Chapter 7 - Blossom of a Friendship

Tomorrow's Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“ How are you feeling kyungsoo?” The nurse asked kyungsoo. 

“ I’m okay , thank you” . Kyungsoo smiled.

“ Kyungsoo , you need to go to the hospital to get your lungs checked by a doctor”. The nurse looked at him and continued “ And you need to eat , you fainted because of malnutrition ,I tired to contact your home but the number that was listed as your emergency contact was out of service”. 

Kyungsoo looked down , the nurse patted kyungsoo shoulder and said softly “ if you want to rest some more you can stay here , or if you want I can send you home.”

“ Is it okay if I stayed here till lunch break?” Kyungsoo asked softly.

“ As you like kyungsoo , better wait for your friend.” the nurse said and left him to rest.

“Friend” kyungsoo thought smiling , then shook his head and closed his eye.

 

-

 

 

Kyungsoo never left Jongin’s thoughts the whole class , he didn’t take notes or listen to whatever the teacher was saying. When the bell ring indicating the lunch break , jongin stood up immediately and walked out the class but a hand grabbed his shoulder and he looked over his shoulder .

“ where are you running off jongin ?” sehun asked.

“ I told kyungsoo that I’ll check on him” jongin said.

“ How about you bring him to our table , if he is feeling good ,we can all eat together with chanyeol hyung and baekhyun hyung” Sehun suggested.

Jongin looked at his best friend and smile sincerely. “ I will bring him , but please guys don’t scare the boy”.Sehun looked at jongin and said winking “ I can’t promise you that”. Jongin laughed and headed to the nurse room. 

 

-

 

Kyungsoo was about to leave the room when jongin arrived. Kyungsoo looked at jongin and asked surprise “You came ?” .

Jongin titled his head and said  “ I told you I will come back” he smiled “ Are you better now? where are you going ?” jongin asked. 

Kyungsoo looked at him and smiled “ I’m feeling better , and I was heading to the library”. Jongin looked at him confused and said “ But it’s lunch break , you should head to the cafeteria and eat.” 

Kyungsoo dropped his head and jongin asked quickly “ Do you want to eat with me , I mean with my friends, my mom packed extra lunch.” he raised his hand to show kyungsoo the extra bag of lunch. Kyungsoo was taken aback by what he heard and looked at jongin’s eyes , all he saw is honesty , he hesitated before nodding. A big smile was painted of jongin face and his eye turned to crescent and kyungsoo wandered “ why does this smile and those crescent’s eye look familiar , why is my heart beating fast, am I having another asthma attack?” he thought. 

“ Kyungsoo?” jongin asked worriedly touching his shoulder lightly , kyungsoo blinked and said “ huh” .

“ I said let’s go and eat” jongin said and griped kyungsoo wrist and dragged him to the cafeteria were his friends are sitting. 

 

 

Kyungsoo let jongin lead him to the cafeteria and looked at the hand that holding his wrist gently. They entered the cafeteria and students glanced at the two and whispered. He lead him to a table were 3 boys were eating, they looked up to them and smiled and waved there hand. 

“ Guys this is Do Kyungsoo” jongin said “ Kyungsoo , this giant one with big ears is chanyeol hyung ” the group laughed and chanyeol gave him big smile and nodded his head ,jongin continued “ this one with no facial expression is Sehun , he might look scary but he is not” kyungsoo smiled softly and bowed to the said boy  “And this one is baekhyun hyung, he might look 18 but he’s 5 years old” Jongin whispered the last part , baekhyun rolled his eye at jongin and extended his hand to shake kyungsoo’s hand. They sat at the table and jongin opened the lunch bag and gave it to kyungsoo who sat next to him. 

 

“ So Kyungsoo , I’ve heard that you are with jongin in advance math class” Baekhyun asked with mouth full of food.

“ Yah baekhyun hyung , how many time do I need to tell you to swallow your food before you speak ,the boy will lose his appetite” Sehun said annoyed.

Kyungsoo chuckle softly “ it’s okay “ and continued “ yeah we are in the advance math and advanced english class too .” 

Jongin looked at kyungsoo and thought “why haven’t I noticed  you before”. 

“ Do you want to hang out with us after school , we can go to the mall or the park.” Chanyeol asked. 

“ I’m sorry but I can’t , I have to go to work after school.” Kyungsoo said. 

“ It’s okay ,maybe another time “ baekhyun winked at kyungsoo and he nodded.

 

Kyungsoo listen to the group and smiled from time to time. He thought “it’s nice to be part of something , they are nice people” , “ do they really want to be friends?”, “ am I worth their friendship”.A soft whisper interrupted his thought and looked up to see jongin pointing at his lunch “ Do you not like it?” jongin asked worriedly. 

“ No , it taste good , thank you jongin , but I’m full.” Kyungsoo answered softly. 

“ We have advanced english after the lunch break , do you maybe want to go together?” Jongin asked cutely. 

Kyungsoo cheeks tinted pink and nodded , jongin wanted nothing more then to pinch those cheeks but he refrain because he didn’t want to look like a creep. 

 

-

 

Kyungsoo and jongin walked together to their english class, kyungsoo walked to his desk at the end of the class and jongin followed him with his eye. Jongin was seated at the second row  , he looked at his desk and looked back at the empty seat next to kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was pulling his english book from the his bag when he felt  a shadow hovering over his desk , he looked and saw a smiling jongin “ Do you mind if I sit here” and pointed at the empty seat next to him. Kyungsoo hesitated before shaking his head no. Jongin smiled and showed his perfect teeth and sat next to kyungsoo. 

 

-

 

At the end of the school day , the group of four gathered in front of the school gate. Jongin kept searching with his eye for the petite male and then he saw him coming out of the school door.

“ I want to buy a new shoes , there is a sale on the store I always buy from” Baekhyun said excitedly. 

“ But baek you bought one last week” Chanyeol said.

“ It’s a new week yeol” baekhyun said with puppy eyes.

“ let’s go to the mall” sehun yawned. 

The group started to walked and notice jongin not following, “ Jongin-yah , come on let’s go” sehun said out loud. Jongin looked at them and said out loud “ you go first , I’ll come later okay?” he walked tow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter