Chapter 14

Tomorrow's Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Kyungsoo , it’s me jongin , look its me jongin” Jongin said with tears in his eyes and tried to touch kyungsoo. Kyungsoo opened his eyes slowly and said crying “ No No No , get away from me” and pushed jongin lightly.Kyungsoo pushed himself from the bed and walked on shaky legs , and jongin was about to follow him but Dr.Park stopped him. 

“Get away from me , don’t hurt me please” Kyungsoo whispered weakly. While kyungsoo was walking toward the door , the knock were heard from outside and Sun Young appeared from behind the door. She looked at the crying boy in front for her and she felt her heart squeezed at how kyungsoo looked at her , his eyes looked so lost. Sun Young opened her arms widely when kyungsoo step forward and whispered weakly out of the blue  “Auntie” and hugged her and Sun young hugged him gently and said “ Kyungsoo , everything will be okay. Don’t worry kyungsoo , we will take good care of you”and kyungsoo cried his heart out. He felt safe in Sun Young’s embrace , it felt like he knew her for years. After few minutes , Sun young walked kyungsoo to the bed and laid him down with the help of Dr.Park and sang him a lullaby until he fell asleep while she patted his head.

 

Dr.Park attached an IV to his hand and worked on the few stitches that pop out. Thankfully kyungsoo stayed asleep.

“ Mrs.Kim , can I talk to you for a minute please?” Dr.Park said in low voice. Sun Young nodded her head and followed Dr.Park out of the room while jongin stayed with kyungsoo. They walked to the dining room and sat on the chairs facing each other.

“ How is he Dr.Park? , I just came back from China after jongin called me.” Sun Young asked calmly. 

“ I need to take him to the hospital Mrs.Kim, Kyungsoo have been attack more than one time. His body is full of bruises and deep wounds, he might have a broken ribs and he’s suffering from malnutrition. And it seems that someone force themselves on him” Dr.Park said sadly dropping his head.

“ Do you mean he was ra.. omg?” Sun young stopped mid sentence and covered shocked by the information and said later “ Are you sure ?”.

“ I don’t know yet” Dr.Park sighed and rubbed his forehead and said “ I noticed hickeys in his neck and chest but when I asked him , he started screaming and when jongin touched him he freaked out and pushed him away asking him not to touch him and then you came in.”.Sun Young placed her hand on her heart and tears were now falling down from her soft eyes and whispered “ He need help , we need to help him, let’s take him to the hospital right now”, Dr.Park sighed and said “ Chanyeol told me that kyungsoo refused to go to the hospital when they wanted to take him”. 

“ Let me talk to him when he wakes up” SunYoung said softly. Dr.Park smiled and nodded. Dr.Park and Sun Young went back to jongin room and Dr.Park detached the IV and collected his stuff and Sun Young walked him to the front door and waved him goodbye.

 

Sun Young prepared the lunch for the 3 boys who were sitting in the living room , the boys helped her preparing the table and placed the dishes in the table. 

“ The food is ready , I’ll go call jongin , please help yourself to whatever you want boys” Sun young said smiling to the 3 friends and went to jongin’s room. She knocked the door softly and opened it. Sun Young saw jongin sitting on a chair near the bed next to kyungsoo and his finger were interlock together with kyungsoo and he was nodding off while kyungsoo was still asleep peacefully. Sun Young looked at them fondly , she approached the bed and looked at kyungsoo, she felt her heart tighten , Kyungsoo’s face was so pale with a big bandage on his forehead and bruised cheeks , she saw another bandage in his left side neck and the small bruises in the right side which Dr.Park mention earlier. She felt like crying because no one should suffer like this. Sun Young sat on the other side of the bed and reached her hand to hold kyungsoo’s other hand , it was so cold and she tried to warm them with both her hands. Kyungsoo opened his eyes slowly and blinked , Sun young looked at him softly and said “ Hi kyungsoo”. Kyungsoo looked at her and then looked at both his hands and he looked at jongin and then moved his eyes to look at Sun young and he stared at her , studying the women’s features , Kyungsoo smiled to her softly and whispered “ Hello Mrs.Kim” , Sun young’s heart beat fast , kyungsoo greeted her saying Mrs.Kim when a while earlier he called her auntie and it felt so familiar , she smiled back and said “ Are you feeling better kyungsoo?”. Kyungsoo smiled again and said softly “ Yes, how are you Mrs.Kim?”. “ I’m fine too kyungsoo.” Sun young smiled back to him and asked “ Are you hungry kyungsoo ?” Kyungsoo whispered no and looked at the sleeping boy in the chair next to him and then back at Sun young said softly“ Jongin need to eat , he’s been taking care of me since yesterday and I know how burden I was to him , he saw my bruises and wounds and I know it was hard on him and I saw him crying. I should have not called him” Kyungsoo’s finished with broken voice. Sun young looked at the tear rolling down his cheek and she squeezed his hand gently and kyungsoo looked at her , his eyes were red and tired and she said “ Kyungsoo , I want you to know that you did the right thing, you are so brave , I’m really thankful that you called jongin” She looked at her sleeping son and continued “ He was a mess when you disappeared kyungsoo , he kept searching everywhere , he really care about you. Kyungsoo let us help you please , you are not a burden , every friend to jongin is like a son to me .” she finished with soft smile. Kyungsoo tears were rolling down his cheeks while smiling to her and whispered “ Thank you” , Sun Young wiped his tears away and asked him to sleep some more while she hummed a lullaby to him. She heard soft snores coming out from his mouth and she stood up and walked to jongin and shook him gently and said softly “ Jongin son wake up” , jongin whine loudly and groans and Sun Young laughed softly and said “ Jongin you are going to wake kyungsoo up with your loud whining , you are such a baby when you wake up” she teased.Jongin opened his eyes slowly at the mention of kyungsoo’s name and looked at kyungsoo who was sleeping peacefully with smile on his face and looked at his mom and smiled to her and said” I’m sorry mom”. Sun young smiled and said “ let’s go eat , you have been taking care of kyungsoo and he’s been worrying that you are not eating well”.

“ Kyungsoo said that ?” Jongin asked looking at the sleeping boy. 

“ Yes , he was awake when you were sleeping and I talked to him before he fall asleep again” Sun young said smiling and raffles her son’s hair.

“ How can he be like this mom , he’s been suffering and yet he is worried about me and not himself. Mom , I like him. I want to be just like him one day” Jongin said sighing softly. Sun young looked at her son and hugged him around by wrapping her arms around his shoulder and said “ When did you grew up so fast” she kissed his head and said “ come on , let’s go eat , your friends might finished all of the food by now” Jongin looked at her and chuckle lightly and turned his face toward kyungsoo and said “ I can’t leave him alone, what if something happen ?” Sun young knew what jongin was referring too , Dr.park told her about kyungsoo’s panic attacks. She patted his back and reassured him by saying “ Kyungsoo is strong , we are here for him but that doesn’t mean we forget about taking care of ourselves  , it will really upset kyungsoo. He will be fine okay?”. Jongin looked at kyungsoo and bent down to kiss his forehead and stood up and followed his mother downstairs. 

 

-

 

Kyungsoo spent the whole day sleeping , from time to time someone will be watching over him. At 9 pm Jongin’s friend left the house and promised him that they will visit tomorrow and to call them if he need anything. Jongin sat with his mother in the living room. 

“ Jongin-yah” Sun young called her son gently. 

“ Hmm mom” Jongin replied. 

“ What are you thinking of jongin-yah?” Sun Young hold her son hand and smiled. 

Jongin let out a long sighed and said “ I’m scared mom”.

“ Why jongin? is it about kyungsoo?” Sun young asked with worried tone.

“ Yes , about kyungsoo. Mom , he’s been suffering a lot and I don’t know how to help him. Whenever I try to touch him he will push me away and scream like I’m going to hurt him. I’m confused , sometimes he will call my name and sometimes he will push me away.I don’t know what to do , how can I help him? I’m scared mom , what if he run away again? What should I do?.” Jongin said while his face was covered in tears and his lips were trembling.

Sun Young hugged jongin and said “ Don’t worry jongin , I will help you , I’m here too for kyungsoo , he will be alright. He’s been in tough situation nini but he will get better with our help . Remember that we are all here for him”. Jongin looked up at his mom and said “ I’m sorry to ruin your holiday mom , I know dad is upset. But it was too much to handle in my own and I was scared.” Sun young kissed jongin’s head and said softly “ I’m glad you did nini , I want you to know that you didn’t ruin anything and your dad is not upset. In fact he bought the ticket and sent me to the airport. You know jongin that we will always support you. We love you son”. “ I love you too mom. Thank you” Jongin said softly. 

“ Now , come on go sleep. You look so tired. You can use the guest room to sleep in and I’ll watch over kyungsoo” Sun young said while patting jongin shoulder. Jongin looked at his mom and said smiling “ It’s okay mom , I’ll watch over kyungsoo and sleep on the chair.I want to take good care of him mom”Sun young smiled and kissed his cheeks and wished him a goodnight and walked to her room while jongin went to his room. 

 

Jongin opened the door slowly in order not to wake up kyungsoo , he walked to the bathroom and washed and changed and came out and walked to the bed where kyungsoo is laid. He hold kyungsoo’s hand and whispered “ I will protect you hyung I promise”. A small smile were faced in kyungsoo face that got unnoticed by jongin. Jongin laid next to kyungsoo and scooted closer to kyungsoo and closed his eyes and drifted to dreamland.

 

Kyungsoo tried to open his eyes but the sudden white light that flashed in front of him make it impossible. He heard someone calling him and tried to look through his lashes, the white light faded away slowly and then he looked around. He notice that he was in unfamiliar house, he was laying down in small bed design for toddlers and there were toys spread everywhere in the floor. His name were coming from behind the door when it opened slowly. 

“ Kyungsoo are you awake ?” Jinri asked appearing from behind the door.

“ Mom?” Kyungsoo whispered.

Jinri walked to the bed smiling warmly and said “ Come kyungsoo you have been sleeping for hours now.” 

“ Mom where are we ?” Kyungsoo asked looking around.

“ It’s my friend home kyungsoo , you don’t remember?” Jinri asked softly.

Kyungsoo shook his head and said “ where is grandma?”.

“ She’s in her house kyungsoo. it’s just me and you in here” Jinri answered with soft voice.

She reached his hand and said smiling “ come on kyungsoo. my friend and her son are cooking us dinner” Kyungsoo smiled and hold his mother’s hand and walked out of the room heading to the living room. While kyungsoo was walking , he kept looking around. He wasn’t familiar with the house but he felt that he knew his way to the living room, like he have been here before. They reached the living room and sat on the couch looking at the back of h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter