Chapter 6 - Silent cry

Tomorrow's Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning: Use of language 

 

Jongin was doing his homework when he heard a knock in his door. Sun young appeared from behind the door “ Jonginnie  dinner is ready come down”. Jongin smiled to his mom and nodded his head. “ I just need to solve this math problem and I’ll come down” Jongin said. When jongin finished his homework ,he went down and helped his mom getting the table ready. 

“ Dad is not coming?”Jongin asked.

“He’s running late , he have this meeting with their partner from other country and you know time difference” Sun young said softly. 

“ Poor dad , he really work hard , I hope he didn’t to eat something ” Jongin said sadly while thinking of kyungsoo.

Sun young cooked jongin his favorite dish “Fried chicken” , they were eating in  silence when Sun young noticed her son barely touched his food and inquired “ What’s on your mind nini ?, you have been too quiet for my liking today and you didn’t touch your food ”. 

Jongin fiddled with his fingers and looked around quietly and sighed 

“ Did something happened in school today?” Sun Young sounded concerned.

Jongin spilled everything to Sun Young about what happened to the bullied boy. Sun young touched her son hand and said “ Poor boy , what is his name?” .

 “ Do Kyungsoo” Jongin replied shyly. 

Sun Young felt her heart clenched at the mentioned of the name, she never heard of Do Kyungsoo before but why did her heat beat fast.

“ Mom are you okay?” Jongin asked worriedly after seeing his mom’s face paled.

Sun Young looked at her son face , she smiled softly and patted his hand and said “ I’m okay nini , I will pack you extra lunch bag and give it to the boy”. 

“ Thank you mom” Jongin said sincerely and  gave her a big smile. Jongin was thankful for his mom . She was always understanding and open minded .He can tell her everything , she never questions his decisions and always support his dreams.

“ You seem to care about this boy” Sun Young winked teasing her son. 

“ Mom “ Jongin whined and pouted cutely. “ It’s just mom , ugh, when you see him , you will understand.” 

Sun young laughed softly and said “ Well Nini invite him someday so I can see your friend” She emphasis the last word. Jongin looked bashful and whispered “ Someday”.

 

-

 

 

Kyungsoo wake up at 4 am. He took shower and let the warm water run down his hair and back and sighed. Kyungsoo closed his eyes , dropped his head down and thought “ What I’m going to do now? how I’m going to pay for the rent? I will receive my pay-check next week, but it won’t cover the three month rent. I will try to talk to the landlord. You are strong kyungsoo, you overcome lots of obstacles. I’ll find solution ” Kyungsoo let a long sigh and washed himself and got ready for his morning shift. 

 

The weather was getting colder indicating that winter is coming soon. Kyungsoo walked fast to the convenience store. He saw the manager and bowed to him and said. “ Sir , can I talk to you” he looked down and fiddled with his hands nervously. 

“ What do you have to say” the manager said annoyed.

“ Can you give me my salary earlier I nee ..” Kyungsoo sentence was cut-off by his manager snorting.

“ Where do you think you are working , at some fancy company?” the manager said and turned his back to kyungsoo. 

“ Please manager, please I need the money , I’ll cover more shifts” Kyungsoo pleaded while bowing to his manager. 

“ You can quite if you don’t like it here” the manager said angrily. 

Kyungsoo froze , he can’t lose this job. “ I’m sorry manager , I’m sorry , I’ll get to work” kyungsoo kept apologizing and bowing to his manager. 

 

-

 

 

 

Luhan entered the convenience store at 7:30am , he yawned and bought some energy drinks for him , Sehun and Jongin since they have dance practice at 7:45. He saw kyungsoo and waved at him, kyungsoo bowed and smiled warmly to him. Luhan decided to buy kyungsoo energy drink as well. 

“ How are you kyungsoo?” Luhan said smiling to the boy.

“I’m fine Luhan hyung” Kyungsoo smiled back.

“ I thought you only worked night shift” Luhan asked.

“ I do night and morning shift” Kyungsoo said softly.

Luhan take a look at kyungsoo and noticed his red swollen eye, sunken with wide black rings underneath them. He noticed how small and skinny kyungsoo is. He looked fragile , like he was going to break if someone touched him.

Luhan took the drinks from kyungsoo and opened one and gave it to kyungsoo. 

Kyungsoo blinked confused and Luhan blurted “ We all need one for school” and he laughed softly “ see you around kyungsoo” and he run off to his practice. 

Kyungsoo was still confused but he smiled to himself and accepted the drink. 

 

-

 

 

Sehun pushed the door of the practice room of the dance studio followed by yawning Jongin. Luhan was stretching  facing the mirror. They went and stood next to him and start stretching. After they practice , they showered and changed to their school uniform and went to school. While they were walking to the school , Sehun turned to Luhan and said “ Luhan hyung , what’s on your mind , you have been quiet since we were back in the studio” jongin looked at luhan and waited for the latter to say something. 

Luhan sighed and said sadly “ Remember the kid we saw yesterday in the coffee shop ? 

“ Do Kyungsoo, what about him ?” Sehun asked. 

Jongin eye wide at the mention of the name and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter