ and placed his hand above his heart and continued “ I don’t know anymore mom. Soo is hurting and I don’t know how to help him. It break my heart seeing him suffering all alone and I can’t do anything. I want to take all the pain and hurt away. I want to see him smile and laugh. He have beautiful smile , I always want to see him smile and laugh it suit him so much.” Jongin dropped his head and sighed again. Sun young lifted her son’s face and said softly “ We will take him home son , kyungsoo will stay with us and I don’t care how long it will take him to recover from all of what he went through. He will stay with us and we will protect him jongin. I can’t let him go in his own , I just can’t , I have this feeling that I need to take care of him.” Jongin looked at her with proud look and said “ I love you mom. I’m so lucky to have you”. Young min came in and heard what jongin said to his mom and said with pout “ What about me jongin?” jongin turned around and giggle and sun young said teasing “ omg  I have two kids not one” , the Kims family laughed together and jongin excused himself and went down to meet his friends whose waiting down in the cafeteria. 

 

“ Jongin-yah , over here” Baekhyun said out loud once he saw jongin walking into the cafeteria.  Jongin smiled to his friends and walked to the table and sat with them. 

“ How are you jongin-yah?” Baekhyun said with soft smile in his face. Jongin looked at his friends faces and nodded his face and said “ I’m fine”. 

“ How is he?” Chanyeol asked worriedly. Jongin looked at them and sighed out loud and said “ He’s fine right now. I asked for the doctor to discharge him.” 

“ What jongin ? are you out of your mind ?” Baekhyun said out loud. Chanyeol reached for baekhyun’s hand and squeezed it. Sehun looked at jongin and said in calm voice “ What made you take this decision jongin?”. Jongin looked at his friends and dropped his head and said “ He want too. He don’t want to stay in the hospital guys , he’s not safe.” 

“ What do you mean by he’s not safe ?” chanyeol asked confused and they looked at him with confused expression.

“ His attacker came in and attacked him “ Jongin said and his voice cracked at the end of the sentence 

“ In the hospital ?!” Chanyeol asked shocked. Baekhyun placed his hand around jongin’s shoulder and hugged him. 

“ Where is the security ? How did this happened” Sehun said angrily. 

“ I don’t know. All I know is I need to take kyungsoo out of here and take him to my home. I already told my mom and she’s with me.” Jongin said sighing. 

“ Can we go see him ?” Chanyeol asked jongin with small smile. Jongin looked at them and nodded his head. They all stood up and walked to kyungsoo’s room.

 

A boy was wondering in front of kyungsoo’s room with a juice box in his hand. Jongin walked fast followed by his friends. The boy saw jongin and his friends and bowed respectfully and was about to say something but he was cut by baekhyun “ Jongdae what are you doing here?” Baekhyun asked surprised ,Jongdae looked at him and said smiling like a cat “ Hi baekhyun , chanyeol .I’m here to visit a colleague” Sehun looked at them and asked chanyeol “ you know each other”. 

“ Yes, jongdae and I take vocal classes together” Baekhyun answered sehun.

“ What are you doing here Baekhyun ?” Jongdae asked 

“ I’m here to visit a friend” Baekhyun answered with a smile. Jongdae smiled back and a nurse came walking and jongdae said “ Excuse me , where can I find Do Kyungsoo?” The group of four stopped walking when they heard the name being mentioned and turned to jongdae. The nurse pointed at the room with number 359 and walked away. 

“ You know kyungsoo?” Chanyeol asked . 

“ Yes he’s my colleague , we work together in the convenience store. Do you know him?” Jongdae said. 

“ Yes he’s our friend.” Baekhyun said smiling. Jongdae smile and followed the group of 4 to kyungsoo’s room. Kyungsoo was still sleeping, they walked in quietly and jongdae placed the juice box on the table next to the other juice box. They sat on the couch while jongin sat on the chair next to the bed and hold his hand , jongdae walked to kyungsoo’s bed and looked at him and sighed , he looked at jongin who was staring at kyungsoo and said cheerfully “ He will be fine , kyungsoo is strong kid. I only known him for two weeks butI know that he’s strong.” he took a look on kyungsoo’s face and said “ He never missed a shift even if he was sick , he would come to work and complete his shift without complaining” and looked at jongin who was looking at him and jongdae gave him a big warm smile before he walked to where baekhyun were sitting and sat next to him. 

 

The door of kyungsoo’s room opened slowly and Sun young came in and the boys stood up to greet her and they chatted for a bit. Kyungsoo were still sleeping and jongin stayed by his side. Jongdae phone rang and he answered and lowered his voice while speaking in the phone , he hung up after few minutes. 

“ Who were you talking with?” Baekhyun asked winking. 

“ It was Mr.Kim my manager” jongdae said laughing and continued “ He was checking if I found the room , he came earlier today with Mr.Cho to visit kyungsoo”

“ Oh yeah Mr.Kim and Mr.Cho are kyungsoo’s managers” Sun young said softly and jongdae nodded smiling.Jongdae stood up and bid his goodbye to the boys and Sun young and left the room. 

“ He’s a nice boy” Sun young said after jongdae left. The boys agreed with her and she stood up and walked to where jongin is sitting. 

“ Hi Nini” Sun young said softly while she sat next to her son and looked at kyungsoo who was still sleeping in peace. 

“ He look so peaceful” Jongin blurted out. Sun young smiled and hummed as an answer. 

“ How can someone hurt him?” Jongin whispered and Sun young heard him so she placed her hand around his shoulder and pulled him gently toward her and kissed his head.

“Mom ? Can kyungsoo stay with us forever?” Jongin asked with broken voice.

“ If he want to stay with us forever I will be the happiest person in the world” Sun young said smiling and took another glance to the boy sleeping in front of her. 

“ Do you think dad will be okay with it?” Jongin asked.

“ Of course. He won’t mind jongin. Your dad loves you so much and he support you100%” Sun young said while patting jongin’s head. Jongin looked at his mother and smiled warmly and turn his head to look at kyungsoo so did sun young. 

“ Mom?” Jongin called his mother. Sun young hummed as an answer. 

“ Whenever I see Soo , I feel like we met before. I feel like I know him from before. I even had a dream about him when he was younger.” Jongin sighed and continued “ Mom , I don’t know how. I don’t remember meeting him before a month. But I always felt that we knew each other from before.” . Sun young gazed at kyungsoo and felt every word jongin said tightened her heart because that how she felt toward kyungsoo. Since the day jongin told her about kyungsoo , she felt protective toward him. Whenever she see kyungsoo or listen to his voice her heart beat fast and she felt something missing. 

“ I feel that too nini” Sun young blurted out and at the same time kyungsoo opened his eyes and sun young had goosebumps ,she kept looking at kyungsoo’s eyes. Kyungsoo blinked twice before he bring his fist and rubbed his eyes cutely. Sun Young was about to say something but was cut off by baekhyun who called kyungsoo loudly.

“ Kyungsoo” Baekhyun called out aloud and continued “ You are finally awake” he finished with smile , he walked toward the bed followed by chanyeol and sehun. Kyungsoo turned his head to look at baekhyun and smiled.

“ How are you feeling?” Baekhyun asked concerned. 

“ W-w-water” Kyungsoo answered with hoarse voice. Sehun brought a glass of water and chanyeol adjusted the bed. Jongin took the glass of water from Sehun and placed his hand around kyungsoo’s shoulder and brought the glass to kyungsoo’s mouth. 

“ Are you feeling better ?” Chanyeol asked gently. Kyungsoo looked at him with pinky cheeks and nodded. Suddenly kyungsoo’s stomach growls and everyone looked at him and they burst in laughter and kyungsoo looked around embarrassed and covered his face while baekhyun cooed at him and pulled the cover out of his face and he giggled. Jongin looked at kyungsoo fondly and he felt happy seeing the suffered boy smiling and laughing freely. His giggles and laughter sound like music to jongin’s ears

“ What do you want to eat kyungsoo ?” Sehun asked smiling. Kyungsoo’s cheeks got warmer and pinker since everyone were waiting for his answer. Jongin hold kyungsoo’s hand and said softly “ What do you really want to eat right now soo. Just name it and we will get it for you” Kyungsoo looked at jongin with warm expression and dropped his head embarrassed and said in whispers “ Pizza”.

“  What did you say kyungsoo?” Baekhyun said cheerfully. Kyungsoo looked up and said with soft voice “ Pizza”. 

“ What kind of pizza you want kyungsoo?” Chanyeol said.

“ Anything” Kyungsoo answered and dropped his head and fiddled with his fingers. Chanyeol raffled kyungsoo’s hair and said “ Then we will have pizza party tonight”. 

 

The food arrived, chanyeol orders 3 large pizza with fries and cokes and garlic bread. They ate and chatted about school ,clubs and activities. it was around 9pm when Baekhyun , chanyeol and sehun left and jongin and sun young stayed behind. 

“ I will go talk to your father jongin and when I’m back be ready because you have school tomorrow and I’ll drop you home for tonight.” Sun young said to jongin while amber were changing kyungsoo IV and give him his medicine.

“ Do I need to go to school tomorrow? I’m still sick” Jongin said faking a cough.

“ yes you need and you are not sick , I’m your mother after all ,I know when you are sick or faking it.” Sun young said softly and raffled jongin’s hair who was pouting and crossing his hand.Sun young left the room followed by amber , jongin walked to kyungsoo’s bed and was  about to say something but kyungsoo spoke first.

“ Are you going home tonight?” Kyungsoo said softly while avoiding jongin’s gaze.

“ Yes , I need to go to school.” Jongin said sadly and continued “ I know I said I’ll never leave you but..” he stops and fiddle with his fingers.

“ It’s okay jongin” Kyungsoo said with warm smile while he fiddles with his fingers.

“ Soo ?” Jongin called softly and kyungsoo hummed and looked up to jongin.

“ You will be discharged tomorrow. I talked to the doctor and he said that he can discharge you tomorrow or after tomorrow but I’ll make sure he discharge you tomorrow.”

“ Thank you jongin”  Kyungsoo said absently while his mind wondered “ it’s a good news kyungsoo. You asked for it. But where I am going to go. I don’t want to go to that room again.” A shiver run down kyungsoo’s body when he thought of the room and all the memories that came with it so he hugged his body to stop the shiver. Jongin noticed kyungsoo’s pale face so he reached for kyungsoo’s cheek and touched it.

“ Do Kyungsoo , you are staying wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter