Chapter 15 - Fragment of Memories

Tomorrow's Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“ Jongin it’s almost 5:30 in the morning , you need to sleep.” Sun Young said softly looking at jongin who was sitting in a chair next to the bed and holding Kyungsoo’s hands . Jongin was in deep thoughts while staring at kyungsoo who’s in deep sleep. Jongin thoughts wondered around the last thing kyungsoo said before collapsing, he couldn’t catch the names that came out of kyungsoo’s mouth. Jongin let out a loud sigh and turned his head to see the hand touching his shoulder gently and raise his head to look at his mother who smiled to him. 

“ Jongin-yah?” Sun young called jongin gently. 

“ Yes mom?” jongin answered.

“ I was saying that you need to sleep. I’ll watch over kyungsoo now. Don’t worry” Sun young said and looked at kyungsoo.

“ I can’t mom. What if something happen?” Jongin voice cracked at the end. 

“ Jongin , I’m here and the doctors and nurses are here too. Nothing bad going to happen. You need to take good care of yourself in order to take care of kyungsoo.” Sun young said calmly and continued “ Plus if you didn’t listen to what I’m saying and sleep now , I’m going to send you to school , did you forget that school start today?” she finished with teased smile. 

“ I don’t want to go to school. I can’t leave Soo alone” Jongin said pouting cutely. 

“ Then sleep please. I’m going to call the school later and tell them that you are not coming today and tomorrow. But just two days jongin , and then you have to go and I’ll be here with kyungsoo.” Sun young said raffling her son hair. 

“ Thank you mom , you are the best mother in the world.” Jongin said hugging his mother and continue “ Thank you for moving kyungsoo to VIP room.” Sun young nodded her head and prepared the couch for jongin with fluffy pillow and heavy blanket. Jongin laid down in the couch and covered his sore body with blanket and let out another sighed. He looked at the back of his mother sitting in the chair next to kyungsoo and humming a lullaby, he felt his eyes dropping quickly and he drifted to sleep.

 

Kyungsoo opened his eyes slowly and blinked few times before he heard a soft voice coming from his left side. “Kyungsoo ?”. Kyungsoo heart beat fast listening to the familiar voice and he blurted out in whisper “Auntie”. Sun Young looked at kyungsoo and felt her heart tighten , but she smiled and hummed answering kyungsoo. Kyungsoo looked around and landed his eye on a sleeping figure on the couch and whispered “Jongin” . Sun young followed kyungsoo’s eyes and she smiled and answered softly “ Yes , it’s jongin. He’s sleeping”. And turned to look at kyungsoo and he looked back at her.

“ Why I’m here ?” Kyungsoo said softly looking around.

“ Don’t worry kyungsoo. We are going to take care of everything.” Sun young said touching his hand gently.

“ Is jongin mad at me?” Kyungsoo asked gazing at the sleeping figure again. 

“ Of course not. He’s just worried about you” Sun young said while looking at kyungsoo hand. 

“ But I made him cry” Kyungsoo said looking back at Sun Young while tears began to gather in his eyes. 

Sun Young looked at kyungsoo and wiped the tears that start to fall down his cheeks and said “ You didn’t made him cry Kyungsoo. Jongin was just worried and he thought that you don’t want his help. Jongin really care about you”. 

“ Mrs.Kim” Kyungsoo whispered.

“ Yes Kyungsoo?” Sun young answered.

“ Thank you for everything , Thank you for taking care of boy like me” Kyungsoo said while trying to sit up to bow to Sun Young but he let out a whimper when he tried to move. Sun Young hold his body down gently and said “ Kyungsoo you can’t move carelessly , you might hurt yourself”.Kyungsoo looked around and notice two different needles in his hand , he looked up and saw a bag of blood and another bag of transparent liquid , he looked down at his hand again and notice a cast on two of his left fingers , he felt something heavy on his right leg and Sun young was able to figure out what happening to kyungsoo so she hold his uninjured hand and kyungsoo looked at her with frown and confused look. 

“ You injured your leg and fingers back at home , you have broken ribs and you lost lots of blood so you needed blood transfusion. They re-stitch your wounds. You will need to rest kyungsoo , you need to let your body heal.” Sun said calmly and continue “ Do you want me to call someone?. Is there a relative or someone who is looking after you?”. Kyungsoo looked at her and thought “ Mrs.Kim the more I listen to your voice , the more I remember my mom. Who are you? Have we meet before. Why do you and jongin feel familiar. Why do I feel safe when both of you around me.” Kyungsoo thoughts were cut by the same familiar soft voice calling his name. He looked down and played with the cast that covering his fingers and said softly “ I don’t have anyone.But if you can get someone to get my cellphone I need to call my manager and let him know about the situation ”, Sun Young felt her heart ripped and she swallow her tears and said “ I will ask someone from the house to bring it” and kyungsoo smiled warmly to her and all Sun young wanted is to protect this boy in front of her. Sun young smiled back and said “ Do you want me to call the school? It’s starting today , I can provide them with report from the hospital.” 

“ You will do that for me?” Kyungsoo asked surprised. 

“ Of course kyungsoo , I told you already. All of jongin’s friends are like my kids.” Sun young said smiling. 

“Thank you so much Mrs.Kim. I’ll make sure to pay you back” Kyungsoo said sincerely.

“ No Kyungsoo, you don’t need to do that. You are like my son now” Sun young said while reaching her hand to touch kyungsoo’s hand. Kyungsoo looked at the warm hand that holding his cold hand and smiled, he looked at Sun Young’s face and she said “ What happened to your family kyungsoo?”. Kyungsoo looked at her soft eyes that felt so familiar and he knew that he trusted this family , they helped him without knowing who he is. They did everything to him without asking him anything , they gave him privacy and respect his decisions. Kyungsoo closed his eyes and let the memories talk in soft voice “ They died when I was young , I don’t remember how old I was maybe 3 or 4 years old, and then my grandmother took me in” He smiled remembering his grandmother’s voice and the beautiful memories they created. “ I lived with my grandmother but she died when I was 8 years old” and Sun young notice the tears that were coming out from his close eyes and she wanted to hug him but she didn’t want to put him in pain so she squeezed his hand and she reached her other hand to wipe his tears. Kyungsoo opened his eyes and looked at Sun young and she asked “ How were you able to take care of yourself at a very young age kyungsoo ?” Kyungsoo smiled and said softly “I guess my grandmother prepared me for real world. She taught me how to cook , sew and clean when I was six years old. After she died , I stayed on my own , I worked on the street polishing people’s shoes. I earned enough to buy the basic needs. I helped around in my neighbor’s restaurant and they provided me with meals. I was always looking forward for tomorrow because it will be new day and tomorrow will always be better ”. This time , Sun young couldn’t hold her tears when she heard the last sentence kyungsoo said , they sounded so familiar , but she couldn’t remember were did she heard it from.Kyungsoo wiped her tears away saying “ it’s okay , it’s no one fault.”. Sun young hold kyungsoo’s hand gently and said softly “  Don’t worry kyungsoo , you have us now. We are here for you” Kyungsoo closed his eyes and let these words sink inside his head and he smiled and drifted to dreamland. 

On the couch , the sleeping figure heard everything and was crying silently. Jongin wanted to sit up and walk to kyungsoo and hug him but he wanted kyungsoo to heal first , step by step. He closed his eyes and followed kyungsoo to dreamland. 

 

 

Kyungsoo stayed asleep for the whole day and jongin stayed by his side the whole time. Chanyeol and Baekhyun visited after school and stayed with jongin. Sehun joined later and Sun Young went home to rest. 

“ What happened Jongin ?, my dad said that you brought kyungsoo almost at dawn to the hospital.” Chanyeol asked sitting in the Hospital’s cafeteria with the other 3 friends. Sehun , Chanyeol and Baekhyun were looking intensely waiting for jongin’s to speak. Jongin let out a loud sighed and said “ He woke up hungry and we went down to the kitchen to cook something , kyungsoo was sitting in the dining table while I was preparing something to eat. I accidentally broke a glass and I was collecting them when kyungsoo came and saw me ,he start having panic attack and run away and kept begging me to stop hurting him” he finished with sad voice. Sehun squeezed Jongin’s shoulder and said calmly “ maybe something trigger it , how did he get these wound in his body”. Chanyeol looked at them and said “ my dad did mention that kyungsoo said that his attacker used pieces of glass, maybe that what trigger his panic attack” Jongin closed his eyes and tried to remember the event and it seemed logical because kyungsoo indeed kept looking at the glass and that when the panic attack started. He opened his eyes and looked at his friends and said “ I think you are right chanyeol, when he had the panic attack he kept looking at the broken piece of glass” and he let out a loud sigh. Baekhyun patted his back gently and said softly “ we will all help jongin-yah , we like kyungsoo and we will protect him no matter what”. Jongin looked at his three friends and felt weight lifted from his shoulder. “ Thank you so much guys , you are the best and you are always here” Jongin said sincerely. They ate and shared some thoughts before they finished and head back to kyungsoo room.

 

Kyungsoo was still sleeping when the 3 friends left. Amber the nurse came in to check on kyungsoo , she was changing the IV for kyungsoo when jongin got out of the bathroom and she saw him and smiled

“ Hi Jongin, how are you?” Amber said cheerfully. 

“ I fine Amber. How are you?” Jongin said shyly.

“ I’m fine too. I’m checking on this strong boy over here” Amber said looking at kyungsoo. 

“ How is he ? Why is he sleeping for too long?” Jongin asked worriedly. 

“ It’s normal Jongin , put yourself in his shoes. His body been through a lot , it’s the body way to heal. He might be sleeping for days or he might wake up now or later. It up to his body in this case.” Amber said calmly and continue “ Don’t worry , he will be okay.” Jongin looked at kyungsoo who was sleeping peacefully and hold his small hands. Amber left the room after she checked on kyungsoo and jongin sat in the chair next to kyungsoo’s bed and doze off. 

 

Kyungsoo opened his eyes and saw himself standing outside his grandmother house. He saw the back of a young lady hugging his younger self , he tried to move but his feet were glued to the ground. He listen to the conversation between his younger self and the women who was giving her back. 

“ I will be back kyungsoo I promise” the women said with sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter